PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reorganization & Downtime

Thanatos
30-11-05, 16:43
In addition to the new client and website, the release of Neocron Evol 2.1 tomorrow, December 1, will also bring a restructuring of the official forums. As a consequence of this reorganization, the French-speaking forum are will be closed. Of course the French-speaking players are invited to continue participating in the discussions on the English-speaking forums.

The official forum will be closed tonight at 8PM CET and will remain closed until approximately 10AM CET on Thursday so that all the necessary steps for the restructuring can be taken. There is no need to back up your posts as the existing posts will be carried over to the new forum structure. Thanks for your understanding.

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 16:46
Can I enquire as to why this is happening?

Tratos
30-11-05, 16:49
Any idea as to what this will entail aswell i.e. will we be losing some forum areas e.g. when the new RP/BM forums were set up the older posts remained in the hidden old RP forum and we had to request some of the stuff we wanted to see.

Also will the forums finally be brought under the same design as the website (in this case to look like the new website released on the 1st)?

To answer my question :p

lol, any excuse to call me a dirty piece of shit in all CAPS and get away with it. :p

Remember that the forums will be down for a while this evening while we mangle them out of all recognition but don't be expecting a re-skin tonight because we're not there yet. There will be a re-skin to bring it into line with the new website style though. It's about time we got a fresh new look around here. :)

N

RogerRamjet
30-11-05, 16:53
I can understand why the French forum is to be dropped, but it seems to be excluding them from an aspect of the game once more?

CMaster
30-11-05, 16:56
Hmm. SO the french won't be able to speak french on the forums any more?
/me evisions French ------ German shaft-o-meters...

Tratos
30-11-05, 16:56
Just when the French forum has got some control back into it, although Hel isnt around a crap load for official stuffs.

Ryen
30-11-05, 16:57
The french forums are dead to begin with, I think this may be due to turning pandora into a PVP server, though. I think that pissed off the majority of them enough so they left. [ edited ]

ANYWAYS, great news about the reskin, nice to see you guys completely changing the entire community to better suit the game as it is. New website, new forums, and (hopefully) better game.

john irons
30-11-05, 17:19
[ edited ]

i wouldn't touch that with a 10Ft barge pole

kane
30-11-05, 17:43
[ edited ]

fschepper
30-11-05, 17:49
[ edited ]

Finl
30-11-05, 17:51
when we are getting option for download it? becouse there is lots of people with slow connection...

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 17:53
Releasing the patch/client several hours ahead of time would be a good idea.

[TgR]KILLER
30-11-05, 18:08
afaik the french forum was there because there was a french server so nothing to announce in french for the french server.. the french server is gone thus the french forum is getting closed to..

doesn't seem to hard to understand to be.. there are just english and german servers now thus only those forums are there.

the thing about excluding french people is rubbish.. there aint a dutch, belgian, danish or whatever forum eighter :)

kane
30-11-05, 18:23
[ edited ]

Castr0
30-11-05, 18:26
I m a French who has always played on English servers since NC1, I have nearly never tried French server and I do not post threads on French forum either but I still think you should have let them a server and a forum to play/speak in. I went a bit on french forum to see what my frenchy mates are talking about and I saw that the French server has a really different way of playing Neocron than we (Terra) are, it is really more friendly I think. Now, I would understand if they feel persecuted 8| and start leaving Neocron.

I think you did a bad move KK.

Nidhogg
30-11-05, 18:35
Kane, keep that up and you'll be taking a break.

The decision to cease support for the French language was not taken lightly. We made every effort to keep up the level of support we used to enjoy with our partners AlchemicDream but we simply don't have the resources to provide the level of support that is required of us. Given the choice of providing an unacceptable level of service that alienates a segment of our community or officially ceasing support for the French language we felt that we had no choice but to go with the latter.

We welcome any nationality wishing to use the English or German forums and of course we hope that our French-speaking customers will understand our limitations and continue to remain with us in the future.

