PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Evo then?

DIS
01-12-05, 22:50
What does everyone think of the new Evo patch then?

I think KK has made a serious step in the right direction releasing this patch, and although I will have to get used to the new soul light rules I think they have done a really good job improving the OZ and the FPS, runs very smooth now in full detail (getting over 60fps most of the time.) And the Speed gat sounds just like the mini gun in terminator 2, very nice touch. ;)

If KK can keep releasing content of this quality and work on those mem leaks maybe we will start to see some serious population increases :)

Skusty
01-12-05, 22:51
Nice but the reload needs nerf, people just play on monks now cause of the 30second reloadtime......

DIS
01-12-05, 22:53
Nice but the reload needs nerf, people just play on monks now cause of the 30second reloadtime......

Either that or make monks have a reload when they take psi boosters :p

giga191
01-12-05, 22:53
needs a hotfix

Terayon
01-12-05, 22:55
Havent realy played to much to say... Flashlights still half my fps... the new models and sounds dont mean much to me... aside from that i havent seen much of intrest to me. Exept for the lighting, i love it.

Its all great for new comers i supose.

Oh and the vegitation. Like that also :D.

Toxen
01-12-05, 22:55
Cmon guys, look at it this way frankly its gone in quite smooth, and in on time, there were always gonna be a few hiccups but we sit down and we hammer them out.

joran420
01-12-05, 22:56
speaking of pops...how are they looking?

DIS
01-12-05, 22:57
speaking of pops...how are they looking?

Terra was hitting 30% or so. Nice and busy in plaza and MB etc.

joran420
01-12-05, 23:01
<3 thx DIS

giga191
01-12-05, 23:02
isn't evo gonna be released in several stages?

PiewPiew
01-12-05, 23:04
nailgun reload time in first person mode: 12 fucking seconds.

monks do the most damage of ANY class
monks take the least damage of ANY class
monks don't need a line of sight
monks dont have a reticle
monks don't take 10 seconds to reload a gun

why play a non-monk?

Tratos
01-12-05, 23:15

More weapons models are supposedly being introduced in packages - and since we're in for a month full of developments (Or something to that effect says Holger) i think we;re in for a couple more treats yet.

-FN-
01-12-05, 23:20
According to Planfile #4 (http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:oY2_qUB-O-AJ:cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles%3Flang%3Den%26id%3D142%26+&hl=en&client=firefox-a) - only 10 models were updated in the "first package" and more would be updated in subsequent packages... sounds like stages to me.

YoDa-UK
01-12-05, 23:25
Hmm where to begin, well I've not had the chance to check things out tbh, after spending nearly 3hrs trying to sort out the wifes account, I finally got ingame, checked out my main char, only way to tell was the name as all my char pics are blank :(

Anyway once i was in it was nice to see some old names in OOC, but then I had the bright idea to check my other chars, tried out my old PPU, and then things went bad, got bugged where I couldn't click anything, so relogged, same again after using a GoGo, so went onto the next char, loaded in fine, was my old APU, seemed ok, so then went back to my tank which was in my old Apt in NC city.

So I decided togo to Cycrow, everything fine so far on the tank, loaded in downstairs to see some old names pop up, all good, now im sitting there waiting for the wife to load in on her PPU, she can't get in, she gets perma sync, trying for 30mins odd she was poor girl o_O

Then I get a sync error, so I relog again, to load in to a FRE, so I relaunch the game, only to FRE out again, then I try to load back in, but by now my wife has gotten in on her PPU, but for some wierd reason, I'm the one now who is stuck in perma sync :mad:

So although the grass might look better, or the new weapon models etc, the game so far is the same for me, as a returning Vet checking out the free 14 days, must say this is a bad first impression for me and the wife, I knew NC always had problems, but tbh FRE's and Syncs was around 3 years ago, and they are game breaking problems.

One other thing, while i was ingame, it felt wierd, I can't put my finger on it but the game didn't feel like the NC I knew and loved, don't ask me what it is, I can't describe it :(

SnowCrash
01-12-05, 23:34
Make sure that you and your wife have set different local ports via the "Configuration Menu" in the launcher window. If you both use the same local port on the same internet connection the described synchronisation errors might occur.

Tikuto
01-12-05, 23:43
I like everything in it, except the POINTLESS ZOO. I mean it!

The reload time is fine. Don't whine.

Dargeshaad
01-12-05, 23:45
why play a non-monk?
Yea....why?

Nidhogg
01-12-05, 23:48
I like everything in it, except the POINTLESS ZOO. I mean it!

The reload time is fine. Don't whine.
The point of the zoo is the point of any zoo. It's there for newbies in the city to take a look at some of the beasties waiting for them out there in the world without getting any parts of their anatomy handed to them. Also, it explains why those swamp things fly and spit poison! Organic chemistry FTW. :)

N

joran420
01-12-05, 23:54
The point of the zoo is the point of any zoo. It's there for newbies in the city to take a look at some of the beasties waiting for them out there in the world without getting any parts of their anatomy handed to them. Also, it explains why those swamp things fly and spit poison! Organic chemistry FTW. :)

N
sweet so the zoo is open now too?

this gets better and better cant wait to get home Im all patched up only 4 hours of work left

giga191
02-12-05, 00:00
the reload thing is kinda kewl, but you should be able to stop it half way thru if you change your mind about it (shouldn't actually put ammo in the gun tho)

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 00:04
the reload thing is kind kewl, but you should be able to stop it half way thru if you change your mind about it (shouldn't actually put ammo in the gun tho)
Problem is, some guns that were already if not overpowered then very good such as exec and even more x-bow are now even better because they don't require as much reloading as some other guns, CS/FL in particular

giga191
02-12-05, 00:07
Problem is, some guns that were already if not overpowered then very good such as exec and even more x-bow are now even better because they don't require as much reloading as some other guns, CS/FL in particular i agree, but the idea is good because it was gonna silly how you could switch to heal while reloading

Castoff
02-12-05, 00:26
Hmm where to begin, well I've not had the chance to check things out tbh, after spending nearly 3hrs trying to sort out the wifes account, I finally got ingame, checked out my main char, only way to tell was the name as all my char pics are blank :(

Anyway once i was in it was nice to see some old names in OOC, but then I had the bright idea to check my other chars, tried out my old PPU, and then things went bad, got bugged where I couldn't click anything, so relogged, same again after using a GoGo, so went onto the next char, loaded in fine, was my old APU, seemed ok, so then went back to my tank which was in my old Apt in NC city.

