PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness

Dogface
02-12-05, 21:07
ok, who here absolutely loves the darkness? (not the stupid band :rolleyes: ) but the in-game darkness that everyone had when they started 2.1 for the first time? i think it should stay like that really. but not THAT dark, but dark enough so the use of torches is handy.
i was running around the sewer tunnels that lead to the secret BD faction office thing and it was like i was playing doom or something ! i was in first person running around with a torch and it just felt like a real dangerous atmosphere. even though theres nothing down there !
please keep the darkness ! but tone it down a bit.. or up.. :wtf: torches need some loving :D

Ozzon
02-12-05, 21:16
I love it, hoping that flashlights will be useful someday. We need more areas that
force players to use some light sources, they don't need to take space in your QB, as everyone except monks can mount flashlights on guns... :)

Logan_storm_03
02-12-05, 21:31
tbh i agree. I like the more gritty feel to it now.

Suh Duke
02-12-05, 21:45
I changed my gamma from 2.7 to 3.7. so boohoo. I can see again!

n3m
02-12-05, 22:15
Can't change gamma in the ini files, then?

SyncError
02-12-05, 22:56
The new lighting effects are something I'm surprised does not have a huge positive thread here in the Community Talk. I absolutely love to look of the new lighting. I was out hunting warbots with the misses last night and even all the old mobs and her PA looked like new models because of how dramatic the lighting made everything look.

I'm highly impressed and love it. While it's not as gorgious as Debbie herself, I welcome the romantic candlelight effect it brings.

Opar
02-12-05, 22:59
Awwww, I was expecting a thread about the band, too. Off to see them in February. MWAHAHAHAHAH.

BUt yah, I don't like the brightness thats going on in 2.1, it's.... icky.