PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 3 fav Films Of All Time

Shia
06-12-05, 16:58
Ok so last night i was watching movies on sky and got me thinking , what would be my top 3 movies of all time. Was hard to think what they would be as i have seen so many films in my time . So i thought i would start a thread and get you guys/girls to post your fav's to (maybe there is some i aint seen that could be worth seeing).

Ok one or two rules , Trilogys count as 1 cause some people might like all the starwars etc (Like me ^_^). They can be of any genre / nationality , please no racist films (like romper stomper) cause i dont want people to start flaming and argueing and getting the thread closed. Also after each of your selections add a little info as to why you rate/like it . :)

Ok i will start.

No#1 : Matrix Trilogy - For me these were master peices i rember the 1st time i saw matrix i was blown away by it and have watched them all many times since.Still to this day when i watch matrix revoltions the end sceen when that kid runs screeming "ZION ITS OVER THE WAR IS OVER" it still sends shivers down my spine.

No#2 : Star Wars - Damm these films i still rember going to see the 1st(4th) one when i was a kid with my dad and becoming totaly imersed in it and the thought of there being a world like that just blew me away. Yea there might be one of them that was shite but the rest are just plain awsome for me . Also the fact that recently i took my dvds down to my nephew and he watched them (he only 4) now all he wants is jedi this jedi that, i think its great after all this time it still appeals to young and old.

No#3 : Charlie And The Choclate Factory (Old version) - Well this film just makes me feel like a kid again and no matter how many times i watch it i still love it .(ive even requested that my gf gets me it on dvd for xmas being the big kid i am :P) .

/edit PS : Devs/Mods you guys are most welcome to post your fav's to :) wouldnt want u guys to feel left out.

DarkPhoenix
06-12-05, 17:01
EDIT: eh later, in class

sanityislost
06-12-05, 17:01
1: My neighbour totoro.....has a catbus...nuff said :)

2: A man called hero.....the fights are sexy!!

3: OldBoy.....that fight in the corridor is jizz worthy!

SiL ..:..

Ryen
06-12-05, 17:02
1. Fear and Loathing in las vegas
2. Blade Runner
3. Sin City

.Cyl0n
06-12-05, 17:07
Pulp Fiction,Goodfellas,The Godfather

lots of others who are nearly there imo

BlackDove
06-12-05, 17:16
The Usual Suspects

Final Fantasy Advent Children + Last Order (coupled with the game naturally, nice little leeway for my choice)

Blade Runner

...I think anyway.

Shia dude though - ehh. Matrix was an abomination and atrocity to human thought. Star Wars was ruined by the 3 latest sequels. Willy Wonka is for... kids O.o

How old are you by the way?

Bugs Gunny
06-12-05, 17:25
Porkies 1,2 & 3 .......

SorkZmok
06-12-05, 17:51
#1 Blues Brothers
It's the first movie i can remember watching. And i've been watching it nearly every day since i was 4 or so. Prolly seen it several hundred times, i can pretty much perform that complete movie. And i still love it. :)

#2 Airheads
Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler and Brendan Fraser in one amazingly stupid movie. Not to mention Lemmy from Motorhead!
"Who's better? Lemmy or god?"
"Uhm, god? No wait, Lemmy!"
"Aaaaah, trick question! Lemmy IS god!"
:lol:

For the rest i could not make up a list, there's way too many good movies i love.
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Romero movies, Usual Suspects, Fear and loathing, Spun, Confessions of a dangerous mind, Donnie Darko, Secretary, Clerks and all those, Almost famous, every Christina Ricci movie, and lots and lots more i just can't think of right now.

/edit
What cyl0n says, how could i forget to mention those!

Spermy
06-12-05, 17:55
1) Passion of the christ

2) Fight club

3) I haven't found one yet.

ZoVoS
06-12-05, 17:56
godfather part 2

pulp fiction

back to the future (havent decided which

Shia
06-12-05, 18:22
The Usual Suspects

Final Fantasy Advent Children + Last Order (coupled with the game naturally, nice little leeway for my choice)

Blade Runner

...I think anyway.

