View Full Version : Bram's top little tip for doing the quests...

Brammers
03-12-05, 18:17
It's very simple.

Read what the NPC say's very carefully. 95% of the time, the script will tell you where to go and who to speak to.

Most NPC's will repeat the instructions if you have not completed the mission object.

Also remember to check the Mission window (F8) - that records what the NPC has said.

I'm getting a lot of PM's and DM's from people who know I've done some of the quests, and are stuck - why, because they didn't read what the NPC said!

Dribble Joy
03-12-05, 18:20
I got a PM asking why there wasn't an NPC in e_10. If he read the mission he would realise it was in e_12....

Shia
03-12-05, 20:14
lol , i give up telling ppl to read the f8 mission log cause it tells them in there , but they are adament it doesnt , so i dont even bother no more . ppl are just to damm lazy and expect every 1 else to do it for them.

-FN-
03-12-05, 20:20
I got a PM asking why there wasn't an NPC in e_10. If he read the mission he would realise it was in e_12....
IT WAS 4AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneoneone I was really tired :(

Ras Klaat
03-12-05, 20:22
yea fuk them all tbh, everyone is lazy except me tbh.
i know how to do something but fuk you if you want to know dont even think of asking me a question cause you are a nib if you dont know.

edit : w00t 50 posts, soon ill be posting with the big boys, who know all and see all ( but wont tell )

Spermy
03-12-05, 20:25
i know how to do something but fuk you if you want to know dont even think of asking me a question cause you are a nib if you dont know.

edit : w00t 50 posts, soon ill be posting with the big boys, who know all and see all ( but wont tell )

Some people think that maybe EFFORT is important. All the instructions are there.

Asurmen Spec Op
03-12-05, 20:33

Why the hell do you spell fuck "fuk"?
And I agree completely, I had no trouble doing any of the quests, people kept on asking me what to do for the regents, and I wont tell them.
If you cant figure it out
Play CS
*that was directed at the dude I quoted*

PS: SPPPERRMMMMYYYYY

CMaster
03-12-05, 20:49
Yes, it winds me up, too.
NOw bram, PM me your little vehicle making spreadsheet? Too lazy to answer that thing any other way.
But yes, read the goddamn NPC chat.

Agent L
04-12-05, 00:53
Rant about other mission, the faction changing one:
NPC sent me to F03, actually I've tried to search whole water filled zone, but with stable 5 fps I was unable to jump into this funny buildings.
kthxbye.

Brammers
04-12-05, 03:14
Yes, it winds me up, too.
NOw bram, PM me your little vehicle making spreadsheet? Too lazy to answer that thing any other way.
But yes, read the goddamn NPC chat.

:confused: Not sure how that will help you with Regents or the Terminator Quad mission.

Or is there another quest, that you found?

CMaster
04-12-05, 03:29
no, for the Christmas contest, Bram.

Scaramanga
04-12-05, 03:39
Some people can't understand the NPC all that well if they don't speak ENG/GER so bear with them.

If kk don't have the resources to host every language variant going then it's up to vets/competent people to aid gamers whose ENG/GER isnt good enough to fully understand the NPC script.

There is also the case that people new to MOGs may be playing NC. I'm sure that a little help wouldn't be unappreciated.

Not everyone was born uber.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 03:49
Some people can't understand the NPC all that well if they don't speak ENG/GER so bear with them.

If kk don't have the resources to host every language variant going then it's up to vets/competent people to aid gamers whose ENG/GER isnt good enough to fully understand the NPC script.

There is also the case that people new to MOGs may be playing NC. I'm sure that a little help wouldn't be unappreciated.

Not everyone was born uber.
Were talking about reading and basic common sense.
Honestly, I didnt have any trouble what so ever getting through the missions.

If a 15 year old can do it easy, ye can too.

Brammers
04-12-05, 07:18
no, for the Christmas contest, Bram.

Ahh, I've not even looked at that yet! :lol: Evo is keeping everyone busy.

ZoVoS
04-12-05, 10:42
im missing the first 3 letters

*kicks tratos in the shins* WHAT ARE THEY DAM U

IceStorm
04-12-05, 11:32
nc.synergyxr.net (http://nc.synergyxr.net/) hHas most of the Epic quests. Point people there. It's up!

