PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] wtf roflomao? (Losing SL for killing red SL runners)

Shenyu Reza
04-12-05, 20:12
here my life, I was just back since 2 hours and I see a neutral red sl, I follow him and...

12-03-2005 23:41:07 > You lost a great deal of sympathy with Diamond Real Estate.
12-03-2005 23:41:07 > You lost a great deal of soullight.
12-03-2005 23:42:12 > DIRECT> ****** : hahaha noob

, I kill a yellow with red sl and "bing!" I'm -42 sl... wtf :confused:

[I have laugh nervously]

Why guards wants to shot me now and not him with red sl?

He was certainly -16 sl, but he was red, how can i know? I don't will go to the citycom to see his sl with a chance to lose my adversary whereas he is near me!

Neocron is still a game? o_O

Now I am in the shit, I do not know how to up my soullight and all guards shoot me :s

I specify that's not to whine, I need answear and some help that's all, thanks

Thanks to don't answer for nothing or to flam... (break the laws to change)

ps: sorry for my english

nabbl
04-12-05, 20:18
you arent allowed to kill anybody in dungeon zones..

Zeninja
04-12-05, 20:19
I don't get it.

Do you mean you lost SL killing someone with red SL ?

I thought that was impossible (except in dungeon areas maybe)

=REMUS=
04-12-05, 20:20
yeah read the other threads already started on the subject, you only need to look around in TH, there are allot of people that have been screwed by this... me included :lol: my spy is currently at -46 for doing pretty much as you did.

you arent allowed to kill anybody in dungeon zones..

I killed my particular pker in plaza 2...

Shenyu Reza
04-12-05, 20:21
Neocron is a dungeon now?

12-03-2005 23:41:07 > You lost a great deal of sympathy with Diamond Real Estate.
12-03-2005 23:41:07 > Screaming Horse Agency City Security - Judd Jennings : This is you last warning! Get out of here. NOW!

It's better now? Or i need to give you all my logs? :p

.Cyl0n
04-12-05, 20:34
Uuhhh thats bad. You shouldnt loose sl when killing a red guy ever imo... i mean they want to stop ally pking and thats just protecting them from punishment. :/

Zeninja
04-12-05, 20:41
The only explanation I see, is that this guy was around zero SL, and you killed him between the moment his SL went positive and the moment his colour was updated client side (I mean YOUR side)

He couldn't have been -16 SL unless it's a bug.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 20:43
No, thats how it is right now.
I hope they will fix it though.

and since I know nidd reads this

I am waiting

eprodigy
04-12-05, 20:47
same thing happened to me. i WAS in city zone but i assumed if he is red it doesnt matter that he is neutral to me.

Spermy
04-12-05, 21:59
Neocron is a dungeon now?

12-03-2005 23:41:07 > Screaming Horse Agency City Security - Judd Jennings : This is you last warning! Get out of here. NOW!

It's better now? Or i need to give you all my logs? :p

Yes. You want to post the but that tells you the zones rules. It appears everytime you zone ;)

He's Protected by the law as he's not too high a threat - if he gets to be a bigger threat the the NCPD will waste him for you. Unless you wanna take it to the lawless zones and have it out.

kane
04-12-05, 22:12
well all I can say is maybe they should remove PVP lol then just shut the game down :(

It be sad but then we can finaly move on and be able to injoy life.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 22:14
well all I can say is maybe they should remove PVP lol then just shut the game down :(

It be sad but then we can finaly move on and be able to injoy life.
lemme guess, youd move on to wow?
that shows more of a lack of a life thne me sitting here spamming you

kane
04-12-05, 22:24
lemme guess, youd move on to wow?
that shows more of a lack of a life thne me sitting here spamming you

WoW sucks lol.

Faid
04-12-05, 22:32
It's quite annoying being attacked in P2 by a -100 SL ally and his strap-on PPU.
Then Killing that -100 SL guy only to have your SL go from 100 down to -34, then of course the cop bots kill me - and naturally my belt gets hacked by the same people who shot me in the first place.

So basically you cannot defend yourself anywhere anymore, at least not without being "severely punished" for it.

-FN-
04-12-05, 22:37
Yeah... Hey KK,

SOULLIGHT SHOULD GOVERN ZONE RULES

Killing a -100 SL Player, regardless of your zone (Except for a dungeon) should NOT PENALIZE YOU.

