PDA

View Full Version : Okay what the hell have u done to kami drones?

PcP'
23-11-05, 19:29
So droners weren't overpowered enough some of us have re-activated our accounts to find that we can now be 1 shotted by a kami drone no matter of class/buffs/heal wtf is up with that?

Tratos
23-11-05, 19:35
Didnt read the patch notes then did you? :p

- Damage-Restriction (One-Shot-Kill-Protection) is now limited to characters controlled by players - this make npcs stronger as they can potentially one-shot players.

ZoVoS
23-11-05, 19:40
uh huh one shotting is now posible =] which i love... and bloody hate

PcP'
23-11-05, 19:43
but that says i should still have the protection from 1 shotting unless they count a drone as a npc and if thats true then kk need to change the code to make drones appear as players not npc's

Heavyporker
23-11-05, 19:50
Wish Rhinos could one-shot runners.

I mean, if a 4.5 kg exceptionally agile grenade can one-shot a runner, why can't a 60000kg juggernaut with a fusion reactor bigger than a gentank and a main turret bigger than my dick?

ZoVoS
23-11-05, 19:51
Wish Rhinos could one-shot runners.

I mean, if a 4.5 kg exceptionally agile grenade can one-shot a runner, why can't a 60000kg juggernaut with a fusion reactor bigger than a gentank and a main turret bigger than my dick?

now it woudlnt be that hard to have a turret bigger than ur dick now would it ^_^

lol but to be fair ur rite... why cant rhynos waste people in 1-2 shots

Kame
23-11-05, 19:52
i think u read the patch wrong.

one shot kill is in, and we love it.

u can keep ur LE in if u want only NPCs to be able to one shot you.

oh and u know what they did, too ?

they made it so u need to do more then 15% damage on someone/thing to drop ur sl...

Bozz-Von Mel
23-11-05, 20:00
Despite my tank being killed two times now by the Revenge, I still like a one shot kill weapon. It adds a small bit of REALISM. The only problem I had was the lag between me and the drone did not let me know where the drone was, thus giving me no opportunity to avoid it. Again something I have to live with.

E. Cryton
23-11-05, 20:04
droner --> one shot kill apus
apus --> one shot kill droners :> ...

honestly, droners arent overpowered.
if theres a spy or pe around u can just drop your drone and log out.
we tryed out to kill a tank whos was running from crp to cyc, i missed not a single shot from my raptor. he didnt drop until he was at cyc, at the ug he was at ~ 1/6 hp.
ok, apus are just victims on an open area. if they are at crp and if they go come skill they can drop a raptor easily just becoz as a droner u can see shit if someones keep on shooting the drone.
apu hybs can easily kill a drone. on my apu i won a face-to-face vs a friends raptor.
and do i have to say anything about ppu hybs? dont think so ...

and about revenges : if u drop after 1 revenge as a spy/pe/tank, delete your char.

but hell you're right, droners are fcking overpowered!!!!!!!!!

Fafhrd
23-11-05, 20:11
... and kami drones don't stack anymore :-/

PcP'
23-11-05, 20:11
i saw a revenge kill 3 people in one shot today (2 of them were his team mates though)

retr0n
23-11-05, 20:14
i saw a revenge kill 3 people in one shot today (2 of them were his team mates though)

That was me on ppu, was a nice fight up until the droner =/
I mean one-shot killing is one thing, but killing 3 ppl with it? All ppu buffed & heals
running.... I think it's a bit over the top no matter what class you are.

Clive tombstone
23-11-05, 20:44
Getting a little off topic, why the hell is the actual tank cannon damage so puny? its a friggin tank, it should act like one. Hell I wish there was two tanks instead of one (like the first tank from the ALPHA, that supposidly would use solid ammo instead of energy) that would be interesting.

Back on topic though, Does this mean that Doy bots can now waste people even quicker?

PEace out

E. Cryton
23-11-05, 20:57
That was me on ppu, was a nice fight up until the droner =/
I mean one-shot killing is one thing, but killing 3 ppl with it? All ppu buffed & heals
running.... I think it's a bit over the top no matter what class you are.

crappy con.

even my spy doesnt drop to a single revenge with own primes.

CMaster
23-11-05, 21:00
and about revenges : if u drop after 1 revenge as a spy/pe/tank, delete your char.

I've seen several of the FETISH guys drop in one shot to a kami- should they delete? I wouldnt say so, espeically as it IS somewhat random. I've takne 80 damage froma revenge on my head, I've taken 450+. Go figure. Oh, and porker - rhinos CAN now, if someones resists are weak enough. Any weapon can - the removqal of one-shot proectection didn;t work as the notes said.

Terayon
23-11-05, 21:05
I think they shouldent be so random. Dropped twice fully buffed (full hp, blessed def, resist force natural capped) to some explosion im assuming where kami's.

The only problem other then that is the drone jolting everywhere as it moves and how they go through objects so much. And hitting people in stealth.

crappy con. even my spy doesnt drop to a single revenge with own primes.