N

MkVenner
30-11-05, 18:46
I've always liked the structure of the forums, compared to some, they're simple and easy to use, hope they don't get moved around TOO much...

Then again I might just be an old fogey set in my ways :p

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 19:06
Nah, I agree. hopefully it'smainly a reskin and cose streemlining.

Nidhogg
30-11-05, 19:17
Don't worry, it's not major surgery we're performing. We're going to make the forums even simpler than they are now.

I would think the change that will be most welcomed will be that we're setting up a forum where you'll finally be able to post shit talk about people and clans. So long as it's related to the game and not overly offensive (e.g. RL threats) that forum will be left pretty much alone. ;) The other areas of the forum will still be strictly moderated though so there will be absolutely no excuse for breaking the rules in the moderated areas.

Yes, I know I said it would never happen. Aren't we allowed to change our minds? :p

N

-FN-
30-11-05, 19:23
Yes, I know I said it would never happen. Aren't we allowed to change our minds? :p
Using the word 'never' never works :P

Man, what the hell am I supposed to do tonight while I'm waiting for 2.1? I guess I could actually log in... unless that's gonna be down too :(

Dargeshaad
30-11-05, 19:25
*makes ready the flamebait*

giga191
30-11-05, 20:01
thanatos i want my halloween contest prizes :(

Jipz
30-11-05, 20:09
:mad: :mad: :mad:
good news for french community :o

Riddle
30-11-05, 20:16
Good to see the Forums getting a facelift and hopefully in keeping with the simple layout i have become used to :cool:

Lets hope all go's well.

Shame to hear about the closure of the French forums but Nid your explanation is fair enough and from a support point of view valid.

Tratos
30-11-05, 20:18
Nid or anyone whos looking would this please be considered.

The RP and BM (Black Market) forums are currently hiding and seperated into english and german speaking forums both nationalities play on both of these servers so i think this is possible a bit odd, any chance of making an "Ingame Forum" set which contained subforums of RP, BM and the new Shit talk forums :p lol

unreal
30-11-05, 20:20
Personally I find it funny that they're talking about support, Reakktor give absolutely none of it.

Scanner Darkly
30-11-05, 20:30
This should make for some interesting reading.

Good luck with the launch tomorrow and see you lot in game.

Dade Murphey
30-11-05, 20:31
Personally I find it funny that they're talking about support, Reakktor give absolutely none of it.

That's not true...I've needed help ingame and put in a ticket and got help fairly quickly...I've needed support from customerservice for things and got a timely response...I've sent a few questions to nid and got answers quickly...THAT'S support...maybe you didn't get the answers you were looking for but they DO offer quick and timely support most of the time

Mr Kot
30-11-05, 21:03
It's gone 8pm CET... what's wrong?

kane
01-12-05, 17:35
Kane, keep that up and you'll be taking a break.

The decision to cease support for the French language was not taken lightly. We made every effort to keep up the level of support we used to enjoy with our partners AlchemicDream but we simply don't have the resources to provide the level of support that is required of us. Given the choice of providing an unacceptable level of service that alienates a segment of our community or officially ceasing support for the French language we felt that we had no choice but to go with the latter.

We welcome any nationality wishing to use the English or German forums and of course we hope that our French-speaking customers will understand our limitations and continue to remain with us in the future.

N

Hey it's a new day should we play round 2 :P

Nicor
03-12-05, 14:14
Too bad that the french forum is closed now. The end of Pandore was already hard to accept, and even harder when looking at how emty the PvP server is (between 0% and 2% so even worse than Pandore... who would have think?).

No support in french is not a good reason to close the forum. Just explain the french that you cant provide them with support would have been enough... and they would have appreciate to keep a place where they can share their experience of the game.

After all this, I hope KK is not thinking about increasing its NC2.1 sales in France or starting a box release there... if so, closing Pandore and french forum may not have been the best calculation.