A fix would be nice. kthx.

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 22:44
Yeah... Hey KK,

Killing a -100 SL Player, regardless of your zone (Except for a dungeon) should NOT PENALIZE YOU.

This is currently under investigation. I don't know what's going to happen yet but I can tell you that it hasn't gone unnoticed.

N

Shenyu Reza
04-12-05, 22:54
Chouette ^^

eprodigy
05-12-05, 00:01
in some ways its good.

the NCPD list is filling up fast, so at least you know where you can find someone to fight (the couple not in TH or APT)

-FN-
05-12-05, 00:31
in some ways its good.

the NCPD list is filling up fast, so at least you know where you can find someone to fight (the couple not in TH or APT)
It can be exponentially frustrating tho for many players...

You're minding you're own business in P2 and a Red SL jackass jumps you. You defend yourself and manage to kill him. Hassle #1. Now you're on the NCPD list and ppl will stalk you. Hassle #2. So it's twice as annoying for those who *don't* want to be involved in it.

Those who want on the list get exactly what they want tho - but I'm betting that number of people is much smaller than the first group.

Vae Victis
05-12-05, 00:34
Uuhhh thats bad. You shouldnt loose sl when killing a red guy ever imo... i mean they want to stop ally pking and thats just protecting them from punishment. :/never heard of STAPK ? save teh ally pkers?
they have rights too

Scaramanga
05-12-05, 00:40
Shouldn't be any punishment for killing bad sl runners or it takes away a major part or the SL system's purpose. Hope this is an unintentional bug that is yet to be fixed.

.Cyl0n
05-12-05, 04:27
never heard of STAPK ? save teh ally pkers?
they have rights too

That makes the whole system pointless tho...

Kozmos
05-12-05, 04:40
ok

gotta say it, the new soullight rules are a PKers haven

One thing youve gotta understand about out and out PKers, is that we dont give a shit about SL in the majority of cases, unless we know theres absolutely no chance of us possibly getting out

Its the rush, and the rush is alot bigger when your red

Im sure most of you have noticed that the majority make 1 or 2 kills then move on to another area, they sure as fuck wont stand around while you cry on clan chat and bring a 50/50 army of fighters and PPUs ;)

The thing is, now, with the SL/Symp gain from killing reds, theres absolutely no problem atall in fixing major red soullight. Went to neg 70ish earlier, 2 minutes to fix it, hell i was at +80ish SL after that with 99 symp in my faction

Only problem now is for a PKer to survive if they lsoe a belt, and it sure isnt hard getting items in neocron, especially with a clan backing you...

Previously it was pure hassle and ballache fixing your soullight or sympathies, now it literally takes a couple of minutes. only thing is now that this will seperate the part time PKers who goto neg 13/14 with 1-2 cheap kills and then fuck off to OZ to do some missions cause they care too much about their virtual items and those that realy dont care, are here for the thrill of getting their intended kills, and getting out with a hunt on them :p

Superbron
05-12-05, 09:23
Yeah... Hey KK,

Right!

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 10:10
KK claims they had "internal testers"......

They should be fired on the spot.
The whole concept of neocron being a game where you had to watch your back is out the window.

We now have neocron 2.1 "beyond the soullight"

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 10:50
the new rules are great...

not so great for noobie mercs but for everybody else... great.

basicaly u cant kill allies or nutrals in the city... because copbot/doy guards are suposed to do that. but u get rewarded for raiding an enemy city or defending urs

you cant kill allies in hack/waste zones but u can kill nuterals and enemys wich is as it should be

warzones are still lawless

u cant grief people hunting unles u want a sl hit

fraction simp is easy to regen. u just have a enemy friend spawn in the same genrep over and over wasting him for the fraction bonus

i think its posible to do this with sl to but im not sure on the zone =S

that said if a person is under 32 sl i think u shouldnt get a hit for killing a enemy/nutral runer but get a small fraction hit for killing a allied -sl'er

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 10:59
No griefind at leveling spots??????

Here's the first thing that comes to mind:

3spies and pes, all got 100sl from about 5 minutes of gr ganking.
They go in cave, one spy/pe attacks a leveler.
He lets himself get killed.
His teamates grab his belt and kill the leveler, they hack his -45 sl belt for all he's got.
They go back to the gr, get their sl back up and they go at it again.

It's a nice way of making fast cash, since a good CS will go a couple of million nc easy.

None of the SL stuff implemented is going to stop allied killing (ecept where there's guards or copbots) and it's certainly not going to stop leveler griefing.

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 11:06
No griefind at leveling spots??????

Here's the first thing that comes to mind:

3spies and pes, all got 100sl from about 5 minutes of gr ganking.
They go in cave, one spy/pe attacks a leveler.
He lets himself get killed.
His teamates grab his belt and kill the leveler, they hack his -45 sl belt for all he's got.
They go back to the gr, get their sl back up and they go at it again.

It's a nice way of making fast cash, since a good CS will go a couple of million nc easy.

None of the SL stuff implemented is going to stop allied killing (ecept where there's guards or copbots) and it's certainly not going to stop leveler griefing.

ye well we all know the ways around it but theoreticaly :P there should be no griefing.... we still have no flag system... if we had a flag system (get attacked and u could deffend ur self) the rules would be perfect

sultana
05-12-05, 11:09
Really should go back to the way it was, you don't lose soulight (or sympathy) for killing anyone with negative soulight, period. No matter what zone you were in. Though maybe the rule should be changed so that you lose sympathy with the respective faction of the runner you just killed. Until say, the runner has -32 soulight and lower, or some other number.

Also levelling griefing is easy to defend against. Just wait until they've done 15% damage to you, and get someone in your team to kill you. Griefer goes to -45 soulight :lol: (Also really helps if you have an apu in your team, that way you die do fast they have no time to zone at all, or they can even anti- buff/shield you, so you take more damage :rolleyes: )

Spermy
05-12-05, 11:41
No problems with killing red SLs - as long as they ain't my faction.

IMO Faction > Soulight level

red and red SL - peasy, Yellow and red SL lovely, Green and red SL - fancy a few mission cubes mate?

Red SL is not an excuse to ally gank. Otherwise I'm fine wih it - although the system as it stands needs to be tailored a bit more.

commerzgandalf
05-12-05, 11:44
i killed a neutral runner
lost 100 sl (from 100 to 0)
lost 50 frac symp ( from 100 to 50)

Normal ?

Drake6k
05-12-05, 15:51
The SL system is horrible now, I vote to go back to the old ways,
please KK!!!

Spermy
05-12-05, 16:01
Only problem is - that the population complained then too. It's getting looked at, I think we've got the foundations of something a bit better than what it was. Sit tight, wait and see, and if it's still bad, then feel free to vent :)

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 16:13
How come they couldn't "look" at it BEFORE they released the patch at the same time they were luring in a LOT of old players?

Do you know what they are saying?
Just go to MB and TH, and talk to them. I have a distinct feeling that their whole compaign has gone from something that showed a lot of promised to something that has once again failed miserably.

Xaru
05-12-05, 19:08
In fact you shouldnt loose soullight, when you kill anyone, who attacked you first.
You should loose soullight depending on your SL, the other players SL, and the faction relations.

Factionsympathy loss should be determined on the zone your in, the soullight of the player you kill, and if he attacked you or not and, if hes neutral, allied or enemy.

And having the most wanted list work for DOY and NC seperately would be awesome.

Regards
Xaru

P.S.: Where is my brainport :(

ZoVoS
05-12-05, 19:09
meh refuse to fight die they get a sl hit send in ur friends take there neg sl belts

Toilet-Duck
06-12-05, 22:58
If you kill peoeple with red or yellow soullight for example minus 76 why is it myself would lose 50sl for killing him?

Is this a bug or a new feature? :wtf:

BlackDove
06-12-05, 23:00
Always a feature.

LiL T
06-12-05, 23:10
That wants to be a bug or thats just retarded

Toilet-Duck
06-12-05, 23:34
That wants to be a bug or thats just retarded

Yeah :eek:

Dargeshaad
06-12-05, 23:58
I'm sure evol 2.1 was thoroughly tested, thus that cannot be a bug

naimex
07-12-05, 00:01
dungeon zone... or apartment...

-FN-
07-12-05, 00:07
Soullight Rules should supercede Zone Rules - afaik they don't at the moment.

I think it's safe to say...

https://www.loanapp.com/images/bug.gif

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 00:10
Thread merged.

BTW, this is fixed on the test server. -1 to -63 is yellow. -64 to -100 is red. Reds can be killed without penalty and will drop around 5 items. Note that final details may differ but that's what we're looking at right now.

Patch is due next week.

N

Toxen
07-12-05, 00:17
just you guys be careful patching coming up to crimbo rember what happend last time we had doy bots on our heads for a month or more cus of one hiccup.

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 00:19
You probably won't notice because you'll be playing the Neocron N.M.E project, which may well be released tomorrow... ;)

N

Logan_storm_03
07-12-05, 00:20
wow i forgot. *omg plodes*

Toxen
07-12-05, 00:22
ewwww what have I said about that, look at the mess you made of the carpet

Logan_storm_03
07-12-05, 00:22
oh shit, i better clean it up before anyone walks in.

LiL T
07-12-05, 00:29
Thread merged.

BTW, this is fixed on the test server. -1 to -63 is yellow. -64 to -100 is red. Reds can be killed without penalty and will drop around 5 items. Note that final details may differ but that's what we're looking at right now.

Patch is due next week.

N

So if I was too have someone walking into my AOE on purpose and I goto -37 SL, with the new rules which are comming next week i'd still be safe to enter plaza etc ?

/edit this actully did happen to me last night, I was teamed with some people and one of them unteamed and walking into my barrel, stuff like that is just annoying. Guess you got to be carefull who you team with :rolleyes:

Tostino
07-12-05, 03:55
Yeah... Hey KK,

Fuck that, killing any player that is red anywhere should not penalize you. And the penality needs to be WAY less in the dungeon/city zones.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-12-05, 03:57
You probably won't notice because you'll be playing the Neocron N.M.E project, which may well be released tomorrow... ;)

N
Free?

Drake6k
07-12-05, 04:10
I made 3 people go red today. I ended up team killing one and got his entire belt.

Then after all of that I was barreling some mobs and someone logged in RIGHT in the middle and was instant killed. I'm -45 with 1 sympathy with my own faction now.

One of the 3 people I made go red went so because they killed me when I was -45. (thats on topic, and I do agree, very fucking stupid)

All of this was done in elfarid.

joran420
07-12-05, 10:04
well good to hear you guys are looking at revising the SL system further....I think your headed in the right dirrection

its not that hard to get back to positive sl though....

Matthew.v.smith
07-12-05, 20:43
Ahhh good the SL fix thingy should be welcome.
What's funny is, say your City Mercs or a member of the Dome, The Dome is meant to be lawless and CityMercs are meant to be like brothers to eachother (as well as mercs) so why is it when you get Red SL that they welcomely turn on you and blow you away like a common enemy?

What's also funny is the fact that (yes it's going to be fixed but anyway) killing a Red in a cave doesent only make you lose SL but also Fac Symp too, ok so my Faction is disowning me for killing an Enemy?

M.

Zeninja
07-12-05, 21:30
I'm aware losing SL by killing neg SL'd runners is an open hole to certain "pvp abuses", and takes some part of the fun, but a little voice in my head keeps on telling me "look, it's just BAD to kill allies whatever they've done in the past, especially when you have no idea about why they lost SL (they may just have lost SL by self-defense after all ?)"

Maybe we should lose SL only from killing YELLOW runners, not RED considered as dangerous criminals (this is to say < -64 on test server).

I know it's a bit hard to understand this shit for some of you supporting death penalty in their countries... but... make an effort, RL or not you're not copbots afaik :rolleyes:

http://saule.free.fr/neocron/wanted.jpg

About roleplay, the only thing that makes me lean in favour of removing SL loss from killing neg SLs, is that Neocron universe and rules are miles away from our democracies. Hmm... wait... are they ?

One last thing about RED SLs : I would be pleased of being able to loot them without the need of beeing an hacker (neptune-like), then we see who's so-called "hardcore PK" and who's the carebear.

joran420
07-12-05, 21:36
I kinda like that it makes being red a little more tolerable...maybe we will see some new "criminals"

[PiN]Fluffy
07-12-05, 21:52
Yes plz...

ZoVoS
07-12-05, 21:59
i like the sl system

=] a red apu hyb attacked our pure apu while we were driving to him. my hyb n the tank

we got to our apu on bout 10 hp. i healed up the apu just enough for him not to die. then whacked on a shelter. after that the tank caught up to n i dbed the red runner,,, n we proceded in ganking him

after hacking his belt we got about 3 protection belts n a 3-4 slot shelter which will be given to my pe ^_^

so many ppl on red sl... so much great stuf to rob