PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes #151

SnowCrash
02-12-05, 17:09
medikits & drugs in quickslots are now usable again during weapon reload
added some missing soundfiles
fixed some missing/wrong decals
fixed RPOS safeslot graphics to reflect the SL system changes (safeslot disabled below SL=-32 now)
CityCom/Neocronicle will work correctly again
decreased maximum range of various Hacknetsoftware
fixed "Scary Terrormauler" respawn problem

BlackDove
02-12-05, 17:11
Thanks.

Patch notes for 149-150 in the works yet?

PureSpider
02-12-05, 17:15
[...]

[...]

omfg why?

Skusty
02-12-05, 17:15
SOmething is missing in that list....decrased reloadtime! :rolleyes:

Brammers
02-12-05, 17:16

Nooo!!!! That range fix that was applied in Evo m2.1 yesterday made hacknet worth it again! Have to see how bad it is.

DARK_Overfiend
02-12-05, 17:16
it might be suposed to be like that Skusty u dont know.... they might want to screw us all up in PVP cos of relaod time.

PureSpider
02-12-05, 17:17
Nooo!!!! That range fix that was applied in Evo m2.1 yesterday made hacknet worth it again! Have to see how bad it is.
fully agree!

Ryen
02-12-05, 17:17
Can something PLEASE be done about the reloading times soon? I would like to see them stay, but something happen to the monks to balance the problem. Like I suggested in other threads, maybe if you would cause psi-boosters to act as clips (example : Monks cannot use spells until the psi booster is finished) and increase the time it takes for them to finish their pool increase, everything should balance out fairly well.

Edit: Hacknet software should be increased in range, since it's annoying as fuck attacking something then having it float away to an unreachable part of the database.

Vampire222
02-12-05, 17:18
Ye, reload is definately ********, their on the right path with the patching now, but they gotta do stuff the public wants...

RogerRamjet
02-12-05, 17:18
medikits & drugs in quickslots are now usable again during weapon reload

Does that mean you can hit reload and change to another weapon immediately?

Otherwise the end is certainly nigh for reticle classes.

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 17:19
Reload times are fine, but want to be able to pull something else when you are doing it. Ie. back to before.

DARK_Overfiend
02-12-05, 17:20
that would prolly be a NO , u cant but ur able to heal and use drugs while reloading..... lol

darkservent
02-12-05, 17:22
scary terrormauler, Where can I find them.

CMaster
02-12-05, 17:23
Reload times are fine, but want to be able to pull something else when you are doing it. Ie. back to before.

Bah, being able to heal/s/d whatever at the same time as reloading was stupid. I whored it something silly, but it always felt ridiculous. Sure, there are plenty of problems with how it is now, but it can be balanced.

retr0n
02-12-05, 17:24
Just a quick question, are you guys looking into the reload times at all or are the
current ones "set in stone" so to say...

If you have no plans to alter the reload times, then are you going to be doing
anything about monks, and by monks i mean apus?

If no to both then I guess it's monk-o-cron forever now =/

RogerRamjet

No, theyre not fine. It takes about 10 seconds to reload a CS. In combat with an APU that will be devastating (obviously, because of no reticle + no reload time). I know its not "realistic", but if the change isnt made i think its safe to expect completely monk exclusive pvp almost.

Drake6k
I hope the decal fix will fix the fucked up decals in the BD epic apartment.

Logan_storm_03
02-12-05, 17:27
half the reload times and we are talking busness.

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 17:30
Bah, being able to heal/s/d whatever at the same time as reloading was stupid. I whored it something silly, but it always felt ridiculous. Sure, there are plenty of problems with how it is now, but it can be balanced.
Stupid or not, reorganising dmg/things would be a pain and going by past experience, a bad thing, so I say bring it back, much less hassle.

