PDA

View Full Version : Hoverboards

cRazy-
05-12-05, 00:24
This idea = FLAWLESS (tbh)

I know at times i cant be bothered to run around in neocron and the wastelands. So how about give people hoverboards.

It needs a certain amount of driving skill to operate, but it means you can travel faster on it and it can be used in neocron and doy cities, and outside.

An example here shown by anarki off Quake 3

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/q3/images/10.jpg

You can also fire your gun while using the hoverboard, but the aiming is very negativly effected whilst moving on it.

opinions?

Shujin
05-12-05, 00:31
Idea = Great ;D

Ticallion
05-12-05, 00:33
[ edited ]

Shujin
05-12-05, 00:34
[ edited ]
You = Troll

cRazy-
05-12-05, 00:35
Its supposed to be used to travel around quicker, NOT for PvP, hence why it gives a negative aim.

¬_¬

Ticallion
05-12-05, 00:40
You = Troll

[ edited ]

cRazy-
05-12-05, 00:46
Its a new idea, new features and a new way if getting quicker transport around the city, it also makes moving around much easier of the hoverboard is in your quickbelt which you can use at any time, AND it adds to that potential 'cyber-punk' enviroment, if thats still there.

Shujin
05-12-05, 00:51
[ edited ]
No your a troll for giving unconstructive crticism.

Ticallion
05-12-05, 00:52
[ edited ]

cRazy-
05-12-05, 00:55
Ticallion it seems you dont have much of a clue about how this game works. And if you have just started playing neocron then you dont have much of a right to opinionate like that anyway.

It also seems you have gotten the wrong idea about how this idea should work, so your 'criticism' is invalid.

Ticallion
05-12-05, 00:57
I have played NC on/off since beta, bud.

retr0n
05-12-05, 00:59
Watch out guys, he's an elite vet has been.

BlackDove
05-12-05, 01:01
It shows :)

Anyway, boards. Could work really. Sounds pretty good, I can imagine the Plaza where people just fly on them things.

Ticallion
05-12-05, 01:02
A vet hasbeen? Ok. Mabye you dont understand how this game has worked since the day it came out. Basically you creating a thread with your idea is pointless. A good idea indeed, i commend that. But in actuality your idea will have nothing to do with this games future, ACTUALLY. In most games when a player comes up with an idea the company then can NOT use this idea since it wasnt their original idea. Yeah, hoverboards would be cool. But im sure KK would have "alot of problems with the netcode making this idea into a actual feature in the game". Either that or some other lame excuse. How about you let them fix the thousands of bugs that make people quit this game everyday, then come up with some better ideas that havent been done in 276 games already. Thanks.

[PiN]Fluffy
05-12-05, 01:06
It would be cool. But they should require alot of driving skill. And be used as a tool for constructors/reaserchers who run around overwiehgt with alot of things.

Ticallion
05-12-05, 01:09
In my mind it would be best if they replaced those in-city hovercab things.. They are SOoO pointless, you can runt he distance they take you in half the time. It would be much more futuristic if there were a buncha people flying around in the air doing barrel rolls and what not. Then they could introduce combat hoverboards LOL. Having dogfights above an OP would be fun LOL.

Asurmen Spec Op
05-12-05, 01:25
Holy whiney angry person alert

Good idea

I give it the assman sign of aproval

krynstone
05-12-05, 03:25
This = The win. I'm a sniper rifler/hacker and I would only keep enough Veh to drive this (around 5-10 Veh?) and drop the Veh for the Hovertech. Then I could really fit the role of a sniper. I would love that. Goes well with the hacker persona also in a futuristic kind of sense:).... Must Implement

Dribble Joy
05-12-05, 03:32
Dunno how great they would be in NC, the areas aren't all that big, but in DoY it could be fun. As long as there are no PvP imlications, go for it.

IceStorm
05-12-05, 03:50
but in DoY it could be fun.I doubt it. Too much debris.

Now jetpacks, that would make DoY fun. The constant switchbacking needed to go from one entrance to a zone to the other exit is quite irritating and a jetpack would make short work of that.

naimex
05-12-05, 04:18
im surprised no one has said it yet...

hoverboards are from "back to the future"...

anyways.. <3 hoverboards.

cRazy-
05-12-05, 04:18
My idea got dribble joys seal of approval, therefore it must be implemented into the game.

vashtyphoon78
05-12-05, 04:31
the Warbot Titan X Seal of Semi idea stealing approvable tbh :p

ive had this idea for years...i got a screeny of a possible jetpack model here...

