PDA

View Full Version : The ppu's kk, the ppu's.

Terayon
30-11-05, 07:03
It was looking good for a while. We had threads made by KK discussing the problem and they even offered solutions.

Did you guys figure more people would leave nc if the problem was fixed rather then if you did nothing?

Did you change your minds and dont think there is a problem at all anymore?

Is the problem now just to daunting and its just being ignored?

I would like a reply from someone at kk on whats going on with ppu's.

elGringo
30-11-05, 07:22
last news were that callash and carbonite should deal with the issue...havent heard from carb in a while .. and callash was moved to the archives. :(

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 07:50
I says someone high up at KK realy loved his ppu and they were both punished for their medling.....

Dargeshaad
30-11-05, 08:43
last news were that callash and carbonite should deal with the issue...havent heard from carb in a while .. and callash was moved to the archives. :(
Ye, the same question was asked a few month ago with no commentary from KK at all....callash was fired and that was just about the end of trying to resolve the ppu issues

giga191
30-11-05, 12:04
niddy, do your job and tell KK that everyone hates PPUs

Dr J Zoidberg
30-11-05, 12:13
The game is fine as it is.. If they remove it people will only b*tch about it being removed and then people will want it back. They may be "iyo" overpowered... It's the game, and you grew up with the ppu's and apu's in place. what is the point in changing it...

Thats my two cents...

-Z

giga191
30-11-05, 12:18
The game is fine as it is.. If they remove it people will only b*tch about it being removed and then people will want it back. They may be "iyo" overpowered... It's the game, and you grew up with the ppu's and apu's in place. what is the point in changing it...

Thats my two cents...

-Z i wouldn't bitch if anyone apart from apus could kill ppu buffed people

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 12:25
You don't NEED ppus at all.

With FETISH we have leveled off the MKII bugged doybots without ppus, when we die, we get poked.
The problem is that some people have gotten so used to just standing there, emptying clip after clip into mobs and people without having to move or think.
Also, it's a great relief not to hear this on ventrilo constantly :

"Hi guys, just logged on. Anybody got a ppu? I need a rez in el farid, my tank needs a rez at this op, then my spy needs one in pepper2, can you come over there and get me up?"

I've capped ALL classes but a ppu solo. And it doesn't take a lot longer than with a ppu. I don't see this obsession people have with not dying or constantly gettin rezzed these days. It's just a few pokes and maybe a belt you lose. No big deal.

LTA
30-11-05, 12:31

Thats my two cents...

-Z

Nah i grew up with uber hybrids rather than ppus but still had a lot more fun since the general hyb would be battling the enemy hyb which meant the rest of us could fight with ppu intervention.... which we did and i thought was great.

I am with the other guy tho wouldnt bother me if theye didnt turn the tide of the fight vastly so easily and if they were killable to more than noob buffers or apu's.

and reps on fetish for no ppu fighting lol.... any space in the clan ;)

giga191
30-11-05, 12:34
You don't NEED ppus at all.

With FETISH we have leveled off the MKII bugged doybots without ppus, when we die, we get poked.
The problem is that some people have gotten so used to just standing there, emptying clip after clip into mobs and people without having to move or think.
Also, it's a great relief not to hear this on ventrilo constantly :

"Hi guys, just logged on. Anybody got a ppu? I need a rez in el farid, my tank needs a rez at this op, then my spy needs one in pepper2, can you come over there and get me up?"

I've capped ALL classes but a ppu solo. And it doesn't take a lot longer than with a ppu. I don't see this obsession people have with not dying or constantly gettin rezzed these days. It's just a few pokes and maybe a belt you lose. No big deal. it's really fun getting poked every 5 mins because you've been killed by a kami...

Seraphin[69]
30-11-05, 12:41
PPU are no longer immortals (antidote sanctum is gone), they can die from various things (a para-spamed ppu with 3 tanks on his back will die easily (PoB or Devourer), same thing against a few apus (and faster if there is even an apu hybrids with them that can DB and nib S). 3 xbow/exec PE/spies can also take a ppu down (with nib D and even nib S and a few well placed nib heal). The ppu your side will only have to un-para you.

