PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 2.1: New Website!

Thanatos
22-11-05, 19:17
With the release of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 Upgrade on December 1, we will also unveil the brand new website! It is a completely new, appealing and functional design, based on a much more flexible content management system. A lot of information has been added and new features like polls will make it an important tool for every Neocron 2 player.

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 19:23
Sexeh.

Digital-Talios
22-11-05, 19:38
New content, new website perhaps even on time? OMG I dont feel like I am getting shafted! Great Job and looking forward to the new faction setups :)

Kierz
22-11-05, 19:38
As long as theres a copbot saying have a nice day still.

edit: oo and it looks like evo 2.1 is being released at 7pm (german time)

edit2: and have you been playing that voice sample in the KK office on loop? =]

borl
22-11-05, 19:43
"Time is running out" - Apt choice of phrase.

:P

Shia
22-11-05, 19:47
cool nice :) hope it brings in alot more new faces :)

Nidhogg
22-11-05, 19:51
We'll also be taking the opportunity to simplify the forum structure at that time.

N

QuakCow
22-11-05, 19:52
mmm...new stuff...kickass

Animated
22-11-05, 20:06
I have to say, the splash image on the site looks cool.

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/4391/nc3mq.th.jpg (http://img447.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nc3mq.jpg)

Riddle
22-11-05, 20:36
kk is gonna get some serious sexing for all this! :D

Well done i hope it all comes out to plan ;)

Eckhart
22-11-05, 20:37
Sweet :) I look forward to seeing it.

*sexes KK and crosses off another day on his countdown chart*

Asurmen Spec Op
22-11-05, 20:55
KK I lub you

Drake6k
22-11-05, 21:05
this sounds awesome, I cant wait to see =)

Asurmen Spec Op
22-11-05, 21:12
this sounds awesome, I cant wait to see =)
Drake, your sig, ever since I first saw it, is so great! I sit there stairing at it for a few minutes every time I see it

Brammers
22-11-05, 21:19
As long as theres a copbot saying have a nice day still.

edit: oo and it looks like evo 2.1 is being released at 7pm (german time)

edit2: and have you been playing that voice sample in the KK office on loop? =]

For some NCPD loving head to http://entry.neocron.com/neocron/ :p

Ohh the new website is going to get everyone talking!

Heavyporker
22-11-05, 21:53
Is that seriously the new PE PA?!?

Good lord.. I thought the old ones were cool... but this... wow... certainly different.

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 22:01
What I was wondering...

Jagrfelm
22-11-05, 22:09
New PAs? Where are you all getting those Links from? Cant find em anywhere :(

Nidhogg
22-11-05, 22:12
www.neocron.com. It's just a teaser before you're redirected.

N

-FN-
22-11-05, 22:25
Will we be able to get any of our character information online? Something similar to say, Planetside's Character rankings?

How about StockX online? Or a live worldmap?

Just wondering ;) Can't wait to see the new site!

Asurmen Spec Op
22-11-05, 22:53
www.neocron.com (http://www.neocron.com/). It's just a teaser before you're redirected.

N

AAH stop with the teasers!

Hell-demon
22-11-05, 22:58
Woah!

Drake6k
22-11-05, 22:59
oh..my..god

http://jackdiehl.com/copbot.jpg
http://jackdiehl.com/camppa.gif

so cool! I hope there are new PA models!!!!!!

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 23:31
Does the stuff behind look like the possibility of a jetpack?

LiL T
22-11-05, 23:36
Does the stuff behind look like the possibility of a jetpack?

Umm I hope not, it just be yet another thing people could whine about with PE's :(

Riddle
22-11-05, 23:49
WTF is going on!

I ask you seriously :confused:

Thread after thread of things happening or related to Evo2.1, a serious attempt at marketing and a NEW website!

Has KK secretly been bought out, under new management, or just turned professional????

I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING!

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 23:51
Depends how it is implemented, I do hope it wouldn't be another stealth like thing.

Animated
23-11-05, 00:24
I really think its just a picture, not new PE PA/jetpacks/the second coming of Crahn...

elGringo
23-11-05, 00:28
WTF is going on!

I ask you seriously :confused:

Thread after thread of things happening or related to Evo2.1, a serious attempt at marketing and a NEW website!