So I decided togo to Cycrow, everything fine so far on the tank, loaded in downstairs to see some old names pop up, all good, now im sitting there waiting for the wife to load in on her PPU, she can't get in, she gets perma sync, trying for 30mins odd she was poor girl o_O

Then I get a sync error, so I relog again, to load in to a FRE, so I relaunch the game, only to FRE out again, then I try to load back in, but by now my wife has gotten in on her PPU, but for some wierd reason, I'm the one now who is stuck in perma sync :mad:

So although the grass might look better, or the new weapon models etc, the game so far is the same for me, as a returning Vet checking out the free 14 days, must say this is a bad first impression for me and the wife, I knew NC always had problems, but tbh FRE's and Syncs was around 3 years ago, and they are game breaking problems.

One other thing, while i was ingame, it felt wierd, I can't put my finger on it but the game didn't feel like the NC I knew and loved, don't ask me what it is, I can't describe it :(

If your using a Router make sure you do port forwarding in your Router for both PCs. Make sure you assign each PC a different Port setting and that each Port setting in your Router is using the correctly assigned Port. I went through that problem untill I did the above. We now have 3 PCs on NC at the same time. :D :)

t0tt3
02-12-05, 00:30

why play a non-monk?

Monks need to press f2 and ONE BY ONE get the damn psi boosters in the belt.
We asked for stacked psi boosters ages ago "like when pluto was online"
The real winners then in long op fights was non monks imo.

You get a reloadtime now dont whine you can take hits anyway and only yes ONLY a ppu + apu can rip you.
Well which combo with a ppu can not rip you apart?

L2P like they say, get skills before whine like a baby.

Edit: And yea.. the switch back and forward to weapons was just silly. I did it to with my tank and all the others did so to or swapped to healing. I posted this 15 months ago on the bug forum well grats kk you did it.

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 00:30
i agree, but the idea is good because it was gonna silly how you could switch to heal while reloading
The idea is brilliant, but it requires alot of weapon balancing to make it fair to everyone.
Such as increasing dmg on low clip weapons or simply increasing the clip size. Then there's the issue of monks, which was summed up pretty well previously in this thread

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 00:31
Try and get a clue before you start spouting shit left and right

SovKhan
02-12-05, 00:34

Well,
APU monks do the most dmg of any class (and take the most dmg)
PPU monks take the least dmg of any class (and do the least dmg)
Most Spells dont require LOS (but not all)
reticle is true. but you can fire your gun on hills and while running (it is difficult to try to cast HL while on a hill. or to runcast as ppu)
and monks would take 10 seconds to reload a gun IF THEY WERE USEING GUNS.

t0tt3
02-12-05, 00:38
Try and get a clue before you start spouting shit left and right

Well nailgun... exploit kickers to prevent rezz FTW!!!!! Nailguns has never been a huge dmg gun ever so..

Logan_storm_03
02-12-05, 00:43
personly i think evo is a very nice touch to my leady favirate game, the new models and graphical updates look nice and it even runs loads better on my comp, I meen 20fps in wasteland ftw!!

awsome, I hope you realise this meens we will expect this kind of cool stuff in the future :cool:

roll on evo2.2

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 00:46
Here's an idea:
You have to wait to be at full mana to be able to switch spells, this is to simulate that a PSI user has to gather his mental powers to focus on a different mental task

....as if that'll ever happen

SovKhan
02-12-05, 00:49
thats an idea. only time it would affect apu's would be while antibuffing though. would be a pain in the ass for ppu's. which would prolly lead to more ppu's in a fight. one to heal, one to reshelter, one to redeflector. which would not solve anything for all those people who bitch about ppu's.

t0tt3
02-12-05, 00:50
Here's an idea:
You have to wait to be at full mana to be able to switch spells, this is to simulate that a PSI user has to gather his mental powers to focus on a different mental task

....as if that'll ever happen

Need 2 apus to kill a ppu anyway so who cares... 1st HAB and the 2nd HL spams :rolleyes:

BlackDove
02-12-05, 00:51
Personally I think it's a step in the right direction. They finally seem to got their stuff together and now they seem to be delivering what they say. It's not bug-free perfect, but that would be expecting a fantasy.

The thing that I'm yearning for personally is balance. I don't really see it happening currently with the way the monks are shining (no reticle, fast fire, strongest fire, speed, no reload, etc.) over the other classes but hopefully they'll fix that soon as well and balance everything.

We can only hope anyway.

But this was finally after so many years, a proper step. Good job goes to the art department, finally used some modeling skills to bring life to the game. Considering the engine you're working with, the visuals on the LOD0 are a miracle.

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 00:51
thats an idea. only time it would affect apu's would be while antibuffing though. would be a pain in the ass for ppu's. which would prolly lead to more ppu's in a fight. one to heal, one to reshelter, one to redeflector. which would not solve anything for all those people who bitch about ppu's.
Will enforce even more teamwork, will decrease hybrids effectiveness hugely and generally make the monk class a pain in the ass to play :lol:

hinch
02-12-05, 00:56
Need 2 apus to kill a ppu anyway so who cares... 1st HAB and the 2nd HL spams :rolleyes:

naah only FF need 2 apus to kill a ppu

everyone else's good apu's only need one tbh

t0tt3
02-12-05, 00:58

:lol: 8| :rolleyes: :confused: :mad:

Well lets see who will win these 13 days ahead
GG to the winner :o

Toxen
02-12-05, 00:58
I hope this is only the begining, its a nice patch but quite alot of the npc's are still using the low poly models same goes most inner city zones and wasteland structures, textures look slightly dated too, what do people wanna see brought upto spec next

BlackDove
02-12-05, 01:02

You would know, wouldn't you?... you hybrid bastard. (sup hinch how's life? :p)

I hope this is only the begining, its a nice patch but quite alot of the npc's are still using the low poly models same goes most inner city zones and wasteland structures, textures look slightly dated too, what do people wanna see brought upto spec next

Textures look dated because the engine's age goes on par with the Metuselah. Making this kind of an uplift was sort of a miracle. Think that this is as good as it gets for now (maybe they'll swap some other things, which'd be a surprise, but I doubt it myself), but NC was never really about eyecandy in the first place. It's the cutt-throatedness of the best aspects.

hinch
02-12-05, 01:05
You would know, wouldn't you?... you hybrid bastard. (sup hinch how's life? :p)

not bad keeping busy as always :) enjoying my new contract 3 days a week so plenty of game time too :)

as for who will win ofc thats easy the winners will be the people that dont need to zerg rush or ppu spam to win an op war:) ie not you lot

retr0n
02-12-05, 01:05
The reload thing is a good thing, but some weapons need to be brought into
balance with it, what I don't like is that you cannot abort it. I want the option
to select another weapon/spell and it should stop reloading but switch to what
I want.

Also please make it so that you can take a stam booster while reloading, it's
a pain for lowtech users tbh.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 01:10
not bad keeping busy as always :) enjoying my new contract 3 days a week so plenty of game time too :)

as for who will win ofc thats easy the winners will be the people that dont need to zerg rush or ppu spam to win an op war:) ie not you lot

Damn, 3 days a week and you're making ends meet enough to game? Die.

As far as zerg rushing and PPU spamming - you do realise I have about 5 people all without PPU's in NC right? The only zerg rush I can do is the one against a 2-man-spy-clan. My PE will be the PPU and rest of em tanks are going to be my monks.

hinch
02-12-05, 01:13
the zerg rush was aimed at the emo-ff whore :) not you dove :)

as for making ends meet yeah ofc I do its the joys of being an IT contractor :)

msdong
02-12-05, 01:19
i like a lot of the EVO2.1 upgrade. i first was a little unimpressed of the gatgun i use but i changed my mind because the "feel" was much better. then i looked on my fusion gun, and i was a little afraid if they dont messed it. BUT hey it looks BIG on your back looks more like a cannon. the fusion rifle makes a cool Rawrrr
bad ting is the reveller gun that dont sound like a 30mm cannon.

the landscape is Great. i love how they put cover everywhere. the trees are bigger and they look much better. the burned trees in front of TG fit perfect.
a little minus goes to the grass - looks still horrible;)

the darkness in NC isnt a bad thing - was my wish for a long time and it think it adds a lot of athmosphere.
the bad is that boxes shine to much.

the WL mob change was kind of a surprise. walkin from CRP to TH as a noob isnt that easy any more.

even the game run stable tonigt i still se some old bugs.

but i think NC goes straigt to 78% rating if kk manage to keep up a little story ingame.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-12-05, 01:25
evo makes mr winky go up

LiL T
02-12-05, 01:27
I wish people would stop saying its meant to be this dark, no its NOT meant to be this fucking dark ! Its not meant to be so dark you can't see shit in your inventory and the reason the boxes and barrels are so bright is because the brightness is just fucked

jesdfair
02-12-05, 01:30
to tell you the truth, I dont see what all the fuss is about.

They made it sound like it was a whole new engine, something remarkable.

It seems like they changed some of the skins for the weapons and made the trees look slightly better.

The problem is though that they still all look pretty bad compared to other games.

Do I care? Absolutely not. Neocron has always had terirble graphics, I play it because its the only good MMO on the market.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 01:32
the zerg rush was aimed at the emo-ff whore :) not you dove :)

as for making ends meet yeah ofc I do its the joys of being an IT contractor :)

Ooooooh you bitch :p Well you really deserve it anyway, so props on that.

As far as the emo-ff whores, wouldn't know much about that but from what I hear they aren't reciprocating their membership wealth with enough dignity :p Anyway since I don't have first hand experience, I won't comment on that.

You active in the game aside from the 14 day trial? They did a pretty good deal by putting that trial in with this EVOL event I must say (see how I bring it back on topic? :p)

Nidhogg
02-12-05, 01:51
to tell you the truth, I dont see what all the fuss is about.

They made it sound like it was a whole new engine, something remarkable.
When did we do that? We said that there was a vegetation update, some weapon updates, some performance tweaks and some new content. Isn't that exactly what we delivered?

N

BlackDove
02-12-05, 01:53
People just like to exaggerate :p

hinch
02-12-05, 02:09
yeah created a whole new account not just reactivated my old one

did it a week before launch and created a tank now at 85 base str in a week ish not doing too badly

paid up until 20th dec so we'll see how it goes if people stay after the 14 days or if htey all leave. also wanna see if kk can pull through on their promise of more regular patches and content additions.

would really love to see this memory leak removed finally and the crash on exit when shutting down DX on nvidia cards.

jesdfair
02-12-05, 02:11
Well since you called it the Evol 2.1 Engine, it was natural to assume that it was an engine that was going to be added to the game.

I'm just saying so because it isnt what was expected. Don't get me wrong, Neocron is still the best MMO i've ever played, and i'm not unhappy with it, if anything its better than before, so thats awesome. The game is even more enjoyable now, and before it was incredibly fun, so its a really solid game now. Doesn't mean the graphics are good though.

PcP'
02-12-05, 02:12
whens 2.2?

BlackDove
02-12-05, 02:31
yeah created a whole new account not just reactivated my old one

did it a week before launch and created a tank now at 85 base str in a week ish not doing too badly

paid up until 20th dec so we'll see how it goes if people stay after the 14 days or if htey all leave. also wanna see if kk can pull through on their promise of more regular patches and content additions.

would really love to see this memory leak removed finally and the crash on exit when shutting down DX on nvidia cards.

You really must love to level that tank, this is like the third time since I remember you started one and talked about it :p I tell you, you'd love a PE. Cap one before I get back so you me n QD (I'll try find a way to get the bitch back in) can fuck around :p

Speaking of which have you seen... Wyatt Earp... err what was his nick... Billy the Kid... errrrr - Right Doc Holliday? Haven't seen him for a while but I know he's been keeping tabs around here some months ago.

In any case, good deal on the reactivation. This game is essentially fun if people play it honestly, and it's been missing that a lot lately. But yeah, memory leak has been a bane of my existance as well, would love to see it fixed.

Koast
02-12-05, 02:33
Main reason I love this patch is, because it brought back alot of people and attracted many new ones as well. When I logged on today on my CA in Plaza Sec 1 outside medicaire. I was swarmed by many people. I just loved it.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 02:53
That's why NC2 beta was so fantastic (earliest example of the old days when Plaza was key and everyone went through it - when all roads led to "Rome" heh).

People make this game worthy of playing, gameplay just needs to keep the people in. Hopefully they'll be able to do that soon.

rob444
02-12-05, 02:54
I think it's pretty nice actually. New sounds etc., that's nice. Not seen everything yet.

Some stuff I took notice of in NC 2.1 Evo that I hoped was going to be better:

Torso + lip bug on some model(s) still there.
Engine improvements of course, which is what we need. However, I felt that I had lower FPS now than before, weird.
I wish they could add gamma, or if it was brightness, back to the video options. (I use powerstrip so I couldn't care less but some people dont use programs like powerstrip etc. - the game is to dark)
I thought they had redesigned the horrible HUD (no offense but it's huge and it feels like it's only playable in 1600x1200 resolution), but I must have missread it somewhere.
Nothing more to report :)

honour
02-12-05, 03:22
love it, awesome work kk....

but, the reload and wep switch needs sorting big time, unless monks get the same delay

eprodigy
02-12-05, 03:27
not to be negative.. but i dont see anything really changed...

all the reasons i dont play are still here (like.. important promised features missing, ridiculous balancing issues that ruin the PVP).

all that seems to be done is: made my favorite weapons ugly, nerf reloads, cut my FPS in half outside by forcing vegetation, make the world darker.

i logged in, tried the new stuff and logged out. whats the point of the 14 day trial; everyone will just be reminded again why they haven't been playing.

ill probably get banned again for posting something that isnt positive.

cRazy-
02-12-05, 04:28
I think the patch is great, i for once and for the first time congratulate KK on a job well done, although there are some minor problems like FAR too many tree's in the wastelands (lowers my fps a lot sometimes) and the long reload time, other then that its great.

jesdfair
02-12-05, 04:31
Wait a sec, is that terrible lag when you try to switch weapons done on purpose?

mdares
02-12-05, 05:02

why play a non-monk?

apus do most dmg of any class
ppus take least dmg of any class (other than a ppu buffed/healed tank)
***APUS AND PPUS ARE DIFFERENT FFS! THEY ARE ALL MONKS BUT YOU CANT BE WTFUBERPWNT AT BOTH*** (hybs dunt count cuz blessed hyb dmg is laughable altho they have good survivability; HL hybs do good dmg with dmgboost but defenses are only barely on par with that of a PE, most times less)
monks need LoS like anyone; only time when u dont is if u go 3rd person and tilt the camera.
monks dont have a reticle because we use our MIND to target rather than aiming with eye and hand.
monks dont take 10 secs to reload a gun because we dont have a gun; it takes us 20 seconds to recover our psi pool to full. while we can keep shooting if we want, our psi pool will depelete even quicker and our RoF is halved.

its fine. learn to play.

(^ only thing i got out of playing WoW)

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 05:07
What does everyone think of the new Evo patch then?Begins with "S" and ends in "EXY"

although I will have to get used to the new soul light rulesNot as bad as people think, especially when you consider the compromises explained here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129981)

I think they have done a really good job improving the OZby OZ, he means wastes :p

And the Speed gat sounds just like the mini gun in terminator 2, very nice touch. ;)And that's only the speed gat.. there are weapons out there that no-one has even tried yet. Check out the sound of every weapon, not to mention the reload animation in 1st person view.

If KK can keep releasing content of this quality and work on those mem leaks maybe we will start to see some serious population increases :)Amen to that.

Ozzon
02-12-05, 05:13
Well there are some bugs as always, some old ones too (lip bug anyone?), FPS dropping rapidly in some of the wastelands sectors (where is a lot of vegetation), it was also laggy tonight.

Nevertheless this update is a very nice one, refreshing NC and i hope that it brings more people for a longer time.

Nice job KK!

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 05:13

why play a non-monk?Don't fight on first person then. 3rd person seems to reload nearer to the "normal" speed we're used to. even though you can still hear the animation noises still going on after this.

Oh, and in light of this new feature, shouldn't your name now be changed to PiewClickWhirrHissWhizzClunkPiew ? :angel:

tomparadox
02-12-05, 06:00
I like it, i think KK did a good job. Finaly starting to get it together.

Though i think some stuff does still need some work, i managed to fix my FPS problems with some tweaking of the fog distance and detail settings, but for the most part its fixed. The gun models own, the reload time sucks...really bad...

I will probably be posting screens of stuff tomorrow. Depends if i have time.

