PDA

View Full Version : Faction symp + switching Faction post evo

wargolem
02-12-05, 14:29
Hey, im sure u all know that the faction system and symp system has changed. However i see a major major flaw with this system and im going to post it here

If you start as Pro city then it will be next to impossible to switch to anti city, same as if u start as anti city it will be next to impossible to switch to pro city.

The reason of this is beacuse killing allied/neutral npcs now results in no faction sympathy gain only a LOSS of sympathy with that faction and a massive soul light hit(lost 75 sl last night for 1 neutral npc kill). So when u already start with neg symp to all anti city factions it will be close to impossible to switch.

The only possible loop hole is to go from pro/anti city to CM and then wait for your symp to reach +8 so you can start missions but that would take a very long time and i doubt intended.

1 last thing is that for it to be possible to do several epics on 1 char u really need to start as city mercs so you have the ability to switch between both pro and anti city.(cm starts with every faction neutral so +8 in each faction).

Is this intended? is there an easier way? can i perhaps get a gm response?

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 15:10
There's already a thread about this.

Your points are correct. If you want to join a faction in the future, you shouldn't kill any of it's members in the present.

Here's my post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1909534#post1909534) on the matter.

wargolem
02-12-05, 15:20
your post is useless i need a proper answer but thanks for trying. I know there will be away does anyone have infro on the "apparent" quest to join either tg or ca?

Asurmen Spec Op
02-12-05, 15:24
your post is useless i need a proper answer but thanks for trying. I know there will be away does anyone have infro on the "apparent" quest to join either tg or ca?
Why would you expect an easy way to do that?

forcefullpower
02-12-05, 15:30
I need to move my tank from city mercs to City.

What is the quickest way to do this.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-12-05, 15:32

What is the quickest way to do this.
Is your city faction negative?

wargolem
02-12-05, 15:53
Why would you expect an easy way to do that?

not easy but achievable in a day or so, nc isnt a rp game for all of us :P

-FN-
02-12-05, 19:53
Personally - I think there should be a very in-depth quest in each alliance that exposes some of the traitoristic attitudes of each side. And then, once the quest is completed, you are invited to either TG/CA, but somehow it leaves you factionless for, say, 24 hours. So you can't just go bouncing around a couple times a day.

wargolem
03-12-05, 02:47
like i said nc isnt a rp game for all of us, alot of us wanna play to proove skills, gain repuation, fight op wars etc. Seeing as 100s of runners have just come back to try it and are all in diff factions, it would be sensible to allow them to switch to meet back up with there friends

that is ofc if KK want them to resubscribe :P

Asurmen Spec Op
03-12-05, 03:14
not easy but achievable in a day or so, nc isnt a rp game for all of us :P
Unfortunatly its a MMORPG with FPS ellements, expect to be forced to conform to the RPG first :)

Vae Victis
03-12-05, 03:31

What is the quickest way to do this.kill fekking TGs
god was that a serious question?

Sovellis
03-12-05, 04:07
If you are an PRO faction and you want to move to another PRO faction, the only way to do it is to do missions to get that 50 symp. However, if the faction you want to move to is in negative numbers, you are, for lack of a better word, s.c.r.e.w.e.d.

If someone knows if its do-able let me know fgs

Xiphias
03-12-05, 04:28
yup, sympathies just don't go up at all on any account.

When a Pro-city kills an Anti-city in a city zone, his sympathies don't move up but he soul light goes up.

When a Anti-city kills a Pro-city in a city zone, his sympathies don't move up but he soul light goes up.

When a Pro-city kills a Pro-city in a city zone, his sympathies don't move up but he soul light goes up.

When a Anti-city kills a Anti-city in a city zone, his sympathies don't move up but he soul light goes up.

except my PPU, whos sympathies OR soul light doesn't respond, (my PPU has had negative soul light for months, so maybe this has something to do with it - perhaps the soul light won't because it was bad pre 2.1)

wargolem
03-12-05, 18:18
yup, sympathies just don't go up at all on any account.

which is exactly why KK need to fix symp and sl soon!

