PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet lvling

Falen
02-12-05, 12:05
Im wondering if this is possible from start to... well above, even mid lvl is fine.

I just started playing again today decided to give this a shot before i went and killed hurlers and warbots, so far im a tad lost. Just learned how to get out of the city databases to be met by rank 60 targets that tooled me. So i went to the infected storage area 1 where it was wicked slow going, respawn rates? im not even sure if they respawn i just reset. Unlike say the mutants down in one of the cellers that pop every what 45 seconds.

So i went to infected storage area 2 where i got tooled even worse then when i was trying to leave the city via hacknet. If anyone has any tips about hacknet it would be wonderful if you could pass them along thanks.

-FN-
02-12-05, 19:47
It used to be - but now I think not. I've tried on my HN char - but the same 6 mobs in the same 6 rooms just bored the shite out of me. Then throw in mobs swarming you from every level, pushing you around, falling to the bottom of the HN level... it's just a pain in the ass.

You're better off driving a Rhino then LoMming over to HackNet status.

Exioce
02-12-05, 21:43
If anyone has any tips about hacknet it would be wonderful if you could pass them along thanks.

my tip for hacknet is to get out of there and never look back. it is seriously the worst most undeveloped aspect of NC.

Dade Murphey
02-12-05, 21:55
my tip for hacknet is to get out of there and never look back. it is seriously the worst most undeveloped aspect of NC.

I wouldn't really say that...it could use a few things but some of the layout reminds me a lot of the description you get in Neuromancer...

The pathways and elevators I think they could do more with rather than the same repetative single color they have now...shifting colors gradually might make it more fun to look at...or using something like faction colors when you enter their areas...

rob444
02-12-05, 23:22
Mobs don't respawn in infected storages, you have to reset the whole place to get them back. Also note there are UDP/TCP mobs, UDP mobs take a lot less damage on you but they flee (pray to God you meet these all the time, especially in infected storage 2). TCP mobs takes pretty decent damage on you, but they are stationary. ;)

There are low,mid and high sec logins, the hackpool is bugged in those areas, or at least they were in NC2 (not sure in evo). sec login areas are great to level in, so if the bug is still around, bring hack boosters, after using a few of those your hack pool seem to be unbugged and you can level without your attack software steal 90% of your hack pool..

Higher hacking skill affects body health etc., body health under constitution also increases body health in hacknet.

If you are doing the hacknet missions, when you are going to decrypt a piece of code, don't go to CA Faction DNS as the mission says, use your own faction's decryption terminal which you can find next to the citycom inside the faction DNS. (bug in NC2 - unsure in Evo)

Can't think of something else right now.

EDIT: Dade, there are other colors in hacknet.