Btw, if anyone needs a spot to host screenshots PM me, i wont remove it because of bandwidth, because i have unlimited of it.

eprodigy
02-12-05, 06:54
***APUS AND PPUS ARE DIFFERENT FFS! THEY ARE ALL MONKS BUT YOU CANT BE WTFUBERPWNT AT BOTH*** (hybs dunt count cuz blessed hyb dmg is laughable altho they have good survivability; HL hybs do good dmg with dmgboost but defenses are only barely on par with that of a PE, most times less)
monks need LoS like anyone; only time when u dont is if u go 3rd person and tilt the camera.
monks dont have a reticle because we use our MIND to target rather than aiming with eye and hand.
monks dont take 10 secs to reload a gun because we dont have a gun; it takes us 20 seconds to recover our psi pool to full. while we can keep shooting if we want, our psi pool will depelete even quicker and our RoF is halved.

its fine. learn to play.

(^ only thing i got out of playing WoW)

i had a bad day today, thanks for the good laugh

Typeoneg
02-12-05, 07:01
Yep.. hilarious

20 seconds to fill up a psi pool ? riiiiight.. More like 4-5 seconds for 400 mana. GJ KK on boosting monks again.

Zheo
02-12-05, 07:10
I think KK worked really hard on this and it pays off when you look at the new veg, and weapons. I think rather than finding faults we should thank them for their hard work? After all if you can't do better...

Anyway, Thank you Reakktor!

.Cyl0n
02-12-05, 07:37
Well i really like most of it. Couldnt test all of the SL changes yet tho. What really really annoys me tho is the reloading thing! I cant remember that anyone ever really complained about it and everyone just got used to switch to heal and also to the timers. I think this changes alot of the balance and monks benefit from it... seriously. Tanks are alot slower in total now because of the slow reloading ...
Also 1 thing i really hoped for wasnt in :(
The monk casting animation is still terrible... with the new nice looking reload animations you could have done a new casting animation too :|

The models look awesome... the veg too although it eats my ram and fps :)
Most of the sounds are sexy too... like the PE etc..

I really hope for those thigns to get fixed... and besides that im really impressed about your work KK :)
Good job! Don't stop now! ;)

SyncError
02-12-05, 07:50
I would most definately be able to write my own review right now, but I'll keep it short and sweet and most more of my thoughts later.

Evolution is great. Well made and nicely executed. Nice work KK.

Spoon
02-12-05, 07:54
I find it unplayable at the moment....

Cant see a damn thing.....

Regardless of what I adjust ingame or my on video card(desktop and Full Screen 3D).....

It's just waaaayyyy too dark.

eprodigy
02-12-05, 08:30
I think KK worked really hard on this and it pays off when you look at the new veg, and weapons. I think rather than finding faults we should thank them for their hard work? After all if you can't do better...

Anyway, Thank you Reakktor!

i am just complaining that rather then continue to try and make it more presentable, how about make it more playable?

Dargeshaad
02-12-05, 08:50
i am just complaining that rather then continue to try and make it more presentable, how about make it more playable?
...and make it less monkocron

ZoVoS
02-12-05, 09:01
apu's cease to be over powered when ppus are nurfed, so until that day we shall just have to wait

as for evo i love it

constant 30 or 60 fps with all detail up full. my crashout bug if i stand in the same place to long seems to have gone, in all its great

btw everything in regence is totaly bugged

mobs either hit u for hours doing no damage or hit u 4 times n kill u (my poor lil tank)

the lvl 127 didnt scratch me 4 times i went in there running around meele shockering it for fun

last time i went in there 3 hits n i was on 12 hp running like a baby

but in all the mobs are great the vegi is great im getting intrigued with teh story line
what i am wanting now is to test recycling regence junk, se if i can make anything new

Black Mamba
02-12-05, 11:02
this is the end of lowtech pe's now, aswell as using under powered pistols i now have to wait 10secs to reload

MasterChief
02-12-05, 11:30

why play a non-monk?

cause a monk cant do all those at once?

E. Cryton
what i think about evo ?
medkits not activatable when they're in quickbelt.
heal is not working.
primes/sd casting after 3 seconds.
horrible graphic issues.

i hate it.

SorkZmok

its fine. learn to play.First off, hybrids. Blessed hyb damage may be laughable but because of their blessed heal you will die in the end. And APU hybs can get PE defence and still outdamage every PE. Not to forget, they don't have to aim/reload.

Monks DO NOT need LoS. Every other gun will do zero damage when the target is actually not in a LoS (on the server) whereas HL will still hit for full damage. Because of the stupidly shit netcode, this is another HUGE advantage monks got.

And it's not about OMG MY MIND DON'T NEED RELOAD!1, it's about balance. The time i need to relaod my gun is enough for an APU to waste me. Even with halfed freq, they can hit me and i can't hit them. Or just heal, stealth, drug, whatfuckingever. So stop talking out of your ass, monks are completely unbalanced. Now even more.

It's not fine. Learn to accept that your favorite class is overpowered.

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 11:33
"kid, stop whining, learn to play your class"

i'm pretty sure anyone will reply something like this ...
and i'm really sure this "anyone" will be a monklover ;).

Learn to accept that your favorite class is overpowered.
and now take a guess why its the favorite class...

Selendor
02-12-05, 11:45
Having played around on it for a few hours last night, overall I think its a good patch. Compared to other patches there has been no need for a hotfix, the bug thread isn't exactly overflowing with problems.

Saying that, the darkness isn't quite right, I hope they fix that soon, certain parts of the landscape and rpos are too dark compared to everything else.

Also, the things they have added would never have made my top 10 list of improvements I would like to see in Neocron. It doesn't really change much does it. The only thing I like the sound of is the directions the factions are taking, back to a Neocron 1 style complex relationship, as opposed the red vs blue cack we've had for the past year.

LaZyBoY
02-12-05, 12:54

Haters :rolleyes:

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 13:05
k, now i really hate evo.
my apu is at -55 sl, coz i killed a single pro city (i'm dre, had +11 sl)
my rifle spy is at -46 coz i killed a single pro city (i'm cm, had +7 sl)

how embarassing.

Matthew.v.smith
02-12-05, 13:10
What does everyone think of the new Evo patch then?