No, theyre not fine. It takes about 10 seconds to reload a CS. In combat with an APU that will be devastating (obviously, because of no reticle + no reload time). I know its not "realistic", but if the change isnt made i think its safe to expect completely monk exclusive pvp almost.
If you swap out then the reload time is irrelevant.

RogerRamjet
02-12-05, 17:34
If you swap out then the reload time is irrelevant.

Swap out to what? My heal?

Logan Tyrus
02-12-05, 17:43
Epilepsy warning when its loading up :)
KK really do listen :p

Slynis
02-12-05, 17:45
lets just put it up this way, no class with a decent setup dies to one mag of any weapon except for maybe the rolh or the beam of hell with their huge mag sizes.
the way it was before made it possible for example a tank to beat a so called blessed hybrid. nowadays if u make a blessed hyb or a apu hybrid u can take out all reticle aiming people with no problem. i guess u could counter it with filling up your quickbelt with weapons and nothing else but who wanna carry around 9 rares thats not in a safeslot ?

just put it back to what it was before, i dont think ive heard anyone complain about it before.

sl33py
02-12-05, 17:46
Epilepsy warning when its loading up :)
KK really do listen :p
where did you read that?? you must have different patch notes then i do

Tratos
02-12-05, 18:02
where did you read that?? you must have different patch notes then i do
Load the game and you will see.

n3m
02-12-05, 18:05
The splash screen, loading screen actually, now has a epilepsy warning.

//edit
He can't though, he's waiting for his pc ;)

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 18:43
decreased maximum range of various Hacknetsoftwarewasn't hacknet already nerfed beyond all functionality? You try killing an OP attacker running from the bottom portal to the term at the top with a holy shelter running. The netcode in there is a joke too.

fixed "Scary Terrormauler" respawn problem Good news, but are they dropping Greg's medkits correctly now?

Tratos
02-12-05, 20:05
Just to add - any news on notes for 147-150?

Would be nice to see what has been tweaked.

Seezur001
02-12-05, 20:18
Sigh...I'm disappointed with NC2.1. Glad I didnt actually pay for this.

The Alt Tab issue needs to be fixed with the game locking up, the reloading times, and the ability to switch to different weapons during reload.

Codrum
02-12-05, 21:32
Who would win in a fair fight(no surprise advantage) between a APU, with HL and FA, and a HC Tank, with heat CS and Dev? Neither one having buffs on, other than their own. And how often would they win?
I believe the tank would win 80% of the time, if not more.
I think the problem most people have is when they think APU, they're thinking apu+ppu, which if you're by yourself running around and you run into an enemy apu-ppu team, of course they are going to slaughter you. But an apu by himself is relatively weak, a few shots from the heat CS would kill the apu if he's wearing a poison belt, or, a few shots from a dev would drop him when wearing a fire belt. Tanks can hold their own vs a HL or FA pretty well from their armor and high con resists.
Now a APU vs a SPY, I would say the APU has quite a bit of an advantage, but Spys are supposed use the surprise advantage from their stealth to even it out, how much of a surprise depends on the situation.
A good PE vs anyone wins 95% of the time, because good damage dealt, high resists/heal, and great speed = ownage to everyone.

These new reload times arent that bad, maybe they can shorten them a bit, but they're not going to halve them, KK worked too hard and too long on the new models and animations to just butcher them and throw them away. I think they even it out a bit. But I havent done any pvp yet on my monk since 2.1 to see if there is a big difference, but I do have a rifle spy and a HC tank and i have tested the new animations, they are cool, but they do not come close to unbalancing the game in favor of monks.

RogerRamjet
02-12-05, 22:20
You shouldnt have to carry 2 rares to fight an APU.

Simple.

Selendor
02-12-05, 22:42
My items are all blurry in my quickbelt and my rpos armour / implant windows. Running in 1280x1020 resolution. Seems a new problem since 151. There isn't a bug thread so I'll post it here.

