PDA

View Full Version : New weapons

cRazy-
03-12-05, 15:06
I think it would be nice to have some new weapons put into the game, my ideas are:

Gauss weapons
For those who dont know its a weapon which uses a Magnetic linear accelerator to propel projectiles, its been a weapon in fallout tactics.

I think a pistol rifle and cannon version of gauss weapons would be great as another low-tech rare weapon.

Light gun
This weapon, which ive just made up, uses a series of photon accelerators and prisms to concentrate high energy spectrum visible light into a beam of some sort.

Another idea is a special pistol/rifle/cannon which is an EMP weapon. It does a LOT of damage against mechanical mobs, but next to no damage against living creatures, this could be used against the ever increasing number of doy bots, warbots and other things, but it is hard to get.

Just some idea's, i have not thought through the implications etc im just using my imagination.

=REMUS=
03-12-05, 17:12
Gauss weapons
For those who dont know its a weapon which uses a Magnetic linear accelerator to propel projectiles, its been a weapon in fallout tactics.

I think a pistol rifle and cannon version of gauss weapons would be great as another low-tech rare weapon.

otherwise known as a rail gun, and it wouldn't be low-tech since it would require an energy powersource to fuel the electromagnetic field required to propell the said metallic projectile.

I think this could be an alternative to the sniper rifle since we really only have one rifle in that class.

Light gun
This weapon, which ive just made up, uses a series of photon accelerators and prisms to concentrate high energy spectrum visible light into a beam of some sort.

So, basically a laser...

Another idea is a special pistol/rifle/cannon which is an EMP weapon. It does a LOT of damage against mechanical mobs, but next to no damage against living creatures, this could be used against the ever increasing number of doy bots, warbots and other things, but it is hard to get.

I wouldn't mind a woc leveling weapon, but I doubt they would ever bother somehow for so many reasons.

It's been said a thousand times, why don't we have some rare gattleing weapons? Duel pistols/melee weapons?

Smart rocket systems: A variation on a theme, does slightly less damage and less aoe but the rocket is guided like a rocket drone.

Plasma launcher: Fires a grenade like projectile which explodes into a PSI barrel. Could also have a hand held version?

Autorifle and Autocannon: A variation on the gattleing weapons, fully automatic like the autopistol not burst fire.

Tikuto
03-12-05, 17:13
I think it would be nice to have some new weapons put into the game, my ideas are:

Gauss weapons

Light gun

Just some idea's, i have not thought through the implications etc im just using my imagination.

Gauss Rifle.
PlanetSide, anyone? :wtf:

I'm thinking more ways of PSI beings used, to become balanced with the new Rifle/Cannon Reload Times.
It meets sense and logic to not carry Rifles and Cannons around the city, in a type of modern (real-life) way. o_O

=REMUS=
03-12-05, 17:15
But its not even a simulation of real life so don't bother making comparisons man.

n3m
03-12-05, 18:51
Gauss Rifle.
PlanetSide, anyone? :wtf:

More like, Half Life anyone?

I like those, and the plasma launcher. Much shorter duration than the psi barrel though.
Light gun is, like Remus said basically a laser.

Spermy
03-12-05, 19:16
More like, Half Life anyone?

I like those, and the plasma launcher. Much shorter duration than the psi barrel though.
Light gun is, like Remus said basically a laser.

More like, real life anyone? Geez.

Rather than diss his ideas, how about doing something constructive. :o

Pertaining to the ideas, I think the TL ladder is already chock full at the moment there really is only a few levels between each one as it stands. As for variety, very few people care what weapon they have - as long as it's the best, so even having it as a rare wouldn't be too much use.

Personally I like the thought of variety.

n3m
03-12-05, 19:25
Even better, how about reading.. :rolleyes:
Half Life was out before Planetside, HENCE the 'more like Half Life'.
I said I like the ideas, however the light gun idea is basically the same as a laser.

Spermy
03-12-05, 19:35
Even better, how about reading.. :rolleyes:
Half Life was out before Planetside, HENCE the 'more like Half Life'.
I said I like the ideas, however the light gun idea is basically the same as a laser.

The constructive bit wasn't really aimed at you :p

The half-life bit was a in my opinion DAMN SILLEH! it seemed a bit tit for tat really.

