PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about VEHICLES

DR REED
06-12-05, 10:30
Hi NCs,

could anyone explain some questions concerning vehicles ?

1 - Could VEHICLES be constructed in a normal way ? Do i have to research the VEC key ?

2- Could VECs be destroyed by anybody, if they are left ?

3- Can anybody use a VEC if he has the key or are they registrated to the person which bought it ?

Thanks for helping ;)

Greetings, STAHLHUND :angel:

Bugs Gunny
06-12-05, 10:35
1 - Could VEHICLES be constructed in a normal way ? Do i have to research the VEC key ?
Yes, and Yes, but not all vehicles, some can only be bought at a faction suply manager. Mostly the combat vehicles, except for the rhino, which needs a blueprint you get from the NEXT hacknet database.

Yes, it's a sport for people to see the big explosions....

3- Can anybody use a VEC if he has the key or are they registrated to the person which bought it ?
If you have the skills and register the vehicle, it will apear on the list when you are using the ASG.

For a complete list of vehicles visit www.nc.synergyxr.net.

kurai
06-12-05, 10:53
Yes, it's a sport for people to see the big explosions....
This is undeniably true. :(

It's like watching some sort of collective mass psychosis at work.
If a vehicle is left parked somewhere, *anywhere* - occupied or not - the 1st random person to stumble across it *will* do his damndest to destroy it. Even if they have absolutely zero idea who it belongs to.

However - you'll be glad to know that simply getting out (or falling/syncing out of) your expensive vehicle does not automatically guarantee it's doom.

After a period of time unoccupied (I *think* it's 2 mins - someone confirm please ?) it cannot be destroyed. No matter how many people pound on it it will not drop below 20% or so dmg status.

You'll have to be careful retrieving it though ;)
... this unoccupied 2 min (?) vulnerability window resets every time you exit the vehicle, and it is of course always vulnerable while you are in it..

Bugs Gunny
06-12-05, 11:17
I can confirm it's indeed 2 minutes, since it takes a little les to blow a hover up with a ..... euh... nm :-)

SorkZmok
06-12-05, 11:34
About usage of vehicles, if it's yours you can let other people drive it but you have to be in the car already and give em permission to get into the driver seat.
Otherwise you can just hand out the key to whoever you want, once he registers it, it's his car. So better not give it away to anyone...

And i so don't get people shooting every vehicle they see. OMG, 9 credits to repair my reveller! Again! Stupid people. :lol:

DR REED
06-12-05, 12:10
nice info's , thanks for this...

As i know the (driver's mission) reveler car cannot be destroyed at all and will be respawned permanently.

it is possible to fire at the car with the driver inside regardless he has the LE implanted yet ? or is there no function of the LE concerning vehicles ?

STAHLHUND

eLcHi
06-12-05, 13:27
LE user inside the vehicle makes the vehicle indestructible for other players.

If you have another player WITHOUT a LE in the vehicle this is NOT the case - it can be damaged.

When you leave the vehicle it`s like every other ... 2 minutes then it`s safe

Riddle
06-12-05, 16:45
Remember the repair costs!

THats why the REV rocks costs like 8-10 Credits to repair 3/4 damaged :lol:

Heavyporker
06-12-05, 19:46
Yes, yes, but then don't forget not everyone has a reveller.

Or, heaven forbid, you're on a hunting trip with a rhino, the rhino gets chewed up and you find you're out of nanites, so you got to hit the gogo to get more nanites, and some butthole runs up and polishes off the 300k+ rhino.

Grrr.