PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 14 week trial: A season of events ;)

=REMUS=
26-11-05, 19:42
Heya guys, I previously posted in the new runners forum. For those who don't know me. I have played on and off since beta mostly as a HC Tank ;)

*waves at people he knows*

:D

*shakes fist at people he doesn't like*

:mad:

Anyway I thought it would be a good idea to plan and implement a set of player and gm events during the 14 day trial to really tag any interested new runners.

Now this seems like an obvious suggestion and no doubt KK already have something planned but I figured we should really do as much as possible to make the release a sucess, some of the current nc2 players have no doubt never experianced 500+ player pops and I can tell you it is a very exciteing experiance meeting inderviduals all over the map. Situations spawning everywhere you go, walking into fire fights, aiding allys you have never met...etc

So lets have a think tank, have you got any interesting ideas?

I have a few:

Jail break: A dangerous criminal (or possibly more), say a melee Gentank has escaped controlled by a GM with perfect resists and the ability to use tl10 heal, blessed def and shelter.

Registered 3 man bounty hunter teams compriseing of no more than 1 ppu have to bring the dog tag of the fugative back to the starting point.

The tank in question will have permenant negative sl and will be fired upon by cop/stormbot units.

Rewards determined by the GM crew, if you arn't registered you don't get a prize.

Superhuman army: All gms could take and hold an uplink for a certain amount of time before they can teleport/generep out to the next uplink. Once/if they have taken all the uplinks without being all defeated they can then beam out.

These two senarios can be heavily manipulated, for instance the superhuman army could be spies from tokyo and the escaped criminal a member of an opposeing faction and only city mercs could claim any kind of prize from another faction.

No reward: This is one of the twist/suprises

I have several twists that I don't want to declare to the public if a GM likes the idea. And I encourage you to do the same with your ideas since you wouldn't want everyone on the forum to know every little detail :p but make sure you mention this!

Feedback on ideas would be as much use as new material!

=REMUS=
28-11-05, 02:57
No ideas :confused:

Kozmos
28-11-05, 02:59
still trying to find out when the 14 week trial is :p

=REMUS=
28-11-05, 03:03
hey man how have you been, neocrack still got ya by the nads? I think the trial starts dec 1st for people who previously played nc2?

Mr Kot
28-11-05, 03:05
(edited)

Kozmos
28-11-05, 03:07
(edited)

christ...

Nid i blame you, nearly all the humour and sarcasm has been drained outta the forum users now ...

damnit you edited it too fast ! :p

Icewalk
28-11-05, 04:07
14 week trial woot woot! Im drooling for the 3+ months of free play!

sanityislost
28-11-05, 16:20
SEX@REMUS :D

Think there will be alot events when evo 2.1 comes out, the storyline is ment to be getting a boost.

SiL ..:..

john irons
28-11-05, 16:29
SEX@REMUS :D

Think there will be alot events when evo 2.1 comes out, the storyline is ment to be getting a boost.

SiL ..:..

belive it or dont, you look just like remus.

=REMUS=
28-11-05, 21:25
belive it or dont, you look just like remus.

he has a mohawk and allot of facial peirceings... and unless he has changed allot explain how that looks like me :wtf:

P.S sex@SiL :D

cRazy-
30-11-05, 19:52
Um its 14 days..

Or am i just missing some sort of hidden joke here.

=REMUS=
30-11-05, 20:28
well the title was ment to be a play on the period of winter being a season of trial for the 2.1 addition because it is my belief that if the game hasn't taken off by spring then... well... I doubt it ever will.

sorry that one proberbly flew over most peoples heads let alone yours crazy :p

cRazy-
30-11-05, 20:40
lol, i just couldnt resist crushing the hopes and dreams of this guy

14 week trial woot woot! Im drooling for the 3+ months of free play!

:p