PDA

View Full Version : Switchin Slots

her.
04-12-05, 19:32
Does neone else notice that not only is it a bitch to reload but when I was fightin last ngiht I found out that before when I was simply able to scroll whell up or scroll wheel down to get to a diff slot it took me like ten scrolls for the damn thing to finally move...and it wasnt even just the scroll wheel...but also actually pressin the numbers of the slots...and I think it happens only when u are engaged in fightin cuz ti was workin fun when i was just runnin around...and no i wasnt tryin to do it while reloadin and yes I did have ammo

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 19:35
Yes. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130118)
Yes. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130085)
Yes. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130095)

her.
04-12-05, 20:05
well i didnt read the whole thread but to me that looks like a reload prob...and that isnt wut i am talkin about

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 20:06
I cant even tell what your talking about

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 20:10
well i didnt read the whole thread but to me that looks like a reload prob...and that isnt wut i am talkin about
You can't swtich to a new item when reloading. Which is what all the threads are about ultimately.

kurai
04-12-05, 21:09
You can't swtich to a new item when reloading. Which is what all the threads are about ultimately.That's true, but not what he's talking about.

I've also noticed that changing equipped item is really sluggish, even when you aren't reloading ...

Swapping around between, say, a couple of fully loaded rifles and a stealth tool or hack tool is a pain in the arse.
It's not that the swapout has got slower, not so I've noticed anyway - more that the response to keyboard or mouse input for item swap has changed.

Take an example from yesterday ... I came across some random guys belt at DRT, so buffed up and started to hack.
When I'd finished an enemy PE was about to move in on me ... swapped hacktool out for Healing Light ... mash mash mash COME ON YOU BASTARD KEYBOARD ... it finally switches, but by this time I've already lost half my health ... I take a few shots anyway but there's no way I am going to claw back the difference, so I decide to bug out ... swap to stealth ... SWAP TO STEALTH... GAAAAARGGGGHH mash mash mash Try mousewheel instead ... finally pulled the tool ... just in time to die.
>.<

That's the only instance that's actually killed me so far, but it's made things awkward quite a few times now.

vashtyphoon78
04-12-05, 22:04
i beleive some of this is called lag...

kurai
04-12-05, 22:08
This isn't network lag - there are no other delays on `remotely instanced` things going on.

It's a behaviour change.

her.
05-12-05, 00:36
no this is not lag....because it was not like this before evo 2.1 and thank you at least someone knos wut im talkin about i talked wit someone else and they noticed it too....maybe cuz everyone plays damn monks they dont really notice it too muhc...but playin on my ppu today i noticed it as well...i was tryin to give ppl heals noticin that when i pressed the heal it didnt change and i was still givin out shelters...reallly pissed me off

p.s. asur...if u dont kno wut im talkin about dont post some stupid shit like u did thxkbye

You can't swtich to a new item when reloading. Which is what all the threads are about ultimately.
if you hadnt noticed in my beginning post i clearly stated I wasnt reloadin

|R@zor|
05-12-05, 00:37
I noticed a huge difference on thursday when i first tried, but today seems to be fine so i've been putting most of it down to lag but there is something slightly different.

Vae Victis
05-12-05, 00:39
i was tryin to give ppl heals noticin that when i pressed the heal it didnt change and i was still givin out shelters...reallly pissed me offdont blame the game, u just suck at PPUing..
"ohnoez my spell wont switch lets blame the game!!!111"

lalnaab :p

p.s. thats ur punishment..
florida + nc = not good
florida + beach = very good

got it? :p

her.
05-12-05, 00:43
now now ice...lets be nice....but neway back on topic....i doubt that it is lag...may be but it neva did it before evo2.1...

p.s. florida + partyin all night every night = me :p

Vae Victis
05-12-05, 00:47
now now ice...lets be nice....but neway back on topic....i doubt that it is lag...may be but it neva did it before evo2.1...

p.s. florida + partyin all night every night = me :pofftopic :p = lucky bastard, here we got, NL + free weed = not me :(

ontopic for teh mods:
clicking mousebutton and switching at the same time dont work, if thats what you did.
i didnt have any probs with it (but then again i only played nc2.1 for 5 mins untill i realised i should cancel my acc)

her.
05-12-05, 01:38
nah thats not wut im talkin about....wither if u press the number butoon or use wheel scroll it is still slow as fuck and takes like three four times to actually switch

LTA
05-12-05, 02:01
I thought that, i had to rethink my switch to heal timing because after the reload it takes a few more seconds to actually switch through, sometimes it goes so slow i double scroll and miss the thing.

The is defo som extra delay i think because like said it wasnt like this pre evo its a real arse at the mo

her.
05-12-05, 03:50
thank you there is another one who has noticed it is well...i think this should be changed back to how it was prior to evo 2.1 as well as the reload

Genji
05-12-05, 07:10
hadnt played in a month or 2 or 3 before evo so I didn't notice anything..besides reloading and being able to do nothing for like 10 sec :(

xyl_az
05-12-05, 11:26
Its some kind of 'interface lag/sensitivity delay' - both keyboard and mouse seem to be affected by this. It seems like the mouse got additional smoothing effect and something similiar with the keyboard input.

Bugs Gunny
05-12-05, 11:31
The future of NC:

Everyone just chats, there is no longer any forms of pvp outside of neofrag.
People take great pride in their appartements and do nothing but decorate them....