PDA

View Full Version : Anti to Pro City Impossible

nibbles
02-12-05, 01:34
Or atleast too hard to be worth doing...

Killing any NPCs now gives huge SL loss and SL doesnt even go up that fast. So it KK forcing everyone to go CM first and then to the faction they want to go?

Tratos
02-12-05, 01:38
Do the quest then :eek:

Perhaps this will make people do them now :D

nibbles
02-12-05, 01:40
the question?...

Tratos
02-12-05, 01:41
the question?...

Sorry meant Quest.

nibbles
02-12-05, 01:42
Sorry i havent played for a while, what quests this?

Tratos
02-12-05, 01:48
Theres an NPC outside of each city (out of range of the enemy gaurds) who will - after a task - invite you to the leading faction of each city (TG for DoY, CA for NC).

Not ideal but its a solution and they've been there for a while i hope this change makes people use them more as the one to get to TG is fun :)

BlackDove
02-12-05, 01:51
Way I remember doing it was Anti>CM>NC>Anti.

This was the result

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/neocron/screenshots/shot0008.JPG

Had -xx SL at the end of the final change, but what I did to raise it was take mission blueprints from my clan mate and then just do research missions to raise the SL quickly.

I don't know if that is allowed today, but nobody seemed to have a problem with it some time ago.

-FN-
02-12-05, 02:13
Do the faction switching quests actually work? I thought they were broken beyond comprehension...

Tratos
02-12-05, 02:15
Do the faction switching quests actually work? I thought they were broken beyond comprehension...

Myself and some of Phoenix did the TG one the other day fair enough we are already Anti but we were offered an invite

BlackDove
02-12-05, 02:25

If you could rephrase the question I could answer it more precisely.

Assuming I understand your question - considering I was the first one on Terra to get them all done, it is plausable to say that I did them all at a time when they were most bugged (not true exactly, because while I was doing one, another one would be broken beyond repair, it took planning, but for the sake of it let's assume the former) and I went through them all as fixes were being implemented (had to wait for a few days for the Crahn one to be fixed, etc.).

But by now I assume all of them have been repaired completely.

.....hope I understood your question.

-FN-
02-12-05, 02:37
Not the Epic Quests, the Quest that allows you to change from NC -> DoY and vice versa.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 02:47
Ah didn't understand it then.

Never did that quest myself. What I heard from one of the mods way back when was that it worked, it's just that my situation with the sympathies was already so borked that I had to go about it in the described above way.

joran420
02-12-05, 09:05
where is the dude to switch from anti to pro ?

Superbron
02-12-05, 09:13
where is the dude to switch from anti to pro ?
And the dude from pro to anti? Does anybody know?

nibbles
02-12-05, 12:52
Yes where are these NPCs?

Eckhart
02-12-05, 13:08
Outside the cities I would assume.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 14:23
The weird trick with them used to be that you needed xx amount of sympathy with the OPPOSING faction (one you want to switch to), which is kind of impossible if you've been nuking the said opposing faction players or NPC's.

It was all very weird.

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 15:03
Lets look at the purpose of sympathy for a moment.

You kill a member of a faction... you're gonna lose sympathy with that faction. Of course, that faction isn't going to want to welcome you on board anytime soon.

If you start your character as any faction, your enemy symps will start at -14 and will soon auto rise. As long as you don't kill anyone in dungeons or apartments (or in the old anarchy zones and hunting grounds) your sympathy will be fine and you can do missions to raise it further. With the old system, killing many members of a faction anywhere except warzones mean that you will have no chance ever of joining that faction. As far as they're concerned you have a criminal record as long as your arm. If your symps are at -90 odd then you're pretty much screwed. Make a new char if you want to be that faction. Why on earth should they forgive you for all those past misdeeds?