Its not crappy con. Ive taken like no dmg from kami's and ive taken tonnes.

E. Cryton
23-11-05, 21:17
honestly my spies setup is not that good and i never ever dropped to a single revenge.

how comes other ppl with ubar setups drop to a single one ?

and btw, i never dropped a spy or pe with a single revenge.

CMaster
23-11-05, 21:19
I think they shouldent be so random. Dropped twice fully buffed (full hp, blessed def, resist force natural capped) to some explosion im assuming where kami's.

See, Eric? Seen Gunnar go down one shot once or twice too.

Kame
23-11-05, 21:22
the damage is random and thats cool.

now whats not cool is that u cant really see the droner before it blows up on you.

i guess thats what skilled droners, do.

but theres a bit of lag involved in there. mellee-warp kind of thing.

retr0n
23-11-05, 21:34
Well apparently we are all noobs and have crappy setups, so lets just all delete
our chars so eric can run around the server alone and play with himself (free
interpretation).

SorkZmok
23-11-05, 21:39
The problem isn't the damage they deal (though that actually is a bit too random),it's the fucking speed combined with shit netcode. Pretty much everytime i get hit before i see anything. Not in local, not in sight, nothing. And half the time i drop dead, then see the explosion.
Though i gotta agree with eric, i hardly doubt you can take down any class besides APUs. Just keep a deflector running and some resist force in strength.
Well, i think a hit right to the head still can but it's pretty much impossible to do with a moving character because neither the drone nor the other guy are exctly where they are seen. o_O

E. Cryton
23-11-05, 21:41
Well apparently we are all noobs and have crappy setups, so lets just all delete
our chars so eric can run around the server alone and play with himself (free
interpretation).

not all, but most. true.
tbh, i dont call ppl noobs who just run around on their own and try to pvp.
so u can figure out by yourself who i call noob ;).
well, hopefully u can.

Kame
23-11-05, 21:54
ive seen fully buffed, standing ppu DIE from one kami. FF ppus even.

i think theres a special way to make kamis do A LOT of dam.

E. Cryton
23-11-05, 21:56
FF ppus even.

says it all :P

giga191
23-11-05, 22:02
ive seen fully buffed, standing ppu DIE from one kami. FF ppus even.

if a ppu is specced for low HP then he dies to kami, otherwise not

retr0n
23-11-05, 22:10
if a ppu is specced for low HP then he dies to kami, otherwise not

Well my tank has 114 force resist, full armor on, ppu buffs, total of 595 hp and
I still died to a kami once, 99% of the time I can just shrug it off, like 30-40 hp
but I have died to it once.

And today when the three of us died, true one spy had his leveling setup and has
shitty con but the other spy has a very good setup and I have 400 hp on my ppu
fully buffed. We werent even standing close to eachother and all 3 of us died.
I don't care if you say we got shit setups, I don't care if we do have shit setups
no other class / weapon can take out 3 ppl with one hit, even if it's rare.

And as someone said, it's not that bad even if you die, it's that you don't see
it comming at all untill it's in your face.

LiL T
23-11-05, 22:20
I don't mind one shot kills from kami's but not seeing them is a pain in the arse , due to lag you don't see it in local, you only know its there when it kills you or a team member.

ZoVoS
23-11-05, 22:48
it is posible to take out a fully buffed ppu in a single shot but they would have to have buffed up then gone afk... u have to like fly into the person and blow it up (tested with peeps) anything moving its pritty hard to one hit many a apu if u get a good shot in. but tbh with apu aiming if they see ur drone before u shove it down its throught then ur drones gona go boom

naimex
23-11-05, 23:28
??

an apu can do 1 shot kills with (holy lightning at least)
a tank can do 1 shot kills with aoe (donīt think you can with bursts, but havenīt tested).
a spy can do 1 shot kills with kamis/revenges.

so I donīt see where that "1-shot kill protection" is at.. cuz it ainīt ingame.

PcP'
24-11-05, 01:02
tbh i can see it fucking up op fighting

1. someone is hacking a op.....bang dead

or someone is standing trying to hack back a op.......bang dead

or even as me and primate proved 3 or 4 people are pvping in a fairly spread out group bang all go down imo that is bs there is no other aoe that can do that y should droners who have 0 risk in fights anyway be so powerful

J J
24-11-05, 01:57
It's the same everytime a weapon becomes overpowered, see poison dev's in NC1, Healing Light for a time etc etc. As soon as a weapon gets tweaked too much it becomes everyones favourite toy and people start running round thinking they are soo 'leet' and 'uber' and announcing to everyone else on the server they have the worlds worst con setup. Eventually it will get tweaked back into line and it will fall out of fashion. Look what happened to poison devs, sure they're still a good weapon and are used by some people but they're not now the 'must have' weapon for tanks that could take down any class in a few seconds. Until then we gotta put up with every droner on the server pk'ing allies in the back and declaring themselves the best PvP'er the world has ever seen.....

