PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project

Thanatos
25-11-05, 17:53
Today we'd like to introduce "Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project". It is a classic arcade shooter based on the world of Neocron and will be distributed online as a teaser game to raise the interest in Neocron 2. The N.M.E. project was developed by a small team of new employees, who will join the regular Neocron 2 development team after this initiation project! "Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project" will be released on December 7. Check out the screenshots below!

http://entry.neocron.com/news/Neocron_Arcade_001.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/Neocron_Arcade_002.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/Neocron_Arcade_003.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/Neocron_Arcade_004.jpg

Drake6k
25-11-05, 17:56
First? oh my god!! That looks so cool =) I can't complain, I'm impressed kk.

Superbron
25-11-05, 17:56
Nice!

Vampire222
25-11-05, 17:58
not bad :)

Skusty
25-11-05, 17:59
I hate those kinda games :p I want fps :D

vashtyphoon78
25-11-05, 18:01
wait...new employees.......WOOOOOOT <3

wait a minute.....that second screenshot doesnt exist in neo...or is it a sign of something to come in 2.1?

Vampire222
25-11-05, 18:05
Regants legacy lol, wud make sense with the new mutants!

Tratos
25-11-05, 18:07
As the dude in those screenshots is the mysterious Jones like G-Man from the teaser image with the mutants captioned "Expect something completely different" does this shatter the hopes of what we thought that picture would bring?

i.e. Will what we saw on that image appear in some form ingame or was just merely a hint at this new Neocron Arcade Game?

It looks cool and it'll be interesting to play and wooo new employees :D!

Any details on these employees? are they additional employees or replacements? As we understand Callash (And rumoured Arbiter) left KK a couple months ago.

Appart from my slight moan - good work KK nice to see a bit of work going into promoting Neocron 2 :D

Dribble Joy
25-11-05, 18:07
*jizzles*

Terayon
25-11-05, 18:11
Always wanted a neocron 2d shooter :D. I always pictured it as being a side scroller though.

Looks better then i thought :) .

giga191
25-11-05, 18:12
this is beyond what i expected from KK :)

thanny read your PMs

Dominus
25-11-05, 18:12
Nice! But the best bit is new employees :p .

Dribble Joy
25-11-05, 18:20
Would be cool if we can play it in agme in an arcade:p.

pabz
25-11-05, 18:20
are you under new management?

Sovellis
25-11-05, 18:22
This looks like some great side action fun for neocron. Might allow potential new players to get a "feel" for the style and atmosphere in which the game world is set. Should be fun.

Gotta say well done to KK, looked at the forums last night for the first time in ages and the game really seems to be taking big leaps forward. New employees sounds sexeh as well :D

System
25-11-05, 18:25
interesting... but nice to see new coders to the team :D, Man i'm telling you KK if you do something amazing that everyone's been waiting for a long time for you are gonna get a lot of people back into the game.

RogerRamjet
25-11-05, 18:31
Sweet Mother Of Pearl!

Drake6k
25-11-05, 18:33
Neocron needs more lava.

retr0n
25-11-05, 18:35
Wow, just wow, you guys have been keeping busy =)
It finally seems as though you have a very good strategy in marketing this game,
this is really beyond my expectations. Very nice work KK & co.

Philchow
25-11-05, 18:36
Cheers KK ! :cool:

Logan Tyrus
25-11-05, 18:55
*massively impressed*
wow this is a completely different company than I remember! f**king good work!
The shooter is kinda along the lines of Codename Gordon as a teaser to HL2, very good idea!

Hello to the new people :)

CMaster
25-11-05, 18:57
How incredibly, incredibly random.

Ah well, looks fun.

Tratos
25-11-05, 19:01
How incredibly, incredibly random.

Something i thought when i saw the thread title.

Inchenzo
25-11-05, 19:13
is it just me, or does this look better than nc itself ?

System
25-11-05, 19:23
It finally seems as though you have a very good strategy in marketing this game,

No, what would look like they havea good strategy in marketing is when I turn on my TV in the USA and see a advertisment for this game. Then I will realise that they are getting their marketing all together and show that they really want to get a big community into this game.

Sovellis
25-11-05, 19:27

Hes right in all honesty. Its not like they have the resources to mass advertise the game over all forms of media all over the world. The approach seems to be to keep quiet on future projects for as long as possible, until its clear they can provide. It makes things all the sweeter for us, as it doesnt look like they are making false promises. In all honesty I like this approach, big surprises increase the popularity of the existing fanbase, resulting in the game spreading more so by word of mouth.

