PDA

View Full Version : Dear KK, The new 2.1 weapons are 99% perfect...

-FN-
06-12-05, 02:44
But the 1% that is wrong... And I mean, seriously wrong. Like Michael Jackson showing up at your son's 10th Birthday Party wrong. Incredibly wrong. I can't understand for the life of me why this was f-ed up so bad...

WHY THE HELL DOES THE LIBERATOR SOUND LIKE A STAPLE GUN!????

Firing the Liberator sounds like I'm tapping a pencil on my desk. I'm not kidding. Do it... See??? It is HANDS DOWN, *THE* most pathetic weapon sound. I love all the new weapons, the new animations, the new sounds, the effects... I don't even mind the Liberator model. It's decent...

But for the love of all that is holy - bring the old Liberator sound BACK or take a real Uzi out and fire it. It'll sound nothing like what's in-game.

http://www.soundrangers.com/category-results.cfm?storeid=1&cat_id=0145

There's some ideas :p Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE change the Liberator sound. It's a joke.

Yours Truly,
-FN-

Drake6k
06-12-05, 03:07
*taps on my desk*

I completely agree!!!!

CMaster
06-12-05, 03:08
Hell, check out the reveller gun. Possibly one of the deadliest weapons in game, and it sounds like a silenced spud gun.

[PiN]Fluffy
06-12-05, 03:53
But the 1% that is wrong... And I mean, seriously wrong. Like Michael Jackson showing up at your son's 10th Birthday Party wrong. Incredibly wrong.

OMFG! im still laughing i dont knwo why :lol:

Kallima
06-12-05, 03:53
haha when i first shot the libby on my spy...

i was like.."HAHA. PHEAR THE LEET PELLET GUN!"
and your right.. it does sound like tapping on a desk. 8|

vashtyphoon78
06-12-05, 03:59
Lol. someone was shooting me with a libby today on my tank and i was like...

*while this was happening about 3 damage per shot pinging off my head*

wtfz0rz? when the hell did they put airsoft guns ingame!?!?!

Jake Cutter
06-12-05, 04:01
I completely agree...the Libby's new sound is weak.

Same with the Reveller's gun.

And...the cannon on the Rhino has a horrible aftershot whine that really gets on your nerves pretty quick during a hunting run too.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Kallima
06-12-05, 04:19
your forgetting the annoying clicks after each plasma shot.

grr... makes me wanna throw it at a chaser

vashtyphoon78
06-12-05, 04:30
Dude....the Sniper Rifle sound almost made me splooge when i first shot my COmmando, and the rifles make it look like a fubar sniper too

eprodigy
06-12-05, 04:30
agreed. honestly i think the sound makes a big difference in a gun.

i love the new wyatt sound (and model) and i can actually stand using one now.

Asurmen Spec Op
06-12-05, 06:43
agreed. honestly i think the sound makes a big difference in a gun.

i love the new wyatt sound (and model) and i can actually stand using one now.
Are you the bastard who was always stalking me ingame and telling me to get a real gun!?

SorkZmok
06-12-05, 08:10
Hell, check out the reveller gun. Possibly one of the deadliest weapons in game, and it sounds like a silenced spud gun.
Haha yeah, fear my 30mm pea shooter! First time i used it i went WTF. The old sound was great, it really sounded meaty. Now it sounds just laughable.

What i do love is the new bat sound. They got a weird wistling sound now, first time i went through a zone with bats i thought someone was standing outside my window wistling to get my attention until i found out it was actually ingame sound. :lol:

eLcHi
06-12-05, 10:36
Silenced Libs FTW ... still the old sound

Ratboy
06-12-05, 10:40
You wont believe it guys, but it IS a Real UZI-Sound... These things sounds like that. But iŽll see what i can do make it sound "cooler" ;)

btw: Thanks for thinking that the weapon sounds are 99% perfect :)

hegemonic
06-12-05, 10:49
But the 1% that is wrong... And I mean, seriously wrong. Like Michael Jackson showing up at your son's 10th Birthday Party wrong. Incredibly wrong. I can't understand for the life of me why this was f-ed up so bad...

WHY THE HELL DOES THE LIBERATOR SOUND LIKE A STAPLE GUN!????

Firing the Liberator sounds like I'm tapping a pencil on my desk. I'm not kidding. Do it... See??? It is HANDS DOWN, *THE* most pathetic weapon sound. I love all the new weapons, the new animations, the new sounds, the effects... I don't even mind the Liberator model. It's decent...

