PDA

View Full Version : Storyline where the heck is this going?

Toxen
27-11-05, 03:09
If anyones not up todate with neocronicle and votr go read them, we all know theres been a sudden mass update which covers apparent friction between Next and TT, apparent manipulation of people by CA, an unknown hacker breaking into both DoY and NC news systems and mocking both sides with equal disgust, and now talk of the ceres disk's coming to light and their information been sold, also with some apparent link to Regants Fortress (though, guys at NC and Votr i think u meant Regants Legacy not Fortress).

It feels like the storys been blitzed just to make things feel active for the 1st dec

Dribble Joy
27-11-05, 03:19
Me, Cm and Trilly spent a little while at Regants Fortress (which is a really cool OP, like a 28th century castle) waiting for... something... but alas npothing.

Ryen
27-11-05, 04:49
To quote someone

Something big is going down, I can feel it in my shorts.

But dribble, where do you get your information? I've been spending a good portion of my time tracking down the so called HIOB group but haven't found a god damn thing. I've checked every resource I can think of too.

Edit: I'm an idiot, apparently the link was infront of my face the entire time D:

Tratos
27-11-05, 12:38
Last night i scouted the main route from Regants Fortress to the Legacy and there was no change from the norm.

Hell-demon
27-11-05, 13:04
H.I.O.B may not be a group but a single entity, not human :rolleyes:

Tickles
27-11-05, 13:39
As in the Phoenix in Hacknet?

Jagrfelm
27-11-05, 14:05
Hiob? There was a Runner i saw at MB, some Days back, he called himself "Hiob (cant remember the second Part)".

Hell-demon
27-11-05, 14:07
I'm thinking its Phoenix. Not on anyones side and KK said they needed a new engine to support the Phoenix, whats coming? a new engine :rolleyes:

Tratos
27-11-05, 15:31
I'm thinking its Phoenix. Not on anyones side and KK said they needed a new engine to support the Phoenix, whats coming? a new engine :rolleyes:

Actualy the engine has supported the Phoenix NC mob for ages :) it just needed behaviour tweaks which needed some new coding to be done.

And the engine is being tweaked with NC2.1 not replaced.

So :rolleyes: right back at you.

However i do agree that HIOB is probably linked with the Phoenix.NC group which doesnt take much to figure out due to the massive Phoenix.NC logo staring out from HIOBs messages.

Toxen
27-11-05, 16:46
Aye dirus spent alot of time getting pheonix boss mob to work on the current NC engine after testing prior to NC2's launch which apparently was sposed to include pheonix, causes the servers to crash. the graphics engine must have been tweaked heck of a lot to support the new higher poly models and effects, im guessing theres some part replacement in there that was originally ment for NC2 but didn't make the cut, could explain a few things and probably highlights a problem in the programming heirachy of KK

CMaster
27-11-05, 17:09
We were told a while back that the Phoenix CPU worked engine-wise, but flatlined runners instantly.

As for where ts the storyline headed - who knows. Theres no clear direction so far, in all these articles, save taht TG and CA may fall (somewhat) from power - probably to see FA on the up.

Toxen
27-11-05, 17:19
I wouldn't rule crahn out they've always felt they were wrongly diposed from the control of NC and don't like sharing power which they currently are in DoY, the alliances made to invade doy were temporary hastily made ones they're probably going to get strained beyond belief as TG is throwing resources and things crahn think are trivial such as defending the canyon.

Tratos
27-11-05, 17:20
It will be interesting to see if the relation between Crahn and Twilight Gaurdian will begin to crumble as they have only been allies due to their common enemy Neocron but im sure Crahn arnt happy with TG overshadowing the current Pro-Dome factions.

I want FA back in TechHaven damn it!

Dribble Joy
27-11-05, 20:11
FA back in TH, TG in the canyon, CS in the c06 church/OZ underground, TS in PP, BD and DoY (FA militants + residual ex-dome leaders) in DoY.

Tratos
27-11-05, 20:26
Perhaps NeXT setting up a small facility within TH when FA takes control due to FA being nice people NeXT used to be allied with them and Tangent being a bitch at NEXT.

Id like to see the majority of factions return to their old homes especialy the angels and TG.

Dribble Joy
27-11-05, 20:52
Like I posted in the other thread, NExT should become more of the indepantant entity it should/used to be.

I'd like TT abd BT to get back to fighting each other too.

LiL T
27-11-05, 20:57
TG should get a DOY enemy, maybe blackdragon since they were enemys in the past, it might give the north a bit of a shake up ;)

Tratos
27-11-05, 21:16
Anyone seen anything unusual in the last couple days then?