PDA

View Full Version : weeeeeeeeeee evo

Hell-demon
05-12-05, 16:11
The forums are alive and in game population is high. But it wont last.

The whole reason we have this is because Evo got advertised well, drawn out suspense and alot of neat promises. But the fact is its dawning on alot of people that KK slaved over creating new textures and a few new quests only to have the core game mechanics still fucked.

A pretty new tree or gun will grab a few more peeps in game but they wont stay as they are bombarded by bugs. My all time hated bug is the PE lip bug, since beta of NC2 it has been around. If KK really care about looks (I assume they do from the upgraded textures) they would of stamped this bug out by now surely.

We now have more bugs though or things crippling the game. Reload times are just abit much. Hacknet has balancing issues. And still some maps are really buggered.

Neocron is getting prettier but this beauty has clamidia of the foulest kind. You'll sleep with her but still regret it.

It seems KK don't listen. We tell them to implement things they promised like player shops and accessories and more woc items. Over this year and a half weve had 4 woc items and thats it. We plea for bug fixes. But KK seem to follow their own whims. I dont remember the texture of trees and crates being a major concern to us. KK put time into a resource we admire now but at the same time the ugly truth of bugs and flaws is present. The 14 day trial gives people a pretty tree to look at but also a game lacking in improvement.

KK quit creating distractions. Your pretty guns wont hide up the bad reviews and complaints this game has had.

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 16:22
This miserable attempt is SO gonna hit them in the behind in the next few months.

Not only did they not deliver to the people they lured back to neocron with the 14 day trial, but they also upset a very large portion of the people who were still playing the game.

The people who were doing the graphics have done an excellent job, credit is due where it's due. But the people making the regants legacy map.... Let's just say we can't discuss these things on the forums.

Then the whole soullight revamp... I have a BUNCH of 5 slot stuff i hacked from people so far. IF kk makes it so that you don't lose sl for killing a red sl player, it'll be even easier for me to harvest belts.

How hard can it be to have people who know at least the bare minimum about the game mechanics to preview and test the patches you bring out?
The stuff that went through and came out in a patch contains some of the most basic bugs and loopholes that have been around in several areas for years.

Hell-demon
05-12-05, 16:31
Alot us were very pessimistic of KK's plans at the start. When evo was announced people flocked to the forum to see the screenshots. But i still knew it was bad.

Why?

Well even the fucking screenshots showed bugs. All these pretty trees and guns but old bugs like twisted arms are still about :wtf:

solling
05-12-05, 16:45
i liek the patch

Hell-demon
05-12-05, 16:48
And alot of people do Sol.

But wouldn't you also like a patch that sorts out a few glitches?

People like the new stuff. But how long will a new gun hold interest? How happy with Evo will you be when that new gun gets lost to a bug?

Or will you still like the patch when 3 months from now we have all these pretty new objects but only visual progress and not progress with game dynamics?

System
05-12-05, 16:56
I feel the same way, this patch is a good patch in a way but will not keep people in the game for very long, people will get old of the few new things and get tired once again of the same bugs happening over and over and a few new bugs.

Now if 2.1 Evol also fixed a lot of bugs then I believe this would of been the best patch that they would of ever released.

Spermy
05-12-05, 17:09
I too am still pessimistic, but I think it's probably going to take more than a 14 days to fix it. I'm staying for a month or two - it's only 20 or so quid. This patch is a good indication of things to come, but i think the real changes will come over the next few, as things are tweaked and balanced, and hopefully fixes are applied.

If it's no better then, then I'll be on my way.

But at the mo - I'm just happy to be reunited with my dear sweet Phayse :D

Tanks and speedies for the win!

Ryen
05-12-05, 17:14
In my opinion, the errors that people complain about today are minimal compared to years past. I agree that something should be done, and I'm fairly certian that Reakktor is working on something, but I think people are taking these things a bit too far.

I have fun the way I play, but that's just me. Evolution has done nothing but highly increased my experiance with Neocron, and I'm going to keep playing. There are errors, and hopefully reakktor will spend the next few months fixing those.

But you guys are still going way, way overboard with this.

Edit: A floating tree and a twisted arm are INCREDIBLY minimal errors. Hell, even world of warcraft (THE MOST polished MMO out there) has a few of these errors.

Spermy
05-12-05, 17:17
In my opinion, the errors that people complain about today are minimal compared to years past. I agree that something should be done, and I'm fairly certian that Reakktor is working on something, but I think people are taking these things a bit too far.

I have fun the way I play, but that's just me. Evolution has done nothing but highly increased my experiance with Neocron, and I'm going to keep playing. There are errors, and hopefully reakktor will spend the next few months fixing those.

But you guys are still going way, way overboard with this.

Edit: A floating tree and a twisted arm are INCREDIBLY minimal errors. Hell, even world of warcraft (THE MOST polished MMO out there) has a few of these errors.

As far as floating trees etc, they just need to take more care on the placement. in places it looks like they're planked willy nilly, through roads etc.

Falen
05-12-05, 17:22
but this beauty has clamidia of the foulest kind. You'll sleep with her but still regret it.

Quote burned into my mind... thank you i like it! :D

giga191
05-12-05, 17:28
And alot of people do Sol.

But wouldn't you also like a patch that sorts out a few glitches?

People like the new stuff. But how long will a new gun hold interest? How happy with Evo will you be when that new gun gets lost to a bug?
slasher, dev and ravager are used a lot still...

forcefullpower
05-12-05, 17:30
You all came back for a reason and that is the Game Play.
There is no other game on the market like this.

So what if there are a few bugs...