Kazuya
02-12-05, 15:54
this is a fucking bullshit.... i want to go TT join my friend's clan and i cant because i m TG??? make a way to change faction....
if u dont want faction changing (that isnt bad for me, ppl get more fun playing from the side they want to be) make and ncp that change faction for the first days like happend to saturn at the end when it rolledback

.Cyl0n
02-12-05, 16:27
This needs to get fixed asap. I know lots of people who are trying to get to pro from anti and cant now... 14 days KK remember :p

Vampire222
02-12-05, 16:30
Make some clean sheet npc in somewhere neutral, like TH, that gives u some mission to show your worth it, and then hacks into the faction databases and moves u to whatever u choose for 300k.... Gotta think about both the pvp'ers and the roleplayers offcourse, but why not make 2 options, one for people who love to spend 30 years doing research missions, and one for people who'd rather kill a few npc's the "faction hacker" dislikes...

Tupac
02-12-05, 18:51
yeah im stuck on the anti side and i wish to move over to pro also but it seems impossible o.O also i got a biotech dude with -99 TT symps how do i move to TT ?

Vampire222
02-12-05, 19:42
ye plz kk with all these great upgrades, give us the faction hacker npc back that used to be in like mid retail nc1... just pay 300k and switch to wuteva, lots of ppl play nc for the pvp, not the doing missions...

joran420
02-12-05, 20:47
TBH I think ive joined the "Just get rid of SL, and base everything off FS" crowd that would solve everything if i could just start killing my own faction and in a few kills have them hostile to me and then keep killing hundreds of them to raise up my PRO city symps

nibbles
02-12-05, 23:16
The guy outside of NC doesnt even bloody work

Zeninja
02-12-05, 23:23
lots of ppl play nc for the pvp, not the doing missions...
Lots of people are not paying 13 euros a month to get the same that they would for free with better graphics, aka CS:S

Sovellis
03-12-05, 00:32
Its getting stupid now. The situation im having is, im in DRE, I want to join another faction, but I have -35 (or whatever) in the other PRO city faction im looking to join. You can kill enemies of both my current faction and the one i want to go to, and only the symp of the faction im in changes. Because im in minus figures its IMPOSSIBLE from what I can tell to change factions. If someone has the magic trick, please, let us know.

joran420
03-12-05, 00:34
Its getting stupid now. The situation im having is, im in DRE, I want to join another faction, but I have -35 (or whatever) in the other PRO city faction im looking to join. You can kill enemies of both my current faction and the one i want to go to, and only the symp of the faction im in changes. Because im in minus figures its IMPOSSIBLE from what I can tell to change factions. If someone has the magic trick, please, let us know.
...well raising FS though missions works i think :/

definatly not ideal

terminal_mehmet
03-12-05, 00:37
The guy outside of NC doesnt even bloody work

Where was he? I couldn't find him.

Sovellis
03-12-05, 01:15
...well raising FS though missions works i think :/

definatly not ideal

how can ya possibly raise it through missions when your in minus numbers (-35 or something)

Do ya see the problem now, there is NO way that I can see. this needs to be remedied A.S.A.P!!

BlackDove
03-12-05, 01:25
Did you try killing the member of the opposite factions at.... ehhh... what was the name.....

It's next to the Spider NPC that you get an item from for the epics. I forgot the.. name of the GR stationed there. It's on the NC side, very near the gates.

Point Red.

Essentially you need a place with a GR in a sector that rewards you for killing members of opposing factions.

Sovellis
03-12-05, 01:32
Tried it in PP3, killed a Crahn runner over and over and got nothing. The only symp that went up is my current faction (dre) not one other faction was affected- other than crahn of course

BlackDove
03-12-05, 01:35
What kind of a zone is PP3 corresponding to the new legend?

Sovellis
03-12-05, 01:40
I believe its an outskirt sector

Kierz
03-12-05, 05:37
is anyone going to actually answer and say where the alliance changing npcs are, I've spent 2 hours searching the sectors around doy trying to find the guy, but the only npcs I found just told me to FO :p what's the npcs name, do you need 50 FS with TG or CA to do it ?

Riddle
03-12-05, 13:36
is anyone going to actually answer and say where the alliance changing npcs are, I've spent 2 hours searching the sectors around doy trying to find the guy, but the only npcs I found just told me to FO :p what's the npcs name, do you need 50 FS with TG or CA to do it ?

Don't think they know :p I don't ;)