PDA

View Full Version : OT Xbox 360's!

nobby
07-12-05, 19:53
Anyone got one yet?

I went on www.game.net and ordered one with 4 games, they're limited stock now so i'm lucky!

anyone else got one?

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 19:53
Nah. They crash, and all the games ('cept the 'tendo one) have recieved poor reviews.

BlackDove
07-12-05, 19:54
Enjoy hahahahaha (http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/video/Xbox-360-Scratch-Disks3.wmv)

nobby
07-12-05, 19:57
Bastard! :p

I just won't be turning mine upside down then....

Scaramanga
07-12-05, 19:59

Shame the vid cuts halfway through, otherwise it'd actually prove something.

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 19:59
Ouch!

I think I'll just stick to Nintendo + whichever console is the most powerful (PS3).

Scaramanga
07-12-05, 20:01
Edited

Odin
07-12-05, 20:17

What kind of idiots changes the position with the disc running? Nearly all products out there including right in the manual for the xbox 360 state not to do such.

Score one for sensationalism over intelligence on the net. From the actual facts it sounds like the problems with 360 is in the 3-5% range (which is the standard level). The only real complaint out there is with that brick of a power supply that runs pretty hot so shouldn't be stuffed into an enclosed area.

-FN-
07-12-05, 20:31
Ebay Filled with Fake Xboxs (http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=39880)

40,000 Xbox 360s Sold on eBay (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1779&Itemid=2)

BlackDove
07-12-05, 22:29
What kind of idiots changes the position with the disc running? Nearly all products out there including right in the manual for the xbox 360 state not to do such.

Really?

You leave the room (you can be in the room too, doubt you'd notice anyone moving it if you're looking at the game) for a moment and the kid(s) moves it around?

Also, I moved my PS2 plenty around when I didn't have my memory cards and needed to clean it/around it. No scratched disks here.

The question isn't what kind of an idiot changes the position, it is what kind of an idiot sells this piece of shit of a machine?

But then again we have the age old question. Who is the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows them?

Ozzon
07-12-05, 22:36
Ah the evil microsoft and their shitty products :rolleyes:, it's funny but I tried same thing with my Xbox 360 and nothing happened?
WTF?

I'll ask my friend to do the same thing with some DVD disc to confirm this...

Castr0
07-12-05, 22:45
The same thing happened to me when I first tried my PS2 with the disc delivered with it with some prewiew on it. I didn't change the position of my PS2 and the disc came out like the DVD in the vid. I used my PS2 many times after this and I have never had this problem again, I even change its position sometimes while the disc is turning but nothing happens. But now, my PS2 doesn't work anymore, it takes an average of 1 hour to correctly loads a game, I HAVE TO change the position of my PS2 if I want it to go faster :wtf:

giga191
07-12-05, 23:01
lol castro my PS2 has problems loading too, I opened it up and tried to adjust the laser distance which fixed it but then it broke again shortly after

Odin
07-12-05, 23:03
Also, I moved my PS2 plenty around when I didn't have my memory cards and needed to clean it/around it. No scratched disks here.

You did this while the disk was actively running? Quite lucky then really. Same thing will happen in a lot of cases if you were to do such with most products. It also does state quite clearly in their manual to not move it while it's playing. People do some really strange things with their stuff.

n3m
07-12-05, 23:11
Bit too expensive, just like the Xbox (1st one) started at €499.
Month later it was €399.
Another month later it was €349 + 2 games.
Now it's, what, €200 with 2 games?

So I'll wait and decide later if Im gonna get one. Only got my xbox for Halo and Halo 2 tbh.
It's now collecting dust.. :x

It's funny to see how everyone loves to whine to the whole world, how evil and shitty Microsoft is. :rolleyes:

nobody2004
07-12-05, 23:27
You did this while the disk was actively running? Quite lucky then really. Same thing will happen in a lot of cases if you were to do such with most products. It also does state quite clearly in their manual to not move it while it's playing. People do some really strange things with their stuff.

WHO did try that on the Terra server yesterday eve' ?!?

:D

Odin
07-12-05, 23:29
WHO did try that on the Terra server yesterday eve' ?!?

:D

The hamsters got loose. They were flipping everything :angel:

sanityislost
07-12-05, 23:37
a lil bit OT but this banned Xbox Commercial is funneh!!

Click meh. (http://www.egraphixstudios.com/neowin/xbox360.wmv)

People will ban just about anything these days :rolleyes:

SiL ..:..