Heavyporker
25-11-05, 19:38
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!!

This looks fucking AMAZING!

Releasing it free, right? We get first dib?

Oh, fuck! Amazing!

And that is devilishly clever... making a mini-game of Neocron to draw people into the MMORPG...

Argent
25-11-05, 20:04
Haha, pretty hilarious, it's so damn odd thing to do. :]

Anyway, make sure you release it as bugfree, somehow I think it's not gonna have many patches....

LiL T
25-11-05, 20:07
No, what would look like they havea good strategy in marketing is when I turn on my TV in the USA and see a advertisment for this game. Then I will realise that they are getting their marketing all together and show that they really want to get a big community into this game.

Thats never going to happen, the TV channels are owned by the big fat gready fucks and they want you to only see what they consider important, I don't watch TV .

Anyway looks cool KK

nice one

Logan Tyrus
25-11-05, 20:10
Hey if this does turn out to be free, any chance of Open Source?
It would be cool to let the community make there own levels, or make offline rpg type missions :D

Exioce
25-11-05, 20:17
impressive :)

-FN-
25-11-05, 20:21
Guess that explains the NMEproject jpg we were all analyzing...

"something completely different" - CHECK

"Mr. Jones running around keeling shit" - CHECK

RogerRamjet
25-11-05, 20:22
HAHA, evo 2.1 was this arcade game, hahahaah.

Ozzon
25-11-05, 20:45
Yea cool, looks nice but why not for example add something to NC2? (instead of refreshing the weapon models) You know, like new locations, new types of weapons, rebuilding the outposts and that kind of stuff... that everybody is waiting for. :rolleyes:

Logan Tyrus
25-11-05, 20:49
Yea cool, looks nice but why not for example add something to NC2? (instead of refreshing the weapon models) You know, like new locations, new types of weapons, rebuilding the outposts and that kind of stuff... that everybody is waiting for. :rolleyes:

Probably because the new guys that made it don't know the game engine well enough to start working on it - so while they were learning they made this!
Not too mention they want advertising for the Evo 2.1 patch.

Dribble Joy
25-11-05, 20:51
They've allready mentioned the new quests, dungeons and things, this is just another part of 2.1.

sanityislost
25-11-05, 21:04
OMFG....that looks so kickass, Smash TV + Neocron = SEX!! :D :D

SiL ..:..

DarkPhoenix
25-11-05, 21:08
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was an Arcade machine in-game :p

Clive tombstone
25-11-05, 22:14
Would be pretty neat to actually have this ingame like when they were orginally planning neocron. I strickly remember something about mini games being a "future plan" in nc's early dev moments. Ahh well^^.

PS-Looks great! cant wait to try it out!

PEace out

Fero
25-11-05, 22:37
Nice and all .... but i hope that diablo clone tendency will not affect future development of our beloved neocron. 8| and :eek: . You can tell i hate Diablo big time.
Rawr .... ;)

vashtyphoon78
25-11-05, 22:55
when can we expect to see this completed and hopefully FRE free?

giga191
25-11-05, 22:56
Thats never going to happen, the TV channels are owned by the big fat gready fucks and they want you to only see what they consider important, I don't watch TV .

Anyway looks cool KK

nice one the big fat greedy fucks are also those who watch TV

gstyle40
25-11-05, 23:09
the big fat greedy fucks are also those who watch TV

i could have just let this slide, but its an insult to me and everyone else who watches tv. its one thing to have an opinion ( u dont like the people who run television, so u choose not to watch) but u should not blanket insult folks like that. I happen to watch alot of tv, and im sure alot of others on this forum do as well. so opinions like yours are better off unsaid. besides, with a head like that it looks like u can tune into a few stations without a tv :p j/k

Dargeshaad
26-11-05, 00:29
Be careful that more people won't start playing game instead of NC :p

.hack//sign
26-11-05, 00:30
woah,the story of mrjones im guessing?

Dribble Joy
26-11-05, 00:40
TV execs don't care what the adverts are for, only that they are being paid for, if KK stumps up the cash, they will get their slot.

The only time they would care is timing, if KK wanted it during a gaming show, then it would cost more.

Dr J Zoidberg
26-11-05, 00:41
NICE ONE KK !!

V. impressive...

-Z

naimex
26-11-05, 02:06
Morpheus.... diablo worlds... neocron monsters....

WTF :S

uhh I mean sexxx...

Itīs Pretty...
Itīs Nice...
Iīm sure that it'll suffice...

Nah honestly.. nice going, especially the more guys to team thing :)

Will we get an introduction to all these new objects of worshipping for sexual and ingame attention?