Spermy
03-12-05, 19:19
like i said nc isnt a rp game for all of us, alot of us wanna play to proove skills, gain repuation, fight op wars etc. Seeing as 100s of runners have just come back to try it and are all in diff factions, it would be sensible to allow them to switch to meet back up with there friends

that is ofc if KK want them to resubscribe :P

You can't have yer cake and eat it dood. If you wanna meet yer buddies, either reroll of get killing some antis.

Ghard
03-12-05, 21:50
You can't have yer cake and eat it dood. If you wanna meet yer buddies, either reroll of get killing some antis.

killing doesent give you fs any more only -ve you will have to do the mission to switch which involves killing 15 or 16 or rezzaz finest to get into doy 100/100 mobs which are insanley hard more than there rank sujjests and if you dont kill then quick enougth they despawn and you have to start again

bit fubar tbh my tank is -70 sl and 27 fa fs and he cant move over or go back pro due to the -100 biotech

Torg
03-12-05, 21:59
the new sytem is good as it helps to reduce faction whoring. if you are TG and want to play a CA, delete your char, start a CA. its that easy. period.

Asurmen Spec Op
03-12-05, 22:02
If you want to be a rouge, be ready for the concequences

Vampire222
03-12-05, 22:09
if someone allied shoots you, shoot back and face the consequences of being a better pvp'er... sigh

eprodigy
03-12-05, 22:54
kill fekking TGs
god was that a serious question?

uhh.. i didnt see this change listed and mabye everyone knows; but my CM char lists ALL factions as neutral now, including TG.

CM are neutral to TG now too ?

Zeninja
03-12-05, 23:07
I was lucky my pro-dome spy was in positive FS with CA, because any other pro-CA symp where < -35 (don't ask me why)

So, I managed to raise CA symp doing mob missions up to 50, then I went to the CA recruiter using an obliterator.

Now, I'm a CA with 90++ in all pro dome factions, and red FS with all pro-CAS...

Today while doing some works for maybe 45 minutes in wastelands, I noticed my FS to next/tt/dre/etc came up from -36 to -34. So I guessed being afk in TH or appartement would keep it on raising, then I stayed afk there for let's say 3 hours again : when I came back behind my screen I was a bit suprised seeing my FS are now still all blocked at -34 O_o

So the question is, what kind of zone or activity raised my FS of 2 points within 45 minutes, whereas a 3 hours afk hasn't changed anything further ?

Toxen
03-12-05, 23:21
Dumb question has anyone tried this on both NPC and Players

Vampire222
04-12-05, 00:03
yup, a gm even helped cryptochronic and nexx to change from anti to procity, for 3 fekking hours without result....

wargolem
04-12-05, 01:51
the new sytem is good as it helps to reduce faction whoring. if you are TG and want to play a CA, delete your char, start a CA. its that easy. period.

dont be stupid man if u have spent all the time leveling up a char and capping it then why should u have to start a new char just to change faction. seems stupid and unfair... alligance changes in real life why cant it here.

Toxen
04-12-05, 01:54
Aye, think its time kk coders get their heads back down and start implementing some quick missions for swapping sides.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 01:55
Aye, think its time kk coders get their heads back down and start implementing some quick missions for swapping sides.
No, not quick

wargolem
04-12-05, 01:56
No, not quick

achieveable in a day or two thats all.... alot of the community wants this

Sovellis
04-12-05, 02:39
I think a money solution/mission system would be the best. Based a little on an idea vamp made:

There is a hacker (or two, or three.. whatever) in the wastelands that has the ability to change you sympathy with one faction to 8 (thats the lowest for missions I think) at a cost of say 300k. Then it saves time having the devs write up a mission for people to do as runners will have to do shit loads of missions anyway to get there symp to 50. Then, they will still have to pay an additional 300k to change factions anyway.

Its still a very longwinded way of doing things, but perhaps a more balanced way.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 03:52
Better hope they have checks for if its above 8 :p
"wtf why is my 98 FS 8?"

"oh fuckwit."

Sovellis
04-12-05, 04:07
Better hope they have checks for if its above 8 :p
"wtf why is my 98 FS 8?"