But for the love of all that is holy - bring the old Liberator sound BACK or take a real Uzi out and fire it. It'll sound nothing like what's in-game.

http://www.soundrangers.com/category-results.cfm?storeid=1&cat_id=0145

There's some ideas :p Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE change the Liberator sound. It's a joke.

Yours Truly,
-FN-
What he said. BIG LOL BTW!

solling
06-12-05, 11:05
OMFG! im still laughing i dont knwo why maybee becourse he actually WAS at ur birthsday party flufy :D

Brammers
06-12-05, 11:22
You wont believe it guys, but it IS a Real UZI-Sound... These things sounds like that. But iŽll see what i can do make it sound "cooler" ;)

Heh, I thought it did sound more realistic, but after hearing the Lib trying to shoot those Regents hand crawler mobs for 4 hours I'm wondering if the cooler sound will give me a headache!

Let me get Terra's Liberator Queen to comment on this a sec...

Castr0
06-12-05, 11:28
Hopefully, the sound of the silencer on the libby didn't change :D

Tikuto
06-12-05, 15:44
the soudn doesn't bother me, tbh.... 8|

Matthew.v.smith
06-12-05, 16:40
If your thinking of beefing up the Libby sound's, then what about the Paineaser and Rifles?
It seem's the Lowtech Pistols and Rifles all sound a bit, cap gun-ish lol
I love the other weapon sounds and think they fit the weapons perfectly, they really are pretty damn excellent :).
So if your looking at boosting the bass or something on the Libby please take a look at the Paineaser too RatBoy ^^

M.

Riddle
06-12-05, 16:52
THe new weapons are GREAT its true, models look sweet most the animation is nice too, love loading that Healing Light :)

But it's true on the sound REV sux bad :(

o yeah and from a construction point of view Logans having trouble sorting all his weapons in cabinets as he doesn't know what they are!

DAM gotta scroll over them all now :lol: until i learn all the new shapes that is ;)

giga191
06-12-05, 19:07
i thought the libby sounds pretty good, maybe it just needs to be a bit louder relative to the other guns

Jipz
06-12-05, 19:19
it sounds like the old nailgun, that sux :o
it needs a change

=REMUS=
06-12-05, 19:22
i dont mind the sound of the lib... in comparison to the annoying whine you get after fireing laser weapons! The most annoying, as previously mentioned, is the rhino tank.

EDIT: All animations and skins are fucking awesome (cannons could do with looking a little beefier tho), please also mod the player skins so its as easy to tell the difference between classes as nc1.

Vae Victis
06-12-05, 22:40
Fluffy']OMFG! im still laughing i dont knwo why :lol:/edit
nvm lore already said it :(

damn u lore, its our job to pick on ur members, not urs :p

SyncError
06-12-05, 22:59
As I've said, the big problem I have is that the silenced libby is now louder than the unsilenced libby. I can get used to the old sound, but I agree I much preferred the RATTA TATTA of the old gun.

giga191
06-12-05, 23:33
they should use it as the silenced sound

Vryce
07-12-05, 00:38

The new looks and sounds ARE great, especially the Earp, but, I have to agree on the Libby: sounds too much like a nail gun. Like SyncError says, "more ratta tatta". :D

John Wu
07-12-05, 01:41
You wont believe it guys, but it IS a Real UZI-Sound... These things sounds like that.

you're right, I dont believe it.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/video/UziVideo.mpg

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 02:22
you're right, I dont believe it.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/video/UziVideo.mpg
Lol, hardly an accurate recording. Check out this one:

http://thehomegunsmith.com/video/FAGlockVideo.mpeg

Same gun, same guy, same time. Many different sounds. Hey, some of them even sound pretty crappy.

N

/edit - the point I'm making is that we start with professionally sampled effects, not something recording on a handicam. You can hear a really crappy reverb on that video clip too - it can't be sound reflections because they're in an open space.

John Wu
07-12-05, 02:29
it was the first video that I came across when searching with google. if you want I can look up some more, but if you've ever heard a 9mm gun being fired then you know that the sound ingame is not a 'real uzi sound'.

edit:

/edit - the point I'm making is that we start with professionally sampled effects, not something recording on a handicam. You can hear a really crappy reverb on that video clip too - it can't be sound reflections because they're in an open space.

I was not suggesting to use the sound from that video. I just wanted to demonstrate that in no way a 9mm fully automatic unsilenced gun will sound like the liberator does.