PDA

View Full Version : Boost rayguns

Mechanicus
20-11-05, 14:26
no explanation needed

Vampire222
20-11-05, 14:43
Yeh, what happened to the Reign Supreme of the Ray of God? (and of Last Hope)

LTA
20-11-05, 15:13
Yeh, what happened to the Reign Supreme of the Ray of God? (and of Last Hope)

You need ask....

It got "fixed" no more blacksun pe's etc.

LiL T
20-11-05, 15:20
I might get a ROLH and see what its damage is like, I used the blacksun and that was crap.

LTA
20-11-05, 15:21
I might get a ROLH and see what its damage is like, I used the blacksun and that was crap.

Ray weapons arent that good anymore they took a hit due to rolh pe's (thx fang) my rog sucked on my spy so i gave up using it

LiL T
20-11-05, 15:35
Well while we are talking about boosting stuff perhaps the beam of hell needs a boost also, infact yes it does need a boost :wtf:. I think its more to do with its aiming than damage, though it only does 22 to my PE thats not much more than explosive earp.

What do other people think of the BOH ?

Mystic-Crusader
20-11-05, 15:47
Nerfing the blacksun was ok, it was overpowered for its tl, but they didn't need to make the rare versons - rog and rolh useless for pvp....

LTA
20-11-05, 15:47
What do other people think of the BOH ?

it's great for leveling, can carry like 120 clips of laser ammo, pvp wise i think it does suck pvp wise yeah specially for it's tl but have seen a few people using one and on say a tank or something (talkin no shelts here lol) its not bad :p

Redeemer anyone? has this rare EVER once had its day of supremecy.... no lol

But instead of nerfing the powerfull weapons they need to bring the others inline and if you watch the interview for FFOnlines next big expansion thing the president was on about overpowered chars and he said something like :
Instead of nerfing the black mage because it is stronger than the rest we will ask the rest what they think they need to bring there character into line with the others so they can compete as effectively.

Mechanicus
20-11-05, 16:20
uo tried that strategy, look at the state of uo now, that strategy LITERALLY killed uo

E. Cryton
20-11-05, 16:22
Redeemer anyone? has this rare EVER once had its day of supremecy.... no lol

it was quite good for sniping ... shooting 4, 5 times and switch over to HL or SH.
did pretty good dmg on any char. but only on long range =/...

Animated
20-11-05, 16:22
Depends on whether KK want to make combat quicker or slower.

If they boost stuff, it takes less damage to kill someone and therefore combat doesn't last as long.

If they nerf stuff, it takes more damage to kill someone and therefore combat lasts longer.

LTA
20-11-05, 16:35
Used to be fast paced i prefered it then (the 2 weeks of no freezer was great lol)

I trust square wont mess there own game up.... most things been fixed, they've just cut a mass of the gill sellers out of easy gill mobs but aint a ffxi discussion so end there lol

Just think they have been nerfing weapons for to long and now all we have is a few semi decent ones, a load of underpowered ones and the select few everyone use because there a cut above everything else till they get nerfed.

If the powerfull weps stayed overpowered we'd probably have a nice high dmg top tl line up, Rog, Dissie, Exe, Slasher, Rolh, Libbie (used to be uber?), but then i aint the balance on weapons so who am i to say lol

Mechanicus
20-11-05, 16:37
best line of weps in NC are HC, pretty much every one of em is balanced and viable in pvp, and none really stand out from the rest

Koshinn
20-11-05, 20:09
BoH needs an upgrade

Dominus
20-11-05, 20:33
And while you're at it, buff the TT rifle epic. It's no way equal to the BD epic rifle :( .

vashtyphoon78
21-11-05, 02:10
redeemer is the best sniper for PvM- cause you can stick out of range of the mob- and do max damage to the mob without it being able to shoot you. PvP its not so good cause of how easy the shells are to dodge if your paying attention.

Vampire222
21-11-05, 03:24
rog was like perfectly balanced back in nc1 when it got boosted, and rolh too, its shitty if first rares are like their supposed to be, and then they got helped back to death again...

solling
21-11-05, 08:11
keep in mind that ROLH and ROG are basicly point and click tho but yeh deff need a small boost

SorkZmok
21-11-05, 10:22
Rayguns should have their aiming fixed, then damage increased again. Atm their complete shit in pvp.

Same with the beam of hell, compared to the healing lights it's absolutely useless. Though it's amazing for pvm, great range, huge clip, low ammo usage and it barely ever misses.

LiL T
21-11-05, 10:32
Rayguns should have their aiming fixed, then damage increased again. Atm their complete shit in pvp.

Same with the beam of hell, compared to the healing lights it's absolutely useless. Though it's amazing for pvm, great range, huge clip, low ammo usage and it barely ever misses.

Its because its damage is non locational, I'm not sure what its damage use to be like but It hardly ever misses and does the same damage each hit. It stacks up 30+30+30 = 90 damage 5 seconds later due to lag, then another 30 + 30 etc. It use to rip people apart never missed same high damage each time, what ever part of the body you where hitting bit like the rav and healing light. Remeber the old healing light damage, that was overpowered right there, I call these noob guns because as long as you hit them, your going to kill them.