PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Professions (And a few other questions)

Messenjah
03-12-05, 14:08
I've been reading a bunch of things about this game and haven't seen anything to answer my question sufficiently. I might just be being thick, as I've been awake for too long, but is it possible to have multiple professions and be 'good' at all of them? I was thinking of going an assasin/hacker, but if it means I suck badly at both, I don't want to do that.

Also, can you "respec" in this game? I come from World of Warcraft, where you can pay money to reset your skill points. Is it possible to, say, after leveling my character, reset my skill points and take up other professions and/ or reset my skills in other places as well? (Dex/Str/Con, etc)

Napalm82
03-12-05, 14:27
Anything is possible, my pistol PE can implant, recycle and hack.
You wont suck if you spec for multiple skills, you might just not be able to cap the highest weapon, however i havent been in NeoCron for quite a while (Just started again) so i am unsure, I guess it all depends on how much hacking you want and your class.

And yes, there are LOM pills (Loss of memory) which gives you 5 points back in the skill (Ex: Hacking LOM pill) however, they give synaptic impairment and you loose a % of your XP (Which you can easily recover by shooting a few mobs) if you want a full reset of skills its gonna cost a lot and take an awful lot of time.

- Nap

Messenjah
03-12-05, 14:47
Ok, thanks a lot. This game sounds very unique, and I'm sick of WoW. I've been playing it for almost 8 months; almost constantly for the past two. I'm getting bored with the whole game mechanic, so I thought I'd try something different. I've heard City of Heros gets boring fast, so I won't bother with that for now.

Neocron sounds awesome.

Another question: Is there something like WoW's Auction House? Is there somewhere you can put up stuff (weapons, recycled gear, etc) for sale, or do you have to sit around in Plaza 1 spamming "WTS <insert item here>"?

CMaster
03-12-05, 15:14
Well, you can spam trade, or use the ingame forums, but yeah, spamming is the way to sell stuff.

Messenjah
03-12-05, 15:21
Bugger. That sounds like lots of... fun. Ingame forums sound cool, though.

Napalm82
03-12-05, 15:25
However at SOME point (Shakes fist at KK :p ) you can get your own NPC vendor to sell your stuff.

But it havent hear any news about it for a loooong time.

- Nap