PDA

View Full Version : Helping KK avoid a lawsuit

cRazy-
02-12-05, 04:07
Well i decided to Venture warp today with my level 13 pistol PE, ended up going from neocron all the way to the top right corner of the map near the oasis, swell.

So i wondered around and then an arachnid hit me in the back of the head, causing me to set on fire.

I started running but as i was running in first-person view the flames started flashing brightly (very quick flashes of white/bright orange flame) until it got to the point where i was getting too uncomfortable to watch it, and im not even epileptic.

Now i know and doubt many if any people who suffer from epilepsy play neocron, but if they did and they were in the same scenario as me theres a high probability they could have an epileptic fit, and with no warning from KK = angry person wanting lawsuit.

Its just a thought and possible concern.

DarkPhoenix
02-12-05, 04:17
People who have epilepsy shouldn't be playing games such as Neocron anyway. It's called common sense.

NC has had that effect since beta.

MkVenner
02-12-05, 04:18
And also I'm pretty sure it requires a pretty specific frequency to set off an epliptic fit...

Shia
02-12-05, 04:19
yep , i have mentioned this before , try lvling in el faid with a APU monk useing barrels , the amount of Fire stacks u get , its just unbearable to play (and u cant barrel in 3rd person view or u just end up barreling ur feet) it got to the point where i felt phisicly sick and had to log .

I realy hope it gets changed cause it truley is unbearable to play and as el faid is such a sweet place to lvl and make a little money when ya broke i just cant go there anymore which saddens me :(

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 04:19
And I'm sure that stupid people will play it anyway and sue when they wake up in hospital.

As much as I hate it, KK should probably put some small disclaimer somewhere.

cRazy-
02-12-05, 04:24
well the game is pretty safe for epileptic people, nothing else in the game really flashes with anywhere near as much intensity.

The difference i found with the fire in first person view is it covers your whole screen and makes the whole screen flash in quick succession.

It cant be a good thing surely.

jesdfair
02-12-05, 04:41
I've always liked how they really make the screen light up, like if someone shines a flashlight in your eyes its really bright and annoying.

Toxen
02-12-05, 04:51
Well theres not a disclaimer in the manual, not that there would have to be as this doesn't come with the downloaded version, should it would have to be in the EULA, which I don't see anywhere around which is weird

Sovellis
02-12-05, 04:55
Well theres not a disclaimer in the manual, not that there would have to be as this doesn't come with the downloaded version, should it would have to be in the EULA, which I don't see anywhere around which is weird

I think hes right, practically every game that may cause issues publishes some kind of statement that advises players to not play for excessive periods of time, and generally advises people who suffer from epilepsy to steer clear.

yavimaya
02-12-05, 04:56
On the other hand though, if you arent a pirate, and have ever bought a video game in your life you would have seen the "epilepsy warning" pamphlet you get with them, and you would apply it to all video games.

Epileptic people playing video games are stupid though, its like someone who is allergic to peanuts and then goes and eats peanut butter...

Toxen
02-12-05, 05:07
and what about the person that doesn't realise he has a peanut allergy until the first time he goes into anafalactic shock from eating one. It can happen to anyone at anytime without warning even if your healthy and fit

tomparadox
02-12-05, 05:56
People who have epilepsy shouldn't be playing games such as Neocron anyway. It's called common sense.

Common sense dosnt stand up in a court, or the lady that spilled coffee on herself in McDonalds wouldnt have won like 10 mil because she did not know it was hot... Aparently the cup has to say its hot for her to think somthing that is suposed to be hot is hot O_o

But yea, i think they have it on the box or manual somware didnt they? been to long for me to remember. Though i personaly hate that effect in first person, its a bitch to see and is annoying, i always go in third person while fighting fire mobs.

DarkPhoenix
02-12-05, 06:00
Common sense dosnt stand up in a court, or the lady that spilled coffee on herself in McDonalds wouldnt have won like 10 mil because she did not know it was hot... Aparently the cup has to say its hot for her to think somthing that is suposed to be hot is hot O_o

But yea, i think they have it on the box or manual somware didnt they? been to long for me to remember. Though i personaly hate that effect in first person, its a bitch to see and is annoying, i always go in third person while fighting fire mobs.

Good point, I still can't believe that bitch won.

Vae Victis
02-12-05, 16:29
On the other hand though, if you arent a pirate, and have ever bought a video game in your life you would have seen the "epilepsy warning" pamphlet you get with them, and you would apply it to all video games.

Epileptic people playing video games are stupid though, its like someone who is allergic to peanuts and then goes and eats peanut butter...@ ur sig, no I dont mind :)
fun to see ppl using my sigs :D

Digital-Talios
02-12-05, 17:47

Law just like Goverment are mutually exclusive from Common Sense...

Vampire222
02-12-05, 17:51
Fixed in patch :o

cRazy-
02-12-05, 17:56
http://www.com40radio.co.uk/misc/epilepsyscreen.JPG

My idea got onto the main neocron 2 loading screen, beat that.

CMaster
02-12-05, 17:58
Rofl.
Could we not have SOMETHING done about the eye-pain inducing firethough?

cRazy-
02-12-05, 17:59
there now the image works.

Nidhogg
02-12-05, 18:02
I know I'd rather have hitmen chasing after me than lawyers. I've had at least two hitmen following me so far according to various disgruntled ex-forum users and I never felt a thing. ;)

N

Dogface
02-12-05, 18:06
and what about the person that doesn't realise he has a peanut allergy until the first time he goes into anafalactic shock from eating one. It can happen to anyone at anytime without warning even if your healthy and fit

"DONT PLAY NC INCASE YOU'RE EPILEPTIC."

That is all. =)

Falen
02-12-05, 22:33
oh damn that made me laugh so fricken hard when i saw the epilepsy warning i actually woke the baby, it was well worth it though :p thats hilarious

jesdfair
02-12-05, 22:38
yeah that was pretty hillarious.

Richard Slade
03-02-06, 18:10
I know I'd rather have hitmen chasing after me than lawyers. I've had at least two hitmen following me so far according to various disgruntled ex-forum users and I never felt a thing. ;)

N

Tssk, it's just cuz of yer insanely huge bat mate...

LINKAGE FROM THREAD;
I swear I didn't notice the oldness!!!

l8m0n
03-02-06, 18:13
lol gg with the bump :lol:

Nidhogg
03-02-06, 18:17
What insanely huge bat?

Bump - thread closed.

N

/edit - oh yeah, that one. :p