I think KK has made a serious step in the right direction releasing this patch, and although I will have to get used to the new soul light rules I think they have done a really good job improving the OZ and the FPS, runs very smooth now in full detail (getting over 60fps most of the time.) And the Speed gat sounds just like the mini gun in terminator 2, very nice touch. ;)

If KK can keep releasing content of this quality and work on those mem leaks maybe we will start to see some serious population increases :)

I'll second that..

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 13:44
if his post was meant to be ironic i have to second that as well ...

BlackDove
02-12-05, 14:20

how embarassing.

Good to know that the new implementations are working.

Shia
02-12-05, 14:22

how embarassing.

thats the whole fricking point , u kill your OWN , you will be punished HARD for it.

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 14:26
I find it unplayable at the moment....

Cant see a damn thing.....

Regardless of what I adjust ingame or my on video card(desktop and Full Screen 3D).....

It's just waaaayyyy too dark.Buy a flashlight. They're quite cheap, so i'm told.

I think it's more realistic now that people cant gain an advantage over others in dark sectors / outdoors at night by pumping their gamma to the max. It's a bit like the old advantage of one player having vegetation on, and another having it off. Now we're all on an even footing. I run DX9 in full screen and i dont have a problem seeing things. Sure, it's a little darker at night, and that's the way it's meant to be. You just have to travel more slowly and watch where you're going more... just like RL. Also try lowering the lights in the room where you play.

my rifle spy is at -46 coz i killed a single pro city (i'm cm, had +7 sl)Stop killing your own side then :rolleyes:

Read the zone rules carefully before you kill anyone. If you really must kill your own allies (or neutrals for that matter) go to battlefields or the wastelands which are more lawless. Oh, and don't kill anybody in apartments or levelling in dungeons either. Better still... perish the thought... leave the city and kill reds.

Napalm82
02-12-05, 14:31
I like the new patch, the models are nice, havent crashed yet, and my FPS is great everywhere now.

One thing tho...the sound of my Uzi is...well...sucky, to say the least.
It used to sound like a real uzi on steoroids, and now it sounds like popcorn.

Other than that, great patch.

- Nap

Bugs Gunny
02-12-05, 14:34
thats the whole fricking point , u kill your OWN , you will be punished HARD for it.

How about the way the stuck it to CM from the rear end?
I guess CM are now nothing but stageprops, since hey.... we kill one we ALLWAYS lose sl, and with the current drops of sl it's not even funny anymore.

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 14:39

u dont got it.
i'm cm. i kill pro city. do i kill my own? NO, READ MY FUCKING POST.´
honestly, citymercs are getting punished for roleplaying atm.

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 14:41
How about the way the stuck it to CM from the rear end?
I guess CM are now nothing but stageprops, since hey.... we kill one we ALLWAYS lose sl, and with the current drops of sl it's not even funny anymore.*sigh*

Another one who hasn't read the patchnotes. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129981)

City Mercs have it good... they can kill whomever they please in any outdoor sector. Battlefields: no SL or symp loss. Wastelands: no SL or symp loss. Hacknet: no SL or symp loss. Outskirt sector: no symp loss and a tiny drop in soullight. You're only gonna be shafted if you kill certain people where you're not supposed to: like when they're levelling in dungeons or seeking sanctuary in an apartment. In a city sector, you are monitored by the authorities and there is a moderate punishment for killing people who aren't allies, but not enemies either. Follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about.

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 14:42
kot, what am i supposed to do if i'm getting attacked in p2 ? just run away ? awesome! really awesome!

Shia
02-12-05, 14:42
u dont got it.
i'm cm. i kill pro city. do i kill my own? NO, READ MY FUCKING POST.´
honestly, citymercs are getting punished for roleplaying atm.

kk at 1st glance i will admit i didnt notice u said CM 2nd time , i saw Im dre etc etc and killed a pro blah blah blah , thats what i was refering to , as for CM , i thought that your sl would drop but not alot ? thats what i made from all this , patch notes etc .

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 14:46
kot, what am i supposed to do if i'm getting attacked in p2 ? just run away ? awesome! really awesome!That's one option, amongst many others. Then there's stealth... ppu buttplug... friends to help you... or better still.. good old revenge: you can be the "bait" to let them kill you, they turn red and then your mates appear from around the corner to gank their red SL asses and farm their belts :) Your mates grab your belt, then you get a rezz. Simple.

Bugs Gunny
02-12-05, 14:51
I was on my cm pe, i killed a next runner un viaroso2. I dropped from +13 to -45 in one hit.....

That's what i'm talking about.

Btw, how much hack does one need to hack -32 and lower belts?

BlackDove
02-12-05, 14:53
I'm gonna go with none or almost nothing.

Shia
02-12-05, 14:55
I was on my cm pe, i killed a next runner un viaroso2. I dropped from +13 to -45 in one hit.....

That's what i'm talking about.

Btw, how much hack does one need to hack -32 and lower belts?

Ok thats real harsh , and there was me thinking of going cm on my new lowtech pe once i had done 2 pro epics , now O_O is there rly much point ill lose just as much as a pro or anti then i would as cm . I realy thought from what i had read on notes and stuff posted by mods/devs that CM would get hit for sl but not alot.

Vae Victis
02-12-05, 14:59
evo2.1 sucks.

sounds are queer, plus whenever I shoot I get disconnected.

SorkZmok
02-12-05, 15:03
*sigh*

Another one who hasn't read the patchnotes. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129981)

City Mercs have it good... they can kill whomever they please in any outdoor sector. Battlefields: no SL or symp loss. Wastelands: no SL or symp loss. Hacknet: no SL or symp loss. Outskirt sector: no symp loss and a tiny drop in soullight. You're only gonna be shafted if you kill certain people where you're not supposed to: like when they're levelling in dungeons or seeking sanctuary in an apartment. In a city sector, you are monitored by the authorities and there is a moderate punishment for killing people who aren't allies, but not enemies either. Follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about.So what if i'm being attacked? Drop dead? Or kill the tard and go right to red sl. Then i'll get wasted by the guards, drop a red sl belt and am fucked over.