Shia dude though - ehh. Matrix was an abomination and atrocity to human thought. Star Wars was ruined by the 3 latest sequels. Willy Wonka is for... kids O.o

How old are you by the way?

for one i liked Starwars and yes i know one or 2 were shit , and if u read what i said about willywonka i said reminds me of when i was a kid , does it matter how old i am ? no it doesnt , if i like a film I LIKE IT simple im not asking you to like it am i ?. what about u likeing films based of a game that are for "kids" eh ? all i asked is ppl state the films they like , just cause i dont like the SAME shit u like doesnt mean anything , stay on topic ffs.

ROZZER187
06-12-05, 18:26
gotta be

scarface, platoon and dog soldiers :D

btw sex @ spermy

Dribble Joy
06-12-05, 18:27
Fight club, The italian job, Gumball 3000 (2003).

LTA
06-12-05, 18:48
Hard Boiled

Training Day
Fight Club

Shia
06-12-05, 18:51
Ok so last night i was watching movies on sky and got me thinking , what would be my top 3 movies of all time. Was hard to think what they would be as i have seen so many films in my time . So i thought i would start a thread and get you guys/girls to post your fav's to (maybe there is some i aint seen that could be worth seeing).

Ok one or two rules , Trilogys count as 1 cause some people might like all the starwars etc (Like me ^_^). They can be of any genre / nationality , please no racist films (like romper stomper) cause i dont want people to start flaming and argueing and getting the thread closed. Also after each of your selections add a little info as to why you rate/like it . :)

Ok i will start.

No#1 : Matrix Trilogy - For me these were master peices i rember the 1st time i saw matrix i was blown away by it and have watched them all many times since.Still to this day when i watch matrix revoltions the end sceen when that kid runs screeming "ZION ITS OVER THE WAR IS OVER" it still sends shivers down my spine.

No#2 : Star Wars - Damm these films i still rember going to see the 1st(4th) one when i was a kid with my dad and becoming totaly imersed in it and the thought of there being a world like that just blew me away. Yea there might be one of them that was shite but the rest are just plain awsome for me . Also the fact that recently i took my dvds down to my nephew and he watched them (he only 4) now all he wants is jedi this jedi that, i think its great after all this time it still appeals to young and old.

No#3 : Charlie And The Choclate Factory (Old version) - Well this film just makes me feel like a kid again and no matter how many times i watch it i still love it .(ive even requested that my gf gets me it on dvd for xmas being the big kid i am :P) .

/edit PS : Devs/Mods you guys are most welcome to post your fav's to :) wouldnt want u guys to feel left out.

OK editing my list (i would edit it but cant seem to do so ) :S as i had totaly forgot about a film that has been metioned (cant belive i didnt think of it in the 1st place)

No#1 Matrix triolgy
No#2 Starwars
No#3 Fightclub - all i can say is damm what a film

/ps and no im not changeing cause of blackdove

Spermy
06-12-05, 18:56
btw sex @ spermy

Platoon #3 - cheers roz.

Where've you been hiding ye shitebag? :D

Vampire222
06-12-05, 19:06
Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, and Bladerunner.

BlackDove
06-12-05, 19:12
for one i liked Starwars and yes i know one or 2 were shit , and if u read what i said about willywonka i said reminds me of when i was a kid , does it matter how old i am ? no it doesnt , if i like a film I LIKE IT simple im not asking you to like it am i ?. what about u likeing films based of a game that are for "kids" eh ? all i asked is ppl state the films they like , just cause i dont like the SAME shit u like doesnt mean anything , stay on topic ffs.

Three StarWars movies were shit, and I know what you wrote about Willy Wonka, but as I said, the movie's for kids. Also, the only semi-good Matrix movie was the 1999 one, which was ripped off from a woman that won the lawsuit in favor of XX million dollars. However even if the movie was good in 1999, today it isn't noteworthy, mostly because its the two sequels were utter abomination due to the fact that they weren't ripped off or shall we say plagiarised from someone.