"oh fuckwit."

lol if your already in the faction its fine, kill like on enemy runner and its like back to 50 again lol :P

wargolem
04-12-05, 04:32
I think a money solution/mission system would be the best. Based a little on an idea vamp made:

There is a hacker (or two, or three.. whatever) in the wastelands that has the ability to change you sympathy with one faction to 8 (thats the lowest for missions I think) at a cost of say 300k. Then it saves time having the devs write up a mission for people to do as runners will have to do shit loads of missions anyway to get there symp to 50. Then, they will still have to pay an additional 300k to change factions anyway.

Its still a very longwinded way of doing things, but perhaps a more balanced way.

i think what he is trying to say is there is a hacker from each faction that if you pay them enough $$$ they will change ur symp to 8 from whatever it was before with that faction so u can start doing rat missions etc for them to get it up to 50

seems like a pretty good idea and the hacker idea fits in with the cyberpunk roll play thing.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 05:29
lol if your already in the faction its fine, kill like on enemy runner and its like back to 50 again lol :P
that would bug me if it happened

Bugs Gunny
04-12-05, 11:05
NEXT APU with -72 sl, goes into J01 and kills positive sl FA runner 3 times..... NO SL gain.....

This game is going to shit very fast...

retr0n
04-12-05, 11:30
NEXT APU with -72 sl, goes into J01 and kills positive sl FA runner 3 times..... NO SL gain.....

Isn't J01 a warzone now though? No punishment, no reward?

[edit] or wait, "battlesectors" (warzone was better) does give reward? confused.

Sovellis
04-12-05, 11:46
i think what he is trying to say is there is a hacker from each faction that if you pay them enough $$$ they will change ur symp to 8 from whatever it was before with that faction so u can start doing rat missions etc for them to get it up to 50

seems like a pretty good idea and the hacker idea fits in with the cyberpunk roll play thing.

Yeah sorry, was pretty tired when I posted. Thats exactly the idea, individual hackers for each faction works quite well as well, allows the hackers to be hidden in different places around Neocron + DOY + Wastelands

LiL T
04-12-05, 11:49

Bugs you killed him in the wrong place, CM's can kill CM's outside and inside MB and lose no SL or symp.

wargolem
04-12-05, 16:07
coming up 4 pages of complaints and comments..... wonder if kk has noticed that there is an issue yet :S Comon kk we really need this fix!

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 16:56
coming up 4 pages of complaints and comments..... wonder if kk has noticed that there is an issue yet :S Comon kk we really need this fix!
Stay tuned for an announcement shortly.

N

Sovellis
04-12-05, 17:04
Stay tuned for an announcement shortly.

N

All I can say is thanks for the noticing. I'll look forward to announcment :D

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 17:12
Announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130243)'s up.

N

kurai
04-12-05, 17:22
heh

I'm so glad I got all this fucking about over and done with last year when I did all the epics.

I still want my Paladin title though :(

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 17:24
heh

I'm so glad I got all this fucking about over and done with last year when I did all the epics.

I still want my Paladin title though :(
Because getting factions trusts then ditching them is really a paladin.

Your a rouge, tbh

kurai
04-12-05, 17:28
Because getting factions trusts then ditching them is really a paladin.

Your a rouge, tbhHow DARE YOU ! I'm not a red !

Or perhaps you meant `rogue` :D

Either way ... I do think Paladin was a bloody silly name for it, presumably based on a slightly iffy translation from German. I remember all the arguments about this when KK first said the tag would happen.

I still want *something* for it though.
I seem to recall that my suggestion at the time was "Utter Bastard". I'd be perfectly happy with that, even now.

Ho hum. ;)

BlackDove
04-12-05, 17:43
Fixed guys.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1911567#post1911567

wargolem
04-12-05, 19:39
Announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130243)'s up.

N

still not good enough nid tbh thats a 1 time, fix for -32 symp only. Faction changes should be possible whenever you want it should just take time.

Toxen
04-12-05, 19:40
Superb fast response to an urgent issue KK kudos.

Nidhogg
04-12-05, 19:41
still not good enough nid tbh thats a 1 time, fix for -32 symp only. Faction changes should be possible whenever you want it should just take time.
Read it again. It says it's a temporary fix until a proper solution is installed.

N

wargolem
04-12-05, 19:42
Read it again. It says it's a temporary fix until a proper solution is installed.

N

ok sorry nid thanks for trying to do somthing soon :P hope u fix this shortly and thanks for making an effort on the issue u can now close this thread