PDA

View Full Version : Make Flying Vehiches Stronger

Cor
07-12-05, 15:49
Two day now 3 gliders destroyed in less than 5 minutes. Two in trying to take off and hittting one of the new bushes, the other one trying to land at DRT, hit invisable wall. Had this awhile back same thing. There is no problem to fly them once you get them up, it's trying to get them up and landing and the fraking invisable wall. Just in creese thier, I don't know what you call it but there bumping into things damage. The ground veh don't have that so make it the same, but you still can destroy it by shooting it.

SnAkE_BE
07-12-05, 15:54
just remove collision dammage
i always fly against the top of the zone ^^
its a long way down btw :p

but i dont die from that fall :confused: :confused:
and if i slide of a mountain by "driving" into a zone and i have a long sync and i end up somewhere far away from my vehicle then i friggin die by falling.

Morpheous
07-12-05, 20:42
Part of the skill of piloting is being able to avoid flying into walls. Everyone blows up at least 5 scouts getting the hang of them, the trick is to learn from your experiences.

Personally I spent about 3 days with some advanced scout gliders and by the end of that I was completely capable and could pull off some nice manuvers.

Bombers/Carriers have a different system but it's fairly easy to get used to- about 5 days of practice and I was landing in OP courtyards with no trouble ;)

Clive tombstone
07-12-05, 21:27
Part of the skill of piloting is being able to avoid flying into walls. Everyone blows up at least 5 scouts getting the hang of them, the trick is to learn from your experiences.

Personally I spent about 3 days with some advanced scout gliders and by the end of that I was completely capable and could pull off some nice manuvers.

Bombers/Carriers have a different system but it's fairly easy to get used to- about 5 days of practice and I was landing in OP courtyards with no trouble ;)

*raises his fist at Morpheous*

Getting that out of the way. Just removing the collision damage would fix a lot of things. YES skill should be taken into consideration, but honestly, how much skill does it take to see an invisable wall, let alone dodge it. Well I know for a fact, that god doesnt play NC so Im pretty sure no one has never encountered the dreaded *air mines* as I like to call them. Right now, and its been discused to death, Gliders are really really bugged right now. There better than they used to be, but not all that much. Just remove Collision damage for the time being and thatll make a TON of people happy.

... That and make the Hover carrier have a 70Int requirment instead of 100+

PS, Can we possibly give the the Carrier and bomber a "slow fall" movement for them? Honestly letting go of the foward key for a second can cause a TON of fall damage to your ship if your not careful, which can be lag related btw.

james_finn
07-12-05, 21:51

Not to be rude, but it was you that parked phoenix's bomber in the outpost building in Malstrond (I think?) and it got destroyed?

Hmmmm...... no trouble my arse!

Delphi ;)