As far as my choices go, you'll note that Final Fantasy is anything but "for kids". It's aimed at a more adult audience, or let's break it, more or less core fans, even if not fully.

I also didn't ask for you to like what I like. I was pointing out that your selection is widely recieved as "pure shit", while you rate it in your "top x". It was more of a comment than a discussion or an insult as you so took it.

You might want to reflect upon that. Oh and, I'm very much on topic.

Shia
06-12-05, 19:20
no just cause you dont like them means every 1 else shouldnt ? i dont like the films u posted but u dont see me saying shit like how can u like that blah blah blah , The title of the post doesnt say RATE MY FAV FILMS , so fucking what if i like them , what the fuck does it matter to you , I LIEK THEM not you so move on , just post what u like and be gone from this thread , your trolling is not welcome

Ozzon
06-12-05, 19:23
Bladerunner, Heat, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Spermy
06-12-05, 19:25
no just cause you dont like them means every 1 else shouldnt ?

It was a viewpoint - for what it's worth the matrix tril IS pretty shit ;) but thats my opinion - like it if you want :) yer just tasteless. :p

i dont like the films u posted but u dont see me saying shit like how can u like that blah blah blah , The title of the post doesnt say RATE MY FAV FILMS , so fucking what if i like them , what the fuck does it matter to you , I LIEK THEM not you so move on , just post what u like and be gone from this thread , your trolling is not welcome

Dude - if you want to express an opinion be prepared for people to disagree with it and offer thiers.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

I liked the soundtrack to the original - Brian Eno=win U2=win. :p

Shia
06-12-05, 19:27
not the way he is stateing it , he's going on like "well i dont like them so YOU shouldnt"

Also serious read the 1st part of my 1st post and title , All i wanna know is what 3 films u ppl like , i said i didnt want ppl to start flaming and shit , so what if i like what ever and you like what ever NOT everybody is the same............

Mystic-Crusader
06-12-05, 19:32
Dog Soliders, underworld (hopefully the second one too), blade trilogy.

Hmm vampires and werewolfs.. well that says just about everything about me.. ;)

Spermy
06-12-05, 19:33
underworld

Fuck yeah - Underworld soundtrack - skinny puppy - optimissed. WOOOO!

MkVenner
06-12-05, 19:34
Aww only 3? I can never decide on top 10 let alone 3 lol

At a push Pulp Fiction, Scarface and Enter the Dragon

Although Scarface and Enter the Dragon could quite easily be substituted for Godfather, Serpico, 1984, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Brazil, The Third Man, Pat Garrett and Billy the kid, Pale Rider, The longest day, Touch of Evil, Goodfellas, Bladerunner, Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, Dogma or Dr. Strangelove, depending on which I've watched last :p

Spermy
06-12-05, 19:50
Aww only 3? I can never decide on top 10 let alone 3 lol

At a push Pulp Fiction, Scarface and Enter the Dragon

Although Scarface and Enter the Dragon could quite easily be substituted for Godfather, Serpico, 1984, Brazil, The Third Man, Pat Garrett and Billy the kid, Pale Rider, The longest day, Touch of Evil, Goodfellas, Bladerunner, Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, Dogma or Dr. Strangelove, depending on which I've watched last :p

The longest day is pretty good.

I thought Blow was pretty good too while we're on about being naughty.

Zeninja
06-12-05, 19:57
First 3 to come in mind :

* Apocalypse Now (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/) (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)
* Aliens (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/) (James Cameron, 1986)
* Leon - The professional (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/) (Luc Besson, 1994)

Although this list would probably be different if you asked yesterday or tomorrow. You just can't choose decently 3 movies among the hundreds you've seen in your whole life... :wtf:

Vae Victis
06-12-05, 20:00
1. Fear and Loathing in las vegasaint that the movie with Johnny Depp in it, stoned as a mfer?

