PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED]Empty Apartment/Missing Items thread

Shia
07-12-05, 03:41
Ok in teh last hour the whole server has gone lagg crazy and ppl talking off there app being EMPTY , so i log on my alt and presto EVERYTHING is gone , all my cabs are EMTPY , My mc5 Imp cab , EMPTY , my mc5 TEch Cab EMTPY , my rare weapon cabs EMTPY , my tech cabs GONE and EMPTY , All my finishing gone , trophys gone ... the list goes on and on ok this seriously isnt funny , no one has access to my acc or app so there is no way all my stuff could of been cleared out by some 1 ...... so wtf is going on , atm im looking at 100's of mill worth of stuff just vanished

eprodigy
07-12-05, 03:41
if i missed a thread on this shoot me.

everyones apartments have been rest, including items in cabs gone.

great timing during this trial for a rollback ;)

edit: other post made while i was submitting i swear!

CMaster
07-12-05, 03:45
One of mine wasnt entirely empty (see attached). I think I will keep him and call him henry.

I don't think there is any need for a rollback though. When I loggedon in an appt, it still had cabs and suck - its just when zoning into one, it seems to load up the default appartment.

Mr Kot
07-12-05, 03:46
It's not just you.

I've been lagging like a bitch for the last hour or so. I heard about the apartment problem so i didnt dare take my good chars there with all their riches.

I repped my tradeskiller to his appt as he doesn't have much... and let's just say he has even less now.

All placed furniture is gone. Cabs gone, tables gone, chairs gone, even the gogo has gogone. All gone.

I logged for the night as i can't do anything right now.

It's probably something and nothing. Let's see what happens tomorrow before we all start getting steamed up about it.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 03:51
<- is happy he has been doing "RL" things for once.

Toxen
07-12-05, 03:54
Smells like a DB screw up and with the number of model fuckups in the other thread its like last year all over. Ladies and Gentlement please return your tray tables to their upright and locked positions Neocron is about to experience some turbulance.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 03:54
Shit.....

Brammers
07-12-05, 03:55
Yeah, Phoenix HQ Tech Haven is completely cleaned out, and one of the DoY apartments is empty.

Toxen
07-12-05, 03:55
Rollback Rollback Rollback

Shia
07-12-05, 04:04
as long as its all returned and fixed i will be a happy bunny , as for now i go sleep and hope by time i get home tomorrow and log on its all restored.

Tostino
07-12-05, 04:08
Oh well, shit happens. Lets hope they see that it is messed up soon and get to fixing it ;).

naimex
07-12-05, 04:22
all apartments, on both accounts empty.

doors wont open, citycom wont open, cabinets are reset, apartment is reset.

can open gr menu but havent tried gring out.

Ozzon
07-12-05, 04:22
I hope there won't be any rollback, that they can fix the apt database somehow or it means that KK just lost 5-7% on Terra. :(

Redburn
07-12-05, 04:25
They better fix it quick, and not this roll back to last week or so..... They should have a rolloing database backup going where you would only loss an hour or so of game time played

Toxen
07-12-05, 04:28
Well ladies and gentlemen and assurmen, its one year on since the last major server fritz and it appears to have happend again.

Lets review things

The first signs screwed up models in places aka the weird strippers.

Then appartments content's gettin deleted, alot of people have experienced this, along with major server lag, some havent been subject to this yet.

But I think we're at rollback level now, 39 tickets sitting in the que.

Victims present yourself.

Redburn
07-12-05, 04:28
help request were up 39 when I logged off.... all apartments are empty of contents

Drake6k
07-12-05, 04:36
I got 30 psi levels today.

naimex
07-12-05, 04:37
cmasters mutant is the thief!!

cmaster must have a lot of secret apartments where his mutant, notice he calls the mutant by FIRST NAME!!, stores all the stuff he steals...

"Henry" has indeed been busy, so many apartments and all over the world...

I am ashamed of you Cmaster, making mutants do your dirty deeds...

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 05:21
Well ladies and gentlemen and assurmen, its one year on since the last major server fritz and it appears to have happend again.

Lets review things

The first signs screwed up models in places aka the weird strippers.

Then appartments content's gettin deleted, alot of people have experienced this, along with major server lag, some havent been subject to this yet.

But I think we're at rollback level now, 39 tickets sitting in the que.

Victims present yourself.
I dont know wich to be more concered about, the fact theres a rollback
the fact you named me
or the fact Im not male or female

Am I like a sexy person who can have sex with themselves by clapping their legs together? that'd be leet

wargolem
07-12-05, 05:23
roll back anymore than a few hours people will quit. dont roll back people will quit..... good luck KK ur going to need it!