Has KK secretly been bought out, under new management, or just turned professional????

I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING!

Hah .. the answer is so simple yet you all seem to fail seeing it!
Neocron will be incorporated into SOE's next SWG Expansion - they guy on that teaser is without any doubt a TIE-Bomber v.3 Pilot

Tratos
23-11-05, 00:42
:eek:

Sex.

Not long now :D and i am looking forward to see the new site as ive not been keen on the current NC 2 one (that is the community pages) since its launch, would be cool to see the forum NC2-ified at that point aswell.

Oh and could we get some official count down sigs? :D

Nidhogg
23-11-05, 01:00
I know I'm not exactly impartial but the art guys are coming out with some damn impressive material. Good work fellas!

N

Ryen
23-11-05, 01:09
I know I'm not exactly impartial but the art guys are coming out with some damn impressive material. Good work fellas!

N

They really are, and I hate to sound like I'm kissing ass here. This shit is great, and whatever you guys are getting paid, it's not enough.

Dribble Joy
23-11-05, 01:53
Advertise on Penny Arcade.

vashtyphoon78
23-11-05, 02:05
Lol KK has finally released its inner beast with all this Evo 2.1 crap- and if this shit turns out all as planned- i smell a nice game of the year- century- milineum (spelling?) award.

MkVenner
23-11-05, 02:15

Good lord.. I thought the old ones were cool... but this... wow... certainly different.

If it is I'll tattoo the designer and modlers name on my arse...

It looks like enclave PA on steroids and a little crack for good measure

Ryen
23-11-05, 02:17
Advertise on Penny Arcade and xFire.

Fixed

elGringo
23-11-05, 02:44
Lol KK has finally released its inner beast with all this Evo 2.1 crap- and if this shit turns out all as planned- i smell a nice game of the year- century- milineum (spelling?) award.

The stuff thats been posted is awesome and I am really looking forward to the patchday - anyhow - it'll still be the same game and it will still have the same major gameflaws, which is ok with me... I've been here for years and a) didnt mind those things too much b) got used to them... but a AAA game needs to be polished and without rough issues such as frequent crashes.. neocron aint tidy, stable, nor simple enough to attract the masses.

I do have the impression, that KK took a change for the better ..and I hope it works out .. but I dont like to see people pushing too big expectations. Wether NC2 will really get a major boost, relies very much on wether the playercount climbs over 1500 again or not... if so, things will continue to rocket up - the worst flaw right now is not the FRE and it isnt the PPU, but the low pops :)

CMaster
23-11-05, 02:55
It looks like enclave PA on steroids and a little crack for good measure

heh, someone else got reminded of Fallout 2 as well, then.

vashtyphoon78
23-11-05, 02:59
The stuff thats been posted is awesome and I am really looking forward to the patchday - anyhow - it'll still be the same game and it will still have the same major gameflaws, which is ok with me... I've been here for years and a) didnt mind those things too much b) got used to them... but a AAA game needs to be polished and without rough issues such as frequent crashes.. neocron aint tidy, stable, nor simple enough to attract the masses.

I do have the impression, that KK took a change for the better ..and I hope it works out .. but I dont like to see people pushing too big expectations. Wether NC2 will really get a major boost, relies very much on wether the playercount climbs over 1500 again or not... if so, things will continue to rocket up - the worst flaw right now is not the FRE and it isnt the PPU, but the low pops :)

......when was the last time you actually played NC?

pretty much no one crashes very much anymore. i am lucky to get a crash a day- if that. if you still get major issues, duke it out with ur ISP i say. most of us have very little problems with fatals or login issues anymore.

and i agree the major sucess of this patch will be determined by if it brings back a bunch of people or not.

Toxen
23-11-05, 04:06
I think i say this for everyone out there amazed at the sudden flurish of activity that looks amazing. KK We Want To Have Your Babies!

CMaster
23-11-05, 04:08

pretty much no one crashes very much anymore. i am lucky to get a crash a day- if that. if you still get major issues, duke it out with ur ISP i say. most of us have very little problems with fatals or login issues anymore.

and i agree the major sucess of this patch will be determined by if it brings back a bunch of people or not.

What game have YOU been playing? If I don't fatal over the course of an hour, then the memory leak forces me to restart anyway. Everyone has a different time with NC...