1 roadtrip
2 Jay and Silent Bob (win win)
3 wedding crashers

MkVenner
06-12-05, 20:01
First 3 to come in mind :

* Apocalypse Now (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/) (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)
* Aliens (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/) (James Cameron, 1986)
* Leon - The professional (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/) (Luc Besson, 1994)

Although this list would probably be different if you asked yesterday or tomorrow. You just can't choose decently 3 movies among the hundreds you've seen in your whole life... :wtf:

Yeah, at some times Leon or Apocolypse now have been my number 1 film, like I said, it depends on which one's I watched the most recent, althogh Pulp Fiction 99% of the time occupies no1...

aint that the movie with Johnny Depp in it, stoned as a mfer?

Yes, and Benico Del Toro, Toby Maguire and a few other famous people.

xyl_az
06-12-05, 20:18
1. The Cabinet of dr Caligari, F.W. Murnau (1922)
2. Nosferatu, Phantom der Nacht, W. Herzog (1979)
3. Heart of Darkness, N. Roeg (1994)

Dracula (F.F. Coppola), Steppenwolf (F. Haines), Blade Runner (R. Scott) and Andalusian Dog (L. Bunuel) were pretty close though.

BlackDove
06-12-05, 20:54
no just cause you dont like them means every 1 else shouldnt ? i dont like the films u posted but u dont see me saying shit like how can u like that blah blah blah , The title of the post doesnt say RATE MY FAV FILMS , so fucking what if i like them , what the fuck does it matter to you , I LIEK THEM not you so move on , just post what u like and be gone from this thread , your trolling is not welcome

Again you seem to have missed my point, but it is indeed sad that you aren't able to comprehend a constructive train of thought. Also it would appear that you are gramatically handicapped so I won't push the issue but rather just take pity on you.

Good luck :)

CMaster
06-12-05, 20:58
Donnie Darko
Hardboiled
The Matrix (not whole trilogy/extended universe though)

Odin
06-12-05, 21:23
1 - Jersey Series (heh cheesy way to slide Kevin Smith right in there)
2 - The 5th Element
3 - Toss up between Saw and Sin City and Usual Suspects

No need for arguing in this thread. People have the right to like their own movies without the usual movie critic attitude.

Vae Victis
06-12-05, 22:11
SaW.. theres one fucked up movie :D
loved it.
heard rumors they were making SaW 2.. this correct ?

MkVenner
06-12-05, 22:12
SaW.. theres one fucked up movie :D
loved it.

It's already out, seen it, pretty good, but the Saw films are the kinda films you can only watch once, once you know the twists they suck.

Vae Victis
06-12-05, 22:16
It's already out, seen it, pretty good, but the Saw films are the kinda films you can only watch once, once you know the twists they suck.pff not here in holland, although I think I saw a SaW box with a hand on it, not the foot (foot = part 1)

fschepper
06-12-05, 22:20
Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulin
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
(The Cell)

Spermy
06-12-05, 22:49
1 - Jersey Series (heh cheesy way to slide Kevin Smith right in there)
2 - The 5th Element

Chasing amy was awful - Clerks was good, in a different sorta way - Jay and SB - ace - Mallrats - good. Dogma being the last? or unrelated?

Heh - wasn't it you who went to see him?

BlackDove
06-12-05, 22:53
2 - The 5th Element

MULTIPASS!!!!!

*cough*

MkVenner
07-12-05, 00:01
Chasing amy was awful - Clerks was good, in a different sorta way - Jay and SB - ace - Mallrats - good. Dogma being the last? or unrelated?

Dogma was the best...and aint there another one, Jersey Girl or something...