Also, running the game in dx9 you usually can't move the mouse after alt+tabbing (until you press windows key) now I can. Don't know if that is relevant.

nobody2004
03-12-05, 02:57
My items are all blurry in my quickbelt and my rpos armour / implant windows. Running in 1280x1020 resolution. Seems a new problem since 151. There isn't a bug thread so I'll post it here.

Same here in 1920x1200 ATI dx9.

Also, running the game in dx9 you usually can't move the mouse after alt+tabbing (until you press windows key) now I can. Don't know if that is relevant.

Same here too.

Actually, after alt+tabbing out of the game, you can/need to alt+tab again to any open application, and then you can move to mouse cursor again.

Codrum
03-12-05, 04:04
You shouldnt have to carry 2 rares to fight an APU.

Simple.

Lazy huh? I see... ;)

Mystic-Crusader
03-12-05, 10:09
Have a certain time that stops apus/ppus taking booster after booster.

- if they miss HAB or Rezz etc they r screwed. It will make apus think more of what they r doing, it's still point and click but if they do miss something with large pool cost, like HAB they r fucked. PPU's can't heal more than 1-2 ppl coz they will run out of psi pool too fast and then their fucked.

Unsure about the time between boosters maybe 10-20 secs i don't play monk so i don't know.

The reload is fine, i've dropped a few apus and they've dropped me its normal imo.

sultana
03-12-05, 12:01
You know parashock is silly to, as are many thing revolving around the ppu monk. Yet for whatever reason, they chose to do this?

Who would win in a fair fight(no surprise advantage) between a APU, with HL and FA, and a HC Tank, with heat CS and Dev? Neither one having buffs on, other than their own. And how often would they win?
When you say a "fair" fight, I assume you mean back-to-back, 20 metres apart. The apu has a range on their spells for a reason.

RogerRamjet
03-12-05, 13:14
Lazy huh? I see... ;)

No, just thinking with a bit of common sense ;)

DARK_Overfiend
03-12-05, 17:35
that warning just there incase of other noobs running round wid flashlights out , shining that light all over the place blinding ever f*er. lol

SizZLeR
05-12-05, 18:34

Agree, but i think what they mean is, that u shd be able to draw for example a heal while reloading and the it will cancel the reload if u do.

Yesterday i was on my tank usin g the RAV and its very uncool when u start reloading at the same time a WB spawns next to u, cause with the wep drawn, u cant run too fast and then the WB elec shock u, making it almost impossible to move until the wep is reloaded and u can lower and draw your heal.

So being able to cancel the reload in order to do something else is fine by me. :D

Vryce
05-12-05, 21:55
scary terrormauler, Where can I find them.

Try looking around Tescom/Escador.
Watch out for DoY bots, if you're pro (more fun than Terrormaulers). :p

xyl_az
12-12-05, 11:49
Dont know if its a known bug, but there is a wrong description at the stairs/lift sector of MB - it says battlefield sector, while its a city sector (i think). Spotted on neptune.

additionally, most if not all the rifles are now impossible to aim with 1st person mode due to incredibly high recoil (missing like 7/10 shots in 1st person mode, 1/10 in 3rd)

/edit/
i didnt know where to put this info as Evo 2.1 bug thread was closed o_O, so i had to choose between content information (and i hope, this is NO content) and a 151 patchnotes thread.

Still no info about earlier patchnotes btw?

zii
14-12-05, 01:47
Bug report: Cannot change to other items, like TL-3 heal, while my CS is reloading. Result is I stand still and get shot. Its like a self-induced parashock.

PureSpider
14-12-05, 15:41
Bug report: Cannot change to other items, like TL-3 heal, while my CS is reloading. Result is I stand still and get shot. Its like a self-induced parashock.
this is NOT a bug!

kurai
14-12-05, 16:15
Reload related bug :-

When you hit the reload key even if it is unsuccessful (no ammo available, weapon wrecked, don't meet usage reqs) there is no animation, but you still cant switch to anything else in QB for 5 seconds.

Incredibly annoying :mad: