PDA

View Full Version : Too many trees

cRazy-
06-12-05, 22:22
I know tree's look pretty etc but i think theres a bit too many. This is meant to be a toxic wasteland hundreds of years into the future so it doesnt make much sense to have so many healthy trees growing.

The main problem i have with it, alongside killing my frames per second is when im trying to drive. Some may know when your on a very uneven surface driving your vehicle may slide down hills, unfortunatly theres usually a tree at the bottom, crazy hits tree, crazy stops dead.

Its also not very nice when im on my crappy blue bike driving for my life through doy bots and cyborgs and i end up miscalculating the turn by just a tiny bit and slamming into the edge of the tree to a dead stop where i get killed. I enjoy speed, sometimes its nice to drive at max speed through sectors but when theres a tree in your way every 20 foot its VERY annoying.

Toxen
06-12-05, 22:41
True tree's can be anoying but in a firefight they can save ur life, and also by your reasoning there shouldn't be any creatures around to kill off to gain xp :P plus considering you breath oxygen you kinda need those tree's :P

Spermy
06-12-05, 22:43
Aw, now yer just getting technical :p Half the trees do not provide cover as projectiles will pass through them - then you have some which seem to at least stop some provided they go through the center of the tree, then you have actual trees.

Issues abound.

LiL T
06-12-05, 22:44
Thats why we need first person view on vehicals, tbh first person view would rock on vehicals, maybe then the race track would be easyer to drive around heh

-FN-
06-12-05, 23:36
I know tree's look pretty etc but i think theres a bit too many. This is meant to be a toxic wasteland hundreds of years into the future so it doesnt make much sense to have so many healthy trees growing.
I think what you're really trying to say is... you want mutant tree mobs like the trees in Lord of the Rings or that pissed off tree in Harry Potter ;) Imagine some mission where you have to go search a box that's at the foot of a tree the size of the Nightmare that does the highest Force/Pierce damage in the game :D The zone north of Gravis has a toxic dump in some trees - I think that'd be a good place for mutant trees.

cRazy-
07-12-05, 00:53
walking tree's would be acceptable yes.

I remember a while ago in neocron 1 i was driving my reveler and when i zoned i bugged and appeared back in first person view inside my vehicle looking through the windscreen. the windscreen wasnt really designed to be looked through but it was still awesome.

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 02:16
cRazy, learn to drive. At least *some* skill is required for driving now.

cRazy-
07-12-05, 03:27
But its beyond rediculous, and when your sliding sideways down hills it really doesnt make a difference.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 03:54
*implements buggy crashing system*

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 16:17
But its beyond rediculous, and when your sliding sideways down hills it really doesnt make a difference.
Then don't slide down hills. Take another route.

cRazy, driving requires *some* skill now. If cRazy being not very good at something was an excuse to remove given thing, then KK would have removed PVP a long time ago.

Bugs Gunny
07-12-05, 16:27
Roads do make sense now, at least when there's no trees growing right in the midle of them :-)

cRazy-
07-12-05, 19:19
Im not gonna argue, i just dont like tree's, a few of them creates a better enviroment but theres too many, its annoying and uses resources, whats the point?

PsionicBuddha
07-12-05, 19:48
Im not gonna argue, i just dont like tree's, a few of them creates a better enviroment but theres too many, its annoying and uses resources, whats the point?
http://www.tgr.com/weblog/images/articles/ultima-2-eur.gif

I dunno. Lets remove all graphics then.

EDIT: I can see Military Base in that image. And a Warbot.

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 19:52
i wonder if we can get another thread closed if i say i want to wave asurmen's wand around =]

and the trees are great to hide behind