.hack//sign
07-12-05, 05:23
gimme a break,my tank still has no hair from the last rollback :(

Ninn
07-12-05, 05:24
LOM'd alot....I mean....alot

----

great way to make an impression on the returning vets on their free trial

Mikavelli
07-12-05, 05:32
So how far would this rollback be going?

Redburn
07-12-05, 05:34
Can we a chorus going here?? "Roll back the server, Roll back the server tonight"

Ninn
07-12-05, 05:34
a few hours a few days...a month...*cough* saturn...*cough*

Mikavelli
07-12-05, 05:37
They better fix it quick, and not this roll back to last week or so..... They should have a rolloing database backup going where you would only loss an hour or so of game time played
Aye, Most MMO's have that going, a "worldsave" if you will.

Hopefully KK has one popping every... hour? 2 hours?

D.J. Dreek
07-12-05, 05:47
My Vinyl Collection!!?

kurai
07-12-05, 05:53
great way to make an impression on the returning vets on their free trialIt's just a cunning psychological ploy to make us old vets feel like we've come home to the familiar Neocron environment, even with the Evo 2.1 changes ;)

wargolem
07-12-05, 05:53
Yeah, Phoenix HQ Tech Haven is completely cleaned out, and one of the DoY apartments is empty.

change ur siggy already bram :P

MkVenner
07-12-05, 06:54
gimme a break,my tank still has no hair from the last rollback :(

Same, well, ALL of my older chars are bald, tanks, spys and PEs lol

vashtyphoon78
07-12-05, 06:59
Well....if it rerolls back items...GOD DAMNIT I GOTTA TRADE MY TECH CABBYS AGAIN *curses rampantly* and Hey why the fuck didnt i get named too =( i wanna feel SPECIAL! durrr 8|

vashtyphoon78
07-12-05, 07:01
errr....*Cough* i might have done that one tbh...fear my 1337 buggness :p

(lol j/k) but my ENTIRE TH level3 app is cleaned, all my 5slot weps, all my techs, all my rares, and i didnt even dare look in my plaza level 3.

Toxen
07-12-05, 07:06
awwww, *give vashty an inflatable drom*

jini
07-12-05, 07:09
change ur siggy already bram :P
he now means, how many days to Rollback :lol:

vashtyphoon78
07-12-05, 07:47
DROM!!!!! im gonna call him BoB!!!!!

Anyways, last time imma check tonight...stuff is still gone...

mdares
07-12-05, 09:04
onos lost mah shite WUT TO DO! >_<

"Working as intended; move along nothing to see." - kk

^_^

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 09:11
This is turning into one big parody of a mmorpg.....

Dargeshaad
07-12-05, 09:16
This is turning into one big parody of a mmorpg.....
I thought it's been so for the last 3 years? O_o

:edit:
All the items I had in my cabs are gone too....good thing I keep all my good shit in my gogu, past experience has told me never to have it in cabs :lol: :lol:

Drake6k
07-12-05, 09:39
My plaza apartment (starter) is completely empty, no cabs or items.

Thats 5 slot rares and everything.

Raikonnen
07-12-05, 09:46
Haha, If you think this is bad, you should have been around Planetside when SOE screwed it up with a ton of bad patches.

At least this company 'seems' to care, with addons, patches etc. SOE just adds shit the playerbase REALLY doesnt want. Like BFR's.

Sovellis
07-12-05, 09:46
I havent been hit by the issues, and even if I had, I doubt it would of mattered seeing ive got shit all in my apartment. But I do feel for all those who have lost belongings, and all those who may loose more as a result of the impending rollback. A rollback is coming, lets wait for the devs to get in the office.

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 09:49
mmmm my compleat set of heavt n meele rares on my tank are... in my gogo

my compleat set of modules on my monk are... in my gogo

all my pistols on my spy are.... in my gogo

gogo's FTW. im gona log on now and check the damage

unreal
07-12-05, 09:55
If I lose my 5 slot baretta and 5 slot ak47 I really am going to be pissed off. Not to mention I just built a shit load of spells for my new monk character (yes, a monk *sigh*, might as well join the overpowered class once more) along with getting a gaya glove/DS out of my stash. I moved _everything_ from my old tank to my tradeskiller, thank fuck I didn't completely delete him yet. I'm not too sure if rollbacks would restore deleted characters (although they should do, but this is Reakktor after all, logic isn't one of their attributes).

joran420
07-12-05, 10:00
everyone should relax till we hear from kk

take the night and just go PvP or go get drunk...or both

or RL PK or someshit

Drake6k
07-12-05, 10:03
The genrep in my apartment wont work. I'm anticity and its still in plaza3 (I cant go down stairs to leave)

my only other alt has -45 sl (stupid new system) and cant leave his apartment.

