PDA

View Full Version : Critique my tank template

Yeti
22-11-05, 07:09
Okay, I'm coming from my knowledge of NC1 and haven't played this game in a long time... But this is the temp I'm thinking (Capped Tank)

Int:
I have no idea

Strength:
175 H-C
3 Trans

Con:
50 Athletics
60 Body Health
75 Resist Fire
75 Resist Energy
75 Resist Xray
75 Resist Poison

Dex:
173 T-C

Psi:
32 PPU
8 MST
7 PPW

Spoon
22-11-05, 07:41
I think your going to need some Agility and Recycle in DEX..

And in STR you dont need that much in H-C anymore so go ahead and spec some transport and resist force....

Ohhh, and Weapon Lore for INT, maybe a little PSI Use(probably not more than 10, tho)

And your PSI numbers are close, but need adjusted slightly(no need for 8 MST, 6 is enough, I believe)..
You'll need more PSI Power(I think 10 is enough to cast Deflector, maybe 11), if you dont put any points in PSI Use(INT).

Yeti
22-11-05, 07:46
What's the difference between:

Athletics
Agility
Endurence

Also, why recycle? How muc H-C do I need?

Spoon
22-11-05, 07:55
Athletics and Agilty are pretty much the same thing(Runspeed), try to get at least 70 in both(using implants)...

Endurance is your Stamina, you need very little or none, because you get plenty from implants later on...

Recycle, so you can clone ammo....

naimex
22-11-05, 10:13
Int:
I have no idea
(Psi Use: 5-45)
(Weapon Lore: 55-75)

Strength:
175 H-C (166-175)
3 Trans (0)
(Resist Force: 0-48)

Con:
50 Athletics (55)
60 Body Health (55)
75 Resist Fire (89)
75 Resist Energy (82)
75 Resist Xray (49)
75 Resist Poison (69)

Dex:
173 T-C (90)
(Agility: 108)

Psi:
32 PPU (22)
8 MST (6)
7 PPW (19)

The (X) are my skill values or suggested skill values.

You canīt go wrong with this setup... provided you have the right imps, all numbers are base values.

Character Overview for Naima Deja

Character Class: Gen Tank
Ranking: 66/63 **

Description:
Knowing my skills wont make it easier to kill me.

-----------Intelligence-----------
Current: 20 0
Skill: Hacking = 20 20
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 5 0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 85 10
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 16 16
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

-----------Strength-----------
Current: 116 16
Skill: Melee Combat = 60 60
Skill: Heavy Combat = 199 33
Skill: Transport = 18 18
Skill: Resist Force = 93 45

-----------Constitution-----------
Current: 105 5
Skill: Athletics = 70 15
Skill: Body Health = 126 71
Skill: Endurance = 30 30
Skill: Resist Fire = 114 25
Skill: Resist Energy = 107 25
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 114 65
Skill: Resist Poison = 114 45

-----------Dexterity-----------
Current: 67 -3
Skill: Pistol Combat = 0 0
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -10
Skill: HighTech Combat = 90 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 136 28
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

-----------PSI-----------
Current: 10 0
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 22 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 6 0
Skill: PSI Power = 19 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Duranium Helmet 4 (Helmet)
Duranium ArmorVest 4 (Vest)
Medium Energyfield Belt (Belt)
Inquisition Trousers 4 (Trousers)
Heavy Duranium Boots (Boots)
Protopharm Resistor Chip (Brain Chip)
Resistance Chip (Brain Chip)
MC5 Hercules CPU (Brain Chip)
Marine's CPU (Brain Chip)
Heavy CombatEye 3 (Eye)
Filter Heart 2 (Heart)
Crahn Power Gauntlet (Glove)
Harden Backbone 3 (Spine)
Biotech AntiGamma Headbone (Headbone)
Bat Queen Chest Enforcement (Chest)
Bat Queen Arm Enforcement (Arm)
Experimental Leg Enforcement (Leg)
Experimental Foot Enforcement (Foot)
Foreign Holy Shelter (Shelter)
Foreign Holy Deflector (Deflector)
Melee Combat Booster 3 (Combat)
Spy Booster 3 (Support)
Hazard Resist Booster 3 (Resist)
---------------------------------

commerzgandalf
22-11-05, 10:19
endurance rais your stamina
athletics makes the stamina drain (is this the right word :confused: ) less
aggilty is for runspeed
athletics also makes you faster and jump higher

excuse the bad english

naimex
22-11-05, 10:24
endurance rais your stamina
athletics makes the stamina drain (is this the right word :confused: ) less
aggilty is for runspeed
athletics also makes you faster and jump higher

excuse the bad english

Just to explain it more technically:

Movement Speed:
Skill Factors involved: 0.26(26%) ATH + 0.26(26%) AGL

Jump Height:
Skill Factors involved: 0.15(15%) ATH + 0.15(15%) AGL

Stamina:
Skill Factors involved: 0.6(60%) END + 0.1(10%) CON

Stamina Drain Rate:
Skill Factors involved: 0.2(20%) ATH + 0.6(60%) END + 0.2(20%) CON

See the complete guide here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118196).

Riddle
22-11-05, 10:34
IIRC the highest requirment in game for TC (DEX) is 89 and thats if your TG its a Faction specific weapon. Outside that you only need 87.

Recycle is handy when you levelling tbh you can gather junk and stay down in the caves a fair while, once capped LOM it out.

CMaster
22-11-05, 12:56
0 Transport...
Its not like you need THAT much HC... and being able to actually carry some armour and ammo is damn useful.

SorkZmok
22-11-05, 13:04
In dex i'd get 100 base agl, 37 vec, 86 t-c and 15 rec. More than 100 base agl is just a waste of those last points imo, driving a reveller is damn nice for leveling and getting to ops with no open gr near, 86 t-c for CS, 15 rec to make up pretty much all ammo you need with a recycle glove apart from some hightech fusion (i think) ammo.

About con...well make up your own, i hardly doubt anyone will put up a good con setup that's not just made up with neoskiller but never actually been used ingame. o_O

/edit
Int and str are quite obvious to figure out, psi should be 37/6/8 (or close to that) for the best possible dmg on a heal.

naimex
22-11-05, 14:08
0 Transport...
Its not like you need THAT much HC... and being able to actually carry some armour and ammo is damn useful.

with 0 base transport you can carry:

Full lvl 4 armor (no pa)

6 weapons

Cursed Soul: 20 clips with 2 reloads in each
Speedgun Gatlin: 15 clips with 2 reloads in eah
Ravager: 10 clips with 2 reloads in each
Freezer cannon: 5 clips with 2 reloads in each
moonstriker: 5 clips with 2 reloads in each
Devourer: 20 clips with 1 reload in each

And you can have even more if you leave a few guns behind (duh!)

and with all this and the usual tankspells and 10xsta booster 2 (with 4 charges in each).

You can carry and still be in white free load.

... You donīt NEED any base transport.

About con...well make up your own, i hardly doubt anyone will put up a good con setup that's not just made up with neoskiller but never actually been used ingame. o_O

I do believe I did...

Iīm not a selfish bastard who doesnīt want to help others.

My con has been tweaked over and over and over and over and over, and I thought I had the best con setup possible at the end of NC1, but I found an even better one... see earlier post for details...

ThrillHousE
22-11-05, 18:48
So let's discuss about the resist dmg percentage. for example i skill my fire armor that i will get a final armor of 200pts.
That would be 76% of fire resist if i let show percentages. Means on fire attack i will prevent 76% of the taken dmg on fire --> 24% dmg on my health. So if somebody attack me which would takes me 100hlt pts fire, my health will be decrease by 24hlt pts. right?

does that mean if i skill 160pts fire resist, which would be 74,3%. That it would charge me only 1,7% more dmg? = 25,7hlt pts.

In theory it would be like this, but does it work in practical?

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 18:59
Resists ADD to armour.

The 200 figure is for the total armour cap. This might mean 137 from armour and 63 from resists (which would be 70 resist. up to 100 resist, the armour bonus is the resist value x 0.9).

The maxium resist that contributes to armour is 114, which is a 119 armour bonus, furthur resist skilling does not increase the armour bonus.

For tanks, tailor your htl value so that you hit maximum hp (595hp) with a heat/hazard 3.

ThrillHousE
22-11-05, 19:05
doesn't answer my question imho!

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 19:17
You cannot exceed the 76% resist. It is the cap. Armour is what determines the absorbtion value, resists add to the armour value used to determine it.

There is little point getting to this 200 armour value though, your hp will be so low that you will die faster. The absorbtion curve becomes very flat after about 120 armour, and extra skilling brings minimal gains (speccing beyond 130 for PEs really is daft).

Here's a con setup I knocked out in a few moments, the 4th imp is the CM resist CPU, which is the same as the DOY or NCPD ones. Note I haven't put anythig into the other boxes.

P.S. neocron.ems.ru/resist.html

LiL T
22-11-05, 19:27
So let's discuss about the resist dmg percentage. for example i skill my fire armor that i will get a final armor of 200pts.
That would be 76% of fire resist if i let show percentages. Means on fire attack i will prevent 76% of the taken dmg on fire --> 24% dmg on my health. So if somebody attack me which would takes me 100hlt pts fire, my health will be decrease by 24hlt pts. right?

does that mean if i skill 160pts fire resist, which would be 74,3%. That it would charge me only 1,7% more dmg? = 25,7hlt pts.

In theory it would be like this, but does it work in practical?

