PDA

View Full Version : Vegitation idea

cRazy-
02-12-05, 23:43
If were going to have lots of tall grass and tree's etc lets make it useful.

How about when someones in tall grass where they cant be seen they cant be targeted, and vise-versa when the guy is in the grass trying to target people not in cover. Also make it the same for mobs.

My second idea is using the grass for stealth, so when you go into the swamp for example with that tall grass nearby mobs dont notice you and dont fire, and inturn you cant just use your crosshair like a radar and wait until it catches a mob. But if you've been seen before you make it to the grass then the mob can target and hit you no matter where you go.

I think it would be good to be able to use the enviroment in PvP and PvE.

Cerbious
03-12-05, 00:13
sounds like a good idea.. i havent been to many places in wastes since evo due to time, but is the long grass there when u have vegitation on 0, if so cool beans.. if not this adds advantages for players who have it on nothing.

Zeninja
03-12-05, 00:20
sounds like a good idea.. i havent been to many places in wastes since evo due to time, but is the long grass there when u have vegitation on 0, if so cool beans.. if not this adds advantages for players who have it on nothing.
On the other hand, disabling vegetation distance would result in adding advantages for people who owns newest gaming machines.

But it would be so cool (especially when coupled with the removal of "local" runners list)

-FN-
03-12-05, 00:27
That would require bounding boxes, collision detection, and a number of other environment calculations... the reason it runs so well now is because of the way DirectX renders everything I think... while cool, adding those features would be a heavy burden on the engine methinks.