PDA

View Full Version : ROLH and HL

giga191
29-11-05, 18:16
Please fix the aiming on them so that they can be viable pvp weapons again!! I never actually realised why ROLH was so crap until i was dueling in NF last night, and kid said that he saw 90% of the shots missing and doing dmg, while i saw 90% of the shots hitting (because of fire mod) and doing no dmg. Having said that, the dmg that rolh does when it does actually hit is balanced

Torq
29-11-05, 18:20
i noticed an equal bug in NF with healing light and ravager. If i get shot by this weapons I just lose like 13 HLT, some times even less. And I do know that this can't be true. Some times those weapons even do 0 dmg. Seems like beam weapons are fucked up in NF, and if rolh is crappy there, rayweapons seem to be affected, too.

SorkZmok
29-11-05, 18:32
ROLH got nerfed bad. Though i think you should try it outside NF, NF is weird sometimes...
I didn't even bother using it since the nerf, might give it a try cause i actually like the raypistols and if it isn't complete shit i might make a hightec PE.

And when did they nerf the HL? Last time i've seen it, it was by far the best rifle around...

Torq
29-11-05, 18:35
imo it is still the best rifle.... but it seems to be bugged sometimes... especially in NF. If your Opponent moves around HL deals from time to time really crappy damage. I just noticed this in NF. As i don't have any HL using char, i can't say anything about it outside.

PS: As the thread is named ROLH and HL I think it is not just me who thinks there is something wrong with that weapon.

giga191
29-11-05, 18:39
i think it bugs on people outside NF too if they move fast enough

Dargeshaad
29-11-05, 19:22
ROLH does crap dmg outside NF as well....as for HL being bugged then I can only say I've never had any issues with it, neither in NF nor outside

Kozmos
29-11-05, 19:26
yeh lets boost the HL O_o

[Edit] HL is a 'burst' weapon, even though you only see 1 laser come out, whats probably happening is that 1 of the 3 bursts are hitting thus the damage is lower, its like with the CS, 1 blob hitting is less damage than 4 hitting

Mystic-Crusader
29-11-05, 19:54
standing still the HL will do like wat 60-80 dmg to a unbuffed capped tank, moving around it will do about 10-30 at best, this was tested outside NF.

Can't say about the ROLH but the rayguns in general suck in pvp. Blacksun used to own tbh :lol:

giga191
29-11-05, 21:04
dmg on ROLH is actually really good but the server doesn't register hits that the client sees, i think the HL bug is a fairly recent bug (if u call last patch recent)

LiL T
29-11-05, 21:32
Thats what I'm thinking, when I fought you that time you were using ROLH, I stood still for a few seconds to use something in inventory. It seemed to hurt a lot when I stood still, was something like 3 - 4 shots you got on me and it stacked up some nice damage. You were hitting me when I was moving but it was doing shitty damage, I think this is because its a close range weapon and because of the bad net code. Were I apear to be close to you but infact I'm not, it don't do the damage you would expect, its the same when fighting a melee tank. You will try to keep your distance but even when he appears to be miles away from you, on his screen he is slashing you to bits.

It is pretty annoying this netcode we have =/

Torq
29-11-05, 22:18
yeh lets boost the HL O_o

[Edit] HL is a 'burst' weapon, even though you only see 1 laser come out, whats probably happening is that 1 of the 3 bursts are hitting thus the damage is lower, its like with the CS, 1 blob hitting is less damage than 4 hitting

actually nobody was talking about a boost. It's just that the weapon is atm bugged.

Kozmos
29-11-05, 22:43
actually nobody was talking about a boost. It's just that the weapon is atm bugged.

how is it bugged tho ? I use it and it seems fine :|

Neocron has burst weapons, and burst bonus. Your probably finding its doing the odd hit thatdoes small damage because only 1 hit from the burst made contact.

With a CS, 1 blob may only do 15 damage, linear that means a full burst would do 60, yet youll find it does around 80 instead because of the burst bonus for gettin the whole burst on target

Koshinn
29-11-05, 23:01
I like BoH... it just does bad damage tbh. I can kill people with BoH at 150% damage.

giga191
29-11-05, 23:13
how is it bugged tho ? I use it and it seems fine :|

Neocron has burst weapons, and burst bonus. Your probably finding its doing the odd hit thatdoes small damage because only 1 hit from the burst made contact.

With a CS, 1 blob may only do 15 damage, linear that means a full burst would do 60, yet youll find it does around 80 instead because of the burst bonus for gettin the whole burst on target it's not a matter of low dmg, it's that it doesn't actually do dmg even tho it looks like it hits

Seraphin[69]
30-11-05, 00:07
They can fix the Healing light bug with aiming, but they'd have to fix the shot per clip fixed aswell...

1 shot on a mob makes 3x XXX damages, and the clip only looses 2

It's a 8 shots clip not a 12 shots clip FFS

(even if it's still less painfull than the 30's clip xbow :-p)

vashtyphoon78
30-11-05, 01:03
i think the RoG took the worst nerf...tbh....my rifle spy cant use a HL yet and my pistol PE cant use RoLH so i cant say much about those...but GOD even at point blank the RoG does crap damage

THE_TICK!!!!
30-11-05, 05:01
well i tested the ROLH, due to the fact that i like the blue swirly...it does extremely good damage when the target is still, but when movement is slammed into the equation, it does half to even less depending on how FAST the target moves. even with full lock, and seeing it hit, im not sure if thats the same thing with HL or not, but it IS bug, nothing to do with the way the ROLH operates. fix plz :) it has such a sexy swirly

sultana
30-11-05, 05:31
']They can fix the Healing light bug with aiming, but they'd have to fix the shot per clip fixed aswell...