*rummages through his neocron2 'Shots' folder*

hah! found the little bastards!

naimex
05-12-05, 04:33
O_o O_o O_o

looks like a vacuum sucker without the hose

:rolleyes:

cRazy-
05-12-05, 04:34
lol this thread isnt about dumb jetpacks everyones been talking about those for YEARS.

hoverboards on the other hand = win.

Kozmos
05-12-05, 04:50
Fluffy']It would be cool. But they should require alot of driving skill. And be used as a tool for constructors/reaserchers who run around overwiehgt with alot of things.

lmao that idea just screams out ''electric wheelchair with a trailer" to me :lol:

Terayon
05-12-05, 05:21
lol this thread isnt about dumb jetpacks everyones been talking about those for YEARS.

hoverboards on the other hand = win.

Jetpacks where a great idea, but i would settle for this :) .

BTW what ever happened to off topic channel?

sanityislost
05-12-05, 06:02
OMFG hoverboards!!! I love the idea!

Oh and Benji's neon umbrella idea...been waiting on thet one for awhile now!!

SiL ..:..

Shujin
05-12-05, 06:41
OMFG hoverboards!!! I love the idea!

Oh and Benji's neon umbrella idea...been waiting on thet one for awhile now!!

just like player owned shops :P

MkVenner
05-12-05, 06:48
I dunno, mebbe they'd be cool, although there are better things to pour the resources into...

But neon umbrellas? That'd be just straight up pimp :p

sanityislost
05-12-05, 09:16
just like player owned shops :P

SEX @ Shujin!!....lol yar, we need those also :/
i would have a shop just selling homegirls, Slave trading FTW!

I dunno, mebbe they'd be cool, although there are better things to pour the resources into...

But neon umbrellas? That'd be just straight up pimp :p

SEX @ MkV!!....yar the neon umbrelas would be soooooo sexy

Tis cool too see alot of old faces back on the forum :D :D :D

Dribble Joy
05-12-05, 10:36
My idea got dribble joys seal of approval, therefore it must be implemented into the game.
I wish....

Yes, noen see through plastic umbrellas ftw.

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 11:13
stupid idea... pop 3-4 speed drugs

Epantenarol
whiteflash
redflash
beast
etharudol
--- not realy used for just running around ---
kri nightshade
tiger blood

38 ATH
125 AGL

withough the rare'r drugs

38 ATH
70 AGL

thats enough to have u wiiiiiizing around

vashtyphoon78
05-12-05, 16:21
i want a caine with a warbot head on the end!!!11oneone

LOL Rare melee weapon with the swirly circling the WBs head

@Zovos: loller thats less than my tanks base speed...

Toxen
05-12-05, 16:46
ok its a great idea good enough to provide a valid, putting it in the belt i dunno, but either i know it has to be treated the same as a vechial otherwise it will never get zoning down right, im guessing just basicly nick the hovertech design, change the model and reduce the bounding box to as small as possible so theres no real problems with doorways. but rember hover tech can't go over objects that aren't part of the zone floor so may have a tendancy to get stuck alot.

oh and btw

vashtyphoon78 those screenies are of the model for the mk4 or 5 ion drone.

Dr J Zoidberg
05-12-05, 16:49
Having dogfights above an OP would be fun LOL.
Ive done that in a glider.... Man that was difficult. I won though :P Killed him not the glider :D

-Z

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 19:00
i want a caine with a warbot head on the end!!!11oneone

LOL Rare melee weapon with the swirly circling the WBs head

@Zovos: loller thats less than my tanks base speed...

haha my tank is sooo wierdly bugged

hes 75 75 and still outruns 150 150 tanks lol. if i drug im like flash =]

edit <_>

i know i dont like the idea... but why treat it as a vhc... why not just treat it as a weapon =\ that adds a masive bonus to ath and agil and like other weapons it changes the animation of movement (in this case sticks teh feet together on the weapon(board) and puts the arms out when moving).

cRazy-
06-12-05, 04:40
Oh and if someone wants a better example think of the hoverboards from the back to the future film.

Logan_storm_03
06-12-05, 10:08
yeah hoverboards would be sexxy, but make it that, you
A) cant get your weapon out when your on it,
B) you cant ware PA on it, since it being too big and bulky.