Tratos
04-12-05, 12:18
im missing the first 3 letters

*kicks tratos in the shins* WHAT ARE THEY DAM U

I've only got the first 2 at the moment - as i cant get in game over the weekend which is a bit crap :p but still the clues are really easy :p

Scaramanga
04-12-05, 16:45
Were talking about reading and basic common sense.
Honestly, I didnt have any trouble what so ever getting through the missions.

If a 15 year old can do it easy, ye can too.

Yes Asurmen, that is correct, If anyone asks for advice and they are under 15 then it is ok. However if they older than that then they are clearly an idiot and should be shot.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 16:47
Yes Asurmen, that is correct, If anyone asks for advice and they are under 15 then it is ok. However if they older than that then they are clearly an idiot and should be shot.
I agree

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:02
What's the regants quest? The one from that CM npc?

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 17:02
What's the regants quest? The one from that CM npc?
yes love

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:04

What's the run FOR!!?

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 17:05
The woc pstiol and rifle, you get both

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:07
Ah... I thought you got them from the boss mob.

What does the run entail?

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 17:10
Ah... I thought you got them from the boss mob.

What does the run entail?
Killing some things
running past evil melee things screaming to talk to corpse
killing things
running farther past evil melee things for corpse
running even farther and corpse
killing boss for drop
going to A MINE for parts.

end

ZoVoS
04-12-05, 19:52
can u go back to them??? i though the npc;s were in game one day only?

if there still in game then thats gona be easy :D

vashtyphoon78
04-12-05, 22:07
i just redid Reagents quests...

BRAM UR TIP DOESNT WORK FOR FINDING THE GENO AMMO T.T

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 22:15
i just redid Reagents quests...

BRAM UR TIP DOESNT WORK FOR FINDING THE GENO AMMO T.Tyes, it does

CMaster
04-12-05, 22:49
yes, it does
Not really, Ive done quite a lot of investigation of "where I got the containor" and ahvent found anything useful (including going back to the box itself). I do have a big pile of junk,but I cant rec it into anything useful.

yavimaya
04-12-05, 23:12
Why the hell do you spell fuck "fuk"?
And I agree completely, I had no trouble doing any of the quests, people kept on asking me what to do for the regents, and I wont tell them.
If you cant figure it out
Play CS
*that was directed at the dude I quoted*

PS: SPPPERRMMMMYYYYY

Wont tell them? how did you find out about it? you got told right? :P
You cant do that to people assurman, not everyone is up the admins arse and gets told where everything is going to be put before they put it in. :(

Hell, people talk about "regents quest", As far is I know, its just a dungeon.
I know you wont tell me, but like everything in this game, its all hidden, do i have to search out some anonomous mission NPC?
All the high level things in the game are hidden, as new players make thier way through they need to ask, If information isnt shared, new players wouldnt even know what a "tech part" is for, and thats one of the more obvious ones.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 23:39
You cant do that to people assurman, not everyone is up the admins arse and gets told where everything is going to be put before they put it in. :(

I know you wont tell me, but like everything in this game, its all hidden, do i have to search out some anonomous mission NPC?
All the high level things in the game are hidden, as new players make thier way through they need to ask, If information isnt shared, new players wouldnt even know what a "tech part" is for, and thats one of the more obvious ones.
No one told me how to do the quests.
I walked in, saw NPC, the second I right click on him I pretent Im Asurmen in the world of neocron, and act acordingly

its gotten me through every quest Ive needed

james_finn
05-12-05, 02:07

Id like to say we dont mind telling you how to start the mission, but were not going to hold your hand all the way through it. I know for a fact that we (Phoenix) were not given any help when we did the run first on Terra, and I know that at some points brammers got it wrong!

But its these people that incessantly dm members of pheonix saying, Ive done xy and z and now what do I do, when In fact the answer that they are searching is in the mission text! Half the fun is figuring these things out yourself! Ive spent hours now searching the wasteland looking for a NPC that could be to do with the ammo - so far no luck but who knows!

- Delphi

Dribble Joy
05-12-05, 02:31
Some of the runs start in odd places, places that people don't go normally, so to get things moving along, so that content doesn't end up being discovered 6 months after it's put in, there is a few slight nudges. Quite by chance I was wandering the Zoo and came across teh bunneh, I get a Dm a few mins later and the rest is left to me.