1 shot on a mob makes 3x XXX damages, and the clip only looses 2

It's a 8 shots clip not a 12 shots clip FFS

(even if it's still less painfull than the 30's clip xbow :-p)
It's meant to be like that. First shot does 1 lot of damage, second shot does 2. It's probably there as a type of burst bonus Kozmos was talking about.

jini
30-11-05, 08:04
Afaik, the Rolh had this bug since long time. And the Boh. If you stand still, they both v good dmg dealing pistols. When one moves fast then something happens. I remember once melee had same problems.
Itried the HL. I was using it before and I can say something is also changed thee as well, but I cant specify. Standing still the rifle does great damage. Move and something happens. However I cant say as I only tried on nf and fast moving subjects (PEs) and I have forgotten how to use rifles long time anyway...
dissie/FL works ok however... strange

Koshinn
30-11-05, 08:13
Does HL take up stamina? Do Dissy / FL / RoG take up stamina?

Rare TC pistols don't take up stamina, do the rare TC rifles?

jini
30-11-05, 08:46
Does HL take up stamina? Do Dissy / FL / RoG take up stamina?

Rare TC pistols don't take up stamina, do the rare TC rifles?
not sure that RoLH doesnt take stamina. All the rest pistols dont take stamina.
Dissie consumes 0 stamina, therefore it makes for the best rifle for a spy. The HL is a stamina blackhole. The FL consumes a lot less therefore maikng it a very good rifle for spies (as Eric already knows ;) I dont understand why he doesnt like the dissie) and certainly the coolest of all, even though I was dissapointed by the new evo design. However, why do we discussing the stamina issues here?
Edit: I do believe however, that If one wants to get good skills the best exercise by far is the use of FL/CS rifles/cannons

LTA
30-11-05, 13:06
Whats the damage like on the disruptor these days?
i remember it getting nerfed never got round to fighting with one after the nerf

ROLH must have got some nerf somewher because it was far stronger than now, i remember Rabbi owning most people with it.... that and the fact the blacksun was very very strong aswell and the rolh being the top tier of the tl

sultana
30-11-05, 13:35
Whats the damage like on the disruptor these days?
i remember it getting nerfed never got round to fighting with one after the nerf
Ever since it got nerfed and whenever the HL got boosted, it's never been worth using. As the HL is just about better in every respect, higher damage, the laser makes it easier to hit all three "bursts" and the HL is 5 TLs lower aswell.

LTA
30-11-05, 13:46
Ever since it got nerfed and whenever the HL got boosted, it's never been worth using. As the HL is just about better in every respect, higher damage, the laser makes it easier to hit all three "bursts" and the HL is 5 TLs lower aswell.

True that i know no one would use it over the Healing Light.... dosent it just need a damage increase a bit coz they nerfed the RoF?

it's so high tl it should laugh at the Healing Light in damage, would be good for it to be great again ... or is it going to be like the executioner..... has to wait years to have a day (along with the redeemer......)

jini
30-11-05, 16:14
Dissie is the most powerfull of all, quite normal for a TL115 rifle.
HL I tried today, what can I say about the HL? Something is wrong with it. Its like RolH is now meaning standing still and you make huge damage, but move a bit and damage is affected also. Looks like how RoG loses dmg over range, but in a lot bigger proportions. I wont even use it anymore, unless I snipe a stationary target. Best alternatives: Dissruptor/ First Love

LTA
30-11-05, 16:17
Problem i have with the First Love has alwas been the same... its rifle you stand 2 feet away from someone.... and you watch 2/3 blobs fly of wild and a couple hit.
Always seemed rare to hit all 4 and make the burst bonus, dissie was sorta the same in that a lot of blobs missed and hl is a lower option all i remember them doing was tweaking the damage on the HL so cant say much about it.

SorkZmok
30-11-05, 16:23
True that i know no one would use it over the Healing Light.... dosent it just need a damage increase a bit coz they nerfed the RoF?

it's so high tl it should laugh at the Healing Light in damage, would be good for it to be great again ... or is it going to be like the executioner..... has to wait years to have a day (along with the redeemer......)
In pvm the dissie does the exact same damage as the healing light, where the hl got a bigger clip and superior aiming.

In pvp it's different i think, the dissie hurts me quite more. Not sure though. There's one guy around atm using a dissie in pvp and hell that thing hurts bad.

jini
30-11-05, 16:30
yes, there is an accuracy matter with all burst type guns, but its nearly not an issue while dueling. it's like shooting with a CS. And yes its nowhere as close as a HL was,but the HL is no more so....
Yes, sorkzmok, atm the dissie is the most powerfull of all weapons, including the CS and the FL

Morganth
30-11-05, 16:54
I like BoH... it just does bad damage tbh. I can kill people with BoH at 150% damage.

I like the BoH as well, the only problem with it is if you go for a non-drug setup then your CON isn't great, which makes a Judge setup better because Judge damage is decent and you can have both resist chips in with heat/haz1 as well.

Koshinn
30-11-05, 17:38
I like the BoH as well, the only problem with it is if you go for a non-drug setup then your CON isn't great, which makes a Judge setup better because Judge damage is decent and you can have both resist chips in with heat/haz1 as well.
Actually the Judge does better damage.

Torq
30-11-05, 18:53
Even if the judge does better damage... wasn't this thread about HL and ROLH?

giga191
30-11-05, 18:58
HL messes up in some situations and does fine in others, but rolh is pretty much fucked up all the time