So yeah I cant even play Neocron AT ALL thanks KK.

joran420
07-12-05, 10:05
its pretty easy to get better SL...

[edit] wow that was OT...sorry

RogerRamjet
07-12-05, 10:14
Is this problem only on terra ^^

|R@zor|
07-12-05, 11:06
Is this problem only on terra ^^

Apparently so, at least the only people who are on the forums talking about it are on terra.

My PE has nothing at all in his cabinets, lost a JUDGE, WYATT and a couple of Liberators, and also a couple of cabinets full of un-ressed tech-parts, i had to kill_self to get him out of his appartment.

My tank has all his weapons in his gogu so there wont be much lost in his cabinet, but i cant check because he's stuck in his appartment lobby, door into the app does'nt work and either does the lift.

Apparently some people are finding mutants in there appartments, and also in HackNet believe it or not.

Liebestoter
07-12-05, 11:10
Hundreds of rares. Fix it now. Thanks.

Raikonnen
07-12-05, 11:19
whats the command for killing yourself?

|R@zor|
07-12-05, 11:21
it's /set kill_self 1 :)

Spermy
07-12-05, 11:23
But I just set up the new clan rare appt...

Do you know how long that took?

*Shakes Asurmen*

DO YOU KNOW?!

Oh - and the effort spent collecting the parts, fannying around getting them sorted?

*cries*

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 11:30
It hardly needs to be said but this is under investigation. More details as and when.

N

Raikonnen
07-12-05, 11:36
Just had my support ticket answered, they know apartments are bugged, and storages are buggered, they are working on it, hopefully get a fix soon :)

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 11:36
Since NC runs on a database, and we have all these weird things happening with mutants, corrupt models and missing stuff.....
I realy realy doubt this will be fixed with correcting by just restoring a few tables.
This definitely won't be a stitch and patch job, it's going to need the "evil" thing to fix.

"tick... tack...tick...tack..."

I honestly do feel bad for the guys working at KK. The whole fuckup with all the bugs and badly thought out stuff with evo 2.1 has nothing to do with this. It's most likely just very bad luck that their database got broken. If it had anything to do with something they implemented all the servers would suffer.

Don't level or hunt today, just go on a wild wild pking spree and take lots of screenies of the weird stuff you see.

Maybe the neocronicle and votr can make a story about it, how HIOB hacked into the doorcontrols, let thieves steal all the contents of appartements and how replication data was corupted...

Agent L
07-12-05, 11:52
I hope for rollback asap.
Will reactivate RealLife shortly in the meantime...

Spermy
07-12-05, 11:56
Just had my support ticket answered, they know apartments are bugged, and storages are buggered, they are working on it, hopefully get a fix soon :)

Phew - I was trying to perform microsurgery on my door with a speedie. I just wanna see if the rares are alright!

Sovellis
07-12-05, 12:18
Since NC runs on a database, and we have all these weird things happening with mutants, corrupt models and missing stuff.....
I realy realy doubt this will be fixed with correcting by just restoring a few tables.
This definitely won't be a stitch and patch job, it's going to need the "evil" thing to fix.

"tick... tack...tick...tack..."

I honestly do feel bad for the guys working at KK. The whole fuckup with all the bugs and badly thought out stuff with evo 2.1 has nothing to do with this. It's most likely just very bad luck that their database got broken. If it had anything to do with something they implemented all the servers would suffer.

Don't level or hunt today, just go on a wild wild pking spree and take lots of screenies of the weird stuff you see.

Maybe the neocronicle and votr can make a story about it, how HIOB hacked into the doorcontrols, let thieves steal all the contents of appartements and how replication data was corupted...

Couldnt agree more, this does seem like a spout of bad luck, but nothing can be done about it. The old phrase 'shit happens' really comes into play here.