Bozz-Von Mel
24-11-05, 02:02
honestly my spies setup is not that good and i never ever dropped to a single revenge.

how comes other ppl with ubar setups drop to a single one ?

and btw, i never dropped a spy or pe with a single revenge.

Call yourself lucky? There are only so many ways to achieve "optimal" con. If you have found the "optimal" con setup, then so has about 50% of the server. Anyone with a skillmanager can zero in on the %s.

Terayon
24-11-05, 02:11
There are alot of little con quirks that skillmanager just cant account for.

Max Hireman
24-11-05, 02:14
the dmg of kami drones is not random, you just have to know where the kami drones must explosve do one-shot kill someone

ZoVoS
24-11-05, 05:25
tbh i can see it fucking up op fighting

1. someone is hacking a op.....bang dead

or someone is standing trying to hack back a op.......bang dead

or even as me and primate proved 3 or 4 people are pvping in a fairly spread out group bang all go down imo that is bs there is no other aoe that can do that y should droners who have 0 risk in fights anyway be so powerful

well isnt that the point in droners. takeing people out with very little threat to them selfs... its the price u pay for having a tank beable to walk over a hill notice a droner in drone n beable to kill him before he even drops his drone to come back to his body

mdares
24-11-05, 08:02
they made it so u need to do more then 15% damage on someone/thing to drop ur sl...

OMG really??? YAY~!

-returning NC1 vet

retr0n
24-11-05, 08:23
3 ppu buffed apus dropped to a single revenge last night. Granted, they were
apus with low force resist and all but still, that's 3 apus dead in the blink of an
eye.

Bugs Gunny
24-11-05, 10:09
Eric, i'll bet i can take out your PPU buffed spy in one hit with the revenge.

The kamikaze drones are way overpowered.
Imagine an opforce who has 4 droners. two raptors and two kamikaze. It'll take down all apus and ppus.

As far as i'm concerned i'm not going to raid crp anymore. I know you guys are bored and enjoy it when we come, but it's bad enough that there's all the ug whoring with one ppu per fighter and then the kamikaze drones to add to the fun....

I'll enjoy hunting the wastes for people and roleplaying more i think.

And yes,... there is a way to hit people with a revenge that one shot kills them. I once launched 8 kamikazes at crp, took out almost all people in one shot. Tanks, pes and even a ppu.

RogerRamjet
24-11-05, 10:29
Stop complaining, its the funniest thing to happen to NC :D

naimex
24-11-05, 10:55
then get a ppu to keep the hacker safe... :rolleyes:

solling
24-11-05, 10:59
NERF DA KAMIS!!!!

seriously nerf the damage i dont mind them being able to kill people but 3 apus in one shot now thats just stupid looked funne but really stupid

Matthew.v.smith
24-11-05, 12:15
Lol Bug's that kinda reminds me of the fight at CRP when I was fighting you with no one around and taking a bit more damage than you, all of a sudden a Kami blew up in our face taking you out and leaving me with 8 hp, which was kinda funny since you had more HP than me lol.

M. :angel:

PcP'
24-11-05, 13:47
Lol Bug's that kinda reminds me of the fight at CRP when I was fighting you with no one around and taking a bit more damage than you, all of a sudden a Kami blew up in our face taking you out and leaving me with 8 hp, which was kinda funny since you had more HP than me lol.

M. :angel:

hilarious

giga191
24-11-05, 14:03
Well my tank has 114 force resist, full armor on, ppu buffs, total of 595 hp and
I still died to a kami once, 99% of the time I can just shrug it off, like 30-40 hp
but I have died to it once.
foreign buffs are different to self buffs tho

Dr J Zoidberg
24-11-05, 14:07
It was, because I had fatalled and they ended up killing me in fatal, but someone had FRAPS'd it, so we all saw what happened.. looked cool because you can see what health they werre both on...

But yes, the Kami is V.overpowered, but they are being used in the correct way. So really you cant complain about what happens because if they do nerf anything, at some point people will be asking for all weapons to be nerfed leaving us with a pile of crap weapons that all do the same damage...

Pointless

-Z

retr0n
24-11-05, 14:08
foreign buffs are different to self buffs tho

Name one other weapon ingame that could kill me like that, and with 0 risk to
whoever is doing it. Something is wrong with the kamis, period.

Bugs Gunny
24-11-05, 14:10
hilarious

Yeah, i'll bet he'll go very far as a professional standup comedian :-)

Matthew.v.smith
24-11-05, 14:18
hilarious

Well I was laughing, was there any point at all in typing out a 1 word reply to what I said? probably not.

M.

Bozz-Von Mel
24-11-05, 19:34
There are alot of little con quirks that skillmanager just cant account for.

Like what? Point being is that it is your choice, if you choose to have high resists against fire for example. Something else always has to give. Any con combination is going to make little difference with these kami drones.