PDA

View Full Version : Any 1 Plan On Getting a Xbox 360

Shia
24-11-05, 21:52
Xbox (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1889279,00.html)

Seems some are abit borked :S

Asurmen Spec Op
24-11-05, 21:57
Not a chance in hell

RogerRamjet
24-11-05, 22:41
The chance to whoop someones ass on Halo 3 is alluring.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-11-05, 22:43
Lucky for me I wont buy into endless sequel franchises.

RogerRamjet
24-11-05, 22:51
I dont buy it, i just go round my friends who owns it and whoop their asses on their own game ^^^^^

.hack//sign
25-11-05, 00:59
ive had 360 for nearly a month now,(everytenminutes mountain dew promo)
and it just sits under my tv,im not really impressed.

Enyak
25-11-05, 01:04
[ edited ]

Terayon
25-11-05, 07:28
The chance to whoop someones ass on Halo 3 is alluring.

Assuming it dousent crash (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27898) on you :lol: .

Also i dont know if anyone knows this but xbox live silver only lets you talk to people. You cant use it to play games online. It annoys me how you have to pay monthly to use your own internet just for some shitty service computer games provide for free.

ive had 360 for nearly a month now,(everytenminutes mountain dew promo)
I actualy wanted one for a while but that stupid contest was only in the states. I dont drink mountain dew anymore.

suler
25-11-05, 09:13
I'll probably get one when it's moddable. My current xbox is a great media player.

Also I agree xbox live sucks but you will still probably be able to emulate a lan and play for free online that way.

Bloom
25-11-05, 09:25
I'm trying to stay away from everything that have "Microsoft" sign on it.
So NO I dont plan to buy one.

Bloom.

Terayon
25-11-05, 09:29
I'll probably get one when it's moddable. My current xbox is a great media player.

Also I agree xbox live sucks but you will still probably be able to emulate a lan and play for free online that way.

Ya thats a good point. [ edited ] Unless they havent fixed the crashing.

BTW the xbox systems cost roughly 550 us to make. Hope microsoft lose more money on this one then they did on the original.

sl33py
25-11-05, 09:45
I'll decide once the PS3 is launched

Terayon
25-11-05, 10:51
Hope you dont mind waiting 7 months :eek: .

RogerRamjet
25-11-05, 11:39
Why does everyone hate microsoft? O_o

eLcHi
25-11-05, 14:16

because !

Bloom
25-11-05, 14:24
Blue screens, crashes, unsecurity, "hack me, hack me please" policy and so on.

Bloom

MuggleMind
25-11-05, 14:47
Blue screens, crashes, unsecurity, "hack me, hack me please" policy and so on.

Bloom
And that's just their good points!

Only reason I could see to own an xbox would be to play steel battalions (looks impressive, though I haven't played it) - wonder if there will be a 360 version of that!

nobby
25-11-05, 15:11
I'll be going to Asda at Midnight to get it :)

Even though the games are 50 quid... Grrr

Ryen
25-11-05, 15:58

LOL I H8 M$ BCUZ TEY MAEK MONAY N KEPE LINUX DOWN LOL!

Fucking idiots, the lot of em. The microsoft hate probably stems from an innate desire to be different, since microsoft seems to be the definition of "Conformist".

giga191
25-11-05, 16:15
wtf can 360 do that normal xbox can't? perhaps if there were some innovative game designers, then they could have added some kewl new features. Like revolution but less gay

eLcHi
25-11-05, 16:16
Ask the other way around ... what can a xbox do that a xbox360 cant ?

Hmmm, Modchips, XBMC, cheap Games *cough* ...

I love the original xbox because its just the perfect streaming-client for my living-room ... use it to watch movies 95% of the time, rarely use it for gaming ...

eprodigy
25-11-05, 20:04
soon as stores have one i will as well...

vashtyphoon78
25-11-05, 20:18
i might get one after my freinds that are all getting one give me some feedback on the thing... if not im going to get a PS3.

Terayon
25-11-05, 21:05
LOL I H8 M$ BCUZ TEY MAEK MONAY N KEPE LINUX DOWN LOL!

Fucking idiots, the lot of em. The microsoft hate probably stems from an innate desire to be different, since microsoft seems to be the definition of "Conformist".

I dont like microsoft becouse of alot of things. Read about vista alone and you will see why.

PsionicBuddha
26-11-05, 03:18
I want a Nintendo personally. That wavey stick thing that looks like a TV remote is awesome.

ZoVoS
26-11-05, 03:39
people dont like microsoft because its a fitting in with the cround thing ... like i hate bush...

i dont hate microsoft, and i love billgates (seriously id sodamise him anyday) but microsoft products are totaly riddled with problems, crash every half hour n a new version with one new feature ull never use comes out ever year costing u 60 quid to upgrade from ur previous version

Asurmen Spec Op
26-11-05, 03:48
There is a big bunch of the Microsoft hating crowd that does it to fit in.

But I had winME . I have my reasons

PsionicBuddha
26-11-05, 10:38
I don't hate Microsoft. I just don't think that for the most part they're very good.

In terms of videogames, Nintendo have several in game houses and well known franchises of their own creation. Sony spend a lot of money on developing new technology and even researched ESP for possible use in some of their technology. Microsoft just buy other peoples stuff and then tout it around as their own.

Bill Gates has good taste in other peoples work and a LOT of money. Take Halo, Rareware, the entire Xbox console, and so forth.

Windows is okay for the most part, therefore I use windows. I also don't mind Sony Playstation, yet I hate Sony BMG (music label) therefore I would buy from Sony Playstation but avoid buying from Sony BMG.

darkservent
26-11-05, 13:47

Some American enthusiasts who did manage to get their hands on the new machine have complained that their Xbox keeps crashing during start-up or game play.

Thats why. I have to say not really surprised, and if they dont make the EU launch then we'll we have our answer on who will win the console wars. TBH I think Sony are confident in their console and making sure they dont do what happened before with stocks.

I guess its only a matter of time before we see XBOX handhelds in stores too. Microsoft are just plain annoying.

LTA
26-11-05, 13:53
Since i heard Grand Theft Auto 4 is going to be ps3 only (something to do with wanting to use full cell cpu capabilities) theres nothing left to attract me to the xbox.

I'll happily wait 7 months for GTA4, the next Gran Tourismo and the Final Fantasy 12 game

PsionicBuddha
26-11-05, 16:36
I think that a number of people simply settle for 360 because it's come out a lot sooner. I was originally tempted by it but judging by the fact that the launch titles have scored so poorly & that by the time Oblivion comes out I'll have upgraded my PC, I think I'll hold off completely.