FarSight
07-12-05, 12:23
I'm lucky my lift works !

but only lift doors to app didnt :D

Spermy
07-12-05, 12:34
Hrrm all manner of things wrong - i recently tracked down my other accounts through Gmail. I got to log on and they have nothing! even though I KNOW i left them with at least a weapon and Imps. The only one who has owt is my droner - who has his SRI in and about 80 Milky rens. Better Milky rens :p

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 12:36
well... im asuming the server side patch where they spawned the PRO preresentatives and apartments did it

Brammers
07-12-05, 12:38
well... im asuming the server side patch where they spawned the PRO preresentatives and apartments did it

Doubt it, a few of us talked to the PRO-reps on Saturday.

unreal
07-12-05, 12:38
The old phrase 'shit happens' really comes into play here.Shit happens, my arse. Employ people with actual programming experience and common sense please Reakktor.

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 12:43
If you refer to the patches.... well... i'll hold my silence there, we've all seen what they did.

As for the database corruption, it's not their fault. Setting up a database that constantly crashes even when it's new is a different story, but this is probably a glitch.

The thing to watch out for is how they handle this.

Shia
07-12-05, 13:01
anything restored yet ? all sorted ? i havent logged on yet so i dont know what app is looking like.

Spermy
07-12-05, 13:15
anything restored yet ? all sorted ? i havent logged on yet so i dont know what app is looking like.

A long ticket queue - apartments still empty - some runners unbale to access gogo in appt/ citycom in appt. apartment doors/lift terms sometimes bugged.

Varuies from character to character.

On my accounts - some doors are bugged on phayse whereas my monk can't get outta her old clanny - door is off - and she can't work the liift.

Shia
07-12-05, 13:21
yea , just logged on , tryed entering app when i click the door button opens up like a container with a Armor part 2/3 and a sol chem . saw 57 tickets in the help que (didnt even bother makeing one) so i guess is still borked :(

xyl_az
07-12-05, 13:25
is it only terra or all other servers as well?

SorkZmok
07-12-05, 13:32
Now that's some fucked up shit. Let's see if KK can handle this properly, because if they can't, most people on the comeback are prolly gone again. o_O

Bleh, Kapow stuck in his apt now, everything tells me "You are too far away to reach that."

Spermy
07-12-05, 13:40
Update - Certain doors Don't work with certain characters

Evrae went in DoY storage 9 - couldn't get back out.

Phayse could.

Seperate accounts on seperate machines if it helps

Shia
07-12-05, 14:04
The whole server seems like its falling apart , i logged a dif char to try do something and got stuck in a sync and couldnt get out , seems to be mutants in hacknet killing all the hacknet mobs and so on :S . oh well cba to log on till this is all sorted .

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 14:11
its the grass i tell you. teh grass and the mutants

the mutants broke the fabric of hacknet destorying the world... and it was all posible because the extra grass

yep yep

unreal
07-12-05, 14:16
Woohoo, the server is going down. Let's hope it's sorted and that I haven't lost my 5 slot Regants Legacy rewards let alone the nice spells I built for my new monk. :mad:

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 14:32
Semms like they are going with the stitch and patch job anyway.
Now this is where you keep your fingers crossed the next two weeks.....

retr0n
07-12-05, 14:33
Wonder how long it's going to be offline...

Brammers
07-12-05, 14:34
See http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1914062

They are rolling back the whole server or just apartments?

retr0n
07-12-05, 14:35
See http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1914062

They are rolling back the whole server or just apartments?

Seems like only apps.

mdares
07-12-05, 14:36
apts getting rolled back to 6 am of 12/6 (GMT+1)

if the past is any indication then they might ONLY rollback the apts and not the characters or the gogo... (talkin about saturn before the BIG rollback).

this is good for most.. but wut if like for me i just bought an appy and blew 5 mil on it... so i guess im shite outta luck and get 100k from kk? =p

oh well life goes on.

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 14:37
Just appartements it seems.
Which is odd, since there's broken doors and mutants in hacknet....

Good for people who just sold something realy nice from their appartement cabinets yesterday.
Bad for people who bought something and put it in their cabinets....

unreal
07-12-05, 14:37
Bollocks. I think I'll still have my 5 slot regants pistol and rifle. Not too much damage done at least. I'm glad Reakktor back up the databases a LOT more often than they did during nc2 beta last year. The rollbacks were more than a few days at a time back then, was proper annoying.

retr0n
07-12-05, 14:44
Servers are up, seems it went smoothly, I have my contents back it seems.

Spermy
07-12-05, 14:45
Not bad at all really - just need to redo the rares apartment. which was an absolute cunt.

kurai
07-12-05, 14:50
*sigh*

Sod's law strikes again.
Take three guesses - which spy, called Kurai, tidied up his GoGu and dumped stuff into his cabs at 5am yesterday ?