For God sakes stop whinning.

I bet you moan about every game you play. It could have been better this way or that way.

If you think you are so great then go and work for a games company and put some good feed back in stead of just gripping about everything.

Or How about create your own game.

"How to Moan to much" or "How to be a whizz at parties"

I bet you are all those 13 Yr old whinners on XBox Live

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 17:35
All they needed to do was TEST their shit, before they put it out, and i'm talking basic stuff, like THINK about the new soullight system.
Use a calculator with dammage over time....
Looking at a new dungeon's map and thinking.... "now where would i put my apu or droner...."

They have done none of these.
And if someone did it, he can be classified as totaly incompetent to say the least.

We are paying customers, and as such we have the RIGHT to complain about a product that is FAR from what has been promised. Especialy when a new version breaks stuff that worked in the previous one.
I'm sure you never complained about your microsoft products.....

Cor
05-12-05, 18:16
Day in and Day out the same old whinning crap KK did a nice upgrade and your still not happy. and I don't think anything in this game can make some of you happy, you'll fine something to bitch about. Give it a chance with the pop. and see what happens. Do you guys play the game or just stand around looking for bugs. If there is a perfect game out please tell me about it, because as for as I know this is pretty dame close even with the bugs you guys bitch about and I've play alot of the other MMO's out there.

Spermy
05-12-05, 18:42

That's why we're here.

*cough*

THATS WHAT FORUMS ARE! The majority of people on forums are pessimists or the pissed off. Either that or people with ideas, everyone else is ingame. If you don't like reading whines, don't read em. :rolleyes:

I bet you moan about every game you play. It could have been better this way or that way.

People do, it's not always whining. Sometimes it's ideas tossing. Yes some things about NC WOULD be better for all involved a certain way. Get a clue.

If you think you are so great then go and work for a games company and put some good feed back in stead of just gripping about everything.

Several of us have/are creating. A lot of us do actually know what we're going on about. For example I'm an artist/media bod.

Pot - Kettle - Black, make a sentence kiddo :)

Get a clue.

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 18:49
ahh well i like the changes. its nice to see sumin new

we all live with the bugs we all have for ages and we probably will have to in months/years to come

there are only 2 things that matter... the new rules are much better but are totaly useless withough a pvp flaggin system (he does damage to me i can retaliate)

and the other is ppu balance

the rest can wait we live with fre's sincs fatals lip bugs, torso bugs, twisty arms whatever

(ye it would nice to see em fixed)

and as for the patch... erm we have what we were promised... they didnt say it was gona be a bug fix

LTA
05-12-05, 18:52
Without whining the game would be left as it is.

Game Companies need criticism to improve things, just as microsoft do etc etc
Fair does some could be more constructive but somethings are very frustrating.

I like all the trees n that tho still dont get me wrong just i thought there was some priorities on things :p

Xaru
05-12-05, 19:01
I aggree, that changes in the game mechanics are really needed. Especially the Faction sympathy and soullight stuff.

But dont forget the real revamp of evo is the changes made to the engine. Faster rendering and a lot less fatals. I cant start to imagine how much code they must have rewritten :)

So give KK the credit of doing what was needed while polishing some of the old looks.

I hope the next step will be to rework the gamemechanics and tweak out the little bugs that have been there in the beginning.

Well missions need to be more fun too :) and npc that you have to answer in text mode, not only point and click answers and always the same dialog, that would open a whole bunch of new possibilities.

Regards
Xaru

giga191
05-12-05, 19:05
you don't just flick a switch to fix stuff...

Mighty Max
05-12-05, 19:09

Game Companies need criticism to improve things, just as microsoft do etc etc
Fair does some could be more constructive but somethings are very frustrating.

I like all the trees n that tho still dont get me wrong just i thought there was some priorities on things :p

Uhm no.

There is a difference between whining (which makes ppl upset or ignoring them due to the emotional imbalance) or critism which infact leads to improvements.

LTA
05-12-05, 19:15
Uhm no.

There is a difference between whining (which makes ppl upset or ignoring them due to the emotional imbalance) or critism which infact leads to improvements.

Thanks for explaining the difference of whining and critism.

I never said they were the same thing, i just said without whining it would be left as it is, means if people dont complain its not gonna change because companies would think the product is perfect.

Then i said game companies need critism to improve. (which you just seen i did since you've said yourself it leads to improvments)

Mighty Max
05-12-05, 19:45
The "no" was for you very first sentance.

Critism is turning the wheel, not whining.

Sorry if it wasnt stated clearly. Didnt meant theat no on the whole post.

LTA
05-12-05, 20:40
The "no" was for you very first sentance.

Critism is turning the wheel, not whining.

Sorry if it wasnt stated clearly. Didnt meant theat no on the whole post.

Ahh sorry i mis read it then :p
Just saying i do think it takes a little whining to highlight the issue before people start constructively discussing it

giga191
05-12-05, 21:03
lets all be friends again!

Hell-demon
05-12-05, 21:59
hug

:angel:

Assimilator
05-12-05, 23:14
*hugs back*

See, two friends already. :angel:

Hell-demon
06-12-05, 00:06
*Smells Assimilator*

you smell nice....... :D

Ryen
06-12-05, 00:34

If nobody whined, nothing would be done. Atleast now Reakktor has an idea on what should be fixed.

vashtyphoon78
06-12-05, 00:59
You guys need to think about it like this: This was like another NC1 to NC2 transfer that KK had to go through- except i look at 2.1 as the halfway point for what NC2 should have been. There are still bugs in Evo, but KK didnt know what Evo would do with the stress of 300 players (lol)