PDA

View Full Version : Outpost Underground

Typeoneg
02-12-05, 09:47
Is it possible lets say when you exit an outpost underground, a timer or buff gets put on you and you cannot enter that underground for 30 seconds? I believe this will solve everything with the whole OP war scene.. discuss?

Seraphin[69]
02-12-05, 10:24
Not really...

When people are inside the UG, they can get buffs easily and without danger but when they GR up inside barrels and AOE well... Everytime NC gives me back the control of my char I'm 1/2 or 1/3 health left so it's also damn hard to stay alive

Jolt
02-12-05, 10:29
Its too bad you cant just remove zoning at all from op battles. Id like to see changes to move the op fight away from the UG.
It should take place at the entrence of an op and around the op/zone, not camping out in front of or inside of some UG stuck in the ground.

retr0n
02-12-05, 10:56
how about removing the ug :)

Scanner Darkly
02-12-05, 10:59
have a "lift" screen where you have to type the name of the OP in order to enter the UG. This gives you 3-4 secs of standing still as you enter the OP. Only stealthers would be able to UG zone whore then :lol:

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 11:36
']Not really...

When people are inside the UG, they can get buffs easily and without danger but when they GR up inside barrels and AOE well... Everytime NC gives me back the control of my char I'm 1/2 or 1/3 health left so it's also damn hard to stay alive

stop ug laming.
attack the attackers from outside.
use your brain.

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 11:48
stop ug laming.
attack the attackers from outside.
use your brain.
You have to remember some people (most) don't even remember how it was back before there wasn't any GR inside the UG and the only way to defend an OP was to attack from the outside and not whore the UG like most clans seems to do today

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 11:49
u mean like the ppl who think fights cant last long without ppus ?

i'm sorry =/ ...

YoDa-UK
02-12-05, 11:58
Totally agree with removing the underground section of a outpost, it serves no purpose that I can remember other than allowing the defenders to hide from the battle.

I agree with Jolt that the fighting should be around the outside of the outpost and within the inner area towards the hackroom, but never the horrible camping of the UG entrance.

I usd to love the old methods of having to run to the outpost zone you was hoping to defend, you would race against time as the hack msgs would tick away, only problem in those days was the fact you was attacking a enemy force already INSIDE your outpost, kinda messed up really, but at least it didn't have any UG camping/whoring.

Zone lines are the bane of most pvp fights, PP fights was/is the same, if you give someone the ability to run away, they will use it of course, instead of dying. With Neocron's technology use of Genreplicators, this allows people to move fast and freely to their own outposts, I said it a few years back, the entrance should not be open to anyone to enter, the entrance must be destoryed "Gate/Wall idea" before a enemy can get inside a outpost, this gives the defending clan much needed time to get inside the outpost and fight it out, only then could you stop people from zoning back down the UG once a battle begins.

Outpost fights would become much cleaner and faster, but I said all this over a year or two ago.............

n3m
02-12-05, 12:04
I liked it when you had to GR in, you had to be carefull not to GR in at the closest as there was probably someone covering it. And storming in with a team is a lot more fun than buffs-sync-get shot-sync-heal and maybe new buffs imo.

retr0n
02-12-05, 12:05
A quick fix would be not to let anyone zone down after the first hack, that would
give the owning clan a chance to group quickly but not the ability to zonewhore.

-- edit although this would be open to some lamess but still...

Riddle
02-12-05, 12:52
Hate the OP wars like this.

1 team - Spam the UG with a barrel and AOE.

2 team - Zones up loses health zones down.

YAWNNMNNNNNNNNNN............... :rolleyes:

Anything to improve this would be welocme tbh.

Disable UG on first Hack.

LTA
02-12-05, 13:22
Just remove the underground and have it how it used to be... cept that GR locking would be annoying again :p

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 13:44
Add an apt style pw to enter the UG, 8 chars, no letter more than once.

Typeoneg
02-12-05, 13:53
I love this idea!

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 13:55
Meant to say twice, bit too harsh otherwise.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 15:27
Remove the GR's inside UG's.

sl33py
02-12-05, 16:31
password:qwertyty

takes me less then a second to type or even simpler: asdfasdf

RogerRamjet
02-12-05, 17:26

Yes. *****

Logan_storm_03
02-12-05, 17:29

Best UG idea yet.

simple to do and effective.

Drake6k
02-12-05, 17:31
Remove the GR's inside UG's.

Yeah I agree. That means the only way to get inside underground is from running from outside. This would also fix things like Soliko not being fun to fight at anymore.

.Cyl0n
02-12-05, 17:34

Yes! I want old op fights back... where the defending team is trapped in the op. When i think about fights at soliko etc.... best fights i had in nc.

Remove UGs and bring back the old GR rules :)