PDA

View Full Version : Soullight crap again

Drake6k
02-12-05, 23:41
I'm Black Dragon 61/65

I killed a friend who is Biotech 0/2.

I lost 50 black dragon sympathy and -45 soul light.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Nidhogg
02-12-05, 23:43
Where did you kill him?

N

elGringo
02-12-05, 23:47
my bet: a dungeon sector or his appartment! (depeneds on wether your 0/2 "friend" was a lil symp-whore :p)

Drake6k
02-12-05, 23:50
My apartment *looks down very sad*

What does that mean? I mean, why 50 BD sympathy :( that is so cruel

This person was a friend about to reroll

fschepper
02-12-05, 23:52
But why did he loose BD symp?
He should have lost BT Symp....

elGringo
02-12-05, 23:56
But why did he loose BD symp?
He should have lost BT Symp....

right .. possibly a typo? ..or did you really loose bd symp? 8|

Drake6k
03-12-05, 00:01
right .. possibly a typo? ..or did you really loose bd symp? 8|

No, I really did lose BD symp. I went from 75 to 25
Biotech symp went down too, but I dont care about that.

Tratos
03-12-05, 00:44
Its because it was his appartment.

Apartment Sector
Apartments are monitored in the interest of general order. You will be heavily penalized for killing friendly, neutral or enemy runner.
And so your faction got pissed at you.

Photcron
03-12-05, 00:57
See now -that- would have been nice to see at the login screen. -Not- some silly Christmas contest ...

--
Photcron

giga191
03-12-05, 01:12
i think it's good enough that it says what happens to SL everytime you enter a new zone...

eprodigy
03-12-05, 02:56
SL changes suck. until its viable to fight enemies...

if i find anyone or group without 12 PPU's I consider my day in NC blessed; i cant afford to differentiate allies and enemies..

solling
03-12-05, 03:10
hopefully now people will kill their enemies in stead of running around the city zoneing and shooting allies

Vae Victis
03-12-05, 03:16
hopefully now people will kill their enemies in stead of running around the city zoneing and shooting alliesuntil now, pro city had no intention fighting anti, cuz they always show up with 100+ PPUs and zerg pro.

now ppl actually have to search and kill enemies, which is a good thing I suppose (says ally killer #1...)

Ghard
03-12-05, 04:22
You wana sit on a zoneline and shoot friendlies well get your ass to doy and lets have a ball.

seriousaly though as a TT runner who was half way geting to FA (27 fs) i tried killing a nib biotech player in my apartment now sl i dont care abourt at them moment yeah its gona take 100 hours of siting to get it up or some actual work what i care about is the fact that as a pro city i cant seam to get any FA fs.

how do we get into doy i know theres the stupir rezzas finest mission but i tried talking to the npc one and she wouldnt speak to me (i assume this is a bug and not how its intended) also those bots are way to hard for something like switching sides because you need a team ( did it with a pe an apu 2 tanks and 3 ppu's in a few hours on a fa char bah).

the mission to switch factions should be long drawn out and hard but should be doable solo or with the help of 1 (one) other person as having to mobalise an entire clan to get someone across is imo stupid.

oh and ignore the spelling and grammer if you cant read it dont.

eprodigy
03-12-05, 04:39
do i want to sit at synclines killing allies? no.

is there any other choice except fighting zergloads of monks now? no.

Mr Kot
03-12-05, 04:56
I see people have discovered the other new feature. If you kill somebody you shouldn't, like an ally or someone levelling in a dungeon, not only do you lose craploads of symp with your victim's faction, but your own faction will be annoyed with you for such a criminal act. And no more of the piddling -5 drops you used to get, expect your 50 odd symp to drop to -20 odd or whatever if you're naughty.

I wonder if there will be anybody left with FSM access before the week is out?

Selling lvl 3 combat eyes on my 100 SL char -- DM :D

Drake6k
03-12-05, 08:58
If no one was listening. I killed an enemy runner in my own apartment and went -35 and lost 50 faction sympathy with my own faction.

That is fucking stupid.

Mighty Max
03-12-05, 09:47
How would your faction explain that its members are killing a friendly faction? They have to sanction that or go onto open war with that faction. - Politics

If you have really friendly (fun) kills, show that: Team up!

retr0n
03-12-05, 12:45
I see people have discovered the other new feature. If you kill somebody you shouldn't, like an ally or someone levelling in a dungeon, not only do you lose craploads of symp with your victim's faction, but your own faction will be annoyed with you for such a criminal act.

Yes, indeed, I'm sure factions such as Black Dragon would care about it's
members comitting criminal acts...

RogerRamjet
03-12-05, 13:11
The problem with the new SL is that if you defend yourself (as me and a friend did in Regants) you lose SL. One nice big drop to -44 SL *GG* ^^^^^^

Koast
03-12-05, 13:26
(disclaimer: did not read any replies.)

Hey, that's what you get just suck it up. However, that's just my 2 cents. I was a hardcore PKer since back in oct 98 of UO. I lost items etc. all the time, However, I never complained about the system. If you are a true PvPer. You won't mind the faction loss for PKing (to those who don't know PKing - player killing.) Preferrably one of the same "alliance" as you. Just suck it up. It's just a game don't make to big of a deal out of it, unless you are out to win 1st place and win $100,000 USD.

solling
03-12-05, 13:33
i think its perfectly fine to kill all enemies everywhere without any form of sl loss

not being able to kill enemies certain places is kinda silly
this is a dark cyperpunk world its shoot enemies or be shot everywhere not omg i jstu stepped 2 feet in a hunting zone haha now u cant kill me tho i can also see why its done since all the chaos caves are under anti control so im sure a lot of people can lvl there in peace now if they make it there

tho i think its GREAT the penalty for killing allies and neutrals in certain places that will teach all the alied gankers to be more carefull

Koast
03-12-05, 13:52
i think its perfectly fine to kill all enemies everywhere without any form of sl loss

not being able to kill enemies certain places is kinda silly
this is a dark cyperpunk world its shoot enemies or be shot everywhere not omg i jstu stepped 2 feet in a hunting zone haha now u cant kill me tho i can also see why its done since all the chaos caves are under anti control so im sure a lot of people can lvl there in peace now if they make it there

tho i think its GREAT the penalty for killing allies and neutrals in certain places that will teach all the alied gankers to be more carefull

(disclaimer: did not read any replies, and probably drunk.)

Just the change to comfort the carebears more. It's a suprise this hasn't happened sooner. Alot of carebears have taken over many other MMORPG's as well.

Agent L
04-12-05, 01:09
If no one was listening. I killed an enemy runner in my own apartment and went -35 and lost 50 faction sympathy with my own faction.

That is fucking stupid.
I'm not saying the system is perfect. It isn't even ok.
[ edited ] When you enter apt, it says that you will be "heavily penalized" for killing friendly, neutral and enemy. So what'd you expected?