PDA

View Full Version : Memory Leak Is Back

Jake Cutter
06-12-05, 00:47
It appears that the memory leak has reared it's ugly head again.

I'm running with 1Gb of system RAM, and when NC2.1 starts the framerate stats tell me that there's about 540Mb free. Playing the game, you can watch the free memory drop steadily over time, and gets to the point where you need to completely restart the client because of the swapfile activity slowing the system down.

Anyone else?

Regards,
Jake Cutter

John Pansi
06-12-05, 01:00
it was never gone :)

Jake Cutter
06-12-05, 01:09
That may be true. But it's worse now than it was before.

Regards,
Jake

Lucius Drake
06-12-05, 02:39
Agreed its much worse recently. Especially for me when driving a Quad for some reason , My free mem ticks down like a countdown.

LD

Argent
06-12-05, 12:53
Yup, worse than ever. I used to use Dx9-mode without many problems, it actually even worked better than Dx7-mode in many areas, but now using Dx9 will result in fre in 5-30 minutes. Dx7 also fres much more often than it did pre 2.1, but it's still about billion times better than dx9.

Brammers
06-12-05, 13:01
I'm definatly getting more FRE's that is for sure. As for the memory leak, I've not noticed but 2gigs of ram does cover the memory leak up.

LTA
06-12-05, 13:13
Funny but this patch i am actually getting LESS fre's than EVER

I used to fatal at least once every hour guarenteed or sync out or get cannot use bug, but the most i get now is the odd fre on high load and some login bugs i do get some other bugs but nothing to do with mem leaks and syncs etc

Bugs Gunny
06-12-05, 13:14
It was never gone, and it's worse.

On my computer that has a DX7 card in it, my inventories are all fuzzy, and it's become nearly unplayable.

I'm used to restarting the game for ram every 15 minutes so it doesn't realy matter.

rob444
06-12-05, 13:31
Getting less fatals as well.

LTA
06-12-05, 13:34
Maybe they swapped it lol

All the people who didnt get lots of fatals now get lots why the others get less

Maybe i can finally come on these fre threads and be like :cool: i dont get no fre's so therefore it is most definately YOUR PC and YOUR connection :D

Shakey The Pimp
06-12-05, 13:39
Ive noticed less FREs as well but still a good amount of log in bugs!

with 1 gig of ram i havent noticed any mem leak probs i can run client for hours and its fine

Spermy
06-12-05, 14:14
It's not a leak - there's a hole in my computer and it's pouring out. O_o