PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Structure

Nidhogg
01-12-05, 11:17
We hope you like the new simplified forum structure. This is step 1 of a 2 step process. Step 2 will be a forum re-skin to bring it in-line with the main Neocron website and that will happen over the next few weeks.

We've also taken the liberty of archiving some older material but if there's anything you'd like to see restored just let a moderator know. If there are any general questions about the forum then feel free to start a thread (in Community Talk) or PM a moderator. Thanks.

N

Selendor
01-12-05, 15:48
First post etc and so on.

Good luck with it all Nid. Am interested by the Terra forum you've created, recognising that smack talk and clan rivalry generates interest in the game is a good thing, but could prove a headache for you mods!

Ryen
01-12-05, 16:13
I actually like it, a much more streamlined look while maintaining enough information to actually seem like it fits into the neocron enviroment. Good job.

Also - Dribble, I told you a reskin was coming when 2.1 was announced :lol:

Philchow
01-12-05, 16:16
Reskin = 5 *

Riddle
01-12-05, 16:27
Yeah i like the new structure also glad you got rid of the many profession splits and combined into one.

Logan_storm_03
01-12-05, 17:01
yeah i like the new layout

Tratos
01-12-05, 18:27
the new layout is very nice :D cant wait for the reskin in a few weeks.

but where did the brainport go :(

EDIT: Also how fucking busy is the forum? lol

Nidhogg
01-12-05, 18:36
We felt that we'd evolved past a dedicated Brainport forum so we removed it. We're still interested in people's ideas but I think we'd all be happier seeing them in the Community Talk forums where everyone can see and comment on them. We've effectively phased the Brainport out over the last year or so.

Back in the day when NC was first being developed it was a great way to collect interesting ideas and concepts for possible inclusion (it's also a format that's been copied by other games since then ;) ) but since we wanted to simplify things it was an obvious target.

N

PsionicBuddha
01-12-05, 18:39
Great thinking.

Fafhrd
02-12-05, 13:51
since the restructure the forum rss feed aint working anymore. It used to be: http://forum.neocron.com/external.php?type=RSS2

Is it coming back in any form?

Eckhart
02-12-05, 15:35
I like the new look forums, a lot easier to find stuff now that I don't have to check which forum its a subforum in.

Good work so far Nid/other mods. I look forward to the reskin :)