PDA

View Full Version : quickbelt sound

naimex
01-12-05, 20:57
I mentioned it to Hoder the second i entered the server, now ill say it here.

quickbelt sound, sounds like metal-chains rattling, really annoying sound, please take it away.

kurai
01-12-05, 21:22
heh Yep.

My first sentence typed ingame for a year was ...

"Man - the new QB item swap sound is gonna get *really* annoying *really* fast" :D

Judge
01-12-05, 23:49
Exact the same first reaction.

To make myself better I pulled out my Libby fired off a round... but woe is me for the meaty submachine pistol sound had gone. Replaced by an irritatingly pathetic "phut phut phut phut" sound.

Zeninja
01-12-05, 23:59
Exact opposite here, I can't understand that how you hate that new one since the old one (some kind of hydraulic sound taken from Terminator soundtrack) was really awful (too ?).

This one is far more unobstrusive for my delicate hears, at least :o

Why don't you make any suggestion about a better QB sound then ? We're all hears.

edit : a good alternative could be the possibility of turning it off in settings.

SovKhan
02-12-05, 00:06
sounds stupid when playing a monk. unless the gaya glove is chailmail all of a sudden.

giga191
02-12-05, 00:19
sounds stupid when playing a monk. unless the gaya glove is chailmail all of a sudden. opening part of the glove to change module = soundage

SovKhan
02-12-05, 00:21
not a chainmail like sound. the glove is solid metal so maybe a clank type sound.

sanityislost
02-12-05, 01:10
KEEP IT, lol i love that sound...its sexy :D :D

SiL ..:..

[TgR]KILLER
02-12-05, 17:17
KEEP IT, lol i love that sound...its sexy :D :D

SiL ..:..

as i said ingame.. i hate the sound of the new qb. but i also mentioned.. "sil i bet you like the sound of chains" :P

Ryen
02-12-05, 17:19
No matter to me, hasn't gotten incredibly annoying yet. Nice change of pace in my mind.

Vampire222
02-12-05, 17:20
put it and the old lib sound back, yes it's waste of effort to use the old stuff instead of the new stuff, but seems everyone likes those changes least...

[TgR]KILLER
02-12-05, 17:22
nah like all new weapon sounds really as most weapons. it sounds more real :p

only the hl sounds wierd but looks wierd to so it matches lol :)

ROG ownz now tho =) looks evil

Dogface
02-12-05, 19:17
the QB sound was either some mechanical thing or someones throat being stood on? or is it just me ? :confused:

yah libby sounds like a spudgun =/

-FN-
02-12-05, 19:55
I feel like I'm using a bomb defusal kit in Counter Strike when I hear it...

Ozzon
02-12-05, 20:15
Keep it please, I love it! Chainmail FTW! :D

Bugs Gunny
02-12-05, 20:33
It's ridiculous.
And so are some of the pistolsounds, it's like a bloody cartoongun

Dade Murphey
02-12-05, 20:50
I like the new sound...I think it's a bit better than the hydrolic lift-esqe sound

SyncError
02-12-05, 20:54
I love the new quickbelt sounds, but that may only be because they better suit my character. I'm a lowtech ballistics guy, so the new sounds seem perfect. My libby is a bit weak sounding now, but I don't mind. My only complaint is that while the libby's firing sounds were replaced, the silencer sounds were not.

Now the silenced Libby is LOUDER than the non-silenced Libby. =p

Mr Kot
15-01-06, 16:44
Over a month later.... are you all getting used to the sound now?

Is it still as annoying as that first day? Or have you forgotten all about it and never notice it?

Dogface
15-01-06, 17:08
About the lib sound too, the old liberator was better in every single way.
Better sound and a much much better look. New libby sucks ass !

RogerRamjet
15-01-06, 18:38
Evo fucked my sound anyway so i havent been able to hear it :(

Paper Dragon
15-01-06, 18:50
Over a month later.... are you all getting used to the sound now?

Is it still as annoying as that first day? Or have you forgotten all about it and never notice it?

Don't notice it, personally.

The noise was a bit surprising and irritating at first, but I seem to have blotted it out these days. Then again, it was the exact same thing as the original sound effect we had; despised the weapon changing noise, but eventually overcame it.

Bugs Gunny
15-01-06, 18:58
Libby is still a joke.

T'Pol
16-01-06, 12:53
The new QB sound is just nice as it is :) The old one was horrible and annoying.

Demental
16-01-06, 12:58
I can't bring myself to use a libby anymore. The sound and gun are pathetic. Really would like the original sound and model back for it. Other than that the new sounds don't bother me. I rather like the new quickbelt sound. :p

awkward silence
16-01-06, 15:49
guys... an uzi sound like that IRL. Then again a libby is not a real gun and neither is NC.

Regardless, i like the new libby. As for the QB i dont really care.

Zeninja
16-01-06, 15:59
guys... an uzi sound like that IRL.
Some unidentified uzi sample (http://saule.free.fr/neocron/uzi.wav)

turbineS-line
16-01-06, 16:05
Not only does NC need some new sounds, but I'd like to see a new genrep model pop up. :o The genreps look like some alien animu sex/torture device you see on some off-japenese show. tbh.

I'd also like to see a different psi glove model. It looks half-assed. While a small detail, it would make so many people happy. Shit, so many monk users have to stare at that thing all day, why not give them something sexy to look at?