PDA

View Full Version : Gamma fix, yet?

Starbuck
04-12-05, 05:32
Aside from jacking up the monitor's gamma, has there been a fix for the gamma yet?

I don't wanna jump back between gamma's so often. I play for an hour or so at a time and take breaks, so I do not wanna have to keep changing the monitor's gamma every time I go back to my desktop to use my browser or irc.

I remember before 2.1 there was options under the F11 setup for Gamma, Contrast, Brightness. These still exists in detail.ini at the bottom. But changing them does not make it brighter.

At the moment the game is damn near unplayable without higher gamma. It's to the point unless it's an indoor dungeon, it's too hard to see. In the "daytime" ingame it's not as bad, but when it goes "nighttime" even with max distance on, it's hard to see infront of you. But with max distance on, the new vegetation is killer on the old fps.

There's got to be away to increase this, having to squint constantly to walk 5 feet when in the Wastelands is giving me killer headaches. I'd personally rather not play at all as opposed to altering my monitor/desktop gamma every 30 minutes or so.