FarSight
07-12-05, 00:25
1. Underground (Kusturica) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114787/) (link to imdb because prolly its not well known movie but get Golden Palm @ Cannes Film Fest @ 1995.)
2. Apocalypse Now (Coppola)
3. Heat (Mann)

retr0n
07-12-05, 00:35
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
Donnie Darko
Scarface
Matrix (only first movie, the others can lick balls)
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barells
Snatch
Full Metal Jacket
Natrual Born Killers
The Godfather
Once upon a time in America
Kill Bill
Fight Club
Donnie Brasco
Carlito's Way
Scent of a Woman

Just to name a few of the top of my head. I hate having to chose like top 3
or "omg what's your favorite!" because there is no, I love them all :)

[edit]
Omg, can't believe I forgot Underground. Also check out his other work such
as Black Cat White Cat etc. Great stuff.

vashtyphoon78
07-12-05, 03:36
1) Demolition man (SEXXEH GUNSZ0RZ)
2) Demolition man (SEXXEH GUNSZ0RZ)
3) Demolition man (SEXXEH GUNSZ0RZ)

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 03:55
Das boot
Blade Runner
Water World

ArmandeHammer
07-12-05, 03:56
I can't pick just 3 either so in no particular order.....

Underworld
Blade trilogy
Matrix trilogy
Man on Fire
GITS 1&2
We Were Soldiers
Starship Troopers (lol)
5th Element (Chickaaan Guuud)
A Man Apart
Walk the Line
The Transporter 1&2
The Abyss
The Jacket
Blade Runner

Theres others but these I can watch over and over again.

Drake6k
07-12-05, 04:05
1. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
2. 5th Element
3. Bladerunner

A few Extras: Mad max, Escape from Newyork/LA, Falling Down, Ghost in the Shell, Office space

Falen
07-12-05, 11:37
1. Alice in wonderland

2. Nightmare before christmas

3. Blade runner / Natural born killers

Saiboku
07-12-05, 11:39
Equilibrium
American History X
Fight Club

Spermy
07-12-05, 11:58
Dogma was the best...and aint there another one, Jersey Girl or something...

There we go. Never seen jersey girl.

Logan Tyrus
07-12-05, 12:17
There we go. Never seen jersey girl.

its not part of the askewniverse - it was Smith trying a more serious film. Unfortunately he cast J-lo with Ben Affleck so it wasnt well recieved.

And Dogma comes before Jay and Silent Bob Strike back :)

I hear he wants to do Clerks 2 now... not sure what to think of that!

And I loved all the Matrix movies, had to have a drink to steady my nerves after Revolutions. Best cinema experience ever. The new game is pretty funny too, especially the ending!

xyl_az
07-12-05, 12:25
oh dear, looking at all those answers... i feel old :(

unreal
07-12-05, 12:30
1) The Shawshank Redemption
2) Crocodile Dundee
3) The Matrix

suler
07-12-05, 12:37
1.Goodfellas
2.The Killer
3.A Better Tomorrow

Spermy
07-12-05, 13:01
oh dear, looking at all those answers... i feel old :(

Its alright - I also find Goodbye! Lenin! Quite enjoyable.

And fiddler on the roof.

LEV YASHIN FOR THE WIN!

By the way - question to rogerrams :P The new lev yashin still knocking about in the borough? they were top spot when i was there. Great band.

paolo escobar
07-12-05, 13:46
In no certain order....
1. Fear and Loathing in las vegas
2. Bruce lee, The man, The myth
3. Field of Dreams

Bredahl
07-12-05, 21:52
1: American History X
2: Troy
3: Kill Bill

Vae Victis
08-12-05, 01:15
Office spaceLove that movie, so funny

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 01:31
In no order:

Boys Don't Cry (Brandon Teena story)
Grave Of The Fireflies (Ghibli)
Schindler's List

EDIT: I Just realized those are all true stories.

Lucius Drake
08-12-05, 01:35
1) Human Traffic
2) Old Skool
3) Labyrinth (or possibly Willow...Nelwyns rock)

SorkZmok
08-12-05, 11:22
Black Cat White CatHilarious movie. Love it!

Xephonas
08-12-05, 13:59
1. Pokemon - the movie

2. Digimon - the movie

3. Yu gi oh - the movie

Asurmen Spec Op
08-12-05, 15:36
1. Pokemon - the movie

2. Digimon - the movie

3. Yu gi oh - the movie
I dont want to talk to you anymore'
O_o

PsionicBuddha
08-12-05, 15:40
1. Pokemon - the movie

2. Digimon - the movie

3. Yu gi oh - the movie
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! You must be joking! :lol: :lol:

Koshinn
08-12-05, 17:53
MULTIPASS!!!!!