I don't suppose the often promised Item Tracking exists yet by any faint chance ?

</ludicrously optimistic mode>

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 14:57
It's just apartments. Yes that means there's a chance of dupes but a good while ago now we decided that customer inconvenience outweighed the risks of dupes so in the rare event that we have to do something like this we try to minimise the impact. We therefore take multiple separate backups of various critical data stores on a regular basis.

N

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 14:57
It's just apartments. Yes that means there's a chance of dupes but a good while ago now we decided that customer inconvenience outweighed the risks of dupes so in the rare event that we have to do something like this we try to minimise the impact. We therefore take multiple separate backups of various critical data stores on a regular basis.

N
Wow, thats acually cool

nobody2004
07-12-05, 15:00

N

Good move again.

Shakey The Pimp
07-12-05, 15:01
Agreed im impressed that we didnt suffer a full rollback!

Its nice to see that KK are doing a better job of backups :)

giga191
07-12-05, 15:04
damn KK, if they had done a full rollback then i would have had my 4 slot shelter that i lost in a belt ;)

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 15:04
It's a very nice way to go.

Now go and fix the reload, soullight, regants etc and everyone is happy.

neai
07-12-05, 15:06
It's just apartments.
Very good move!

Brammers
07-12-05, 15:06

N
Thats good overall, but not so good for the people who shelled out money for a new apartment.

The only thing that spings to my mind is the rare parts I gave to the keyholder of the rare parts storage. Six or so parts I think, the fun part will be working out which 6 parts was stuck into the rares DB.

Spermy
07-12-05, 15:26
Thats good overall, but not so good for the people who shelled out money for a new apartment.

The only thing that spings to my mind is the rare parts I gave to the keyholder of the rare parts storage. Six or so parts I think, the fun part will be working out which 6 parts was stuck into the rares DB.

Welcome to my headache.

mdares
07-12-05, 15:33

yup that would be me... 4 mil down the drain and a petition in the process... probably get 100k back tops =(

Spermy
07-12-05, 15:47
I got to keep my key for the appt - the only loss was to our clan bank to the tune of 1.2 mil.

SorkZmok
07-12-05, 15:58

NI'm impressed. :)

Vampire222
07-12-05, 16:13
Omg, Nidhogg... does that mean kk has changed course?

Ryen
07-12-05, 16:15
One of my friends told me there were mutants in the hacknet and it's impossible to damage them.

Confirm/Deny?

Nananine
07-12-05, 16:31
Deny on account that you have no friends, brah

Spermy
07-12-05, 16:32
OOOoooOOooOOOoooh!

DISS! :D

Vampire222
07-12-05, 16:36
roll back to yesterday + 50% faster lvling for a week + 200% more cashgain for a week is my idea of a fix for this...

Spermy
07-12-05, 16:38
roll back to yesterday + 50% faster lvling for a week + 200% more cashgain for a week is my idea of a fix for this...

Your idea sucks dude.

A weeks faster levelling? Why? A days work would be a days work on any scale.

Same for cash.

O_o

Nananine
07-12-05, 16:43
Fix what? Most people barely lost anything.

Spermy
07-12-05, 16:55
Apparently he capped yesterday and bought a fully furnished appt :p

Vampire222
07-12-05, 17:04
what sucks about it, only way to guarantee everyone has everyone they re supposed to have, and compensate for lost leveltime/items bought today...

CMaster
07-12-05, 17:08
They only rolled back appartment, so no lost leveling time. Lost items? possible, but other gained...

Riddle
07-12-05, 17:19
Gutted :( :mad:

I had a major overhaul of my apartments last night bought some new ones and moved stuff i have had in gogo for ages shit....

*Awaits logon to see what damage is done

extant
07-12-05, 17:44
Good thing a group of us logged off to play dod instead of set ourselves up for misery for a reroll =)

joran420
07-12-05, 18:38
Good thing a group of us logged off to play dod instead of set ourselves up for misery for a reroll =)
maybe you missed the part that said ONLY APARTMENTS would be rolled back...

extant
08-12-05, 01:46
Maybe you miss the part where every runner starts with an apartment and like most people I have a few of them keep all my shit in them, and use them daily. That and I trade skill alot so all my leveling would have been in vein.

joran420
08-12-05, 01:56
well...
They did the best they could to affect as few as possible players as possible...afaik Its been over a year since they had to do anything like this

sometimes shit happens
Deal with it