(Yes, I'm talking about the new guys :rolleyes: ... )

Ryen
26-11-05, 02:29
Wait, this is a team of new guys who did this? It looks perfect (atmosphere wise)!

These guys know neocron, I hope you put them to good use!

ZoVoS
26-11-05, 03:08
if you can incoperate this INTO NC aswell as out of nc it would be perfect... someing to do when lomin =]

btw i cant way to play it mun, looks bloody sweet

PsionicBuddha
26-11-05, 03:09
Cool.

MkVenner
26-11-05, 03:11
Looks pretty damn cool...

Xephonas
26-11-05, 03:12
*sehksay!*

Seezur001
26-11-05, 05:13
Regants legacy lol, wud make sense with the new mutants!

Would be nice to see Dark Metal opened in NC2.1

MrChumble
26-11-05, 12:32
If it's free and fun it will get linked/shared/mentioned all across the intergamerwebnet. A very nice idea :)

Tikuto
26-11-05, 12:33
How about world classics.
Space Invaders and whatever, but not exact copies.

Kozmos
26-11-05, 12:39
How about world classics.
Space Invaders and whatever, but not exact copies.

uh, did yoi even read the first post ? O_o

darkservent
26-11-05, 13:33
Sick game there, definatly time passer. How many levels does it have? Is it something you can complete in like 2 hrs?

How about a RTS on NC........Now that I would say may not work but hell try anything if you have time to make a arcade. You can manufacture tanks, spies monks and PEs and send em into battle with stealth, holy spells and rifles/pistols goin head to head. Damn come to think of it that would be fun in multiplayer. Could work ya know.

kurai
26-11-05, 20:08
I hate to inject a negative note into such a generally positive thread, but .... ;)

They are using the NC2 HUD Display design template 8|

Gnnnnnnnaaaaaaaarfgggggggggghhhh

Please, please, [b]please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeaasssse just let it's evilness die and be erased from our collective memory ?

Logan_storm_03
26-11-05, 20:34
believe it or not, the HUD is not 'that' bad. It really isnt a game killer. The one on the arcade looks abit better anyway, more steamlined.

Heavyporker
26-11-05, 20:38
These screenshots simply AMAZE me...

Screenie 1 : very familiar fauna, but look at that MASSIVE boulder.. I love it! (Anyone reminded by the Rogues' Encampment area in Diablo 2? And with that Rogue mercenary with the fire arrows?)

Screenie 2 : Darkmetal, DEFINITELY. If not (wtf!), then it's definitely heavily inspired by darkmetal. (Anyone get reminded by the deeper areas of Hell, just about where you hit the Foundry and the City of the Damned in Diablo 2?)

Screenie 3 : WTF??!?! WTF??!?!? Poison-throwing Reaperspiders?! (Genious... it'd be more obvious than fire-spitting reaperspiders, but I like both.) Again... reaperspiders on the grasslands? Whoa!

Screenie 4: Look at all that junk... just before you enter Hell... heh heh.

Seriously, guys, I'm fucking foaming at the mouth to play this!

kurai
26-11-05, 20:39
believe it or not, the HUD is not 'that' bad. It really isnt a game killer. The one on the arcade looks abit better anyway, more steamlined.
heh

My post was initially meant to be rather tongue in cheek ...
but the more I thought about it the more my hatred of the NC2 RPOS came to the fore.

Couldn't help myself :D

Logan_storm_03
26-11-05, 20:42
heh

My post was initially meant to be rather tongue in cheek ...
but the more I thought about it the more my hatred of the NC2 RPOS came to the fore.

Couldn't help myself :D

heh i guess we all get like that. Im really looking forward to evo and this arcade game. Though i really hope its of decent size. Not too big, but not a 5min snack when all i want is the full meal deal.

giga191
27-11-05, 02:10
i could have just let this slide, but its an insult to me and everyone else who watches tv. its one thing to have an opinion ( u dont like the people who run television, so u choose not to watch) but u should not blanket insult folks like that. I happen to watch alot of tv, and im sure alot of others on this forum do as well. so opinions like yours are better off unsaid. besides, with a head like that it looks like u can tune into a few stations without a tv :p j/k just pointing out that advertising on TV will probably end up costing KK more than it will bring in. They are far better off advertising on game websites where people who play MMORPGs will actually see it

Shia
27-11-05, 03:32
sweeet :D , damm KK u guys seem to be doing some great stuff , this could be the start of something great for nc2

landofcake
27-11-05, 20:41
Looks a bit like Act 4 in Diablo 2 ;)

Riddle
27-11-05, 22:15
Most impressed by this development, what next i ask?