*cough*
I am Corbin Dallas.

1. Fight Club
2. Snatch
3. 5th Element

If Brad Pitt was in 5th Element instead of.. say.. Bruce Willis, it'd probably be 2nd instead of Snatch. But who can resist a fast talking gypsy Brad Pitt? Or an imaginary friend Brad Pitt?

4. Metal Gear Solid 3 (Yes it is a movie!!! :D )

Koast
09-12-05, 01:49
New Age List: In no particular order:
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings (Extended version)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Extended version)
Lords of the Rings: Return of the King (Extended version)

I just can't get enough of these movies.

Old School List: In no particular order:

Willow
The Abyss
Scarface

Crest
09-12-05, 12:13
Peilican Brief
The First Power
Bloodsport

Although T2 is there somewhere too

Matthew.v.smith
09-12-05, 12:23
In no particular order.

Jacobs Ladder
Fight Club

Damn cant think of a third :P

M.

ZeGe
09-12-05, 12:30
i love martial art ...

OngBak
Unleashed
Kiss of the Dragon

Spermy
09-12-05, 13:04
i love martial art ...

OngBak
Unleashed
Kiss of the Dragon

I thought unleashed was summat a bit different. Not sure if I thought it was ace.

I liked it, just dunno how much :p

ZeGe
09-12-05, 13:08
u will love if u just jump to the fight scenes.
same with ongbak.
who the hell needs those conversations :wtf: ?

Spermy
09-12-05, 13:15
u will love if u just jump to the fight scenes.
same with ongbak.
who the hell needs those conversations :wtf: ?

I didn't watch it for the fight scenes, Things like that tick me off - hence the reason I found the Matrix SHITE. 40 minutes of film if it hadn't been for the needlessly long fight scenes :p

ZeGe
09-12-05, 13:32
in that case u must love pulp fiction :p.

Spermy
09-12-05, 13:33
in that case u must love pulp fiction :p.

Now regardless of any other point I make EVER.

Pulp fiction rocks. :D

rob444
09-12-05, 14:18
It's hard to choose only three films, and my category would probably be SCI-FI because I love SCI-FI, I also love martial arts but SCI-FI is always > Martial Arts.

Star trek (yeah, William Shatner!!)
Star wars (always liked the different environment and humor in it)
5th element (it's a weird movie but it's ok, Judge Dredd and this movie came on the same place but I chose 5th element instead because it's more story in it)
I guess that was all. Cheers.

ZeGe
09-12-05, 14:30
star trek - first contact was the best imo :)

rob444
09-12-05, 14:32
star trek - first contact was the best imo :)

Yeah I think it was the best as well.

Foo
09-12-05, 16:15
1. Fight Club . (Crazy ass film had to watch it twice)
2. Snatch (Probley one of the best english films ever made)
3. Hard Boiled (One of John Woo's best movies imo, awsome gun fight sceens some of the best ive seen to date , truly crazy ass film , if u havent seen yet , see it !)

/edit , hmm i seem to have got my 3rd film title mixed up , it was a film with chow yun fat in , he played a cop and some other guy who was under cover in the triads. Im gonna try find out what it was called then repost it .

/edit2 Aha ! found it .

Clobber
09-12-05, 16:48
1) Pulp Fiction
2) Usual Suspects
3) Layer Cake

Meh Id prolly change that tomorrow its to hard pick.

Zefrian
09-12-05, 17:31

Yes, i saw an advertising announcing it - yesterday in the cinema.