I think its players only take 33.3% of the incoming damage befor resist is applyed were as mobs don't have this. Then resist is applyed and then any shelter or protection is taken from the remaining damage, so it be something like this.

200 energy damage

200 x 0.33 - 76% - 70% = 4.75 damage

I may have did this wrong mind

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 19:35
Yes, players have a 'steel skin' that absorbs 66% of dmg, then the armour is applied and then (of aplicable) shields.

The maximum defence is 200 armour and a self cast holy S/D (70% absorbtion of dmg left over from first two stages).

Given 1000 points of initial dmg, that means 34 dmg taken off hp.

ThrillHousE
22-11-05, 19:42
Now i tried to follow your maths, but i can't.
Just make a sample with 200 armor and 150, without S/D. :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
22-11-05, 19:54
Now i tried to follow your maths, but i can't.
Just make a sample with 200 armor and 150, without S/D. :rolleyes:
With 200 armor hit by 1000 initial damage: 1000*34% ("steelskin" resists 66% of the initial damage): 340 remaining damage
340*26% (200 armor meaning 76% resistance applied to the rest of the initial damage) :88.4 remaining damage
With a shelter ontop that removes another 77%: 88.4*23%: 20.332 remaining damage

LiL T
22-11-05, 20:00
edit nvm

Koshinn
22-11-05, 20:07
The (X) are my skill values or suggested skill values.

You canīt go wrong with this setup... provided you have the right imps, all numbers are base values.

Do you only travel/fight with a PPU?

If you're on your own, a tc gun with xray mod would kill you easier than a gun with fire mod. So by saying "knowing my setup won't make me easier to kill" you're lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

Unless the answer to the first question is yes.

ThrillHousE
22-11-05, 20:15
With 200 armor hit by 1000 initial damage: 1000*34% ("steelskin" resists 66% of the initial damage): 340 remaining damage
340*26% (200 armor meaning 76% resistance applied to the rest of the initial damage) :88.4 remaining damage
With a shelter ontop that removes another 77%: 88.4*23%: 20.332 remaining damage

Ok now i got it, only one mistake in your math it's 340*0.24 with 76% resistance, would be 81.6 dmg i would take.

Now we getting closer.

So if i skill 74% resi instead of 76% i only have 156 total armor, would be at 1000 initial dmg:
340*26% (74% resists)=88.4 remaining dmg.

that makes a difference of 6.8 dmg pts per hit, not pretty much though. But it frees me on my example (imp/armor) 75 skill pts which i could spent in other resists.

I want to figure out if its worth getting 200 armor, if you check the difference between 74% and 76% its not imho. If its counted like this!

naimex
22-11-05, 20:15
Do you only travel/fight with a PPU?

If you're on your own, a tc gun with xray mod would kill you easier than a gun with fire mod. So by saying "knowing my setup won't make me easier to kill" you're lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

Unless the answer to the first question is yes.

I usually only fight in op wars.

but.. what use is it that you attack me with xray modded weapon, when you canīt hit me, and you suddenly see your empty healthbar?

Either I win or I lose, if I lose it wonīt be because of you, it will be because I failed at aiming.

If I fail at my aim then it doesnīt matter what damage type you attack me with, then I die, but if I can get aim... Let's just say, I pity the fool who gets stuck in my aim...

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 20:27
Do not bother getting 200 armour total. It is not worth it.

150 armour is 73%, 200 is 76%. 150 more hp is better value.

ThrillHousE
22-11-05, 20:37
nice, does the rule effect only pvp or is it general against npc?
so i should buy some loom pills ;)

LiL T
22-11-05, 21:00
So a PE with no armour on and no con resist can get the same energy/fire/xray defence as a self buffed tank by purely capping health and using shelter :p or not ?

320 - 77% = 78.2 against your 88.4 damage

/edit I don't think shelter is quite that powerfull tbh :>

Kozmos
23-11-05, 08:03
Skill: PSI Use = 5 0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 85 10

Current: 116 16
Skill: Melee Combat = 60 60
Skill: Heavy Combat = 199 33
Skill: Transport = 18 18
Skill: Resist Force = 93 45

Current: 105 5
Skill: Athletics = 70 15
Skill: Body Health = 126 71
Skill: Resist Fire = 114 25
Skill: Resist Energy = 107 25
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 114 65
Skill: Resist Poison = 114 45

Skill: HighTech Combat = 90 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 136 28

