PDA

View Full Version : Memory?

j0rz
07-12-05, 21:08
Im having afew problems after coming back to nc

when i first log on my system runs nc fine no loading after i zone afew times it starts to load alittle and it stops the game play and its very anooying

when i look at alt + f after 10 zones or so it says only 16 to 30mb of ram free! out of 1300 and odd ur not telling me it takes 1300mb of ram for one sec of nc... i can load a full level of doom 3 on ultra with no loading sperts,

spec is as fallows

amd Fx57
7800 GTX 512Meg from XFX 630/1800mhz
1024meg of pc3200 XL cosair ram
400gig hdd on sata2
DFI SLI mobo
Xtreme fidelity sound card
all details are on high @ 1280x1024x32 4xAA 4xAF runs fine untill it starts loading is there a way to flush the ram after each zone ! or some thing its so anoying and to be fair it should do it i can run just about any game max detail fine without loading so why not NC!

LiL T
07-12-05, 22:21
Increase your virtual memory by a lot and you won't have to relog so much, I have mine set to max size on its own disk partition so it don't get fragmented. You don't need it on its own partition but make sure you delete your current swap file and do a defrag befor making a new one and always set the max size as the initial size as well. defraging befor making the swapfile prevents it from getting fragmented cos windows is dumb, setting it as a fixed size prevents fragmentation and stuttering ingame when your comp is resizing the swapfile as it runs out of RAM.

Hope this helps :)

/edit I see you have a 400 GB harddisk and if you are going to put it on its own partition, put it as the first partition, this is the outside edge of the drive which is fastest. Though you might need norton partition magic or some other program, since windows installs to this area or you could reformat make the disk sections first.

j0rz
08-12-05, 13:22
This seems to have helped alot thanks for that also made my 3d marks go from 13600 to 14300 on 05 lol :) :lol: