PDA

View Full Version : assassin

Super Mario
04-12-05, 22:28
o.k i was bored at work today and i had a thought .... When you first make your char you get a choice of a job you have assassin as one of them but how can you do a job like that when you can never find the person they are either

1) paid to kill
2) just want to kill for revenge w/e ect....

so this is what i suggest ... a bone imp or eye that is able to find any char in game where ever they are but need a R/C + T/C req (never really made posts like this maybe some input would be cool)

so whadda ya think gimme suggestions, flames ect...

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 23:12
I disagree with the RC requirement.

Assassians dont only use rifles.
A large majority of the assassination in are time are by pistols, and I belive the same would be true in the high security world of neocron, easier to sneak a holdout pistol up to someone then a rifle.

Spermy
04-12-05, 23:20
o.k i was bored at work today and i had a thought .... When you first make your char you get a choice of a job you have assassin as one of them but how can you do a job like that when you can never find the person they are either

1) paid to kill
2) just want to kill for revenge w/e ect....

so this is what i suggest ... a bone imp or eye that is able to find any char in game where ever they are but need a R/C + T/C req (never really made posts like this maybe some input would be cool)

so whadda ya think gimme suggestions, flames ect...

Use the damn citycom.

Ryen
04-12-05, 23:28
What he said ^

If you search for the runner you can see their last known position on the city com.

SyncError
04-12-05, 23:29
What he said ^

If you search for the runner you can see their last known position on the city com.

A bit off topic but that reminds me... when are they going to implement laptops, mobile CityComm units. =) Its the future and we have no wireless mobile computers that way less than 300 lbs. I've always thought they should implement laptops that have a wireless CityComm connection as long as you're within say an Uplink OP zone that you're clan/faction/alliance owns... Just like the GR the clan owning the uplink could open the wireless connection to all public users or make it a secure private connection.

Super Mario
05-12-05, 00:07
yes the citycom is fine when you are in your app or in a safe zone but i mean something that you can take around with you maybe a device that has a remote hack into the citycom system (which can tell you where any runner is at anytime) so if you think that the best thing an assassin can do is stand around safe zones or op's they are actually allowed into to check city coms which show the LAST position not current then fine but i think that maybe something like a hack device with a screen or w/e ???

Spermy
05-12-05, 00:12
yes the citycom is fine when you are in your app or in a safe zone

no assasin worth his salt would risk any other place would they?

but i mean something that you can take around with you maybe a device that has a remote hack into the citycom system (which can tell you where any runner is at anytime)

You'd still be looking at something resembling an effing citycom then wouldn't you?

so if you think that the best thing an assassin can do is stand around safe zones or op's they are actually allowed into to check city coms which show the LAST position not current then fine but i think that maybe something like a hack device with a screen or w/e ???

You'd still be taking your eye off the ball using that. whats the difference between that and a citycom except portability?

Super Mario
05-12-05, 01:00
I think i was going with the whole portability thing... maybe people could have a wep that tags runners and you can keep an eye where ever they go ... i dunno as i said i was just an idea...

BlackDove
05-12-05, 01:04
Somewhat off topic - Stalking was king in NC1.

I'd pick people in the street, follow them to their apartments and gank them without knowing who did it (shoot in the back, they have no idea who did it, no buffs, not ready - plaza was a safezone).

Anyway

It would be a neat-trick add on, but nothing urgent insofar.

Spermy
05-12-05, 12:14
I think i was going with the whole portability thing... maybe people could have a wep that tags runners and you can keep an eye where ever they go ... i dunno as i said i was just an idea...

As long as you drop the citycom element as that would still mean a big assed screen which wouldn't be safe to look at, just like a city com.

If YOU assigned the target by firing it at someone - like you fire a hacktool at a door, but from greater range, then maytbe you could get a rudimentary navray style effort. Or maybe just the arrow, although it could be hideously innacurate because of data transfer etc etc.

My biggest gripe is that it seemed to be just a way of using the citycom without going there.

LTA
05-12-05, 13:31
My biggest gripe is that it seemed to be just a way of using the citycom without going there.