The SL system is even worse now without a flag system if you get hit first.

BlackDove
02-12-05, 15:06
Drop dead if you're in the punishable zones. Fight back if you're not.

Also, running is a viable tactic.

SorkZmok
02-12-05, 15:09
Drop dead if you're in the punishable zones. Fight back if you're not.

Also, running is a viable tactic.
Not an option for me. Bleh. :(

E. Cryton
02-12-05, 15:13
That's one option, amongst many others. Then there's stealth... = running away.

ppu buttplug... 1.) just embarassing, 2.) i'm fetish

friends to help you... so half of my clan gets neg sl? n1.

or better still.. good old revenge: you can be the "bait" to let them kill you, they turn red and then your mates appear from around the corner to gank their red SL asses and farm their belts :) Your mates grab your belt, then you get a rezz. Simple.
hell ya, i will let them kill me, get my pa3, heal, whatever hacked, return with any other char to recognized they already left to their appt to fix sl?

any other options?

hinch
02-12-05, 15:48
You really must love to level that tank, this is like the third time since I remember you started one and talked about it :p I tell you, you'd love a PE. Cap one before I get back so you me n QD (I'll try find a way to get the bitch back in) can fuck around :p

Speaking of which have you seen... Wyatt Earp... err what was his nick... Billy the Kid... errrrr - Right Doc Holliday? Haven't seen him for a while but I know he's been keeping tabs around here some months ago.

In any case, good deal on the reactivation. This game is essentially fun if people play it honestly, and it's been missing that a lot lately. But yeah, memory leak has been a bane of my existance as well, would love to see it fixed.

i had a fully capped pistol PE it was called strangely enough "Pist0l PE" :) started it on uranus iirc :).

this will be my 3rd fully capped tank.

2 monks my jupiter one and the pluto one i made after i deleted my 2nd tank.

only class i havent really stretched out to the max is spy never felt the urge to play one.

Ryen
02-12-05, 15:53
evo2.1 sucks.

sounds are queer, plus whenever I shoot I get disconnected.

Reinstall, and if it appears the patcher crashed, just wait. I had the exact same problem. Do this, go to regents, and you will have a much different opinion of evolution 2.1 :) .

BlackDove
02-12-05, 16:01
i had a fully capped pistol PE it was called strangely enough "Pist0l PE" :) started it on uranus iirc :).

this will be my 3rd fully capped tank.

2 monks my jupiter one and the pluto one i made after i deleted my 2nd tank.

only class i havent really stretched out to the max is spy never felt the urge to play one.

Yeh I remember Pist0l - you took him when I first met you in Gaya wasteland. You're making a new one when/if we come back.

Spies are only good for a few things really (though i have two on my account...the droner is a hoot i fully capped in like five days... mmm droner theme weeks, other can't decide werther he hunts with a silent hunter or hacks) but generally not for the mainstream "i-need-to-shoot-and-be-shot-at" so I doubt that's your game (it's not mine really either).

But fucking around with PE's in general is just simply fun. Fang QD and I used to screw around with TT HQ (only enemy back then) employees and generally n00b around for a little while. Twas fun because of the defense and offense capabilities, hard to die with all the spells and crap. Should repeat that some time. ;)

sl33py
02-12-05, 16:17
heya dove :)

So you're back too huh :D

I'll be back soon... if/when dell delivers... itwas the 5th of december, got delayed to the 7th already :(

No pc and bad tv make SL33PY go ... :(:(

(I can read the forum because i'm @ work atm) hmmm p4 3.OGhz, 512 ram... .. must resist... may not lose job... )
:D:):) :angel:

Tidus_Origin
02-12-05, 16:37
Patch to 147 - big list of corrupted files.

Download all corrupted files

Patch to 148, 149, 150

(launcher crash a couple of times)

Log in, every NPC/player skin is the Item Man ("Woo, I have a medikit for an arm!") and I get d/c within 5 seconds (if not instantly).

Time to see if re-installing works...

*digs out NC2 disc*
*copies all patches upto 146 to another folder*

BlackDove
02-12-05, 16:40
heya dove :)

So you're back too huh :D

I'll be back soon... if/when dell delivers... itwas the 5th of december, got delayed to the 7th already :(

No pc and bad tv make SL33PY go ... :(:(

(I can read the forum because i'm @ work atm) hmmm p4 3.OGhz, 512 ram... .. must resist... may not lose job... )
:D:):) :angel:

If you go to SS I will END you.

sl33py
02-12-05, 16:44
fcuk meh...

but but... I used to be SS @ pluto before I even started playing your anus (that one never gets old :D)

Sunny Rosalind
02-12-05, 17:00
I think that 2.1 Evolution is really good :)

The wastelands additions turned out amazing, and I can drive around with full vegetation without it touching my FPS too much which is an absolute improvement from what it was in pre-2.1. I don't have any screenshots of my own to post but I think this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130007) really says a lot. My favorite picture is this one (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1908587&postcount=9) taken by Jack Drake. Everything blends so well together in that picture, it's really impressive.

With that being said, there are few areas in the wastelands that need to be looked at. I've drove past more than a couple of floating trees. And also, some places in the wastelands have 'sudden' changes as opposed to the more gradual changes; for example, one large patch of land will be completely barren, with only a few trees, and an area directly next to it will be completely covered in nature with trees. There's no 'inbetween' with the barren area and the flourishing area. It's pretty awkward, but not really that big of a deal.

I really like the new gun models, animations and sounds. They're so creative, detailed, and involved. My favorite weapon would have to be the plasma pistol; I love watching my hand in first person unscrew the plasma container as a red blinking beeps and flashes, just as much as just as much as I like to watch the wires lurch forward as I shoot and quickly slide back into place with a proud, announcing click. I was unable to find a weapon that was not at all charming, well-thought out, and futuristic without seeming alien or over-the-top. I also like how all of the different weapon families have similar characteristics, as opposed to only the color similarity pre-NC2.1. All of the fusion weapons wheeze and whir as they shoot and reload, laser weapons have that 'energy-disc' thing that fully opens as it's being placed into the gun. There's a lot more, but I'm sure I don't need to say it.

