PDA

View Full Version : Some Click2Pay Help for "Invalid Credit Card Number"

krynstone
30-11-05, 09:51
Hello everyone,
I stopped playing a while ago because I needed to focus on school and C2P wouldn't accept a new card in place of an old cancelled one ("Invalid Credit Card") and am comming back when Evo2.1 hits. I just tried to update my account because of problems with updating my credit card before and ran into the same problem.

Today I talked it over with C2P and my bank. Neither C2P nor my bank claim to have done anything but all of a sudden, after a few months of not accepting my card, tonight it did. When I called C2P to find out what was going on the rep told me that before they could get the subscription to Neocron working, or anything else for that matter, they would have to have me send a scanned copy of the face of my card in to allow them to verify that it was a valid second credit card. They then offered to remove my no longer valid card, activate my Neocron sunscription, and put things right.

What it seems like to me is that some-one on C2P's end flipped some magic switch to allow a second card to be added to the account, then they asked me to further verify my card, and I think everythings going to be good.

I did all of my negotiation, except scan of my credit card, over the phone and it looks like that may be what is needed to solve the "Invalid Credit Card Number" error. Just inform them that you want to add another and that you want the original card removed from your account first.

ridec
30-11-05, 10:02
Well I almost had the same kinda problem. Just had two accounts, and not two creditcards - but two different C2P acc's, and their system only allows you to use one unique credit card. So therefor I phoned them for 5 days :mad:, and they claimed they had to get permission to do some stuff from neocron, and neocron hadn't answered on their email. Then I emailed a GM here on the forum and he helped me, and it ended with neocron did had anything to do with it, and C2P atleast fixed it for me. So, next time just keep phoning them, and they'll get tired of you!

Cerbious
30-11-05, 10:04
phone calls expensive?... where is C2P based?

ridec
30-11-05, 10:07
phone calls expensive?... where is C2P based?

I have some speciel card, so it's cheaper to call out from the country :-). C2P is based in germany i guess? Think I heard him say: Gutentag, and then I asked for english support :-). They are helpsome, but sometimes it takes to long!

giga191
30-11-05, 12:24
c2ps website is stupid because you can register a new card once one has expired because its the same number

Logan_storm_03
30-11-05, 13:34
same problem yesterday for me, We sent each other about 6 emails so far, still nothing is sorted out. They just kept blaim shit on my card ect. saying i should get a new one or something, yet i know it works fine because im running another account of it.

Oh and also i just canceled that account so i dont forget that its still active as i tend to do a few months down the line, once i canceled it they sent me a email saying THEY canceled it because they said i wasn't paying them,?? :confused: wtf

Odin
30-11-05, 14:16
I did all of my negotiation, except scan of my credit card, over the phone and it looks like that may be what is needed to solve the "Invalid Credit Card Number" error. Just inform them that you want to add another and that you want the original card removed from your account first.

They cannot ask for scans of a Neocron 2 customer (provided you signed up via the NC2 launcher and not directly via them). If they do such contact us at account@neocron.com and we will look into it.

#1 cause of error tends to be expired cards on record

Logan_storm_03
30-11-05, 14:29
ah crap, i signed up to the pay by cash thing thinking there was a option to pay via paypal, since i just did the same thing with my eve account. Guess not now its stuck on pay by cash ;/ damn you c2p!

Ryen
30-11-05, 16:05
I sent an e-mail last night concerning a C2P problem. My account will be cancelled in 7 days if something isn't done. I got an e-mail saying the last payment was rejected by my credit card (which couldn't have been right considering the first went through perfectly), and when I went to the website to try to reactivate my credit card, it told me to "enter the amount by C2P at your bank statement". Which didn't make any fucking sense.

Why doesn't PBC use PayPal? Does PBC support credit cards? I'm willing to stick with C2P if this shitty issue is resolved.

ariall
30-11-05, 19:03
I have the same problem at the moment.
My old creditcard has expired, so I received a new one from my bank.
The only difference between this 2 cards is the CVC code and exp. date, but my nc account is expired.

I tried to update my creditcard on the c2p website, but this was not possible because you can only use one uniqe creditcard with c2p.
So I e-mailed click2pay about it, they deactivated the old card so I could
register the new card.

In the e-mail they told me to mail them back after I registered the new card, so they could reactivate my neocron account.
Why click2pay reactivate my account, or KK have to do this? :confused:
Still waiting on the answer from c2p.
They better hurry wanna play nc 2.1 evo tommorow :rolleyes: :p

Dave_ThePe
01-12-05, 15:51
ah crap, i signed up to the pay by cash thing thinking there was a option to pay via paypal, since i just did the same thing with my eve account. Guess not now its stuck on pay by cash ;/ damn you c2p!

Use Netellar there fast and as good as paypal.

Seriously

Logan_storm_03
01-12-05, 16:54
Ok thanks dave ill check that one out if i cant sort c2p out.

Mr Friendly
01-12-05, 18:05
PBC, thats my answer neway

Ninel
01-12-05, 20:00
If you have an expired credit card in your C2P account and your new card has the same number just different CVC and so on, then please email service@click2pay.com saying that your new card has the same number. The old card will then be inactivated and you should be able to update your card without any problems.

Also, state that you are a Neocron user and you should not be asked to send copies of anything...

Ninel

HavokFenix
02-12-05, 02:29
I had huge problems with c2p when my replacement credit card did not show up (bank had to issue a new number). So after trying 5 different credit card numbers and getting that same damn "invalid credit card number" message on ALL of them..... I said screw it and went to paybycash. (I called them on their toll free number listed on their site and they kept telling me "the problem is with your computer, not our website.... so much for customer service huh? lol)

Not sure if that was the best move as aparently they activate your account within 30 min but shut it down again while they wait for the banks to transfer funds..... real pain in the butt. (they will tell you some B/S like it's a NC coding problem that Rekktor is aware of..... blah blah blah... pass the buck!)

Odin was very helpful in my case and got my account up and running by directing my "help ticket" to the appropriate party but I had to wait until the following Monday (this started on Wednesday before Thanks Giving) when that person was in.

So THANKS ODIN for stepping up and helping out... probably would still not be able to play if not for you.... but these payment processing companies that are being used are a bit of a um..... challenge to deal with.... lol

Well all patches are d/l finally.... Time to play ;-)

optiplex
02-12-05, 02:50
What i want them to do is to remove my card period, but it keeps asking for another card to put in place of the one removing, i just dont wanan deal with c2p any more and dont want them to have a record of my card. I dont wanna waste 3 dollars a min just to remove a card from the stupid site. Need a better billign system -_-

HavokFenix
02-12-05, 03:18
go to their website... they have a toll free number... (if you're in USA I guess it works....)