Ryen
23-11-05, 05:10
What game have YOU been playing? If I don't fatal over the course of an hour, then the memory leak forces me to restart anyway. Everyone has a different time with NC...

My computer runs it just fine, but it's sad to see that it isn't running to it's full potential. Hopefully 2.1 fixes a lot of these errors.

elGringo
23-11-05, 05:13

~5mins ago

I dont fatal much when running arround and sync, this has gotten a lot better compared to early nc1. I do not experience the memory-leak everyone talks about. My connection is quite ok most of the times - even when other ppl have trouble syncing.
Still - when was the last time you yoused the citycom for anything else than missions/clan/info ?
Forums? StockX? Email? ...FREs ..and plenty of them.
People walking arround with big lips and missing torsos?
bugged navray misleading newbs?
set_reset = only option when falling down in HN?
...a lot of seemingly minor issues that do add up.
...thats what disqualifies a great game (thats worth to play & pay for) from becoming a top-seller. Not ranting against NC here.. not at all... just saying its not a game for the masses but a diamond with rough edges and some dirt on the surface.

Ryen
23-11-05, 05:23
I hate to say this, but it's more like a diamond covered in crap. The bugs just add up and up. It's almost as if there is no end. Let me just make a quick bug list from memory that have an impact on gameplay.

FREs
Falling in hacknet
Sync
Vehicle bug (vehicle moves for client, stays put on server)
Navray
Pe lip/torso bug
Occasional syncing into other's characters or with items you didn't have before

From what they say about 2.1, that should hopefully fix most if not all of these problems.

Bugs Gunny
23-11-05, 10:45
~5mins ago

I dont fatal much when running arround and sync, this has gotten a lot better compared to early nc1. I do not experience the memory-leak everyone talks about. My connection is quite ok most of the times - even when other ppl have trouble syncing.
Still - when was the last time you yoused the citycom for anything else than missions/clan/info ?
Forums? StockX? Email? ...FREs ..and plenty of them.
People walking arround with big lips and missing torsos?
bugged navray misleading newbs?
set_reset = only option when falling down in HN?
...a lot of seemingly minor issues that do add up.
...thats what disqualifies a great game (thats worth to play & pay for) from becoming a top-seller. Not ranting against NC here.. not at all... just saying its not a game for the masses but a diamond with rough edges and some dirt on the surface.

This man knows what he's talking about.
The new stuff does indeed look amazing, but I HOPE it's not just that, content and graphics, without serious fixing of some bugs.
If there's no bugfixing done it'll make old players come back for two weeks, and then they'll just leave again, as they didn't leave because of the shitty graphics or content. They all left because of broken promises a broken game and low populations.
If this EVO 2.1 is comming out on time, that's at least some ways toward fixing the broken promises, if the login bugs are fixed and the memleak is fixed, it would help in that area, and low pops have to be solved with marketing.

to me it all seems like someone in the KK management finaly sat down, looked at the game from an objective point of view and then decided upon a goal and strategy for once.

solling
23-11-05, 12:06
i think missing torse only happens in DX7 i play in dx9 and have never seen it and i havenbt seen a big lip pe bug since shotley after nc2 beta
i hardly crash anymore

tho cuz i only have 512 meg ram i have to restart my game every 2 hours or so cuz im outta mem
syning hardly happens to me either

CMaster
23-11-05, 13:14
Actually, there are several people in my clan who were (almost) completley used to the bugs, save when they died in PvP through some stupid menas (netcode issues or synch errors). What they DID leave about was lack of content - so I am happy to see content without bugfixes, as well as bugfixes without content.

Dominus
23-11-05, 13:56
If anything, the payment methods need to be sorted above anything and everything else.

It's as simple as that. I've never had any trouble with C2P, but I know those who have.

Ryen
23-11-05, 14:25
i think missing torse only happens in DX7 i play in dx9 and have never seen it and i havenbt seen a big lip pe bug since shotley after nc2 beta
i hardly crash anymore

Same, except even in DX9 I still see the hueg lipped PE's

Bugs Gunny
23-11-05, 14:41
IF i use dx9 my ram gets eaten up so fast i have to relog every
30 mins, and i have 1gb of ram.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-11-05, 14:52
I get horrible FPS in DX7

Dominus
23-11-05, 15:45
Just get Cacheman. It frees up unused memory and can be set to do it automatically whenever your free memory is below ## and do it ever ## minutes.