Although, the incredibly detailed and involved reloading animations do come with a price. Reloading times for just about every weapon (I think?) has been increased a lot. The nailgun is a perfect example of this, it requires at least 7 seconds to reload. I would rather see increased ammunition sizes instead of simplifying the animations, to help balance them out. Also, the weapon effects (fusion balls, rockets, etc), don't really seem to fit in with the very cool new weapon models, it just seems kind of out of place. It's not really an issue, but after seeing what the art department is able to create with the models, I would really enjoy seeing what they can do with effects.

The new shadow effect is subtle but adds a lot, when you're in the right area. Sometimes people will be dark in a light area, and it seems out-of-place.

I haven't gone to Regants Legacy yet (it seems pretty scary and I'm wondering if I'll end up having nightmares for months about the things in there :P), but I have almost seen the Phoenix CPU (a Ping of Death got me :(). The blinky-stuff bug in hacknet (players and monsters would constantly flicker) seems to be fixed, which is really great. The new hacknet attack/defense/regenerate programs' new first person model is now visable in third person, which is nice, but they seem to be at an odd angle. Also, new weapon graphics have not been added.

After the first day of 2.1, it seems that all of the new high-level dungeons have been completed at least once, which I'm sure isn't intended. I think this is yet another sign that the AI really desperately needs a complete overhaul (assuming it's even possible to do that?)

The www.neocron.com website, while being really cool looking and a definate improvement over its predecessor, and was everything that was promised (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1902518&postcount=1) doesn't really feel like an "an important tool for every Neocron 2 player". I was sort of hoping that it would give some more detailed ingame statistics; perhaps server percentage, a percentage breakdown based on faction, a seperate one based on class, another one for outpost balance, and maybe a stockX chart. I'm not a webdesign guru, though, so I have absolutely no idea how feasible and difficult it is to do that.

Back on the plus side, however, KK delivered everything that they promised so far on time without completely blowing up the servers. This is really impressive to me (and other long-term NC players too, I think?) but probably has no effect on the newer players' opinion of 2.1.

2.1 seems to be a love-it or hate-it deal. I personally love it, but I've loved NC before this. I don't think 2.1 will make many of the cancelled accounts reactivate; I'm sure that noone quit over the weapon graphics or wastelands appearance (perhaps the new high level dungeons will make a few people stay, but after they're finished there's not a whole heck of other stuff to do)

It was very fun to play on terra when it was at 30%+. I actually bumped into other people while running around DOY... that's never happened before. I wonder if outpost wars will be any bigger now? It would be pretty cool to have 20+ vs. 20+!

I can't wait for 2.2. Hopefully it will address more of the issues that caused many people to leave in the first place.

I hope my opinion was clear as it is in my head. I'm an awful writer, please bear with it :)

sl33py
02-12-05, 17:41
@rosalind

That what is not there, might be that what is bound to come. Said patch etc is still announced as beeing the first... interpreted by me as saying, there is more to come... later.. so do not despair, them statistics might still come, just later :)

Spoon
02-12-05, 17:49
Buy a flashlight. They're quite cheap, so i'm told.

That won't help me see what's in my Inventory or Quickbelt, I have to curse over everything to see what's what....

It seems certain video card/moniter combinations are now gimped/borked...

Dogface
02-12-05, 18:19

i swear i could kill someone if i hear shit talk like this in NC. wow forums are bad enough. yesterday i thought "hmm lets check out whats going on in wow" so i browse the forums, come to an interesting post and within minutes some %^$& has pissed me off with "ZomG learn to PlAy n00b !".. can we not bring the stupid ****ing shit talk into NC PLEASE..?

Nidhogg
02-12-05, 18:39
The www.neocron.com website, while being really cool looking and a definate improvement over its predecessor, and was everything that was promised (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1902518&postcount=1) doesn't really feel like an "an important tool for every Neocron 2 player". I was sort of hoping that it would give some more detailed ingame statistics; perhaps server percentage, a percentage breakdown based on faction, a seperate one based on class, another one for outpost balance, and maybe a stockX chart. I'm not a webdesign guru, though, so I have absolutely no idea how feasible and difficult it is to do that.
I already have an agreement in principle with Thanatos to petition the community to submit guides for publishing on the new site. How and when that is to happen hasn't yet been decided. I don't know whether it's possible to expose in-game statistics on the site though I agree that something like StockX would useful.

N

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 19:08
hell ya, i will let them kill me, get my pa3, heal, whatever hacked, return with any other char to recognized they already left to their appt to fix sl?

any other options?You didn't read properly what i suggested. You won't lose your pa3, heal, whatever hacked if you don't lose your SL. Your friends, clannies, whoever can also get your belt for you. I didn't say anything about returning with another char later either. Someone else can be ganking the people who ganked you, or you can do that yourself after you've been rezzed.

That won't help me see what's in my Inventory or Quickbelt, I have to curse over everything to see what's what....

It seems certain video card/moniter combinations are now gimped/borked...If your rpos is hard to see, then is does seem like you have some issue with your gfx card / monitor. My RPOS is fine. Have you tried changing your RPOS colour using /set gfx_hudcolor ? You can even change the colour values manually in your rposcolor.ini file

t0tt3
02-12-05, 20:05
Yep.. hilarious

20 seconds to fill up a psi pool ? riiiiight.. More like 4-5 seconds for 400 mana. GJ KK on boosting monks again.

LOL tried to waste all my mana today and took a psi3 booster... took me OVER 14 sec to get it. The thing is that you can pop and cast right after 4 - 5 sec you will only get 2 - 3 hls. BUT that can make a diffrence in pvp, on the other hand if you dont have S/D you'r prob. fucked before O_o

And a HAB drains all whats left in your pool if you prefer dmg over pool..