PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Vehicle Stuff

-FN-
07-12-05, 11:55
Just a few vehicle ideas I had...

= General =
Toggle-able Headlights - With 2.1, my screen and I believe many others, has become a great deal darker. Riding a vehicle at night can be very hazardous. Have you ever tried driving from Regant Fortress to Regant's Legacy on a Quad or Hover at night? It's brutal :lol: Please add headlights :)
Enter/Exit Vehicle Animations - Not sure who has played Planetside, but it's a large-scale FPS that is a TRUE FPS. All the vehicles there have an animation that plays when a player gets in and hour of a vehicle and you know what... it's f-ing awesome :D I'd love to see these in Neocron! And I would think that if it doesn't interfere with the high-speed FPS gameplay in Planetside, it would be fine in Neocron.

= Quad vs Hover =
Currently, there is no reason to drive the hover. The Quad has lower reqs, goes faster, and is better than the hover in just about every way. That's too bad because the Hover is a fine vehicle :( Not sure if the engine supports this, but if you made this change to the Hover, it would really make it worthwhile vehicle and worth having it around: Make the hovertech truly 'hover'! If the Hovertech worked on both land AND water - it would be the sexiest vehicle in-game and you'd see it around a lot more often!
Update Vehicle Models - Basically, see this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124760). The Quad/Combat Quad set graphical standards in 'model reusage'! Honestly, the NeXT Reveler and Chaincraft should look different as well :(

= WoC Intelligence Glider =
Gliders are sadly underused vehicles :( Have NEXT develop it's answer to the Dome's Glider. Unfortunately it is incredibly complicated to operate and requires 37 VHC skill as well as WOC INT+1. But it's benefit is it is like the NEXT Quad - you'll always have it, even if it blows up! We'll have flying Spies, PEs, and Monks populating the Skies :)

Sovellis
07-12-05, 12:25
= Quad vs Hover =
Currently, there is no reason to drive the hover. The Quad has lower reqs, goes faster, and is better than the hover in just about every way. That's too bad because the Hover is a fine vehicle :( Not sure if the engine supports this, but if you made this change to the Hover, it would really make it worthwhile vehicle and worth having it around: Make the hovertech truly 'hover'! If the Hovertech worked on both land AND water - it would be the sexiest vehicle in-game and you'd see it around a lot more often!
Update Vehicle Models - Basically, see this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124760). The Quad/Combat Quad set graphical standards in 'model reusage'! Honestly, the NeXT Reveler and Chaincraft should look different as well :(

I like the ideas for the hovercraft being able to go over water. Perhaps keep the hover and the quad at the same speeds, but enable the hover to travel over water. At least then it would be mnore balanced, having the Quad travel at greater speeds, and the hover being able to move over water making it a bit more multi-purpose.

Brammers
07-12-05, 12:37
= WoC Intelligence Glider =
Gliders are sadly underused vehicles :( Have NEXT develop it's answer to the Dome's Glider. Unfortunately it is incredibly complicated to operate and requires 37 VHC skill as well as WOC INT+1. But it's benefit is it is like the NEXT Quad - you'll always have it, even if it blows up! We'll have flying Spies, PEs, and Monks populating the Skies :)

Erm nope, you forget how damn hard it is for PE's and Monks to level INT to WOC level 1. Tanks can't even get INT WOC. (The thought of a tank having INT WOC sounds very scarey)

eLcHi
07-12-05, 12:47
I think getting Int-Woc on a PE is the most simple WoC a PE can get ... just go research, sit at an op and to the very hard faction missions all day long ...

Hell, my resser is at 300mil int-exp that`s insane ...

Dunno if the exp-gain is as good tho but why not ?

naimex
07-12-05, 13:35
Erm nope, you forget how damn hard it is for PE's and Monks to level INT to WOC level 1. Tanks can't even get INT WOC. (The thought of a tank having INT WOC sounds very scarey)

psi woc for tanks :D

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 14:08
i think every class shoudl get every woc =]
just er they should have to get the exp requiered for said woc lol

unreal
07-12-05, 14:26
WoC Int Glider would own although I wouldn't give it any high VHC requirement as it would be useless to dedicated pistol/rifle combat characters. I think the woc requirement is a requirement that justifies itself. :)

MaGn0lia
07-12-05, 14:54
Reakktor could learn alot from Planetside, and not just how vehicles are operated in general, but how they should differ comparing the NC vehicles and Doy (think comparision between New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty.)

Dribble Joy
07-12-05, 15:16
Dunno what version of NC FN is playing, the hover is WAY faster than the quad...

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 15:18
speedbike > all

CMaster
07-12-05, 15:35
PEs can't get Int WoC (and monks wont get it this lifetime - ok, Zhurk's APU has, but then he has WoC 5 psi...)

And yeah, hover is faster than quad - the quad just has better accelleration.