PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Interface

optiplex
20-11-05, 11:52
I demand a interface change, quit tryign to make it cool KK. keep it simple i mean wtf is all that lines if Microsoft can do something simple so can you. when people have a way to edit the interface its illegal? gay. And get pay pal.

retr0n
20-11-05, 11:59
I was playing around the other day and came up with this...

http://foppa.cse.kau.se/mm12/tmp/primateshud.jpg

I like simplistic stuff. It's meant to have the old NC font, but I don't have that
so I had to choose another.

snow_blind
20-11-05, 12:05
I like that its simple and effective. Could have more of a look to it though.

LiL T
20-11-05, 12:18
Thats nice

Thinking
20-11-05, 12:31
I was playing around the other day and came up with this...

http://foppa.cse.kau.se/mm12/tmp/primateshud.jpg

I like simplistic stuff. It's meant to have the old NC font, but I don't have that
so I had to choose another.

B08 isnt this sector ;)

QuakCow
20-11-05, 12:31
id use it, i still think it would be cool if they had a competition for RPOS designs...and the top 3 got put in and could be chosen from

retr0n
20-11-05, 12:34
The best would be if KK could make a good system to allow us to skin our own
huds, get a little modding action going on, people love that.

---
@Thinking: No it's not :) Neither can you have X5 of Haz lol :) That one is suppose
to be poison stacks but I didnt have a screenie with one on it so I used the haz
icon :p

Mighty Max
20-11-05, 13:19
Tbh i like that RPOS mockup.

And i like how you represented it. Without the need to excuse a filechange :)

PS: A change in the minimap showing the direction you look and a bit more visible would complete it

funkeymonkey
20-11-05, 13:48
id use it, i still think it would be cool if they had a competition for RPOS designs...and the top 3 got put in and could be chosen from
quality idea! Love that rpos as well, ild use it. The current one is way over the top, it just looks a mess. The nc1 rpos was far better.

sanityislost
20-11-05, 14:36
Damn nice one dude, that rpos kicks ass

SiL ..:..

naimex
20-11-05, 14:46
B08 isnt this sector ;)

And besides it says B07.... not B08..

but yes you´re right, it´s neither B08 OR B07 :p

LTA
20-11-05, 15:25
Looks good there wasnt much wrong with the old one, the new is to much extra its good but needs trimming down sorta thing.

Local needs a nerf, shouldnt be able to see who's around you unless you look takes away a bit of the element of suprise and makes stealth hard.

fschepper
20-11-05, 15:27
Want a playerskin-competition too !!
Competitions are great..

bubby
20-11-05, 19:42
Simple and effective and you can see :) THIS ONE FTW :)

naimex
20-11-05, 22:24
Too simple for my taste..

Dribble Joy
20-11-05, 23:57
That all done with the ini? O_o

retr0n
20-11-05, 23:59
Take a closer inspection ;)

Spoon
21-11-05, 00:44
I'd be happy with an option to use the old RPOS.....

ZoVoS
21-11-05, 02:57
i like the current one i just want it to be scaled down moderatly

Vampire222
21-11-05, 03:30
The "wow-like" clan member online/offline, would rule tbh.

Terayon
21-11-05, 07:56
I want to know why kk dousent want people changing their rpos around. Becouse the way i understand it now its as if nc2 was designed to allow people to change their rpos, then at the last minute kk changed their minds.

Ah well.

Toxen
21-11-05, 08:17
As regards to the rpos and its changeability nothing was done differently between NC1 and NC2 except artwork and a couple of tweaks it was never designed to be changeable it just was a by product of how the game uses graphics as far as I know there was never any plan to implement a system that would allow direct editing of the rpos. KK's policy is a no modification on any files apart from ini files just a general across the board policy to prevent hacks and cracks

ZoVoS
21-11-05, 10:58
As regards to the rpos and its changeability nothing was done differently between NC1 and NC2 except artwork and a couple of tweaks it was never designed to be changeable it just was a by product of how the game uses graphics as far as I know there was never any plan to implement a system that would allow direct editing of the rpos. KK's policy is a no modification on any files apart from ini files just a general across the board policy to prevent hacks and cracks

ye but it wasnt always like that

retr0n
21-11-05, 13:10

A second HUD will be patched in in one of the upcoming patches (the ground work has already been completed and patched).

In the meantime you can choose between nine other colour schemes using the command:
Code:

/set gfx_hudcolor <x>

or you can create your own by editing the file

.\ini\rposcolor.ini

Can be found here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=121247). So they have done something.

Riddle
21-11-05, 14:20
Yep awaiting that second hud but what i really want is a program that allows me to add remove things from the HUD so i can personalise it.

For those of you who played WOW something like CTMOD would be great!

solling
21-11-05, 14:47
ubar rpos prim i would love to get rid of the local tho no sneaking in this game :( and no way to hide when peopel can just see u in local it should be GONE

pabz
21-11-05, 14:50
ubar rpos prim i would love to get rid of the local tho no sneaking in this game :( and no way to hide when peopel can just see u in local it should be GONE

Goneh

solling
21-11-05, 14:53
pabz smells he should be GONE :p

pabz
21-11-05, 14:53
pabz smells he should be GONE :p

stay on topic u nibstickle, i use lynxs

Ras Klaat
21-11-05, 15:08
"or you can create your own by editing the file"

.\ini\rposcolor.ini

Does that mean you can change the colour of say the recticle ? If so how ?

Edit :
nvm i found out how to do it.

Bugs Gunny
21-11-05, 15:20
I'm all for removal of the local list to make things more realistuc, but then droners would be overpowered.
Imagine trying to find a good droner in a heavily vegetated or hilly zone......

SorkZmok
21-11-05, 15:33
Nice rpos, though it's already a bit too simple. Love that "Poison stack x 5" thing, i'd love to see that implemted. Especially with short stacks like fire or poison it can get so damn annoying.

And i really hope KK will just make an RPOS contest of some sort where the best ones are put into game. I mean, there's already a command to change the look of the rpos in the ini files, we're just not allowed to put any in. :(

LTA
21-11-05, 16:38
I'm all for removal of the local list to make things more realistuc, but then droners would be overpowered.
Imagine trying to find a good droner in a heavily vegetated or hilly zone......

If the drones werent so strong i wouldnt mind, be the same as trying to find a good sniper in the veg or a hiding pe or something

Could add some kind of tracking tool like a radar type thing lol sweeps a certain radius per use make it useable every 10 or so seconds and have people track him would be the same for snipers aswell then.
Or even control of uplinks tracks people in the zone or something i dunno just dont like local really :p

Morganth
22-11-05, 00:22
I like the modified RPOS ^iCe accidentally installed, was a skinned down version of the current one without all the fluffy crap.

Wouldn't mind porting the CS:S Crosshair to NC, then at least I stand a chance of being able to aim in NC again :p