Skill: Passive PSI Use = 22 0
Skill: PSI Power = 19 0

Duranium Helmet 4 (Helmet)
Duranium ArmorVest 4 (Vest)
Medium Energyfield Belt (Belt)
Inquisition Trousers 4 (Trousers)
Heavy Duranium Boots (Boots)
Protopharm Resistor Chip (Brain Chip)
Resistance Chip (Brain Chip)
MC5 Hercules CPU (Brain Chip)
Marine's CPU (Brain Chip)
Heavy CombatEye 3 (Eye)
Filter Heart 2 (Heart)
Crahn Power Gauntlet (Glove)
Harden Backbone 3 (Spine)
Biotech AntiGamma Headbone (Headbone)
Bat Queen Chest Enforcement (Chest)
Bat Queen Arm Enforcement (Arm)
Experimental Leg Enforcement (Leg)
Experimental Foot Enforcement (Foot)
Foreign Holy Shelter (Shelter)
Foreign Holy Deflector (Deflector)
Melee Combat Booster 3 (Combat)
Spy Booster 3 (Support)
Hazard Resist Booster 3 (Resist)

Naimex's setup...
well...

Starting with INT, put 40 into PSU rest into Lore, so then you can runcast your heal, this is invaluable when solo on your tank or get caught short.

Str, too much HC, wasted points now, may aswell put it into transport, i think you only need 187ish HC, as your lore's gonna be a bit lower with the PSU, go down to say 192 and you should still cap the CS fully.

Con/Armour... most points efficient armour on a tank is Int4 helm/pants, Dura boots, med belt, dura vest or PA3 for maxing energy, Fire looks high, energy is the first con stat i put at 110-114, then xray, poision is high imo... considering melee tanks are fucked by the shoddy netcode now and majority of hits dont register

Dex is fine, although you could even take out a few points of agl and put 20 into recycle, just incase you run outta stams or anything

PSI, naaah, not enough PPU, too much PPW, only use 3 MST aswell ;) get 506% on your heal, 7 a tick, and runcasting it, makes all the difference.

Implants, Why are you using a herc ? Moveon adds more health and you dont have to go through the hassle of finding a TL115 poker, that would leave you at 113 str. enough for moon/mal/CS/RAV, just cant use a DB but who does anyway

Bones.... well... Xray head, BQ chest, you got those right, but why use the BQ arm and exp leg ? Change those for Xray arm/leg, the foot is good for a HC tank cause of the ath boost

just how i'd change that setup

Ok now i got it, only one mistake in your math it's 340*0.24 with 76% resistance, would be 81.6 dmg i would take.

Now we getting closer.

So if i skill 74% resi instead of 76% i only have 156 total armor, would be at 1000 initial dmg:
340*26% (74% resists)=88.4 remaining dmg.

that makes a difference of 6.8 dmg pts per hit, not pretty much though. But it frees me on my example (imp/armor) 75 skill pts which i could spent in other resists.

I want to figure out if its worth getting 200 armor, if you check the difference between 74% and 76% its not imho. If its counted like this!

This is where getting the balance between health and resists count, generally speaking, to have mega high resists, your gonna have to sacrafice points somewhere, health and ath, meaning slower, less health.

Low health high resists is a ok setup, if you can keep your heal on you at all time
majority of pvp weapons are percentile based damage, look at a CS, on my tank at full health, he will take say 70 from a CS burst. With my tank at 70 health, a CS burst wont kill him, it will do maybe 15/20 at most, because a CS is locational damage, as your health goes down, your body icon's blacked out in certain locations, hits there do less and less damage. Whereas a weapon that does nonlocational, like healing light or rav, will do constant damage, say 55 at full health, and 55 when im at 55 health. Thats why a tank dueling will most likely start with a CS, then finish you with a rav

Koshinn
23-11-05, 08:19
I usually only fight in op wars.

Oh, that explains it. You usually only fight with PPUs.

but.. what use is it that you attack me with xray modded weapon, when you canīt hit me, and you suddenly see your empty healthbar?

I know that's not directed at me and is the generic 2nd person "you", but... have you fought against someone with equal skill 1v1? I don't think so because you usually only fight in op wars... but try it sometime. You'll know when you get pretty much even fights, then when you change characters to one that's better setup that person wins more often, etc. Then if they do switch to xray, they will kill you easier. Yes this game is 80% skill or so, but there is setup involved. Yes xray modded weapons will matter a little, especially if it's a close fight in the first place.

Either I win or I lose, if I lose it wonīt be because of you, it will be because I failed at aiming.

If I fail at my aim then it doesnīt matter what damage type you attack me with, then I die, but if I can get aim... Let's just say, I pity the fool who gets stuck in my aim...
I'd pity anyone who gets stuck in anyone's aim.

Think of it this way Naimex... what if someone else said "either I win or I lose, if I lose it won't be because of you, it will be because I failed at aiming", and you fought that person? What if you both had perfect aiming? Would that mean you get a guaranteed win for some reason? What if you both sucked at aiming, would that mean you get a guaranteed loss? The game isn't centered around how one person does, it's a mix between the skill/luck/setup of both players involved.

So in conclusion, setup does matter. It can be a huge advantage or disadvantage, but in the end skill counts for more. Having both can be the difference between living and dying in high-level PvP however, and Naimex was generous enough to share his setup, so everyone take note!

naimex
23-11-05, 11:22
When I do pull my arse through the city defences to get to NF, and it annoys me that I have to risk getting ganked because of the long synchs out of an NF deck if I want to have a wider variety of guns so I have what I need to fight different people.

A gogu inside NF would be damn sweet, or atleast have the NF area be a safezone with a gogu in it.. especially with that stupid long synch.

The usual outcome is that people need to damageboost me to kill me, or hit the vast majority of shots.

Yes I am used to being PPUd, but that's probably mostly because there isnīt an NF in DoY and I really hate running through the city just to fight a bit. And I donīt go on random PKings or stuff so I donīt practice solo-warfare all that much.

But we can try to find a time perhaps when we are both on terra, a little NF session canīt hurt.

I have as much ppw as I do, because what use is it capping your spells if you donīt have enough psi pool to cast them?

I have enough ppw to have enough in my psi pool to cast heal, deflector, basic 1 and melee 1 and another heal after that.

I have as much weaponlore as I do because I forget to cast spells during combat anyways, and I have nothing but bad experiences with it, and prefer to do the extra damage over getting a few extra health points im gonna lose whilst casting the heal anyways.

As for the heavy combat, Iīm sorry but I just donīt have all arti several slot weapons, so I like to be totally sure that I cap weapons and as said before I have more than plenty free load, so I wonīt bother at all without putting points into tra.

And I have capped force/piercing resists anyways, so there isnīt any point putting more into resist force, and the only thing in melee that attracts me are the laserblades and I cba to use them anyways.. So why bother skilling anymore there?

Why take away a little speed just to recycle something that you can get money for by hunting for 5 minutes?

Waste of skillpoints.

As for the herc, I looked back and forth at the moveon and herc for a long time, and it was only a few points either one way or the other, and in the end I estimated the herc to be preferable with the rest of my skillpoints over the moveon.

I use exp leg and foot out of principle, I'm used to them, and I donīt feel like changing it, the arm was an experiment at some point to get a coolness factor with a laserblade but I went away from it then, and just havenīt changed the implant yet.

Bugs Gunny
23-11-05, 11:29
My old hybrid tank:

Character Overview for Bugs Gunny

Character Class: Gen Tank
Sex: Male
Server: None
Ranking: 47/65

None

Max Skill: 20
Skill: PSI Use = 55 0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 55 10

Max Skill: 100
Current: 124 24
Skill: Melee Combat = 183 66
Skill: Heavy Combat = 187 64
Skill: Transport = 24 24
Skill: Resist Force = 46 43

Max Skill: 100
Current: 108 8
Skill: Athletics = 69 15
Skill: Body Health = 147 79
Skill: Resist Fire = 114 15
Skill: Resist Energy = 102 15
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 114 55
Skill: Resist Poison = 45 45

Max Skill: 70
Skill: HighTech Combat = 86 0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 37 0
Skill: Agility = 156 53

Max Skill: 10
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 30 0
Skill: PSI Power = 11 0

Slot: Helmet - Inquisition Helmet 4
Influences: FIR: 43 PRC: 18 FOR: 16

Slot: Vest - NCPD - Powerarmor
Influences: FOR: 46 PRC: 46 ENR: 36

Slot: Belt - Medium Energyfield Belt
Influences: XRR: 5 ENR: 5 FIR: 3 PRC: 3

Slot: Trousers - Duranium Trousers 4
Influences: FOR: 31 PRC: 32 ENR: 28

Slot: Boots - Heavy Duranium Boots
Influences: FOR: 23 PRC: 28 ENR: 30

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Influences: STR: 3 CON: 3 M-C: 6 H-C: 6 TRA: 6 FOR: 8 HLT: 18

Slot: Brain Chip - Protopharm Resistor Chip
Influences: FIR: 15 ENR: 15 XRR: 15 FOR: 15

Slot: Brain Chip - Marine's CPU
Influences: STR: 5 CON: 5 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10 HLT: 15

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Hercules CPU
Influences: STR: 6 CON: 5 HLT: 15 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10

Slot: Eye - Heavy CombatEye 3
Influences: H-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Filter Heart 2
Influences: POR: 15 XRR: 10 CON: -5

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences:None

Slot: Spine - Harden Backbone 3
Influences: H-C: 8 TRA: 8 STR: 5 DEX: -3 AGL: -10

