View Full Version : Remove Newb MC5?

sanityislost
07-12-05, 10:55
I really dont see the point in MC5 anymore

We have the Mr Jones which are great for getting new players into the feel of
the game!

The only thing i can see which need to be change are the Class Advisors, they
really need to be given scripts to help new players gain more info about there
class. Would be nice also if at the end of each Mr Jones mission, he tells you to
goto your faction HQ and speak to the CLass NPC could simply give 1000nc and
1k xp in the main skill.

SiL ..:..

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 16:13
Would be nice also if at the end of each Mr Jones mission, he tells you to goto your faction HQ and speak to the CLass NPC could simply give 1000nc and 1k xp in the main skill.

That's a great idea! KK need to be nicer to the newbies.

BlackDove
07-12-05, 16:17
Everyone already agreed through time that the whole area should be liquidated completely forever.

They decide to keep it in. For what reason, I do not know.

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 16:18
It serves no point whatsoever.

Besides, you can seriously powerlevel safely off those big guys in there.
Just remove the whole thing.

|R@zor|
07-12-05, 16:22
I actually think the Newbie MC5 area is quite a good idea but still needs a lot of work.

It's tied into the end of the Offline tutorial, where your shot by the StormBot's and wake up at MC5 having supposedly had your memory wiped.

The only real thing that annoys me about MC5 is that if you do the little mission to get the parts off the bots in the energy cores, the actual core's have the same rules as high level dungeons, meaning after you kill the 2 bots that are inside you have to exit and enter again for it to reset, i'm pretty sure that confuses a lot of newbies that stand around and wait for more to spawn, not knowing that they wont.

it's also pretty closely tied into the storyline, even the really old pre NC1 offline demo (beta 3 days) had a similar thing.

Ryen
07-12-05, 16:29
Edit: God damnit I thought I would have been alone :(

If Reakktor removes MC5 they remove a critcal part to both the game and the storyline.

MC5 player choices either show a great love for rezza, or a great opposition towards him. This is vital, since it either gives players a great reason to fight for him or agianst him.

Surprisingly, I actually found a lot of praise for MC5 in my recruitment thread on the SA forums, so while veterans might not like it, new players sure as hell do. It's a great oppertunity to see a quick overview of all the basics of the game without putting yourself in any great risk. Example : The androids, the crawlers, and the people who populate the area. The androids show that robots aren't exactly friends, the crawlers show just how mutated some species have become, and the Non-player characters show that you aren't welcome.

If I have one problem with MC5, it's the lack of quests. I would like to see atleast 3 or 4 quests that let you become better suited to the game enviroment. Maybe one that has you hired to kill one of the MC5 victims?

I guess I can be one of the only veterans that actually likes the MC5 area. It's a great way to situate newbies with the world they are now in (which, in all honesty, is a culture shock to most MMO veterans. When people say there is nothing like NC, they mean it. Neocron is (minus the skills and quests, and the whole killing things bit, a 180 degree turn from most other mmo's) completely different from any other massively muiltplayer game on the market. MC5 sums that up quite well while still providing an enjoyable newbie experiance.

-FN-
07-12-05, 20:38
Read the New Runner Forums. Noobs like MC5. None of you are new so none of you see it.

For Example... (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130353)

Dade Murphey
07-12-05, 20:45
I've always enjoyed newb mc5...it's a good way to get acquanted with the way the game works...get a feel for your character...and you even learn how to use a GR and gogo...plus if really repative things don't bother you in the slightest you can make decent money...the one thing that I think would make it better is if some sort live support people would be in there to help newbs more effeciently than npcs can/do

joran420
07-12-05, 20:48
I used to hang out alot in MC5 to help newbs....but really MC5 is pretty good most of the newbs figured it out on their own

sanityislost
07-12-05, 20:53
Must just be me then lol

Understand what your all saying, ive just always been the type to log in and scream "ONOZ MC5 RUN AWAY" :lol:

Zeninja
07-12-05, 21:02
Would be fun if you were able to go back MC5 in order to welcome noobs.

Atm it's just some kind of 'parallel zone' to the real mc5 area that noobs will discover weeks/months later.