What??

but we could sit at the bunker doing Clops missions without ever leaving... imagine being able to raise your sl at any mob spawn for your convenience.
Aggy Captains... no probs, lets goto jeriko and use my mobile city com for missions.
Mad copbots no problem, i can sit in gaya :rolleyes:

Tho i think the bounty system does need work, players should be assigned bounties by there faction if they are registered bounty hunter/assassin, like you goto the CA hq, chat to a npc and they are like "Blah blah heres a list of runners wanted for : Murder, Low Sl, Hit N Run, Theft and offer rewards based on difficulty and emasure of crime...
like /70 murderer would yield better bounties than a /22 Murderer etc
Then you have to use your skills to find the said person, shouldnt be pointed to him, unless he ran past a empoyee of your faction that could maybe flag him as going that way on your mission log

Spermy
05-12-05, 14:38
What??

but we could sit at the bunker doing Clops missions without ever leaving... imagine being able to raise your sl at any mob spawn for your convenience.
Aggy Captains... no probs, lets goto jeriko and use my mobile city com for missions.
Mad copbots no problem, i can sit in gaya :rolleyes:

Tho i think the bounty system does need work, players should be assigned bounties by there faction if they are registered bounty hunter/assassin, like you goto the CA hq, chat to a npc and they are like "Blah blah heres a list of runners wanted for : Murder, Low Sl, Hit N Run, Theft and offer rewards based on difficulty and emasure of crime...
like /70 murderer would yield better bounties than a /22 Murderer etc
Then you have to use your skills to find the said person, shouldnt be pointed to him, unless he ran past a empoyee of your faction that could maybe flag him as going that way on your mission log

That could work - They could generate a bounty mission on thier head the second they reach a certain SL (which could probably be monitored by your client)

These Missions could then be picked up from NPC X, where you can pick a bounty by searching within certain parameters I would probably say last known player rank, then you'd get a dialogue with thier last known position, and the option to accept or go back to the seacrh dialogue.

Easy.

Example

NPC - Blah blah blah - Would you like to see what bounties we have available?

YES - Continue search
NO - End dialogue

Player - Yes.

NPC - Please select a search bracket

/1 -/20
/21 -/30
/31 - /40
/41 -/50
/51 - /60
/60+

Player - /21 - /30

NPC

Runnername - xx/31
Runnername - xx/34
Runnername - xx/40

Player - runnername xx/31

NPC - Bounty is 15000nc Last known location xxxxxx accept?

YES
NO

No returns you to the search.

Bounty would be calculated on runners soulight - which would be transmitted to the NPC every so often to account for SL change - maybe every few minutes or so - that way - if he committed more crimes, the bounty would be changed accordingly.

If he manages to gain enough soulight to get off the bounty list, then again - transmit to Bounty daabase and remove him from the NPCs list. Transmit Message to other runners that bounty has been dropped.

If on a bounty mssion you are exempt for any zone/symp rules against THAT PLAYER ONLY.

hows that sound?

LTA
05-12-05, 18:05
Good to me, the only exception being the last bit

If he has committed enough crime to reach the list in the first place then he should only be removed either after the bounty is collected or a certain period of time expires and the target is deemed a non threat or non bounty anymore.

Good thing on the zone aswell on bounties you should be able to avoid penalties.

Gives factions in a sense to retaliate sorta thing, like if someone kills 2/3 members of there own faction then that bounty should be say 2x 3x depending how many members they killed and how often are hunters are sent for them.

The level of crimes could also affect how many bounties get placed on your head, for example, a City Admin employee kills a CA employee, steals some data, sells the data to bd, the data contained heavy research docs from Proto and Biotech.
CA could send out 1 bounty hunter, Bio could send 1 and PP could send one so all factions involved to tidy it up. (maybe would complicate thngs still but you get the idea_

Spermy
05-12-05, 18:37
I see a plan forming :D

LTA
05-12-05, 18:43
On the assassin front tho the same could apply but only for those who comit crimes directly against the faction.
Like allied pkers, commercial rival clan leaders... that kinda thing

Hunt0r
06-12-05, 06:49
Good to me, the only exception being the last bit

If he has committed enough crime to reach the list in the first place then he should only be removed either after the bounty is collected or a certain period of time expires and the target is deemed a non threat or non bounty anymore.

Good thing on the zone aswell on bounties you should be able to avoid penalties.

Gives factions in a sense to retaliate sorta thing, like if someone kills 2/3 members of there own faction then that bounty should be say 2x 3x depending how many members they killed and how often are hunters are sent for them.

The level of crimes could also affect how many bounties get placed on your head, for example, a City Admin employee kills a CA employee, steals some data, sells the data to bd, the data contained heavy research docs from Proto and Biotech.
CA could send out 1 bounty hunter, Bio could send 1 and PP could send one so all factions involved to tidy it up. (maybe would complicate thngs still but you get the idea_

That to me sounds like a brillent bounty system.