Slot: Headbone - Biotech AntiGamma Headbone
Influences: XRR: 17 PRC: 10

Slot: Chest - Bat Queen Chest Enforcement
Influences: END: 30 FOR: 20

Slot: Arm - Bat Queen Arm Enforcement
Influences: M-C: 40 FOR: 20

Slot: Leg - Experimental Leg Enforcement
Influences: ATL: 15 FOR: 13

Slot: Foot - Experimental Foot Enforcement
Influences: AGL: 14 FOR: 4

Slot: Shelter - Foreign Holy Shelter
Influences: SHEL: 51

Slot: Deflector - Foreign Holy Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 45

Slot: Combat - Melee Combat Booster 3
Influences: M-C: 20 HLT: 16 AGL: 12

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 3
Influences: HCK: 20 IMP: 16 AGL: 12

Slot: Resist - Hazard Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 25 XRR: 30 POR: 30

Slot: Drug - Beast
Influences: STR: 5 H-C: 25 AGL: 25 HLT: -10

HEALTH : 583
FORCE : 214
PIERCE : 178
FIRE : 165
ENERGY : 200
XRAY : 141
POISON : 40

RUNSPEED: 94.9% / 96.9%

For poison i'd just pop a green dragon.

Dribble Joy
23-11-05, 11:40
So a PE with no armour on and no con resist can get the same energy/fire/xray defence as a self buffed tank by purely capping health and using shelter :p or not ?

320 - 77% = 78.2 against your 88.4 damage

/edit I don't think shelter is quite that powerfull tbh :>
PEs have the highest self defence bar PPUs and blassed hybrids.

With a self cast shelter, you will get about 94% absorbtion (assuming 125 armours), tanks get 73% (98% with foriegn shelter).

It sounds more than the reality though, if a CS does about 70 dmg per burst to a PE, then only about 95 to a tank.

Kozmos
23-11-05, 13:10
When I do pull my arse through the city defences to get to NF, and it annoys me that I have to risk getting ganked because of the long synchs out of an NF deck if I want to have a wider variety of guns so I have what I need to fight different people.

A gogu inside NF would be damn sweet, or atleast have the NF area be a safezone with a gogu in it.. especially with that stupid long synch.

The usual outcome is that people need to damageboost me to kill me, or hit the vast majority of shots.

Yes I am used to being PPUd, but that's probably mostly because there isnīt an NF in DoY and I really hate running through the city just to fight a bit. And I donīt go on random PKings or stuff so I donīt practice solo-warfare all that much.

But we can try to find a time perhaps when we are both on terra, a little NF session canīt hurt.

I have as much ppw as I do, because what use is it capping your spells if you donīt have enough psi pool to cast them?

I have enough ppw to have enough in my psi pool to cast heal, deflector, basic 1 and melee 1 and another heal after that.

I have as much weaponlore as I do because I forget to cast spells during combat anyways, and I have nothing but bad experiences with it, and prefer to do the extra damage over getting a few extra health points im gonna lose whilst casting the heal anyways.

As for the heavy combat, Iīm sorry but I just donīt have all arti several slot weapons, so I like to be totally sure that I cap weapons and as said before I have more than plenty free load, so I wonīt bother at all without putting points into tra.

And I have capped force/piercing resists anyways, so there isnīt any point putting more into resist force, and the only thing in melee that attracts me are the laserblades and I cba to use them anyways.. So why bother skilling anymore there?

Why take away a little speed just to recycle something that you can get money for by hunting for 5 minutes?

Waste of skillpoints.

As for the herc, I looked back and forth at the moveon and herc for a long time, and it was only a few points either one way or the other, and in the end I estimated the herc to be preferable with the rest of my skillpoints over the moveon.

I use exp leg and foot out of principle, I'm used to them, and I donīt feel like changing it, the arm was an experiment at some point to get a coolness factor with a laserblade but I went away from it then, and just havenīt changed the implant yet.

youve always been hard work you know that ;)

waste of skill points ?

Well your the one with too many points in HC, if the points are in HC doing nothing, is that not a waste ? Whereas youll gain some more freeload by putting them into tra, without losing any damage/rof/aim on your CS, is that not a waste of points ? points in a skill that are doing nothing is a waste...

take 4 points out of agiality and you will not notice it with 70/130+ and that means you wont have to bother runnin to town to get stams, or whenever you run out at a bad time. so theres no loss in runspeed and a gain inconvenience...

you will gain from using the xray leg especially seeing as your xray's only like 121/122 total

naimex
23-11-05, 13:30
youve always been hard work you know that ;)

waste of skill points ?

Well your the one with too many points in HC, if the points are in HC doing nothing, is that not a waste ? Whereas youll gain some more freeload by putting them into tra, without losing any damage/rof/aim on your CS, is that not a waste of points ? points in a skill that are doing nothing is a waste...

take 4 points out of agiality and you will not notice it with 70/130+ and that means you wont have to bother runnin to town to get stams, or whenever you run out at a bad time. so theres no loss in runspeed and a gain inconvenience...

you will gain from using the xray leg especially seeing as your xray's only like 121/122 total

Yea I know Iīm hard work :p itīs cuz I'm so bloody stubborn in my opinions. :p

itīs 141 xray actually..

I said a few posts ago, that I like to have a little extra wpl and hc cuz my weapons arent all arti and such.

my highest slotted is a 3 slotted ravager, rest are 1-2 slots.

I only use stam boosters when Iīm fighting for a long time... usually either myself or my opponent is dead or running away before itīs time to use a stambooster..

So I always have plenty on me (NF being the exception cuz you donīt get the stuff back when you die but have to run out and get new).

jesdfair
24-11-05, 21:26
Where is jump height/speed capped? I remember theres a certain point where you can continue to put points into your stats, but your height/speed doesnt get better.

Also, what are the actual titles of PA3/Camo PA

Dribble Joy
24-11-05, 21:29
There is no real runspeed cap, however after 70/70 the gains become less and less, most PEs have about 90/90, tank a bit more.

Yeti
25-11-05, 01:28
There is no real runspeed cap, however after 70/70 the gains become less and less, most PEs have about 90/90, tank a bit more.

What do you mean 70/70... 90/90?
Are you talking about Athletics/Agility?

The formula for runspeed .26(Ath) + .26(Agil), do tanks cap around 100?

CMaster
25-11-05, 01:37

No, thats the amount each contribute - theres no suggestion that actual runspeed is linear. All classes runspeed will cap at the same point, although wo knows what that is.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-05, 09:57
runspeed for each class might even be different.

I know that my spy is VERY fast with less points specced than my pe.

SorkZmok
25-11-05, 10:46
I noticed the same, but it might just be imagination. Some of my characters race up gravlifts, some go slow as fuck. Same with their runspeed. There's something weird there.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-05, 11:52
I used to make a char, try him in the gravlift of mc5. If he was fast i kept him, if slow i deleted them.

It's funny though, since sometimes a "fast" char becomes slower in gravlifts as his rank progresses from leveling.

retr0n
25-11-05, 12:34
Omg, it's the 6th stat all over again :p

Bugs Gunny
25-11-05, 12:38
Retron, you do realise that the more loms you have taken, the longer your range on the local list gets?

retr0n
25-11-05, 13:07
Retron, you do realise that the more loms you have taken, the longer your range on the local list gets?

No way, shit dude, didn't know about that, but what I have heard from this
guy that knows some dude that tested it out is that if you turn off the hud,
you appear to run faster on other peoples screens.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-05, 13:26
Huh, that's nothing. A gm told me that if you reboot your computer during a duel you become imortal.

retr0n
25-11-05, 14:31
I also heard that if you run ICQ, MSN, Vent and some .torrent app and the same
time you will get a bunch of lag and your mem will go down real fast.

naimex
25-11-05, 14:37
I heard that if you donīt get back on topic this thread is gonna get closed...

Dribble Joy
25-11-05, 15:04
I hear you are a boring m00.

The skills thing is a bit confusing, the numbers are a ratio.

So when it says 0.6 PC + 0.4 WEP for pistol dmg, it just means that every 4 points in PC is the same as 6 points in WEP.

Scaramanga
13-12-05, 01:29
Not entirely sure about the sixth skill thing but i do remember reading in a revised skill contribution thread by kk that the skill did contribute to the subskills.
e.g. A tank with 50 fire resist at con level 100 has a greater resist fire than a tank with 50 resist fire and 20 con.

Not sure as to the extent of the contribution.

SovKhan
13-12-05, 01:53
its not a big issue for tanks but other classes need to take into account the hlt to dmg ratio. when i was a ppu i had 0 base hlt because i took less dmg unbuffed with lower health. if you need proof make a 0/2 and hit him with HL one time. i cannot remember the exact con setup.

not sure it if it has been revised.

this i think is the thing that needs to be fixed.

lets say an apu has 100% hlt. lets say 1 HL will hit him unbuffed for lets say 33% of his HLT as dmg. now put a Holy shelter on the apu and heal him back up to full health.

hit him again with HL and see a very small amount of hlt come off of his head.
this is because i believe the way KK programed the way Shelter and Defector affect damage taken as wrong. the shelter amount (like 70 something percent IIRC) is calculated on the 33% of the targets max health per hit value rather than the target characters full health. it would be nice if a player had shelter on it would pass over the 33% health lost max per shot rule and calculate the damage based on the max damage being the players max health. now it is unlikly that the figure will be still be above 33% of the chars health but if it is it should revert back to the max 33% dmg per shot rule.

now if you actually followed all that i will be supprised. and this entire post was OT because it deals with a TANKS con setup however blah.

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 02:39
KK has stated that there is no sixth skill, and a long time ago too.

CON also does not affect resists.

Whitestuff
13-12-05, 02:50
its not a big issue for tanks but other classes need to take into account the hlt to dmg ratio. when i was a ppu i had 0 base hlt because i took less dmg unbuffed with lower health. if you need proof make a 0/2 and hit him with HL one time. i cannot remember the exact con setup.

not sure it if it has been revised.

this i think is the thing that needs to be fixed.

lets say an apu has 100% hlt. lets say 1 HL will hit him unbuffed for lets say 33% of his HLT as dmg. now put a Holy shelter on the apu and heal him back up to full health.

hit him again with HL and see a very small amount of hlt come off of his head.
this is because i believe the way KK programed the way Shelter and Defector affect damage taken as wrong. the shelter amount (like 70 something percent IIRC) is calculated on the 33% of the targets max health per hit value rather than the target characters full health. it would be nice if a player had shelter on it would pass over the 33% health lost max per shot rule and calculate the damage based on the max damage being the players max health. now it is unlikly that the figure will be still be above 33% of the chars health but if it is it should revert back to the max 33% dmg per shot rule.

now if you actually followed all that i will be supprised. and this entire post was OT because it deals with a TANKS con setup however blah.

No, shelter/deflector work the way they are supposed to. They reduce the amount of DMG from that 33% that comes through the armor/resists. If they did what you are proposing, the s/d would knock off 3% of the damage that came through (based on the 70% rule). Sooooooo, what would be the point of s/d then? 3% damage knock off for a Holy S/D? I may be reading your post wrong but I read it 2x to make sure.

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 03:10
Indeed. Shields take of xx% of the dmg left over AFTER armour. So 200 armour and aholy shelter absorbs 97.6 of dmg.

SovKhan
13-12-05, 03:33
no im not talking about after armor. im talking about it not being possible to kill a player in 1 hit with any weapon.

hit a 0/2 noob with HL and see how much health he loses. thats what im talking about.

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 03:38
I am just lost now....

SovKhan
13-12-05, 03:41
dribble continue in PM

naimex
13-12-05, 03:55
Indeed. Shields take of xx% of the dmg left over AFTER armour. So 200 armour and aholy shelter absorbs 97.6 of dmg.

thats self cast..

88.2 % is the maximum defense with foreign holy shelter and 200+ armor resist and 114+ skill resists.

94 % is the maximum defense with selfcast holy shelter and 200+ armor resist and 114+ skill resists.

(based on skill formula the majority of this games players follow)

SorkZmok
13-12-05, 04:48
Hitting a 0/2 guy will kill him these days. I've seen capped spies die to one HL caus they were wearing the wrong belt.

Another thing i'm pretty sure about is that con actually DOES affect resists and damage taken. Might just be imagination though. o_O

/edit
Hell, i've one-shot-killed people with pistols...

SovKhan
13-12-05, 05:48
nice to know its changed.

jini
13-12-05, 08:46

Simply put, the formula for speed which is expressed in percentges, means that athletics and Agility, the two factors that we are allowed to change accounts only for 52%. the rest of it is a hidden factor that kk doesnt want to reveal, which I would speculate its how much you are leveled. Eventually someone will reach level cap and so materialize speed caps. What interests us, the users is to just follow the formula given.
For pc damage, things are easier to follow, because we do know what exactly influences it and we act accordingly.
so for pc dmg=60% pc+ 40% weplore means that investing in p-c affects overall dmg more than investing in weplore, but there is allways a matter of points efficiancy as well.

sultana
13-12-05, 10:35
Err actually Jini, I believe Dirus said that, in this case the Runspeed, .26 (Ath) + .26 (Agl), 1 point in Athletics will go .26 towards a point in run speed, where the actually cap on run speed (number of points) is unknown to us. Same goes for Agility.

jini
13-12-05, 12:08
Err actually Jini, I believe Dirus said that, in this case the Runspeed, .26 (Ath) + .26 (Agl), 1 point in Athletics will go .26 towards a point in run speed, where the actually cap on run speed (number of points) is unknown to us. Same goes for Agility.
you say exactly what i say.
meaning there is an uknown 48% which i claim (from personal experience) is how much you are capped. I dont think we can influence that 48% at all, or maybe so little that we dont know/find another factor other than those mentioned. For instance one could logically say that strength could be a factor. if so then monks/spies would be shafted while they are not.
In any case those skills never meant anything more for me other than influence factors. I have very rarelly used them and most i forget them as well, I found myself looking to this table once in a while in a period of 2-3 months, but thats it

Scaramanga
13-12-05, 12:23
KK has stated that there is no sixth skill, and a long time ago too.

CON also does not affect resists.

Yep, just reread Dirus's skill guide to NC2. Con level affects stamina bodyhealth and Athletics. States quite clearly that con does not affect resists. My bad.