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 23:46
Would never buy such a watse of money

System
07-12-05, 23:52
I still dont have mine and it was pre-ordered.......

BlackDove
07-12-05, 23:59

When I buy something for $200 and above, I expect it to work flawlessly.

It usually does.

vashtyphoon78
08-12-05, 00:11
im waiting till the Ps3 shows its power before i buy either of the "Nextgen" systems. funny thing the PC was really the first nexgen system. *Cugh HL2 cough*

//edit LMFAO at that banned Xbox commercial- why did they fricken ban that? hilarious :lol:

im also getting a PS3 most likely cause why the F would you pay for internet service twice? if i pay for my cable internet i dont wanna pay another company to use it.

BlackDove
08-12-05, 00:13
It's already decided that the PS3 has higher capacity than the Xbox. And it WILL be used, we can be sure of that (I mean shit, MGS4 is under construction for it, what the hell do you think?).

Two words:

Blu-Ray. It offers unparalleled potential compared to the ordinary DVD.

Shenyu Reza
08-12-05, 00:20
I can get the prenium pack for 200€ :D

give your first xbox + 5 games (-150€) and... know the salesman :p

but ...
there's not enough xbox 360 to sell ... (30 000 in france and 300 000 in europe only)

BlackDove
08-12-05, 00:23
30 360's were offered here and advertised in the newspapers for half their price (€150). Admittedly the core system, but still.

Didn't even cross my mind to buy it.

nobby
08-12-05, 00:31
[QUOTE=BlackDove]Really?

The question isn't what kind of an idiot changes the position, it is what kind of an idiot sells this piece of shit of a machine?
QUOTE]

I bet it runs better than your Computer :p

also Sanity...

I FUCKING LOVED THAT ADVERT!!!!

Being the Geek I am, I want Adults to play with me like that!!!

noone plays with Nobby....

I can't Bloody stand the way it was Banned!!!

HOW? WHY?

I don't even know why the 1st XBOX advert was banned...

That advert was excellent :p

hehe :lol:

The Life of Brian would have been banned simply because of the men on the cross singing, "always look on the bright side of life" :lol:

--------------------------------
Someone is stabbed, they have man hunt in their room, Blame the game...

This is getting stupid now

BlackDove
08-12-05, 00:35
[QUOTE=BlackDove]Really?

QUOTE]

I bet it runs better than your Computer :p

also Sanity...

I FUCKING LOVED THAT ADVERT!!!!

Being the Geek I am, I want Adults to play with me like that!!!

noone plays with Nobby....

I can't Bloody stand the way it was Banned!!!

HOW? WHY?

I don't even know why the 1st XBOX advert was banned...

That advert was excellent :p

hehe :lol:

The Life of Brian would have been banned simply because of the men on the cross singing, "always look on the bright side of life" :lol:

--------------------------------
Someone is stabbed, they have man hunt in their room, Blame the game...

This is getting stupid now

Quoted for the truth of the layout that Xbox customers post in :p

And as far as it running better than my computer. My computer is fried, waiting for a new one, and I'd rather have my computer than the 360.

nobby
08-12-05, 00:39
I stay and Remain correct! :p

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 00:43
Microsoft purchased Rareware so that Perfect Dark Zero could be released on the more expensive XBOX360 instead of the cheaper Nintendo Revolution.

Microsoft purchased Halo from Bungie, who prior to working on Halo had been known as the creators of Marathon, a fantastic first person shoot 'em up for it's time released on the MAC and later on the PC.

Microsoft are buisnessmen. They purchase other products and sell them to you at an increased cost so they can pay off their take-over deals. If they hadn't purchased Rareware then you could all have enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero as a launch title on the much cheaper Nintendo Revolution.

Microsoft are middlemen. Buisnessmen. Truly parasites. Reasons stated above.

EDIT: I also disagree with their right wing market politics. But that's a different issue entirely.

nobby
08-12-05, 00:44
We would have actually seen it on the Game Cube....

Then rareware fell out with Nintendo :p :lol: :p

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 00:50
We would have actually seen it on the Game Cube....

I guess I was actually quite disappointed with the gamecube. Metroid Prime was a fantastic game, as was Smash Bro's Melee. It just doesn't feel as if it lived up to the greatness of the N64 or SNES.

Can't wait for the new Zelda game though.

Then rareware fell out with Nintendo :p :lol: :p
Are you sure they fell out? I heard Microsoft just bought them off.

nobby
08-12-05, 00:51
Well I read that they fell out...

