PDA

View Full Version : Evol 2.1 - Faction switching

SnowCrash
04-12-05, 17:12
The changes that were applied to the soullight and faction-sympathy systems have made changing to hostile factions more difficult, in order to reduce the so-called "Faction Hopping". This primarily concerns players with high amounts of negative sympathy. In order to allow alliance and faction changes in such a case, new high-level missions will be implemented - allowing players to gain a little sympathy for other factions - despite having a negative sympathy.

To offer a quick solution to those players who are stranded with a faction-sympathy below -32 for the desired faction, a NPC is now located at Tech-Haven Sector 1 to bridge the gap until the special missions are available. This NPC allows you to switch to a desired faction for the cost of 500.000 credits. Please make sure you correctly choose your desired faction as this option is only available once per character! It is advised that you increase your faction-sympathy after you change - for example by taking out faction enemies - as faction guards also attack members of their own faction if their sympathy drops below -32. The new high-level missions will be introduced gradually over the coming weeks.

IMPORTANT: You must not be in a clan when you speak to the NPC or you will lose your one and only chance to change. Please ensure you quit your clan first.

BlackDove
04-12-05, 17:42
You rule.

Thank you and good night.

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:43
Do the guards react to runner symp or clan symp? Because that can cause issues.

Mighty Max
04-12-05, 17:47
Hmm can clanned ppl switch factions at all?

:edit: ahh thats what you meant.

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:50
They move factions, get clanned, then wander into their new HQ.

Personnally I think that people should be kicked from their faction at around -24 symp. But factionless as a state of play isn't workable atm.

Vampire222
04-12-05, 18:01
Awesome change!!! kudo's only one short term problem remains!

Sovellis
04-12-05, 18:06
well done KK, I need to get saving

Superbron
04-12-05, 19:02
nice job indeed

Logan_storm_03
04-12-05, 19:22
just what i needed. DoY here i come!

[TgR]KILLER
04-12-05, 19:27
bah just once a char.. and there me thinking i could just hop into the city and out to have a look around :p

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 19:30
KILLER']bah just once a char.. and there me thinking i could just hop into the city and out to have a look around :p
That's kinda the reason why. ;)

N

BlackDove
04-12-05, 19:53
Question though.

It's 200k more. Substantially higher.

Why exactly? To compensate for the fact that there's no need in raising sympathy with the faction you wish to change to?

I don't understand really. It could've remained 300k, remained within normal limits. After all, the money deposited in the NPC isn't going toward paying more coders who can fix this stuff. :p

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 20:21
Please note the following important information:

IMPORTANT: You must not be in a clan when you speak to the NPC or you will lose your one and only chance to change. Please ensure you quit your clan first.

N

.Cyl0n
04-12-05, 20:28
Thanks sexy snow!

http://www.pulpvintage.com/pics/items/07010103.jpg

*runs*
:angel:

BradSTL
04-12-05, 20:34
Assuming this is temporary, and our one-time chance to change factions, and since the patch 148-150 notes aren't out yet, can we get an updated chart of the new faction relations? Has anybody compiled one yet?

Jagrfelm
04-12-05, 21:41
The only Things that changed are NEXT - CA (neutral) and CM - TG (neutral) afaik.

Tratos
04-12-05, 22:51
The only Things that changed are NEXT - CA (neutral) and CM - TG (neutral) afaik.

NeXT are also neutral to TT.

More changes are coming shortly as the story moves on aswell.

Nice to see that KK has reacted very quickly to this problem from community feedback.

Good move.

Sovellis
05-12-05, 02:14
To offer a quick solution to those players who are stranded with a faction-sympathy below -32 for the desired faction, a NPC is now located at Tech-Haven Sector 1 to bridge the gap until the special missions are available.

The point im looking at here is the -32 part. What is the difference between a person having -32 symp and -31. From what I can tell there is no difference, you still cant do missions to get it higher, and killing enemies has no effect on the symp for the faction you want to join. Or am I wrong?

Mighty Max
05-12-05, 02:22
Symp raises over time if you are not below -31 iirc. Thta way you'd get at least +10 symp and therefor the ability to do missions.

sultana
05-12-05, 11:44
It is advised that you increase your faction-sympathy after you change - for example by taking out faction enemies - as faction guards also attack members of their own faction if their sympathy drops below -32.
I though you didn't gain sympathy from killing faction enemies, only soulight?

(Or was I reading the whole trouble of moving form CM to Pro City wrong?)

Superbron
05-12-05, 14:38
NeXT are also neutral to TT.

More changes are coming shortly as the story moves on aswell.

Nice to see that KK has reacted very quickly to this problem from community feedback.

Good move.
TG also neutral to BD

Sovellis
05-12-05, 15:02
I though you didn't gain sympathy from killing faction enemies, only soulight?

(Or was I reading the whole trouble of moving form CM to Pro City wrong?)

You still gain sympathy, but the sympathy only applies to the faction your currently in. Me and a few others were testing it for about an hour. SL and FS goes up at quite a rate for killing enemies in the correct zones, but the FS was only for PP (the faction Im in at the mo)

Nidhogg
07-12-05, 00:13
The symp missions are on test now and, barring any last minute problems, will be in the patch to be released next week.

N

Terror_Nonne
07-12-05, 14:59
The symp missions are on test now and, barring any last minute problems, will be in the patch to be released next week.

N
hacknetmissis too ?

Ryen
07-12-05, 15:38
I would really, really like to see factionless as a choice. Basically a group of people who are neutral to everyone and get their own place out in the middle of nowhere.

Oh wait.

[TgR]KILLER
07-12-05, 18:05
I would really, really like to see factionless as a choice. Basically a group of people who are neutral to everyone and get their own place out in the middle of nowhere.

Oh wait.

oh wait.. cm ? :p

Castoff
07-12-05, 18:28
NEXT is allied to DRE.
Neutral with all other Pro factions.
Neutral to CM.
Hostil with all ANTICITY.
---------------------------------------------------------------
CM are Neutral with every Faction.
CA are Allied with all Pro Factions except NEXT.
Neutral with CM.
Hostil with all ANTICITY.
Thats all I know ATM

venalicius
08-12-05, 01:29
Not only Cm though I played legit neutral for a while on my old char... no advantages really. it was cool not having any faction though

Vampire222
08-12-05, 13:51

N

Reload solution, monk nerf???

Sovellis
13-12-05, 11:49
Reload solution, monk nerf???

I hear that