Rather than new weapons - how about a freezer rework?

Rabiator
03-12-05, 20:36
A Gauss rifle would be nice, maybe in place of the AK47.
Because the AK47 in real life is not exactly a super-high end weapon :p. Introducing it on the level of the existing rares seems somehow wrong. I would expect it to be something mid-level, like a Tangent Assault Rifle maybe.

Dominus
03-12-05, 20:51
The AK is a good weapon none the less, but yeah it's out of place..

Rail weapons would be FTW. Some high powered/high TL street rifle equivilant would be very nice.

n3m
03-12-05, 21:10
The constructive bit wasn't really aimed at you :p

The half-life bit was a in my opinion DAMN SILLEH! it seemed a bit tit for tat really.

Rather than new weapons - how about a freezer rework?
Fair enough :p

Always thought freezers should do damage like fire, and since it's basically in the same category it wouldn't hurt to have fire resist, resist freezers.
Not those fucked up glueing capabilities.

naimex
03-12-05, 21:15
Fair enough :p

Always thought freezers should do damage like fire, and since it's basically in the same category it wouldn't hurt to have fire resist, resist freezers.
Not those fucked up glueing capabilities.

so youre saying that a gun called a freezer should do fire damage...

what the fuck makes that a logical thing??

freezer... as in cold, stand still, unable to move, shaking, stunned

and

fire... as in hot, moving, duck, roll, scream, run around in a circle.

they're total opposites and you want them to make sense being the same thing :S

but yea, they could have called the guns "tazers" instead of freezers..

n3m
03-12-05, 21:19
Yeah, they're on the same scale where I live.

And since I doubt they'll add freeze resist or that freezers would ever change.. It's better than the glue effect we all love.

Dominus
03-12-05, 21:22
Nah freezers should do fire damage.

It's the logical thing (And scientific) approach.

giga191
03-12-05, 21:49
they still haven't released all of 2.1. i think

Obsidian X
04-12-05, 04:35
I'd love to see a Pulse-laser cannon (like the HC equiv of a slasher or Disruptor) among other things.

sultana
04-12-05, 04:48
so youre saying that a gun called a freezer should do fire damage...

what the fuck makes that a logical thing??
So cold it burns :lol:

naimex
04-12-05, 05:25
So cold it burns :lol:

now you mention it, i didnt tihnk of that..

but...

thats just nerves fucking up because its beyond the range they are "designed" to surive.

its like when you try to measure voltage/ampere/ohms with a meter thingy, sometimes you can get "malfunctioning" numbers that show something its absolutely not..

when something cold feels like its burning, then it means that its bad for you and you can cause severe damage to the place where you have that feeling...

anyways as to return, yea i guess the "feeling" you get from it can be enough to classify it as fire..

but then id rather have resist psi be = to resist shock..

since if we look at the gun its either something cold or something shocking..

but anyways its a nerve attack to make us feel pain so we cant move and such, incapacitate peeps..

but resist psi, could be interpreted as resist psionic attacks, or if we try to interpretate psionic, mental thing..

now nerves send little information thingies from themselves to the brain and the brain interpretes them into what they are or atleast feel like they are..

now if resist psi was thought of as resist mental feelings or mental powers..

then resist psi could be interpreted as a way of controlling your nerves so you wouldnt feel the shock or such and hence not be or atleast be less affected by attacks of that sort, like shock...

sort of like the description of a tank is...

unable to feel pain, without emotions to make them ruthless killers and less open to love and hate and regret and such, and without mind so they can be easily controlled.

but.. with mental powers... (psionic powers) you can learn to control your state of mind, and the mind controls the body..

so by doing this...

resist psi would have to :

-reduce parashock effect and duration (cuz you cant feel pain and hence cant be shocked by the pain that shock is).

-reduce damageboost effect and duration (i cant really explain this cuz i dont know how damageboost actually boosts damage.. i mean does it make holes in your armor, some metal-degrading bacteria attack, or is it a flesh eating virus that makes the body more fragile :S i cant explain it so i cant explain why i think it should be affected by this, but i do).

-reduce stamina drain (since you wouldnt be able to feel exhaustion and such, you wouldnt lose stamina as fast).

rob444
04-12-05, 09:33
cRazy might be crazy, but this idea is cRazy good! 5*