---

There are so many good films ... but i will choose 3 of them:

1.) Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/)
2.) Training day (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139654/)
3.) The whole nine yards (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190138/)

giga191
09-12-05, 18:04
shawshank redemption, boondock saints and ill think of the third later

Preach
09-12-05, 18:06
shawshank redemption, boondock saints and ill think of the third later

Please for the love of god tell me Boondock Sts is the movie about the two hard ass brothers.. 2 years i couldn't remember the name of that movie and it fuckin owns

retr0n
09-12-05, 18:19
Please for the love of god tell me Boondock Sts is the movie about the two hard ass brothers.. 2 years i couldn't remember the name of that movie and it fuckin owns

Well, today is your lucky day, because it is :)

Preach
09-12-05, 18:23
Omfg Ill Never Para U Again Penny X X

Vae Victis
09-12-05, 20:03
heres my new list

Four Brothers
Fight Club
office space

Plight
10-12-05, 03:06
I cant narrow the top 3 as i worke din a video store for 5 years and have seen so many great movies, so im gonna cheat and list my favs in each genre :p

Horror
------
Event Horizon
House On Haunted Hill
Army of darkness (MWAHAHAHHA)

Comedy
-------
Space Balls
Super Troopers (meow?)
Austin Powers trilogy

Drama
-------
The Game (twist at end)
American History X (another good twist)
Arlington Road (OMG BEST TWIST EVAR)

Sci Fi
------
Minority Report
Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
12 monkeys

Animated (ima sucker for 3d, hehe)
------
Titan AE
Toy Story
Monsters Inc

To be honest those are really the only genres i like. Anime - bleh, Romance? havnt stayed awake long enough in one to have an opinion.

Koast
10-12-05, 06:16
Yes, i saw an advertising announcing it - yesterday in the cinema.

Saw 2 was released prior to halloween in the US theaters.

canuma100
10-12-05, 06:42
12 monkeys
Der Untergang/the Fall
Austin Powers1-3

ArmandeHammer
10-12-05, 09:28
I swear back in the day on Saturn there musta been 40 people with different variations of Korben Dallas.

shend
10-12-05, 10:52
the big lebowski (anything from the brothers coen fucking rips)
snatch (even better than lock stock & 2 smoking barrels)
stalingrad (a war movie without the hollywood pathos. people fucking die and it ain't fun and private ryan cuntfaced tom hanks poofaced git ain't got a clue)

movies that didn't make it into the a list but come with highest recommendations :

donnie darko (its' always fun when you know when you're gonna die)
garden state (balls!, not even close to cult but fun anyway)
napoleon dynamite (the urge to bash napoleon is unbelievable)

Bredahl
10-12-05, 20:03
hmm.. maybe these? :cool:

1: Flashpoint
2: The masseuse
3: more with jenna

mmmmmm.. Jenna... rrrrrr.... ;)

SyncError
10-12-05, 20:18
I love movies. I don't know if I could narrow it down to a top 10 much less a top 3. So instead, I'm just going to throw out one that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Hudsucker Proxy

LOST
10-12-05, 21:58
BUYME (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=pri&page=title&r=R2&title=677776)
Buy it. You will realise that you were wrong with your selections.
some were worthy of mention, but wrong.

Nananine
10-12-05, 23:03
Three is too little. In no order:

1. A Brighter Summer Day
2. Kyua (Cure)
3. The Third Man
4. Clockwork Orange
5. Oldboy
6. Gaichu (Harmful Insect)
7. Akai Hige (Red Beard)
8. The God of Cookery
9. Ten to Chi to (Heaven & Earth)
11. Kenka erejii (Fighting Elegy)
12. Brazil (Dir. Terry Gilliam)
13. Stalingrad

paolo escobar
11-12-05, 00:31
1) Human Traffic
totally class film and sums up the club culture i was brought up into. YEY to clubbing :)

2) Old Skool
Frank the tank, frank the tank, frank the tank

Tratos
11-12-05, 02:06
BUYME (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=pri&page=title&r=R2&title=677776)
Buy it. You will realise that you were wrong with your selections.
some were worthy of mention, but wrong.

Transformers - The Movie = Teh Win.

Scaramanga
11-12-05, 04:37
Let it ride
Ruthless people (first saw it a young age and laughed my cunt off)
Blues brothers