And don't tell me you're not thinking the same way... why do you think all ppus have to GR out instead of staying on the playground ? Or even funnier they start to clipwhore like hell ?

The main problem isn't the ppus atm, the main problem is that the APU has the same armor than the ppu, meaning a fucking damn high resistance against the 2 biggest damage ingame, let's say around 140 energy armor and 110 fire armor for the heavy fire belt, or even 180 energy, 40 fire for the holy spirit belt's users. Some will even use heavy poison and laught against a raptor (high piercing resist) or a devourer while they have a holy heal on.

In every game I played sofar, monks, aka mages, are supposed to be a fucking freaking damn big good arse offenser with spells killing everyone in an instant, but can die from a fly's fart. Apus should be as weak as a spy, I mean they should have a fucking bad vest as spies do, they should have the STR that spies have (maybe less STR and more PSI and/or INT)

PPU are ok to be the invincibles one, apus shouldn't. :-p

Dr J Zoidberg
30-11-05, 12:43
it's really fun getting poked every 5 mins because you've been killed by a kami...

V.True. I'ts getting bitch annoying...

-Z

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 12:50
Getting poked takes a few minutes, lying around waiting for a rez can take a lot longer.
And yes, kamidrones are totaly fucked up but that's no excuse to bring a ppu.
Nor is it "fun" to see a clan not defend, but just send out one damageboosting ppu and a revengedroner.....

retr0n
30-11-05, 13:02
Getting poked takes a few minutes, lying around waiting for a rez can take a lot longer.
And yes, kamidrones are totaly fucked up but that's no excuse to bring a ppu.
Nor is it "fun" to see a clan not defend, but just send out one damageboosting ppu and a revengedroner.....

There is no reason to bring ppus, they drop just as easy :p

--

Anyway, the only use I see for ppus in this game is high level content (mc5 etc)
wich should be changed because the current system sucks, and the other use
is op-wars.

Op fights would suck without any ppu support. Fights would last a couple of
minutes. It would be stealth-o-cron I don't mind the ppu being an unkillable
freak of nature, cause that's all they got, but remove para / db from the ppu
(and all other forms of para), and make holy foreign buffs be as strong as
blessed ones.

Fix PEs so that they cant access the highest rares ingame, and make a db
tool for the PE wich they have to either gimp con to get (more dmg less resist)
or skip the db and get better con but less dmg.

Also implement jetpacks!

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 13:07
A highly constructive starter post there.

I've said all I will say about what I think needs to be done several times, and I can't be arsed trying to debunk the bat shit crazy ideas allready posted in here.

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 13:11
I remember when i started playing and Templars on Saturn was a very powerfull clan. Those were the days when people brought 2 ppus to an opfight with 10-15 people on each side.
Right now they'll bring at least 1 ppu per two fighters and on some occasions dedicated paraspammers.

Makes you wonder actualy if it's KK's fault for making ppus do what they do or is it playermentality?

LTA
30-11-05, 13:17
Well you give the player a chance to make a powerfull char there gonna make a powerful char.... i picked ppu coz i generally end up being a healer in mmo's i didnt realise that my healer would end up being rock solid and not only that could bless others with said rock solidness :p

I only blame kk for as much as they dont seem to make comments on it when a lot of people are angry about it...and drones always go on the up n down wont be long before the kami takes a hit.... along with the raptor.
Anti Heal tech was a good start towards providing anti ppu measures, pity thats abotu as far as anti ppu ness went especially wityh the removal of spirit (what was wrong with it?) ammo.... unless spirit is a woc 1 mod or something i dunno.

sultana
30-11-05, 13:29
']PPU are no longer immortals (antidote sanctum is gone), they can die from various things (a para-spamed ppu with 3 tanks on his back will die easily (PoB or Devourer), same thing against a few apus (and faster if there is even an apu hybrids with them that can DB and nib S). 3 xbow/exec PE/spies can also take a ppu down (with nib D and even nib S and a few well placed nib heal). The ppu your side will only have to un-para you.
The thread is not only about ppu's themselves but the effect they have on everyone else. I doubt many people would care if ppus remain as "unkillable" as they are now, so long as they don't boost anyone else to that same level.