Then Microsoft took them under their wing :p

Vampire222
08-12-05, 00:58
originally was gonna be the sequel to the best console fps, on the gamecube, but that never made it, and rare was kinda silent bout it, then microsoft bought em and they started showing off Zero.

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 00:59
It's sad that Square Enix left Nintendo too. It just seems like the Business behind the art to me.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-12-05, 01:12
Ff1 Ftw!!!
!!!!!!!

BlackDove
08-12-05, 02:14

Well put. I completely agree.

Transformer
08-12-05, 02:36
buy it and sell it for even more....alot more on ebay.

IceStorm
08-12-05, 04:27
I've had one since USA Launch. Mine was pre-ordered back in late May, just after E3. When I heard they were doing a spot on MTV to promote it, the first thing I thought was, "Oh shit." The second thing I thought was, "pre-order it now or there's no way in hell I'm getting one before 2006." Sure enough, my later early August pre-order for a friend is in the "after Xmas" pile.

After using it for the past two weeks, carting it from the Metro NYC area to California and back, hooking it up to two different HDTVs, Live!, running a few 360 games and a couple XBOX games, I have to say it's very nice. Condemned is a fine Monolith title, Kameo is gorgeous, Live Arcade is fun (I'm hooked on Outpost Kaloki X), and the ability to download demos of games is great (it's what has me renting NFS MW from GameFly). And, finally, you can turn the thing on and off without walking over to the console. FINALLY.

The unit doesn't overheat if you don't back it up against a wall. The power brick has enough cabling on it to run it over 6 feet away from the console, so it's sitting on the other side of my TV instead of crammed up against the back of the unit. It hasn't crashed on me yet, nor has it scratched any discs.

Serious_Sam
08-12-05, 13:27
As with all electronic products, you have to be CAREFUL when using and maintaining them. I swear you Americans just shit all over them and wonder why they don't work! And then SUE THE BASTARDS!!!

Anyhoo i got one, the 360 is on its side so the bottom vent is used, and the power supply is on its side so the bottom can get some air, when its not powering my 360, its providing electricity to 3rd world countries :-p

j0rz
08-12-05, 14:07
Well i got my 360 plugged it in started playing it and it locked up.. it was red hot the unit i mean not the psu... so i took it back and they said they couldnt get me one before christmas so i got my money back and went and bought a 7800 GTX 512meg and i tell u wot it kicks the crap out of the 360 any day :D :eek:

SnAkE_BE
08-12-05, 15:10
dude if i was u i would wait for the ps3 ^^ that nearly double as powerfull af xbox 360

nintendo and sony are the best tbh

nintendo = oldest stil existing console makers (lol i loved how nintendo sold more gamecubes then bill gates said nintendo would :) )

sony = best one around tbh ^^ (still got my ps2 got it from the first day of the european release and it still works =-) )

suler
08-12-05, 15:43
Microsoft purchased Rareware so that Perfect Dark Zero could be released on the more expensive XBOX360 instead of the cheaper Nintendo Revolution.

Microsoft purchased Halo from Bungie, who prior to working on Halo had been known as the creators of Marathon, a fantastic first person shoot 'em up for it's time released on the MAC and later on the PC.

Microsoft are buisnessmen. They purchase other products and sell them to you at an increased cost so they can pay off their take-over deals. If they hadn't purchased Rareware then you could all have enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero as a launch title on the much cheaper Nintendo Revolution.

EDIT: I also disagree with their right wing market politics. But that's a different issue entirely.

Like sony is any better. Back when the dreamcast was still around they strongarmed many of the game companies. They basically said "If you make games on any other system, you can't make any on ours."

EDIT: Also the ps2 was one of the worst shoddy consoles ever. Not the specs the specs were great just the hardware was cheap and failed alot. Of course people who had no problems with their personal ps2 think that all ps2s are good and that everyone else is lieing.

IceStorm
08-12-05, 22:46
dude if i was u i would wait for the ps3 ^^ that nearly double as powerfull af xbox 360Or just buy both. I'm putting in for a PS3 pre-order as soon as it's available.

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 23:38
dude if i was u i would wait for the ps3 ^^ that nearly double as powerfull af xbox 360

nintendo and sony are the best tbh

nintendo = oldest stil existing console makers (lol i loved how nintendo sold more gamecubes then bill gates said nintendo would :) )

RAW! YEAH! *runs off to play Super Metroid & Metroid Prime.*

Or just buy both. I'm putting in for a PS3 pre-order as soon as it's available.
Yeh. That's what I am doing except with the Nintendo and PS3.

