PDA

View Full Version : Wider varirity of pvp (capped char) weapons

Kierz
21-11-05, 05:24
Instead of having a spread of the "rare" weapons TLs why not just make them all the same reqs, low-tech also being the same but at a lower req. This would give a wider choice of weapon types at higher levels. It gets boring seeing all player types only using the same weapon, pistols are the only one I think use 2 different weapons equally (slasher/exec).

eg:
Judge, BOH, ROLH, Slasher, Executioner all TL113

Although as a downside (?) this would force PEs to either drug or use nonrare weaps (besides lowtech).
Just a thought really, would like to see what people think though.

elGringo
21-11-05, 05:29
What you suggest is basicly having just a single gun with different skins... same reqs, same damage, same everything - otherwise there's always gonna be a certain gun that has a slightly better dmg/time ratio, a few ms faster reload, higher magazine capacity, cheaper ammo...whatever. With everything tested out to the very max you'll always find a weapon thats "just that little bit" better than the other ones - to solve that "balancing problem" you'd have to remove all weapons apart from 1 :)

Terayon
21-11-05, 07:45
Er, ide rather not. All it would do is remove alot of variety from setups.

What you suggest is basicly having just a single gun with different skins... same reqs, same damage, same everything - otherwise there's always gonna be a certain gun that has a slightly better dmg/time ratio, a few ms faster reload, higher magazine capacity, cheaper ammo...whatever. With everything tested out to the very max you'll always find a weapon thats "just that little bit" better than the other ones - to solve that "balancing problem" you'd have to remove all weapons apart from 1
And that would probably also happen :).

retr0n
21-11-05, 11:13
You know you allready have that, it's called CS.

sl33py
21-11-05, 18:16
It doesn't matter how much diversity one brings to a game. Everyone knows that players in general only use the best weapon (dmg over time)

Dribble Joy
21-11-05, 18:49
Doesn't help not to try though :p.

Crest
21-11-05, 19:00
If the gun pool was substantial enough you would have 4 or 5 PVP used weapons where you have avariations of damage vs distribution.... IE 1 thats shoots super quick but does less damage, another slower but damage is increased. Also variation of ammo types, like poison, xray, fire, energy.

New mods would also be welcomed, like double barrel. Could you imagine a double barrel judge, but due to round distribution the kick back is bad but hit someone and its pain.

We have just basic types and we could probably do more variations on these too. Making the cookie cutter setup ..... well not cookie cutter anymore.

Dribble Joy
21-11-05, 23:56
We used to hav not only a selection of different weapons, but different offence/defence options for many of them.
Full cap judge (hard to achieve, low defence), mid range (SA, SF, dist 3, moveon) or 'low tech' (high defence, low rof from judge). Same for BoH, PE, RoG, RoLH, and others.

vashtyphoon78
22-11-05, 01:18
there needs to be a rare version of every weapon in the game. there is usually like 3 versions of a weapon, and then possibly a rare version. imagine using a rare minirocket pistol :lol: or a rare nailgun :lol: :lol:

Terayon
22-11-05, 01:56
I want a rare street rifle! Seriously should be a higher tl of that weapon.

CMaster
22-11-05, 01:58
I want a rare street rifle! Seriously should be a higher tl of that weapon.

Yeah, I really like that gun line.

vashtyphoon78
22-11-05, 04:59
i want a rare gatlin rifle- those things pwn all =D i mean how uber would a rare gatlin rifle be

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 10:48
Remember that any new weapon would have to fit into the current TL tree, while trying to be something different at the same time.
You couldn't make a tl 97 gat rifle, what would be the point in speccing the TC for the RoG? Since dmg is dependant on tl, noone would bother with the RoG at all.

Riddle
22-11-05, 10:49
People know this game to well to avoid cookie cutter setups tbh.

Put any amount of "NEW" weapons in game and within a week they will all have been tested, the best selected and incorporated in setups, only to be nerfed in a later patch for being 'Overpowered' ;) then the second best of the test is selected etc.etc.

Unfortunately variety in setups is a very hard thing to acomplish due to the fact everyone wants that slight advantage and if thats a gun that does 5 more damage over 1 min they will take it :lol:

Although like to see a rare needle gun with a poison MOD!

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 10:54
It does mean that the dmg/time/tl of each weapon is tested to a much greater extent by the community than internal testing ever would.

The problem is when they try to do somehting right, but end up doing a bunch of other stuff as well (the Judge boost a while ago is a prime example, The wyatt, HL, CS and a number of other guns are still too powerful)

Riddle
22-11-05, 11:00
True , true. I would like to see greater diversity in game but It will never happen.
When you see a Tank whats he carrying? 9/10 CS or DEV
When you see a APU whats he carrying? Bet your ass its a HL
When you see a Pistol SPY whats he carrying? Slasher or a Exec
When you see a Rifle SPY whats he carrying? HL or FL

Its just so dam boring!

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a NCPD PA wearing char.
Was it a TANK?
NO!
He proceeded to pull a Holy Lighting out and blast away :lol: :lol:

gstyle40
22-11-05, 11:11
One of the funniest things I ever saw was a NCPD PA wearing char.
Was it a TANK?
NO!
He proceeded to pull a Holy Lighting out and blast away :lol: :lol:

they sell hologram armour at crahn hq to make monks look like other classes. it is funny tbh

commerzgandalf
22-11-05, 11:19
but just for spys :(
and it makes -30 dex and -50 agl
thats just funny if you are in th and look like tank with cr 89 or something
and noobs came around and ask how you make that ^^
"rifeltank ftw"
:D

excuse bad english

Dribble Joy
22-11-05, 11:42
The problem with tanks is that there is little variation in weapon tl or dmg. A SF plasma wave isn't much distinguishable from a CS or Rav (non-locational dmg makes the rav better for low hp targets) or a Dev.
If we want diversity, we need to create a greater tl/dmg diversity. HC weapons that are 125 str to 95 str. The problem being that the imps that add HC/MC are also defensive imps, so a reorg would need to include a complete rework of the imps.

As for spies, the problem is that they can use inq and cap their weapon, probably with a ppr or moveon as well. If you can do all these things, then there is no reason to diversify.
Again, we need a tl rework, with 'low offence' weapons spies can use with inq and 'high offence' they can use without it (with other changes). TL 130 rifles and things.

Bugs Gunny
22-11-05, 12:37
Back when i was in blood someone was trying to experiment with an apu in ncpd pa, it took a LOT of drugs though, including the krinakh nightshade.

SorkZmok
22-11-05, 12:46
The problem with tanks is that there is little variation in weapon tl or dmg. A SF plasma wave isn't much distinguishable from a CS or Rav (non-locational dmg makes the rav better for low hp targets) or a Dev.
If we want diversity, we need to create a greater tl/dmg diversity. HC weapons that are 125 str to 95 str. The problem being that the imps that add HC/MC are also defensive imps, so a reorg would need to include a complete rework of the imps.

As for spies, the problem is that they can use inq and cap their weapon, probably with a ppr or moveon as well. If you can do all these things, then there is no reason to diversify.
Again, we need a tl rework, with 'low offence' weapons spies can use with inq and 'high offence' they can use without it (with other changes). TL 130 rifles and things.If you take high end guns from drugging inqui/shelter spies, there's absolutely no sense in even rolling a spy anymore as then PEs would just be the easier choice. Lowtech to midtech PE just gets way better defense than a spy using lower rares. The only reason to use a spy over a PE is the usage of high end rares. But as PEs can do that (and cap them) aswell, the whole system is flawed anyway.

Riddle
22-11-05, 14:20
they sell hologram armour at crahn hq to make monks look like other classes. it is funny tbh

No dude this was real NCPD PA ;)

Vae Victis
22-11-05, 19:40
Remember that any new weapon would have to fit into the current TL tree, while trying to be something different at the same time.
You couldn't make a tl 97 gat rifle, what would be the point in speccing the TC for the RoG? Since dmg is dependant on tl, noone would bother with the RoG at all.RoG fucking sucks since it got nerfed.
people speccing TC are always going for HL or any other TC weapons, but never the RoG. unless KK makes it like it was back in nc1.

Kozmos
23-11-05, 07:47
Back when i was in blood someone was trying to experiment with an apu in ncpd pa, it took a LOT of drugs though, including the krinakh nightshade.

polarity did it on his PPU when epics first came out, back on pluto ;)

solling
23-11-05, 11:51
When you see a Tank whats he carrying? 9/10 CS or DEV

most tanks now a days use rav i think

but really tanks have a lot of varaity like u got CS and RAV as main wepaons then u got the dev and speed gat as 2nd weapons i use all of the above and i like that tanks have alot of shit to choose from tho i gotta admit CS is my main weapon

Dribble Joy
23-11-05, 12:12
If you take high end guns from drugging inqui/shelter spies, there's absolutely no sense in even rolling a spy anymore as then PEs would just be the easier choice. Lowtech to midtech PE just gets way better defense than a spy using lower rares. The only reason to use a spy over a PE is the usage of high end rares. But as PEs can do that (and cap them) aswell, the whole system is flawed anyway.
PEs capping high end weapons, even 'mid range' weapons (like the judge) without large skillign, is part of the problem.

We need to restrict the use of high end weapons on PEs, remove the dex bonus on PEPA and introduce a TL gap from about 107 to 121. Spies can opt for a low attack setup with inq and a RoLH area weapon, or lower defence and a really high TL weapon (depoending on the dmg of the high TL stuff, you might have to add energy/fire to battle armours slightly). A roll back to pre patch 124 to sort the skills out.

More details whenever I get round to posting my next Big Fixc thread.

Vae Victis
23-11-05, 14:40
Back when i was in blood someone was trying to experiment with an apu in ncpd pa, it took a LOT of drugs though, including the krinakh nightshade.did it on my PPU

rezzed someone, was pretty fun to see.