As it is Parashock either needs to go, or something else other then expensive, uncloneable, 1 use, anti parashock drugs needs to be implemented to counter parashock. And don't give me the bullshit "bring ppus to combat ppus". And this "something" that counters parashock has to work so effectively that it makes using parashock practically worthless.

There are many ideas out there for "fixing" ppus that are at least worth trying, one being DJ's ideas on heals, or self cast shields. Whatever, just something other than what it is now.

john irons
30-11-05, 13:41
ppu's wont get any nerf.

end.

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 13:55
/set crotchety_old_fart_mode 0

The thread is not only about ppu's themselves but the effect they have on everyone else. I doubt many people would care if ppus remain as "unkillable" as they are now, so long as they don't boost anyone else to that same level.
Exactly, ideas or arguments that are concerned with making ppus more killable, are missing the point, the root of the problem is deeper.

Point about foreign shields.
Foreign shields do not overpower players, they are not the main problem with PPUs, they simply make the different classes unbalanced in team PvP, it's a secondary consideration to fix them.
As I have said before, the problem is the rate of healing on the high lvl spells. Fix that (uniform heal rate across the board) and suddenly the tl10 heal isn't too powerful in the solo arena, blessed hybrids are more or less fixed (though hybrids in general need a few tweaks) and PPUs are immidiately less of an absolute requirement in PvP. They would amplify a fighters abilities as they should do.
Clearly things like skill changes (so lvl 3 buffs are actually useful), mob dmg/hp, PPU invulnrability and DB considerations would be needed, but the basic issue is what's important.

/edit - My views anyway. Coming very close to being a very arrogant twat :p.

CMaster
30-11-05, 14:29
The healing issue certainly is a problem - if you cant keep CONSTANT damage on one fighter, then they are all healed up in 3 seconds..... Para is the fun-killer of the game, and overall shouldn't be there. I think forigen shields are tolerable - sure they place the PE slighty worse off compared to other classes, but then the PE is stroger solo than all bar the hybrid. One thing that I will stand steadfastly by is that a team with a PPU should be at an advantage (although not such a great one). Theres a lot of teamwork involved making the most of the PPU and there needs to be some compensation for their lack of offence. It should be very hard for a solo PKer to rip through a balanced team of 4 people. Another factor that got dismisssed before, was the idea of scrapping monk armour. With heavy belts and PA, the resists are still reasonable...

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 14:36
PEs are only the most powerful solo because of a combination of things that really shouln't be there for them. The previous skill changes (which made lowtechers suddenly underpowered, making DB use even more profound, in both them and high techers) and the tl10 heal.

A team's viability should be completely independant of the char types within it. People should not be forced to play a role to be viable.

giga191
30-11-05, 15:11
fetish do realise that they aren't the only people who come to cycrow right? e.g. all the apus and ppus that we need to fend off with viable chars...

anyway, lets see what KK do tomorow

PcP'
30-11-05, 15:14
Make Foreign cast shields have a higher % drop
make heals that are foreign cast have a % off
make mc5 hit less hard

ppu's are fixed

who cares if they are god like if their team is dead and as stated get a whole team on one ppu and theres a good chance he will die aswell

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 15:16
Yes, i am very much aware of the apu-ppu teams that raid cycrow too.
I'm also aware of the fact that one pe causes 5-8 people with ppus to storm out also.
The only reason i went to raid crp lately was to get some footage.
Raiding crp is a no-win situation. No matter how many people you kill, they keep calling you a nib. More and more monks are logged, untill you die.
In the end they get rezzed and you are one step closer to getting repairs on your implants.
I prefer going somewhere where i can kill someone , hack his belt and sell his shit to yos to cover for the drugexpenses.

Terayon
30-11-05, 15:23
It dousent matter how it gets done, it just want it fixed.

And about kami drones, why should one unbalanced thing that obvuously needs to be fixed influence another?

Seraphin[69]
30-11-05, 15:33
I'm also aware of the fact that one pe causes 5-8 people with ppus to storm out also.
Raiding crp is a no-win situation. No matter how many people you kill, they keep calling you a nib. More and more monks are logged, untill you die.
In the end they get rezzed and you are one step closer to getting repairs on your implants.
I prefer going somewhere where i can kill someone , hack his belt and sell his shit to yos to cover for the drugexpenses.

Yesterday I fought you with no fucking S/D and half health @ CRP and it ended in a double KO :-p (wanted to say GF but it took me long to be back on feet) So you were closer to imp's repairs and didn't hack me :-p

Shia
30-11-05, 15:45
make tanks PPU killers .

Ryen
30-11-05, 15:50
There has to be a medic in the game, only problem is the medic himself is far too powerful. I don't have the slightest clue on how this could be fixed in a reasonable manner.

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 15:55
When people say "i fought you" it's funny when the fraps shows two apus, one dying and the other poisonstacking my corpse. Maybe you didn't see him?

But i also got a good laugh out of the double ko :-)

Selendor
30-11-05, 16:07
PPU's have been nerfed heavily since Neocron 1 in two ways:

- Sanctum Spells Removed
- Netcode and Server Lag since Neocron 2 launch

Unless it was fixed in the last 3 months (and not just by lower player numbers, because that will change next week), the delay in knowing when you are getting attacked has meant that PPUs are much more vulnerable than they used to be. I've fought hundreds of op fights in the last 3 years and these two factors have made the difference.

So, while I would agree that further optimisation of the PPU's dominant foreign casts are always a possiblility, PPU's aren't as big a problem as they used to be, at least in op wars (as opposed to more casual raids and grudge pvp, which a lot of you seem to be more interested in on these boards).

Bugs Gunny
30-11-05, 16:11
They are more of a problem than they used to be in nc1, since there are just a LOT more of them.
I can't recall a clan in nc1 that had a dedicated paraspammer ppu with them.
In NC2 i've seen it happen with several clans.

LTA
30-11-05, 16:13
Nerf there force resist :D

giga191
30-11-05, 17:45
I prefer going somewhere where i can kill someone , hack his belt and sell his shit to yos to cover for the drugexpenses. no ones gonna stop calling other people nibs, no matter what they do

retr0n
30-11-05, 17:58
no ones gonna stop calling other people nibs, no matter what they do

Scenario #1:
Lone ppu is walking around and suddenly an apu show up and antibuffs him &
kills him. PPU gres out and gets a dm from the apu calling him a nib for dying to
a single apu.

Scenario #2:
The ppu from before logs his apu instead, runs around and sees a ppu so he
goes for it, but he cant kill the ppu. After a while he receivs a dm from the ppu
calling him a nib for not being able to kill a ppu by himself.

Dargeshaad
30-11-05, 18:37
Scenario #1:
Lone ppu is walking around and suddenly an apu show up and antibuffs him &
kills him. PPU gres out and gets a dm from the apu calling him a nib for dying to
a single apu.

Scenario #2:
The ppu from before logs his apu instead, runs around and sees a ppu so he
goes for it, but he cant kill the ppu. After a while he receivs a dm from the ppu
calling him a nib for not being able to kill a ppu by himself.
Scenario #3:
Everyone deletes their monks and they all live happily ever after

MkVenner
30-11-05, 18:55
Scenario #3:
Everyone deletes their monks and they all live happily ever after

I can't really comment seeing how I haven't played in a long arse time, but if this was then, that would have gotten an Amen :p

Militaryman
02-12-05, 05:49
Make shields double edged, while reducing damage that comes into the user, make it reduce damage that goes out as well. Reduce duration on it slightly to make it a situational thing, rather then a one cast wonder.

Make it have a higher impact on Psi Spells then physical damage, and you'll nerf the symbiosis of APU/PPU monk teams.

Have it reduce all outgoing physical damage by 33% and all outgoing Psi damage by 75%. Leave damage boost in, but remove Parashock. Damage Boost is a very handy PE tool, and should not be removed.

Make higher TL Shelters and Shields over-write lower TL ones, same with heals. That way you won't have the immortality complex without a penalty. And the only ones who will really be able to benefit alot from it is PPU as they don't have any real damage of their own.

No real nerf to PPU, they're still just as unkillable, it will just nerf everyone else that uses the PPU's abilities and becomes insane with power. *cough* APU *cough* :lol:

Terayon
02-12-05, 06:02
no ones gonna stop calling other people nibs, no matter what they do

Name calling isent the problem.

And military man, shields realy arnt the problem. Interesting idea though. A but harsh on apu dmg with shields on though.

eprodigy
02-12-05, 06:22
monks in general are just one large bug.

I have given up hoping KK could find a real solution. REMOVE them from neptune and you'll revitalize a dead server AND bring a hell of a lot more people back then by putting in some new weeds on the ground (and those people are just here because its free for 2 weeks). man even I alone know so so many that would come back; entire clans.. and all the current population of terra that love ppus so much can stay there and op fight all day.

the game is just unplayable at the moment, at least for someone who plays for pvp. and at this point i just laugh at the people who try to convince themselves that ppus are fine with things like "learn to play" and various other garbage.

james_finn
02-12-05, 07:50
ok mr I know how to fix the PPU problem, how the f*ck are you going to do any of the high level mob killing on Neptune with none there? Try doing MC5 with no PPU, try doing the new Regants Cave with no PPU - I dare you to FRAPs it. Would make interesting watching.

At the end of the day I dont care coz I got transferred out of Neptune to Terra - you wanna remove half the high level mobs go for it.

Delphi

sultana
02-12-05, 08:11
ok mr I know how to fix the PPU problem, how the f*ck are you going to do any of the high level mob killing on Neptune with none there? Try doing MC5 with no PPU, try doing the new Regants Cave with no PPU - I dare you to FRAPs it. Would make interesting watching.
You do know that most mobs were boosted to the level they are now because of ppus.

PPU's have been nerfed heavily since Neocron 1 in two ways:

- Sanctum Spells Removed
- Netcode and Server Lag since Neocron 2 launch
You know as well as I do that no ppu ever needed the catharsis sanctum or the antipoision sanctum. I hardly call that a nerf.

Netcode and server lag effects everyone, not just the ppus. Even then all the ppus have learned how to adjust to it, so it's not real difference.

Not to mention, that all monks received the gaya glove, which no one really needs, extra 20 psu and 50 mana means now just about everyone caps their spells and has the pool to use them.

The only real nerfs to the ppu that I remember, were the foreign cast shields toned down to 50% (which was about when I joined) and Holy Parashock going from 105/min to 35/min.

eprodigy
02-12-05, 08:31

At the end of the day I dont care coz I got transferred out of Neptune to Terra - you wanna remove half the high level mobs go for it.

Delphi
wow.. pro ppu arguments just get worse and worse...

Militaryman
02-12-05, 08:31
It's not too harsh of a nerf on PPU damage, if it were the same amount of protection vs penalty, it would still leave APU's overpowered, considering they do enough damage right now to kill people in literal seconds, have one running around with a shield on and doing 2/3 the damage, and they'll still kill people just as fast.. Limit them to 1/4th of the damage and you'll have something there, other people will live 4 times longer while they'll be almost immortal, it's a tradeoff.

Terayon
02-12-05, 08:49
Right now monks can heal someone for 15 seconds. Thats 15 seconds of near godmode in pvp on anyone. An apu gains most becouse of low defence and high attack. Thats becouse their con dousent mean much when they can regen hp's so quick.

So we fix the heals, and con then begins to become an actual part of pvp with ppu's. Mobs can be balanced to compensate, or there are solutions that could be used where mob fixes wouldent even be needed.

Mr Friendly
02-12-05, 12:23
u cant further nerf foriegn buffs cuz ppl would whine, u cant nerf any of the spells cuz ppl would wine, BUT, what if we just lengthened the casting time for the holy heal? ppus still majorily needed & effective in dungeons, just now at OP wars & PvP they cant spam holy heal on everyone. simple. as many have posted on ppu fixin threads, its not the buffs that makes an attacker overpowered imbalancing PvP, its when they get that holy heal thrown on em, even unbuffed still with a holy heal on em you gotta have 2+ ppl hittin em steadily to have a chance of killing em.
< /rant>

Asurmen Spec Op
02-12-05, 15:26
u cant further nerf foriegn buffs cuz ppl would whine, u cant nerf any of the spells cuz ppl would wine, BUT, what if we just lengthened the casting time for the holy heal? ppus still majorily needed & effective in dungeons, just now at OP wars & PvP they cant spam holy heal on everyone. simple. as many have posted on ppu fixin threads, its not the buffs that makes an attacker overpowered imbalancing PvP, its when they get that holy heal thrown on em, even unbuffed still with a holy heal on em you gotta have 2+ ppl hittin em steadily to have a chance of killing em.
< /rant>

No,
Make Holy heal heal like TL3 but for alot longer

Terayon
02-12-05, 15:33
No,
Make Holy heal heal like TL3 but for alot longer

Ya, thats exactly what i want.

Honestly though there arnt many pvm places where you even need a ppu, so it wont even be that tough to balance.

forcefullpower
02-12-05, 15:34
The Balance is nearly Fine.

The only reason that you are all winging about the PPU is overpower.
Is because you get ganked by a APU & PPU combination.

Terayon
02-12-05, 15:41

You have no idea what your talking about. Just... go away.

MaGn0lia
02-12-05, 15:52
PPUs could be easily left background if the death penalties were not so severe.

I wouldn't take PPU with me to caves if only thing that happened was gear damaging. And if the repairers could repair everything at the same time it would make things easier.

Now just the whole system is made very difficult. First, when you die, you drop a belt, you drop imps, you get synaptic impairment, AND your gear takes a hit. Pokes take time, synaptic takes time, repairs take time AND cost money.

All this paired with the bad netcode and insane damage of the mobs, and you don't want to go out to adventure at all. Compared to other MMORPGs this is the opposite, they have some death penalties, but they don't try to bring you down with them, less severe penalties make people take more risks. I usually solo even hard quests in games, but in Neocron, I just usually sit inside because I don't want to wait for an hour to get synaptic off, poked and retrieve my belt, so I bring PPU with me if I go somewhere.

Riddle
02-12-05, 15:58

ROFL :lol: even the KK guyz know PPU's are an issue. But then you and your APU buddy would be no more :p

Dribble Joy
02-12-05, 16:45
Remember that mob dmg, hp, runner weapon dmg and everythign can be changed. In fact there was amassive mob boost in NC1 because of PPUs.
The concept is the key.

LTA
02-12-05, 17:01
Holy Heal is now officially silleh lol

I just watch a pvp fight between a tank and a spy each with ppu, the fact is with HH on by the time you've reloaded the person is fully cured and i aint exagerating it to much.
I watched a cs tank full cure in the time it took the spy to reload his slasher and i watched a spy full cure in the time it took to reload the cs, also i noticed with a tl 3 heal on.... i could last even longer with it on because nothing but the monk has the speed to maintain the dmg on the target long enough :p

Terayon
04-12-05, 09:13
So no official statement on anything yet from kk..... so this thread cant die yet.

Bugs Gunny
04-12-05, 10:16
Heh, i predicted that the reload would cause ppus to heal up all dammage to people....

Also within one week , opwars, nothing but monks and droners.

giga191
04-12-05, 11:29

Delphi i did all of regants without a PPU, including the boss....3 times. As for mc5, that's for droners these days

Terayon
04-12-05, 12:02
Regents is a bit bugged if you ask me.

Stuff like ceres labs and doy tunnels would need somthing changed.... would like things like storm bots to remain the same dmg and hp but give way more xp. Would take some time moving about to kill them. Might be fun.

LTA
04-12-05, 12:54
Heh, i predicted that the reload would cause ppus to heal up all dammage to people....

Also within one week , opwars, nothing but monks and droners.

Group Holy Heal and the fights never ending.

wargolem
04-12-05, 16:05
nothing wrong with ppus, u play a char that has very little offensive power then u gain the benefit of being very difficult to kill. PPUs are not imba, people dont like them beacuse a pe spy tank or apu can drop them on there own. Tough thats not the point of ppu else u wudnt have ppus to help u level and with tough quests cos no one would want to play them

Bugs Gunny
04-12-05, 16:24
Wargolem, PPUS by themselves are not a problem, but do this for me:

A good ppu-apu team vs 15 tanks spies and pes.......
Even if they are good, with the curent reload times, the 15 will get ineach other's way, the apu will run around the ppu to take reticle lock off, the ppu parashocks one target, apu drops him in 4 seconds, move to next target.

Get the picture?

Kierz
04-12-05, 17:10
I disagree with the problem being holy heal, IMO it SHOULD take more than 1 person constantly shooting someone with a ppu heal on to kill them, keep holy heal the same but remove foreign SD so we can outdamage it.

I don't know the exact numbers but I'm sure it's something like holy heal does 30 hp per tick (2 ticks a second or something? less wouldn't sound right to me) and CS does about 100 damage (really not sure it does that much but for example sake accept it :p) for a burst (takes about 2 secs, again not sure :p), so thats 120 health gained in 2 seconds against 100 damage given - damage outhealed. However 2 CS's would be 200 damage against 120 gained - 80 damage taken in 2 seconds.

Anyway, keeping this thread going till a GM or someone posts something usefull is quite a good idea, but I can see it going up to 100 replies before something is done (no offence) =]

Dribble Joy
04-12-05, 17:18
*desperately trys to think of a way to make people... think*

Asurmen Spec Op
04-12-05, 17:18
*desperately trys to think of a way to make people... think*

Na DJ, your doing it all wrong, KILL those who dont.
then they all think

eprodigy
04-12-05, 20:23
nothing wrong with ppus, u play a char that has very little offensive power then u gain the benefit of being very difficult to kill. PPUs are not imba, people dont like them beacuse a pe spy tank or apu can drop them on there own. Tough thats not the point of ppu else u wudnt have ppus to help u level and with tough quests cos no one would want to play them
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

no offense

Zeninja
04-12-05, 20:52
keep holy heal the same but remove foreign SD so we can outdamage it.
I may be wrong, but all you get doing this is getting more and more blessed hybrids, teaming with ppus to get a Psi3 so as to use high level offensive spells (with slighlty inferior dmg output) and using their own DS to get the exact same defenses as they got as pure apus before the nerf (even better, considering any blessed hybrid is able to use nearly capped hoy defl)

This is to say, remove foreign DS = nerf apu offense :lol:

Kierz
06-12-05, 01:59
I may be wrong, but all you get doing this is getting more and more blessed hybrids, teaming with ppus to get a Psi3 so as to use high level offensive spells (with slighlty inferior dmg output) and using their own DS to get the exact same defenses as they got as pure apus before the nerf (even better, considering any blessed hybrid is able to use nearly capped hoy defl)

This is to say, remove foreign DS = nerf apu offense :lol:
erk, never really thought of that, but ya right they would, people can be so lame:/

Transformer
06-12-05, 02:07
get rid of all forms of para and i'm happy.