Brammers
28-11-05, 16:14
That looks so cool! And now to start the rumour mill...

If the screenshots are based on existing areas and mobs in Neocron, then where the heck is this to?

Eddie
28-11-05, 16:44
That looks so cool! And now to start the rumour mill...

If the screenshots are based on existing areas and mobs in Neocron, then where the heck is this to?

The infamous Regent's Legacy?

And good work KK - seems like quite a big initiation project you set them! Must shows they're good then!

Eddie

Tratos
28-11-05, 17:54
The Legacy has lava so thats my guess!

RogerRamjet
28-11-05, 17:58
Secret facility inside the TG volcano :D

Now, that would make me spaff.

Kame
28-11-05, 18:18
that reminds of syndicate, a game i used to play.

or shadowrun even.

nice move tho. totally unexpected

Digital-Talios
29-11-05, 15:56
HEHE if its free i wonder how many peeps will leave NC2 and go for this :lol:

Koshinn
30-11-05, 17:42
im guessing it's an online flash game that's single player. lol.. could be wrong though.

Is it just me or does this arcade game have better graphics than Neocron2?

Digital-Talios
30-11-05, 18:27
im guessing it's an online flash game that's single player. lol.. could be wrong though.

Is it just me or does this arcade game have better graphics than Neocron2?

Looked to me as the graphics that fallout 2 has. If it does have a better graphics then NC2 this is becuase they used a better graphics engine/skins and textures then what NC2 has. Wait for the graphic improvements for NC2 then compare :D

Mystic-Crusader
07-12-05, 19:44
thought this came out today?

Powerpunsh
07-12-05, 19:50
end of day is at 12pm.
kk has 5 hours left. :p

Inchenzo
07-12-05, 19:50
i wonder if they'll make it..

joran420
07-12-05, 20:46
havin terra bork out set them back a lil...per the other thread in comm talk...theyre still hoping to release today but might be tomorrow...

I think they should not release it unless its a really finished proccess if someone plays and FRE's or someat...well that wouldnt be good

nobody2004
07-12-05, 23:36
Would be nice if we'd get a status on this.

Everything went on time so far, so if there's a delay here, an announcement would be very much appreciated, in order to avoid the usual speculations ...

Eddie
08-12-05, 00:17
Would be nice if we'd get a status on this.

Everything went on time so far, so if there's a delay here, an announcement would be very much appreciated, in order to avoid the usual speculations ...

Well well looky here: http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1914627&postcount=5

Eddie

Nidhogg
08-12-05, 00:23
For people who don't have access to that forum:
It's ten to eleven in Germany and the guys are all still in the office working hard to make this deadline. As I said earlier the rollback lost quite a bit of time this morning so we'll have to wait and see...

N

Tratos
08-12-05, 00:31
Cool - really nice to see determination to meet the deadline.

Koshinn
08-12-05, 01:00
Erm.. wait... isn't it midnight?

Tratos
08-12-05, 01:05
Tis after that now, lol

Nidhogg
08-12-05, 01:15
Still the 7th where I am. :p It looks like their problem is proving to be a tricky one to solve...

N

boneybob
08-12-05, 01:32
Dont worry Nid (and the KK crew), looks like you tryed real hard and thats the important thing "aww :lol: ".

I cant wait to get to work tomorow and send it round the email's, im gona get the entire company hooked :D

Nidhogg
08-12-05, 01:40
Hey, they're not through yet. :) Looks like the problem's been resolved and they're in final testing. Not much longer now.

N

Inchenzo
08-12-05, 01:43
God i'm impatient, i'm actually staying up for this..

ZoVoS
08-12-05, 01:45
i have to be up in 6 hours n i dont wana go bed

Tratos
08-12-05, 02:28
I dont know wether to go to bed or not :p

However it seems to be worth checking neocron.com more now as stuff pops up there that doesnt here.

EDIT: The new site is a bastard to link to, lol go to www.neocron.com and look at the NME article - some screens i aint seen before.

Nidhogg
08-12-05, 02:53
N.M.E. is finished and being uploaded. Won't be too much longer now, honest! :)

Budzilla
08-12-05, 03:07
Finished downloading ^^

cRazy-
08-12-05, 03:11
OK im gonna play it now, lets see how it goes..

Neonsamurai
08-12-05, 16:47
For a teaser game its nice. But for a real cool arcade experience it is short of some more exciting stuff. Anyway nice 30 minutes to play through :)