Brammers
23-11-05, 16:01
Just get Cacheman. It frees up unused memory and can be set to do it automatically whenever your free memory is below ## and do it ever ## minutes.

I doubt these memory free'ing memory program really free any memory up. All they probably do is push inactive memory to the swap file.

The problem with memory leaks in Neocron is that it requests memory from the operating system and then doesn't free it properly. The only time the operating system can free the memory used, is when the program terminates. (Or crashes)

Dribble Joy
23-11-05, 16:12
The other problem is the speed it requests memory too, I may have 50 megs free and will get loads of fps lag when someone zones in with a previously unloaded model/texture.

Bugs Gunny
23-11-05, 16:16
I usualy restart the game when i get down to 120mb from my 600 i start with.

Kame
23-11-05, 17:35
my main prob w logins bugs is when u relog for drugflash and then u get back ingame w no Qbelt and stealth runnin....

or for some reason a runner can see/target me trough my stealth...

and monks seem to be the more affected by login bugs, especially ppus....

now how about this one.

6 months ago i bought a NC1 dev all 120.
now it became magically a 120 115 117 120 dev

Selendor
23-11-05, 18:07
Back on topic for a sec, I think its good that KK are replacing the website. I feel that especially since BDoY the website has been counter-intuitive, and would have put a lot of people off.

Saying that, I hope you don't change the engine of the forum too much as its always been really easy to navigate and post in (compare it to Eve's for instance).

boneybob
23-11-05, 18:16
I cant wait 7 days any more, that said I couldn’t wait 12 days 5 days ago! :p

Sorry,

Great stuff on the website KK, after all the web is an extremely effective method of advertising, having a good "useful" website is a real step forward!

Now all u guys need to do is send out some Virals, little teasers to spark interest among other non-Neocron people.

Keep it up!
;)

RogerRamjet
23-11-05, 18:31
Nooooo, dont encourage PE PA!!!

Kierz
23-11-05, 19:08
DX7 has horrible fps for me, crappy graphics, worse pings and more bugs, but it doesn't crash when I alt+tab in wastelands so I'm stuck using it :/

ZoVoS
23-11-05, 19:18
to me it all seems like someone in the KK management finaly sat down, looked at the game from an objective point of view and then decided upon a goal and strategy for once.

:p aposed to sitting up late at night with a few bottles o bud n sayin. bah u know what will be good... lets nuke the canyon n er... lets let nc take tech haven... yeye that shits good... howabout. ohoh then we can make all the "baddies" be thrown out of nc, have to live in the dome... an er the goodies go in neocron city tass the way ^_^

=] tbh im quite looking forward to this update the marketing alone should bring in a whole host o new players.

maby when the total patching size for nc2 reaches a few hundred meg from the initial game (its like 60 now right? add on 200 from this n maby a lot from the next evo) kk could do a patch disk for ppl with crappy connections for say £1-2, n if they wont ^_^ i will lol

oh n the intro picture looks like what a PE PA should look like if polygon count wasnt a issue

ridec
23-11-05, 23:58
Lovely, I just returned, and something is atleast getting changed!
Now KK just have to make an impressive trailer, and alooooot of commercial, and it will end up like World Of Warcraft ^^

ZoVoS
24-11-05, 00:06
Lovely, I just returned, and something is atleast getting changed!
Now KK just have to make an impressive trailer, and alooooot of commercial, and it will end up like World Of Warcraft ^^

a total pile o shit?

i realy hope not

:angel: :angel: :angel:

giga191
24-11-05, 19:03
maybe 2.1. can kick-start theme weeks again

Dribble Joy
24-11-05, 19:42
There was a general implication a while ago that it would.

MeWhiteWolf
28-11-05, 00:06
PMSL @ Zovos - that was so my first thought too :lol:
yeah have to agree this is finally a step in the right direction, here's hoping it works as planned, and those with lower specced machines arent affected - all the people i play with have celerons o_O
Tryed to tell em but noooo........

