PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q about payment for accounts

YoDa-UK
21-11-05, 19:45
Right, now I got the option to re-activate my account right now, and come up with 2 options, either click2pay or paybycash, now in the days of old I used paybycash but always did it via a bank transfer, these days I can use a switch payment method, but correct me if I'm wrong here, I cant use switch for Neocron? well at least Paybycash it's got no options to use a CC or switch card, and I've heard really bad things from people who used click2pay so unsure what todo really.

Any ideas and anyone else use a switch card that knows what I should do ?

Icewalk
21-11-05, 19:53
Well. I just resubbed my NC2 using my bank account. I have a debit card that I use for stuff anyways, so I thought what the hell.

I only went with PBC because C2P wanted me to SCAN THE FRONT OF MY CREDIT CARD and fucking send it to them in a e-mail LOLLERSKATES>

hinch
21-11-05, 21:21
never had any problems with click2pray tbh

giga191
21-11-05, 21:26
99% of problems with c2p can be solved by phoning them

optiplex
21-11-05, 22:12
i think i remember the peopel saying click2pay was like partnership with reakktor or something? But yea just quit NC till they end up getting paypal :lol: :) 8|

Icewalk
21-11-05, 23:09
Now theres a $5 some charge from Click2pay on my credit card that Id dint authorize and now my cards blocked and I have to go to the fucking bank to get a new one... Thanks c2p!

giga191
21-11-05, 23:39
i think i remember the peopel saying click2pay was like partnership with reakktor or something? But yea just quit NC till they end up getting paypal :lol: :) 8| they have shares in 10t

Vampire222
22-11-05, 00:53
c2p tend to be really annoying to people who dont have a credit card with a fat limit (so i'm lucky i guess)...

Retro V
22-11-05, 01:27
I wouldn't use a service if you feel the provider has an inadequate reputation. Take my case for example ; I signed up with Click2Pay when nc2 was first released last year, they managed to take my details and put me ingame for 6 weeks on 2 accounts without actually getting any money from me. Not complaining at all but it makes them look a bit useless.
I still have to pay those 6 weeks plus a minimum subscription to re-activate, which is under way and I should be back by Evo. PayByCash this time.

Odin
22-11-05, 01:29
Now theres a $5 some charge from Click2pay on my credit card that Id dint authorize and now my cards blocked and I have to go to the fucking bank to get a new one... Thanks c2p!

It's an authorization charge. It will be refunded. Many companies do such it just usually doesn't appear on your credit card statement.

Icewalk
22-11-05, 01:33
Odin. Thing is, I never authorized them to use the 2ndary card. It wasn't a auth charge to the primary card, it was the the one I added yesterday. I didn't read anywhere about a $5 authorization charge.

Rather, it wasn't on my statement but my banks fraud department called me and told me this.

Odin, if it was indeed a authorization charge and you know this as a fact, pleae let me know, so I can call the bank and have my card unblocked!

Ghard
22-11-05, 03:39
i have had nothing but grief from ctp 2 accounts 1 card1 account works the other doesent due to them

vashtyphoon78
22-11-05, 04:57
PBC < C2P

no credit card option with PBC -.- screws us americans

Riddle
22-11-05, 10:53
Never had any problems with C2P tbh but from what i hear some people have had a rough ride :(

YoDa-UK
22-11-05, 12:52
Well, Don't have a CC and the horror stories I've heard about C2P means I won't be using them, I did use paybycash ebfore and they was ok, just they don't have many options for UK customers with Switch, which works for any other MMO I've played, SWG, WoW etc.

Last time I used paybycash, I had to go into town to do a stupid bank wire transfer, which took days to go through :mad:

eLcHi
22-11-05, 12:55
Using C2P with a CC - no problems whatsoever

(only me beeing stupid and entering the wrong password getting the account locked)

Vampire222
22-11-05, 18:27
Paybycash is excellent, only problem is youll need to time account time renewals like a week ahead of expiry date, and that the reactivation will be slower than with c2p, and offcourse, the additional cost compared to c2p.

Agent L
22-11-05, 23:23
I only went with PBC because C2P wanted me to SCAN THE FRONT OF MY CREDIT CARD and fucking send it to them in a e-mail LOLLERSKATES>

Ahaha, that's class.
My card is Virtual VISA and it doesn't exist IRL so scanning is kinda out of question ; D

I had some probs with c2p, but keeping reminding them that I'm neocron client and Jedi-like "no, you don't need my security number" + "no, you don't need to phone me" worked.

Odin
22-11-05, 23:25
Just remember as long as you sign up via the NC2 launcher they cannot ask for personal ID or credit card scans.

Agent L
22-11-05, 23:54
Yeah, but to reactivate even launcher says "mail service@click2pay.com". And it's here where problems start.

Btw, warn your ppl to get ready for my reactivation, coz it's always a lot of trouble for everyone :D

Icewalk
23-11-05, 01:33
Yeah. I went to add my card on there, because the old latter was my mums... they wanted a scan of my card and uiltimately ended up me getting the fucking card blocked.... due to a $5 auth charge they do that I read nowhere at all. Got my card unblocked today, but VERY DAMNED INCONVENIENT! :mad: :mad:

Come on now, can't you spend the damned like $200 it is and get your own merchant account? Honestly!

eLcHi
23-11-05, 11:23
Well, when i reactivated last week i did this:

Point firefox at cp.neocron.com
clicked "your account"
clicked "reactivate your nc2-account"
put down login & password
entered personal details
choosed payment scheme
looked up c2p-login & password on meh gmail-account
entered those
activated, ready to play ... took 5 min ... the greater part looking for the c2p-login data ;)

solling
23-11-05, 11:32
i think giga alrdy said this... Phoning click2pay will fix most any problem

YoDa-UK
23-11-05, 14:21
Well I never used click2pay before so don't have a account with them, I could setup a direct debit with them easy enough, I'll see how the free 14 days goes and how the game shapes up before I do anything :)

Thx for the replies though all

Ninel
24-11-05, 13:12
Odin. Thing is, I never authorized them to use the 2ndary card. It wasn't a auth charge to the primary card, it was the the one I added yesterday. I didn't read anywhere about a $5 authorization charge.

Rather, it wasn't on my statement but my banks fraud department called me and told me this.

Odin, if it was indeed a authorization charge and you know this as a fact, pleae let me know, so I can call the bank and have my card unblocked!

The authorization charge is always done when you register a card with C2P as they want to see if it's valid. Think of it - any other way this would be a very illogical thing to do (check a card after you let it into your system?).

The money will NOT be taken but released to your card again automatically. If your bank's fraud department called you they are just quick :D , however, as I said, the money will not be taken and as Odin already confirmed: this procedure is very common with online merchants but you normally just don't see it or know about it.

Ninel

Retro V
26-11-05, 05:37
Last time I used paybycash, I had to go into town to do a stupid bank wire transfer, which took days to go through :mad:
Seems my bank also charges a flatrate £20 to do a bank wire transfer, lol, but they made the suggestion to pay straight into a branch of PBC's bank (Barclays, right?). Why doesn't PBC suggest this? Oh well, fingers crossed it works.

ZoVoS
26-11-05, 06:11
what if u dont own a scanner or camera?

think a crude drawing of ur credit card in mspaint will be ok?