PDA

View Full Version : Spelling gentlemen

cRazy-
01-12-05, 19:30
Neocron Exploaration Technology Inc. on the faction page.

If anyone else finds anymore mistakes post them here, might help those guys fix them quicker :)

Odin
01-12-05, 19:34
Yup post them in here. I'll see about getting them fixed up.

cRazy-
01-12-05, 19:42
February 17th, 2143, 07:45 a.m.
A meting of the crisis committee at Federation HQ, New York, is held.

story page

(btw i still love reading the whole timeline story, good read :D )

Rabiator
01-12-05, 23:27
Some more from Terra:

-The story of Cerbious (NPC in medicare at Plaza 1) is in rather lousy english. Too many errors to list.
-The zoo keepers describe the animals in German. Correct German ;) but on an english speaking server a translation might be in order.

Mortikai
02-12-05, 00:33
not sure if Cerbious is the same person that I am referring to, but the X-mas NPC has very poor english.

Nidhogg
02-12-05, 01:26
-The zoo keepers describe the animals in German. Correct German ;) but on an english speaking server a translation might be in order.
They were originally written in English so there shouldn't be a problem there.

N

bubba
02-12-05, 17:45
Some more from Terra:

-The story of Cerbious (NPC in medicare at Plaza 1) is in rather lousy english. Too many errors to list.

Why don't you PM Cerbious and tell him. It's his story, not KK's.

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 19:32
The Zoo NPCs in game are full of mistakes too, but too numerous to post here. I may collect them some other time and send them in.

Rabiator
02-12-05, 21:24
Why don't you PM Cerbious and tell him. It's his story, not KK's.
Oh. In that case, I'd like to apologize if I hurt his feelings.
Volunteers who work for free deserve a bit more tolerance than paid developers.

Mr Kot
02-12-05, 21:50
-The zoo keepers describe the animals in German. Correct German ;) but on an english speaking server a translation might be in order.Isn't that more to do with the version of the client you installed? afaik, if you install the german client, you get german text whatever the server.

The zoo keeper spoke english for me, albeit hurriedly typed "english"

Rabiator
03-12-05, 00:10
Isn't that more to do with the version of the client you installed? afaik, if you install the german client, you get german text whatever the server.

The zoo keeper spoke english for me, albeit hurriedly typed "english"
Hmm, my client (download version) is mostly german so that might be the reason. "Mostly" because not everything is localized, so it is easy to get it wrong :lol:.
And some other NPCs are definitelty NOT speaking in German, so the zoo keepers might actually stand out by being done correctly while other parts of the game lack a translation. I hope I have not mislead good old Nidhogg here ;) .

ZoVoS
03-12-05, 01:17
Oh. In that case, I'd like to apologize if I hurt his feelings.
Volunteers who work for free deserve a bit more tolerance than paid developers.

as far as i remember he won a compertition with his story to have his character put in game

rob444
03-12-05, 01:29
I noticed a misspelling on a word on first or second sentence from the christmas information NPC in plaza 1

Vae Victis
03-12-05, 03:25
cerbious said "actully" instead of "actually"
I'd kill him for that mistake...

who the fuck cares tbh? you understand it right?
if you do, wheres the problem?
although I gotta admit Cerbious, dont drink when you spell!
fuckin brit :p