ZoVoS
28-11-05, 01:19
all the people i play with have celerons o_O

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MeWhiteWolf
28-11-05, 05:37
lol my point exactly - don't bother me at all I'm dying for it, but i keep hearing from them that they probably won't be able to play anymore.
though i love the idea of it being designed for a real system, I'd kinda like to keep playin with em.

Tratos
28-11-05, 21:50
http://10tacel.com/index.php?id=27&L=1

A more visable ( if only just) version of what is on Neocron.com the bit to the left doesnt look as attached as it did - i still want to know wtf is it, lol

Riddle
28-11-05, 21:58
http://10tacel.com/index.php?id=27&L=1

A more visable ( if only just) version of what is on Neocron.com the bit to the left doesnt look as attached as it did - i still want to know wtf is it, lol
More to the point WTF is this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Elveon" means "The book of Elves"

NO MORE ELVES!!!!

Scaramanga
29-11-05, 19:12
Is it safe to assume that KK will be resetting everyones forum accounts seeings as it will be a new website?

Not so much bothered about my massive postcount, but it'd be nice to keep the forum name.

Brammers
29-11-05, 19:24
Is it safe to assume that KK will be resetting everyones forum accounts seeings as it will be a new website?

Not so much bothered about my massive postcount, but it'd be nice to keep the forum name.

Most unlikely, the forum website is on a different server to the main website. Here's what Niddy said.

We'll also be taking the opportunity to simplify the forum structure at that time.

N

Which probably means they will move boards around, but I'll let man himself give the full details on exactly what they are doing.

Nidhogg
29-11-05, 19:24
No, it's not. The forum infrastructure (including the accounts database) won't be changed.

N

Seraphin[69]
30-11-05, 13:32
Shame we can't download the new client / upgrade yet...

Their will sure be a downtime patching the servers, it would have been sweet to be lock'n'loaded and ready to connect to it as soon as it's back on !

naimex
30-11-05, 13:42
']Shame we can't download the new client / upgrade yet...

Their will sure be a downtime patching the servers, it would have been sweet to be lock'n'loaded and ready to connect to it as soon as it's back on !

we can only hope that they have/will put it up on atleast 3 different highspeed servers, or atleast give it out to a few select people from the community who has a highspeed (upload) connection...

Bullt
30-11-05, 14:13
I hope someone with access to the patch in an early stage makes a torrent of it, and then put the link for the torrent file here in the forum (and other places too). This should help out with the server traffic.
Just like an (backup) option if servers can’t take all the downloading during the first days...

(…and I didn’t mean to start a debate: "Torrents are shit or not…" :) )

Seraphin[69]
30-11-05, 14:19
I don't care seeding the patch as I would be away from home anyway when NC 2.1 start ^^

[TgR]KILLER
30-11-05, 14:20
to go on the torrent road.. i hope they don't release it only as torrent now.. since i got a new router a few month's ago i can't use torrents no more :/ its blocking torrents and till now i din't find out how to forward the ports with the crap thing.. can't really go fuck around with it as the internet is in use all the time so can't cut the connection and reset the thing to test every time :/

Brammers
30-11-05, 14:34
I don't mind torrents, just last time it was tried everyone downloaded the NC2 Open Beta client and stopped sharing as soon as it was downloaded.

Dribble Joy
30-11-05, 15:36
I'll seed it if it does come as a torrent, though I only have a 2 meg adsl, with a 128kb upload.

Logan_storm_03
30-11-05, 17:57
yeah ill seed also with 10meg 512k upload :cool:

Finl
30-11-05, 18:03
i can make a link to 155mbitATM for it.

[TgR]KILLER
30-11-05, 18:17
I don't mind torrents, just last time it was tried everyone downloaded the NC2 Open Beta client and stopped sharing as soon as it was downloaded.

had the download running for 3 more nights after i had it in. 3300/768ish adsl.

but that was with the old router.. still haven't found a way to get the damn torrents fixed with this..

then again.. i know somebody will be as kind to upload it somewere :angel:

Logan_storm_03
01-12-05, 17:26
Ok new site looks pretty damn pimpin, nice work

Girian
01-12-05, 18:09
For those who like, I created a torrent:

http://torrent.maxgamer.nl/allowed/58602ef4d9cb1240062119132f2da9f17182e140.torrent

New site doesn't work here as of yet btw...... :(