PDA

View Full Version : Rifler issues

krynstone
03-12-05, 09:41
Hey everyone. I play a dedicated Rifler and I'm thinking we need to up the strength of riflers. Pistolers can move about the world and deal damage much easier than riflers can because of the lack of reticle. Pistolers can hide/dodge behind terrain very easily so they can still hunt mobs like WB etc. I do that all the time as a rifler. Mobbing like that is fine but PvP sucks. I think rifles in general need to be more powerful because of the reticle thing. With the problem of a massive multiplayer (netcode etc) game it's pretty hard for even an experienced rifler to keep the reticle aimed once in battle. The point to riflers I think should be first strike. To facilitate that I think that riflers should get a special time based damage bonus for "locking on". You go through the normal reticle focus time then about 5 seconds later you get a red "Double Damage" reticle. My gut instinct, initially, was to say "get rid of the reticle and add headshots". But that gets rid of the RolePlaying purpose. I like the idea of giving a special double damage focus bonus instead. This would definitely promote the ranged first strike capability of a rifler. As far as I can see, every other class (other than PE) has a well defined niche in battle. But we riflers are sorely lacking in being useful in combat. This would not affect those PainEaser riflers who love in your face battle but would actually make sniping worth it in/before battle.

Skusty
03-12-05, 11:21
Dissie + redflash + beast + nightspider + goodstr setup = death

Terayon
03-12-05, 11:34
I have played both pistols and rifles alot in neocron and used every of both and i can say that overall rifles are a bit easier to aim then pistols.

TBH i think most rifles are completely fine for damage.