PS3 looks niiiiiice.

Skusty
08-12-05, 23:52
lol castro my PS2 has problems loading too, I opened it up and tried to adjust the laser distance which fixed it but then it broke again shortly after
I bougth my PS2 when it had ben in swedne for like 4days, its very good quality, did the same as you, no scratch at all never!! Maybe when i misstakly dropped disk on the carpet lol.

rob444
09-12-05, 14:31
PS3 > Xbox 360 period

Asurmen Spec Op
09-12-05, 15:24
PS3 > Xbox 360 period
my PC > PS3

rob444
09-12-05, 16:09
Well depends on what you are referring too. PS3 graphics are a lot more nice than PC graphics and got much better performance imo.

suler
09-12-05, 16:33
No that is part of the problem with consoles. Even if they go for state of the art tech, by the time it is actually released it will be last months pc tech already. Consoles sell well because of their simplicity and lack of needing to upgrade, not their power.

rob444
09-12-05, 16:42
That's true, we'll see what happens in 2006 if there are PC games released with great graphics quality with great performance with new gfx cards with great performance.

hm I wonder what the games will be like in 20 years or so :cool:

Ryen
09-12-05, 16:51
Well depends on what you are referring too. PS3 graphics are a lot more nice than PC graphics and got much better performance imo.

How can you say that when a playable demo has yet to be shown? Sure, theres UT2007 that was shown, but that runs just as smoothly on PC hardware.

Killzone was already said to be pre-rendered, as were every other demo besides UT2007. Which, agian, is already running on PC hardware faster than PS3 hardware.

rob444
09-12-05, 17:06
Killzone 2 pre-rendered? I thought it was a techdemo?

sl33py
09-12-05, 17:22
http://www.ps3blog.net/
good site , go get some info :p
I also found an article on ign with 10 reasons not to buy the xbox and wait for the ps3

nobody2004
09-12-05, 18:29
Doesn't the xbox have 3 x 3.2 Ghz CPU (+GPU) ?

Does it really need that ?

To my humble experience, most modern games rely more on GPU than CPU, no ?

Will the PS3 also have multiple CPU's ?

Would be nice to turn the xbox in a regular PC though ... :p

nobby
09-12-05, 18:45
The PS3 has 8 CPU's :p

RogerRamjet
09-12-05, 19:36
My Cupboard has well over 8 Cups.

I think i win.

suler
10-12-05, 08:36
Well if it's anything like ps2 and regular xbox, you'll miss out on decent games either way if you only get one. Games are what really makes the system worth it. I've always just got both consoles.

Seezur001
10-12-05, 09:33
Anyone got one yet?

I went on www.game.net (http://www.game.net) and ordered one with 4 games, they're limited stock now so i'm lucky!

anyone else got one?

Actually..I think im lucky that I don't have one. No problems to deal with :P I'll wait until the 2nd release to get one.

LaZyBoY
10-12-05, 09:59
(PC > All) thats how it works get over it

sl33py
12-12-05, 10:54
The PS3 has 8 CPU's :p
nope

it has 1 real cpu
8 helper mini cpu's :)

the real cpu controls the data flow on the 8 mini cpu's , and i think that all cpu's are baked on one or 2 chips, not 100% sure

wargolem
12-12-05, 11:23
Alot of ps and nintendo games have sold out to xbox. PS3 is still not working correctly and i dont know anything about nintendos next project. when the 360 is established in the next few months i think market domination could be in the air... depending on how long sony and nintendo take to get there new projects working.... which will never have the same kinda backing that microsoft get from component suppliers.... just my view but xbox is the way forward ... see the light :)

wargolem
12-12-05, 11:24
PS3 > Xbox 360 period
when the ps3 is eventually working....

sl33py
12-12-05, 15:43
XboX = a stone
PS3 = Full automatic pistol

Throwing stones < Shooting stuff
I'll take the wait till end Q1 2006

sl33py
13-12-05, 13:11
found the ign link back
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

And about the architecture off the Cell Be (the heart of the PS3) read this tech article from ibm
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-cellperf/

j0rz
14-12-05, 14:52

Go compare what a 7800 GTX 512meg card can do and see what a ps3 can do u'll notice my pc would kick its ass all over the show more so once overclocked which it is ... power to the 15670 3D marks on 2005 :) :lol: